LCD Jiang Ye

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by LoneWanderer23, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Yabu

Yabu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "why bother ?" -eldest brother of the academy
    this definitely have become my favorite phrase in this novel

2. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this worth reading?
    I am still stuck on chapter 1

3. patcan3609

patcan3609 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, I think this is worth reading. All of Mao Ni's books are worth reading.

L611 and Wujigege like this.
  4. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    You should have quoted. I didn't get any alerts.
    Long time no see. Hope you have been well
    Last saw you in ZTJ LCD
    Like a year ago lol

5. patcan3609

patcan3609 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't feel the need to comment so I kind of disappeared for a while. I also haven't read NU novels for a while.

6. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if this was some random xuanhuan, mc would bang both of them then leave to find another girls
    but fortunatly it's not
    conspiracy everywhere ...

7. neri21

neri21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    worth your time. it's a very interesting book. I can't wait for the entire translation.

Wujigege likes this.
  8. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I skipped chapter 1 and I have got to agree lol

9. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nightfall was in my "To read later" list because i'm interested in good romance (someone suggested).
    But recently i just started Ze Tian for it's romance too but someone said in the latest chapter thread that the romance is not good/ nightfall is better. So i think i will start soon Nightfall.
    My question is : will MC go out with SangSang, the girl from the summary ? Sounds like a dumb question where surely most people would surely say yes but i still want to verify it. Because unbelievably there is a other novel where MC saves a girl from dragon (summmary of the novel) and help her but strangely because MC is not manly, girl marry a random noble full of justice (surely NTR for some) and she even dares to ask MC to help her again (unless it's a lie everything is said by the reviews).

Slow romance tag, i just hope it's good. And that not too many girls will go close to MC and be heart-broken.

Hey ! Didn't know you will read this work too ! Fellow comrade reader !

Wujigege likes this.
  10. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I decided to skip chapter one. I enjoyed the story until he became a triple threat: went to second floor, became a discipline and top caligrapher.
    Hopefully, he suffers soon

11. neri21

neri21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sang sang is his life so, yup, he won't let her go even if he likes another girl.

12. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh come on don't say that. I prefer a no-drama story better. Guys, he won't be suffer too much right ? RIGHT ? Plz tell me !
    Thx you for confirming. Now i can read this novel with a happy mood.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  13. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    I am at chapter 7 and i really can't believe how he treat SangSang. Is there a reason for that ?????
    You said he likes so why treat her like that ? Will she love back MC ? I find their situation really strange.

Chapter 8, no comments. There is really is a reason for that. I wonder if the girl will stay dark skinned. Not a fan of dark skin but thx god looks like heroine is just tanned.

14. L611

L611 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its a mao ni novel. the relations people have has alot more depth than we are used to. just read it. the reason for his treatment will be explained later on.

15. L611

L611 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish the tl for this novel did something similar to what hypersheep did for ztj. without the tl notes i feel like i miss way too many references to get the exact intentions of the dialogues. those dialogues and the interactions b/w the characters is the reason these novels feel much better than the rest.

16. WinByDying

WinByDying I can count to four

Reading List:
    Link
    The last chapters had such great high points. The cold war, the fight right now, ... It all makes me excited, excitement I haven't had for a long time reading novels here.

Nothing weird of the sorts happens in Nightfall. The romance is very well done, I think. Not too prominent, very slow subtle buildup throughout the novel. It's difficult to call it romance. They're like family, best friends, ... all at the same time. Life companions is the most apt description. And she's a bit too young for errr ...

There is one love rival. Literally one, in my opinion done very tastefully. Her character is worked out, and her appearance in the novel isn't dragged out over too many chapters. No triangle rubbish. Ning Que does like her, but it feels more like friendship and appreciation for her ability. Love or puppy love are too strong terms. Ning Que isn't really the character to be head over heels, if you know what I mean. It was her, Mo Shanshan, who pressed him into considering her seriously. And he did, for a short while.

That didn't make Sangsang happy you can imagine, and her reaction made for some of the chapters I've enjoyed the most. The last like 50 chapters or so were the best actually. Anyway, the way Que and Sangsang act towards each other feels like they are in a relationship for a long time already.

That's about it. So far it's been a implicit sweetness, (today's chapters 487-488 are an example), and you get the feeling as if they're an old couple who understand each other in and out. Very dependent on each other. But no snu-snu. Some romance novels (one of Ding Mo's, the one on Qidian) feel kind of electric, as in there's constant positive tension without needing any explicit scenes. That's not Nightfall's type of romance. Out of all romance on this site, and probably western romance that I've read included, this one has given me the most deep satisfaction.

Soulmates.

That's me fanboying.

Nightfall's faults in my opinion don't lie with the pacing (I get Wuji's point, but it doesn't bother me personally), but with the way it feels to read it. It feels like Mao Ni, but maybe a little too apathetic, a little too clinical at times. Yes, the protagonist is a bit like that himself, but it draws me in just a tiny bit too little. I'm nitpicking. One of the best on the site.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  17. WinByDying

Reading List:
    Link
    Imagine, it's now already this good, ...that's the dream right there. Add to that explanations for cultural references, would be welcome in Joy of Life as well actually. Unfortunately, that's a tough ask. If translators do so, they do it out of love for the novel. I remember TTNH used to be translated by someone who explained references. TTNH was better with notes, now I have difficulty reading any Fengling Tianxia novel.

I don't think we'll get that at QI. Not hating on them specifically but there's a large difference between a single, empassioned translator and a translation team under QI.

Mao Ni is the reason I want to learn Chinese. Can't do it though, I first have to finish a last year of education and get a job.

L611 likes this.
  18. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry to say that when you liked it that much but i prefer a more loveydovey romance so i'm dropping reading this novel (already read a few chapters).

19. WinByDying

Reading List:
    Link
    Why feel sorry? If it's not your taste, then it isn't. It's not a romance novel after all, the characters are quite dark.

A sickeningly sweet loveydovey one is MAM if you haven't already read that one.

20. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Just speaking in case you didn't like what i said, forget it.

Yeah, thx you for suggestion but already read it, it's sweet beyong anything else and the latest chapters i skip the fights for the romance, too bad that translator stopped and not a mtl reader.