Movie Joker

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by alamptr, Oct 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    This movie is so dark i can't see anything... :blobcheeky:

Well, i can see why some people say that this movie glorifying violence, but to be fair the director show gotham is shit city in that movie anyway. I think that's kinda justified what joker do.

Thomas Wayne and Alfred is shit. They deserve that... Btw, i am so glad nobody says martha in this movie

2. XXXXX

XXXXX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    instead of spending money on public hospitals and healthcare and funding the police imma wear a bat costume and beat up bad guys so they start doing crime in the daytime with potentially hundreds and thousands additional victims since there are more people out and doing shit

bat-dude strikes again... let me remind you that this guy is supposedly some kind of genius.

3. philosopher17

philosopher17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude is a billionaire and instead of spending his money to improve quality of life and automatically reduce crime, dude becomes a vigilante to stroke his own ego and have a messiah complex. Talk about a shitty concept like Batman.

natsume142, BigBadBoi and otaku31 like this.
  4. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I say it looks good, Joker the movie is giving a new image to the joker both personality and literally, who knows perhaps he will better than batman like the Batman: White Knight comic, I think producers are going for something like that :hmm:... maybe :blobunsure:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2019
  5. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The movie is a social commentary that hit nearly everyone and since the producer commented on how he blame "woke" culture , the media and critics went against him and the movie. At first prior to his announcement of his opinion the movie was praised then after that they rate it down. Co-incidence? It hit everyone including media's sacred cows.

To put the movie into a quote it would be “the Child Who is Not Embraced by the Village Will Burn It Down to Feel Its Warmth” – African Proverb

This movie is accused of being an "incel" movie and you stated "White Knight". I find it funny.

Sadly, though there is no plan to connect it to the main universe although since it break the october record they could been convinced to to it since money is a great motivator.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  6. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Came to say the movie was great, left feeling confused by the random posts in this thread.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    imK and kenar like this.
  7. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    So let us talk about the joker, the guy in this film is suffering from a mental illeness that got aggrevated by society, which is not like how the original joker was (fell into a toxic waste, got burns because of batman etc...) although both are driven by somesort of vengeance.
    This joker is in a sense an icon that differs from the initial image of the joker, I mean surely both killers, both can be considered living legends with great ability to plan an instant kill (which is scary) those points are still there but unlike the original joker aka prince of crimes I would call this joker as a psycho vigilante, he can't be associated or classified as the same joker who can affect the mental condition of the target, because the original joker is a true criminal mind which is something that this joker lacks, he can't brainwash people but more like can affect the feelings (move peoples hearts) because he came from the same background as them not to mention seems to get affected by popularity and fame which is also a bit different from how the original joker is, this new version of the joker I can't consider it the same as the prince of crime but something else, in my opinion this is a new concept of the joker that is in a sense revolutionary if anything :hmm:

kenar likes this.
  8. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    A
    Ahh yes. Instead of creating a... What the hell did I want to say?
    I give up

9. Ichigoeater

Ichigoeater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Funny you mention that. You know how it was revealed in the comics that there were three Jokers? And the popular fan theory (created by MatPat from Game Theory) is that there's a clear distinction between each one. The first is the gangster criminal (golden age) who plans ahead and manipulates minds, such as that of Harley Quinn, to do his bidding. The Jack Nicholson, Jared Leto, and Mark Hamill Jokers are this one. The second is the prankster Joker (silver age). He doesn't do much killing, focusing more on heists and shenanigans. Cesar Romero is this type of Joker. Then, there's the genuinely crazy Joker introduced in the modern age. The one who causes chaos just to watch the world burn. That's Heath Ledger and Joaquin Pheonix.

It's just a theory how the three are divided up, but I'm sold.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  10. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes but Joaquin Pheonix's joker doesn't exactly belong with those jokers, he got the name, the crazy laugh, a nice smile and do the killing but the general concept of the joker in that movie is different (even the suit colors), there are many different jokers some were good, some were bad, many of the bad ones were good that went bad at some point (became psychos), but the Joaquin Pheonix's joker gives a different vibe, it is like awhole different joker, one that might become a vigilante or a criminal master mind, he is something different, all the previous joker versions were sick men that went psychos, but this one was a psycho (with a somewhat of a kid mentality, the kind that wanted attention but didn't find it, so made himself the center of attention, in a sense, it is like watching a superhero origin but that hero rather than chosing good, chosed the bad)
    I simply can't associate the 2019 Joker movie with any previous jokers, he is simply different, no matter how I try to think about it, the concept of the joker is messed up in that movie

11. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's true what they say, the film hasn't been screened in China for a reason...

12. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Just saw this trending so might as well speak my opinion.

The Joker movie is a 12/10 in my opinion. It shows the downward spiral that is the decent into becoming the joker.

The story that everyone believes is the true joker story is that he was a criminal that joined the Red Hoods and fell into a vat of chemicals while trying to escape the police.

This movie introduces the idea that the joker was just a somewhat "regular" dude that just happened to have some mental illnesses that in turn kept worsening with the events that were happening in his life. I, myself, like the way this was made and how it escalated into the end product of what we now know as Joaquins joker.

There are many people that only watched the movie because it brought upon the topic of mental health and the digression of a mind that is set upon with disaster after disaster. While others did not appreciate this idea. Ngl, I loved it.

The acting was superb, the setting was extremely nice, the message given off was 10/10.

Now heres something off topic that I wanna get off my chest.

Batman isn't just some dude that beats up villains and does nothing else. Batman is literally described as a industrial billionare and playboy. The dude literallty has hospitals around the world and schools in impoverished neighborhoods in the comics. Its annoying seeing people talk about a character they dont even know.

If I recall correctly, Wayne corp was asked to make weapons at one point and Batman proceeded to announce that they would never make weapons of destruction or some shit. Mans is really out here saying "I dont care about your money, were not gonna kill people."

Then theres the whole "Batmans such a goody too-shoes".....shut your mouth please. Batman is quite literally too bad too be a goody too-shoes, The mans killed people before and I mean like killed killed. He only made the rule of "no killing" after a while into the viglante antics. He's literally killed a guy by knocking him into acid. (no, im not talking about joker)

Hopefully theres more villain movies in the future that arent like suicide squad. And if all goes well with those, I'd like to see a Newer batman cronfronting the Joker we saw in the Joker movie.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  13. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    Just want to comment on two points you made, first "The story that everyone believes is the true joker story is that he was a criminal that joined the Red Hoods and fell into a vat of chemicals while trying to escape the police." it is not the one that everyone believes but it is the most known one or the easiest one to remember about a joker's origin and notice that I used "a" and not "the" and that is because there are different back stories to differents Jokers...
    Second, "Batmans such a goody too-shoes", that is a messed up line made by the changes that were introduced by the recent versions of batman because the original and the true goody two-shoes is Superman and not Batman, Batman is simply a vigilante but with rules and discipline so he wouldn't go too far, but for some reason I see versions and releases portraying him as an emo/edgy/teenager with issues (I am not sure how to describe him here), and I think that is caused because some wrong people made their own ideas about him into reality through different adaptations and I used the term "wrong" because those people really don't know a thing about Batman (or so is the impression I get from seeing such works) aside from being a guy with lots of money and wearing a dark persona just because of a childhood trauma :hmm:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2020
    Mnotia likes this.