Discussion Japanese novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by SilverTap, Dec 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibekaya

ibekaya RARE SPECIES !!! DANGEROUS CREATURES !!!

Reading List:
    Link
    This thread is good.
    I have the same problem. So it help me a lot.
    Tnks for sharing

2. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah... depending on the target reader population, the MC can range from lawful stupid to magnificent bastard. I guess publication economy will result the book to pander to the lowest common denominator reader. And the cheapest and surest way is to add gratuitous sexual scene, even if it didn't matter much....
    But i should refrain from speaking any further. In the end this kind of conversation will turn into Sisyphean banter.

In the end:
    Each to his own.
    suum cuique pulchrum est.
    十人十色.

And let us just leave at that....

The problem is basically finding the right novel with the right genre. maybe there are tag for MC had strong or interesting personality?

NekoMK2, Gadget and CDLevit like this.
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow > dev/null

Reading List:
    Link
    My opinion on Japanese LN, it is better than Chinese and Korean Novels. Simply because compared to Chinese and Koreans my top most favorite would easily be dominated by Japanese ones.

Though some of the worst I have seen is also Japanese... But then again, lately some chinese novels already started, naah they are already fighting their way to the bottom of the list.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  4. taba1212

taba1212 Unemployed

Reading List:
    Link
    Japanese Novels are better than Chinese cause they have process. Starts from WN, then with the help of editors and other people turns into LN but Japanese almost always will be licensed when things start to get really really good. Well they also have cliche themes like Chinese Novels. The advantage of Chinese is that the author tends to update really fast that it may be also the cause of its weakness.

5. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    Re:Monster, Tate no Yuusha, Tensei Shitara Slime have pretty smart/badass MCs

6. uthgard

uthgard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno, overall I still prefer japanese novel compared to chinese ones

they are more diverse even with a lot of cliche that was already mentioned, the reason may probably be that most of the translated JP novel are from real released novel that have an editor as compared to chinese web novel style which while they update fast a lot of content often seem unrefined and hilariously inconsistent (e.g x continent strongest people are at 5th level -> 100 chs later -> sry guys I'm wrong the strongest one is at 7th level after all tehee)

if you want some example of some of JP novel that I like then
    Spice & Wolf
    Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu
    Chrome Shelled Regios
    Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
    Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
    Oreimo
    Oregairu
    Index
    etc

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  7. 12kucingputih

12kucingputih Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    almost japanese novel I read the author introduced MC with Neet character with wimpy personality and dislike fighting and trying not to kill people so much and I hate this kind of MC's

8. NekoMK2

NekoMK2 Lazy cat, [self proclaimed GM_Rusaku Disciples]

Reading List:
    Link
    then i must make a tread with tittle asking xinxia/wuxia with mc who didnt think with his fist or less hot-blooded type :p
    i say this since only read zl, God & Devil world & btth only, as far i read the synopsis many of them have similar theme "become strongest in the world"

9. NekoMK2

NekoMK2 Lazy cat, [self proclaimed GM_Rusaku Disciples]

Reading List:
    Link
    "trying to not kill people" eh i found this to be normal since even a soldier still have aversion in taking life more over many LN have teenager as MC, except some who live with special circumstance

10. rizzumeow

rizzumeow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's hard to find any non moronic MCs in JP web novels since 80% of narou is filled with author's fantasies

I myself have dropped 60% on my read list since I find the MCs to be boring

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.