Discussion James bond is going the way of the dodo, ladies, what do you think?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mount Tai Unleashed, Nov 7, 2020.

Tags:
  1. RainMorga

RainMorga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A James Bond film where James Bond is a side-character...

Nightow1 likes this.
  2. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, that would be a genre clash with Agent 99.

:p

Hey it is a twist they won't be expecting, like the Spanish Inquisition lol.

Fun Fact: James Bond's last number in the last book Ian Flemming published is 7777, not 007 so a "new" Bond that is not "James" is just following in the footsteps of the old series before it ended, nothing new here.

LordCorwin likes this.
  3. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    What's Agent 99? Was that a part of the Hitman series?

In my country, Agent 007 is interchangeable with James Bond. I mean, we use JB, and add 007 here and there not to keep repeating JB.

4. RainMorga

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't read the book but the online summary says that there was no active 007 and he was reinstated the codename by the end of the novel.

5. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. However, let's face it. I doubt that there will some genuine attempt to make a reasonable story for this if they did a gender flip. Most of the gender-flipped movies that I watched it's just like a carbon copy with a few tweaks. The more I watched, the more my brain starts to do a side by side comparison and contrast. Then I get judgy and instead of enjoying the film, I end up liking the original version. Sure, some viewers won't feel like I did but I think most will have the same reaction as me. I mean, it becomes an in-your-face window dressing and cash grab that I ended up regretting watching. Movies, after all, are a luxury these days.

And as if, Hollywood would admit that they made it due to social events and being "PC.'
    For a long brand and franchise like Bond, it's like attempting to satisfy nobody or they just want to roast fans and when fans bite, they will call them names. It's like the trend nowadays. I have afeleign that this will create a meme that will just point out the shallowness of the change rather than making it a real Bond-like film.

Yeah, sorry but I feel that 007 is Bond. If I were M, I'll retire the number. It might just be a number, but it has an identity of its own.

6. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    I can smell some real capital G-Gamers in the comments.

Also, kinda true but it doesnt really apply in this situation since 007 is just a code name. Anyone could possibly bear this code name.

The 00 means hes in a secret part of MI6. The 7 is just his agent number. So, if he dies then quite literally anyone could become 007.

It does suck when people make shit woke but some times people wanna complain about wokeness when theres absolutely wrong.

In this situation, I honestly believe its ok to cast anyone as the new 007. Since the explanation above.

7. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp most movies right now are trying to force down their views on you with things like this and yeah as a Bond fan thanks to my Dad, this ain't no Bond film anymore. If the Agent was a different "00" or something I would've watched it man.

Sabruness likes this.
  8. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When SJWs infiltrate/influence American/British movies, that is just the beginning.

9. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a joke from the show Get Smart. You can look it up on youtube, it's hilarious.

Bond was assumed dead at the end of the novel, complete with obituary.

10. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Think positive. Maybe it will be a yuri bond with strange pick up lines and kitty bumping. It could happen.

Vanidor likes this.
  11. RainMorga

Reading List:
    Link
    According to Wikipedia, "The Man with the Golden Gun" novel comes after "You Only Live Twice."

12. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    Flemming died 8 months before that book was published, it was an unfinished/unpolished work that was railroaded into print.

13. RainMorga

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand but You Only Live Twice was not what he planned as the end.

14. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    That does not change the fact that the 007 number was taken away from him. 00 is a *department number*, if he transfers like he did in You Only Live Twice, his number changes. Someone else took his number when he was transfered to Foreign Affairs. This is canon, when he "died", his number was actually 7777 (77XX being the Foreign Affairs department number).

Bitty Kitty likes this.
  15. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They aren't doing this to be woke. The millionaires and billionaires behind producing movies might spin shit like that for the public but it's about lack of competition.

Why were Wonder Woman and Rogue One such huge cash cows? Because there basically wasn't any competition. There's essentially no competition for a female action movie in American cinema. Similar to Xena on TV years ago. If you have no competition in your field you get all the available money.

mangoberry, seira-aries, imK and 4 others like this.
  16. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... this really is a line that bears thinking more about. :blob_tilt:

17. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I never read the original Fleming books and have not seen all the official 007 movies. However, even if "007" is a title applicable to other people, given that James Bond was established as a cishet White Brit man (specifically, a Scott of Swiss background), perhaps make all "007" users White cishet British guys.

18. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    are you thinking about captain marvel and latest star wars? how about mulan?

19. novaes

novaes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, I think it's just controversy bait to get people to pay attention to it. As for anyone dumb enough to do a palette swap on james bond? Just make your own damn spy movie. There really doesn't need to be a competition to make the most lazy, creatively bankrupt thing you can.

It's a good time to try, too. After corona took a diarrhea dump on hollywood, there are a lot of very bored people desperate for something even half decent to watch.

20. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    so oceans 11 into oceans 8 kinda thing? excepet not even bothering to change the number? lolz the lazy attempt