Resolved [JPN] please help me with these lines

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by aceclover95, Mar 31, 2019.

1. aceclover95

aceclover95 『Starry Night Translator』『Ruler of Sloth』

Reading List:
    Link
    「良かったですね。こちらとしても、無事、両想いになって下さってホッとしました。それでなくとも普段から無自覚でイチャイチャされて鬱陶しかったんですから。あれで付き合っていない、恋人同士ではないと言われても誰も信じませんよ。あ、婚約者でしたっけ。婚約者。……はあ。外堀なんてとうに埋められているんですから、さっさとくっついてくれってこちらはずっと思っていましたよ

Context: the one who speaks the dialogue above is a butler who always third-wheeling when his master and her fiance flirting. his master finally confessed her love to her fiance, and this is what the butler said.

I kinda knows what he's trying to say, but I can't seem to word it right. So please help me :3 thank you in advance!

2. King0Mik

King0Mik 【An Actual Idiot】

Reading List:
    Link
    "Isn't that great? From now, I'll have quiet and be relieved that you two exchanged your feelings. If not [If you didn't], then I'd be depressed from your usual routine of [you guys usually] unmindfully flirting with each other [flirting with each other without care for others]. During that time, if told that you guys aren't dating and aren't lovers, no one would believe it. Ah, you had a fiancee, didn't you? A fiance. Ha... [Sigh...] You were thinking that since this obstacle has finally been removed, you can now quickly get together [suddenly get intimate (with each other)]."

It seems to be that the butler is sorta scolding the couple?
    Also, the things I put in [] are alternative translations for the part just before it.
    I think the last sentence is the butler claiming that these are his master's true thoughts.

Not sure if I put the best wordings, but hopefully, this will be a good starting point for you.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    aceclover95 likes this.
  3. elberthomax

elberthomax Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    aren't you glad, I myself are relieved that your love become mutual without problem. because if not your daily unconscious flirting is very irritating. even if i tell someone that you're not going out, not a pair of lover no one would believe me.ah, fiance right... fiance... *sigh* the outer moat is already buried, so i always thought just get it on already...

aceclover95 likes this.
  4. aceclover95

aceclover95 『Starry Night Translator』『Ruler of Sloth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much!