Just a passing thought

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by --MON--, May 26, 2020.

1. --MON--

--MON-- «Observer» «Death» «Lazy Reader»

Reading List:
    Link
    it would be great if jp ln and wn doesn't put romance, harem and comedy genre on stories with revenge, ruthless protagonist and cruel protagonist tags.

also if they stopped putting retorts, yatttta, ya know, you know? in every sentence even if it would work without it, yoshaaa, yosh, hyaaaaaa, onee chan, onni chan, nii, nii chan, okaa san, tou san, naaaani, stutterings, san, kun, chan, sama, being flustered when it isn't a part of the characters personality, haiiii and making the characters' actions out of character just to satisfy the harem, romance and comedy genre.

this things destroys the feelings that the true plot gives, also due to translators leaving things like san, sama, chan, tousan, kaasan in the translated work when it can be translated.

in cn novels some of them follows the jp ln wn arrangements which made it bad to read, atleast for me. cn novels also frequently uses content from other authors or creators which lowers the originality of the story and destroys the plot when tge story can do without such references specially the overpopular things or stories such as marvel, dc, harry potter, iphone, one peace, naruto, gundam, etc.

if they can make a story with thousands of chapters why can't they make their own brand? let's say invent a name of a manufacturer or invent a character from a movie that only exist in your own novel which would create a good opportunity to have something to write to like a oneshot story or a book about that original character.

writing is hard and coming up with ideas and names is even harder, but being original is the hardest things to do if you don't have the talent and imagination.

in the history many original novels and stories have been remembered because it is the only one existing and it is original and finally because it is fun to read and immerse yourself in.

"a story written from the heart is a story worth reading" -by me

Zeusomega and otaku31 like this.
  2. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

-jp and cn authors about cliches. Maybe put Kr in aswell.

3. --MON--

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah kr is a mix of both jp and cn, it puts balance between the two but still the same

4. Irlin-senpai

Irlin-senpai I ain't got a Clue(-chan)

Reading List:
    Link
    You have a problem with jp honorifics?:mad:
    On a serious note, I once tried to translate without the honorifics but there just weren't enough english equivalents. Too many different honorifics in jp, but I tried to use as little as possible, or I just keep them as is…

5. --MON--

Reading List:
    Link
    kun and chan may not have some but san can be translated to miss or mister and sama can be translated to lord, respected, revered and any respectful titles.

aniue and aneue is for big brother and big sister right? same for the onii chan, niichan, niisan, oniisan, oneesan, neesan and others upto chan. and oniisama and oneesama can be translated to respected brother or sister.

obaasan, okaasan and otousan is hard to translate with the honorifics but can simply be grandmother, mother and father. as for the sama extension it can be respected grandmother and so on.

for non family members it can simply be mr., ms., mrs., lord, respected, revered, etc. for san, sama and the others. it's not really hard you just have to find alternatives that works well anf completely blend in without making it sound and look wierd.

japan may have many honorifics but it can be translated to even if it isn't the real meaning as long as the intention is there. (ex. i will go with kaasan and tousan. can be translated to i will go with mother and father.)

i know that some honorifics can't be translated which is acceptable to stay as is but those that can be translated should probably go, in the filipino language there are po and opo as an honorifics which can't be translated but can do without them just by being polite. whilenin english there are no honorifics at all or any that i have encountered most just use polite words.

i know that japanese are peace lovong people or atleast that's what they show to the world and it shows on thier works as well (ex. even ruthless protagonist and antihero can be cute when with a girl and can be forgiving and spare the enemies which is not ruthless at all. most jp novels i have read contains tropes and honorifics and scenes that are always out of character.)

honorifics are there just to show respect and not more, they are not as important as you might think atleast to some people (have you read jp characters getting flustered by being called by their first name? see? out of character because to them honorifics is important but if you translate an honorifics or remove the some would still make sense and sound polite and respectful and some honorifics can be translated to an equivalent ones when it does not have any translations).

humans found their way to communicate and learn each others language and i believe that we can also find a way to perfectly translate them.

oh i don't hate translators who do not translate it completely like you did in fact i respect them for translating it for free. i admire translators for learning and knowing different languages and use it to entertain others. what i don't like is how a story is written and the way that if follows up a trend that made stories have the same pattern by having a good story progression then suddenly destry it by adding too much ecchi, harem, comedy and romance for fan service and make characters ouy of their own characters just to go with the trend. most japanese novels, mangas and anime cotains being flustered when being called by their first name or when tgey see someone naked, echii scenes, harem tropes and other story destruction causing elements.

famous works from the past doesn't have that but they still bacame famous and even became masterpiece, you don't beed fan service to make a great story, actually it will cause the opposite when not used correctly. what i really mean is that honorifics can stay as is if they can't be translated but they shouldn't or musn't use fan services too much if they can't execute it properly and if it doesn't blend well with the story (ex. have you read a novel with revenge, ruthless protagonist, cruel protagonist that looks like they would be a serious story then sudeenly have a harem, romace, comedy, echii tags/genre? it is awful and an eyesore)

like those masterpieces in the past authors should jutst write without caring about pleasing tge readers and maybe they to will create a masterpiece.