Novel Just Another Isekai

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Arisutea, Jul 31, 2022.

1. Arisutea

Arisutea Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, I'm new to writing and this is my first ever novel written so it might be a bit scuffed. Either way I hope you enjoy and any feedback on how to improve would be much appreciated. Also just recently made a WordPress website to upload my novels to, it's not the best but if anyone's interested, https://isekai133205072.wordpress.com/ is the link.

Synopsis: Hirano Yuudai sits in a hotel room with his two friends gossiping about love and having fun on their school trip in the late hours of the night.
    Hit by a natural disaster he finds himself in a classic isekai setting, or not? Read and decide for yourself if this is too cliché for you? Or not enough?
    Genres: Fantasy, Romance, Adventure

Table of Contents:

The Element Tree

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
  2. Arisutea

Arisutea Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1: Gossip and, going for a dip?
    “So, how’s it going with Hiromi-san?”

“I’m not really too sure how exactly I feel about her yet but we have been closer lately so I guess you could say it’s going well”

“Dude, just fuck already”

“Shut up, Tatsuya”

“Tch” (Tatsuya)

The three of us are seated in a circle inside the hotel room by the seaside. It’s after-dark hours and we are supposed to be asleep but on a school trip like this there’s no way we can just go to sleep and not stay up chatting all night.

“You can tell him to be quiet too you know, Masanori-kun”

“It’s fine, I am being a bit indecisive and slow here so Tatsuya-kun has got a point” (Masanori)

To my right sits Jin Masanori, the popular guy in our class and also most of the school. He’s around average height, like me, and has the usual black hair and eyes that you see in Japan a lot. Not to brag but I’ve known him for a while, since the start of middle school actually, and all I can say about him is that he is just about the perfect guy. Hell, if I was a girl I would’ve fallen for him too. Amazing grades, outstanding in any sport, and incredible looks doesn’t even start to cover his good points.

(People say everyone is born equal but I have the perfect example to prove them wrong right next to me. Damn these Gods)

“Ha! See? You’re the one spitting bullshit!” (Tatsuya)

“I never said you were spitting anything in the first place”

And to my left is Matsumoto Tatsuya, a delinquent in our class that ended up taking a liking to me after I didn’t react to him threatening me for money. He’s more on the taller side for our age and got quite the stocky build. His hair is bleached to a mix of black and blonde because apparently he gave up mid-way through doing it, which I for some reason found hilarious the first time I heard it. However he is an alright guy once I got to know him, despite my previous experiences with him.

(Haah, if this guy didn’t bare his teeth at everything that moved, he’d probably be pretty popular too)

“Hm? I thought that was what you meant. Man, with that face of yours I can’t tell what you mean or what you’re thinking about at all, Yuudai” (Tatsuya)

“Well sorry, I guess” (Yuudai)

And lastly me, Hirano Yuudai, a relatively average guy with some ‘quirks’ I guess you could say. On the inside I am just like anyone else, if anything a bit more emotional, but I can never seem to express it on the outside. But not to a level of just not smiling or laughing very much, but as in my face doesn’t change no matter the circumstance or my feelings. It’s quite the impediment on my life but it can come in handy sometimes. Apart from my abnormal face situation, I am mostly normal in whatever I do whether it’s my grades, entertainment activities like games or physical activities. The only outlier is that I have good power and strength in my body so I’m good at throwing and short distance sprints, but have bad endurance so long distance running or anything over a long period of time is the bane of my existence. I also pride myself in having a slightly above average face, however when next to these two handsome lads it’s pretty much negligible.

“Well it’s not really something you have to apologise for, I was just sayin’ is all” (Tatsuya)

Tatsuya was giving me an apologetic look while rubbing the back of his neck even though he hadn’t really done anything wrong. Really a nice guy.

“Well going back to the conversation from before, what about Tatsuya-kun?” (Masanori)

“What about me?” (Tatsuya)

“Do you have anyone you like at all?” (Masanori)

“Oh. I want to hear this too” (Yuudai)

I cut in to voice my interest in this rare chance, and also to make sure that Tatsuya has no escape route.

“Why’re you two askin’ me of all people that? You should know the answer already by just lookin’ at me” (Tatsuya)

“So that’s a no?” (Masanori)

“Disappointing, Tatsuya” (Yuudai)

Tatsuya, who had turned away in slight embarrassment turned back after hearing my words.

“Well then what about you Yuudai? Huh?” (Tatsuya)

“Yeah, you hardly ever talk about romance stuff do you Yuudai-kun?” (Masanori)

Masanori-kun turned his head towards me, eyes sparkling and burning for a response.

“Me? Well…”

SLAM

The door of the hotel room swung open with a huge noise, our well known teacher standing there.

“Are you lot up?”

“““Yes Yamane-Sensei”””

We all stand up quickly in a line facing Yamane-Sensei in the doorway. He is a large beefy man in his late forties, kind but very strict when the time calls for it.

“Follow me, quickly. There’s been an alarm and report saying a tsunami is approaching in approximately one hour.” (Yamane-Sensei)

“What?” (Tatsuya)

“Grab your stuff quickly and meet in the car park. The other teachers are going around the other floors collecting the students from the other classes and years so be fast” (Yamane-Sensei)

Yamane-Sensei turns around and leaves. I immediately gather my things and help the other two do the same.

“A bit sudden don’tcha think? Wouldn’t they usually know a bit earlier than an hour before?” (Tatsuya)

“It is weird” (Masanori)

(Tatsuya makes a good point. It is strange that the tsunami hadn’t been noticed more than an hour before it is about to hit. However we don’t have any time to be theorising on what could’ve happened, we have to get out of here as soon as possible)

We exit our room and run down the corridor passing by rooms with other students panicking and speedily packing up their things. There is also a few other groups of three students, similar to us, that have finished packing and are running in front of us with their bags.

“Take the stairs to the left in an orderly fashion so that nobody gets hurt”

Another teacher standing at the end of the corridor directs the students to the stairs and we enter the stream of people flowing to the bottom.

Once outside, we start walking to the coach that we rode on the way here and Yamane-Sensei is already there taking a register of who has arrived.

“Good thing we made it huh?” (Tatsuya)

“Don’t say that dude, it’s a death flag, we’re not even there yet” (Yuudai)

“What? You say the dumbest things sometimes. That makes no sense, right Masanori?” (Tatsuya)

“Sorry Tatsuya-kun but I have to agree with Yuudai-kun on this one” (Masanori)

“Eh? Why?” (Tatsuya)

As we were having our leisurely victory chat a loud voice echoes around the car park.

“Get all the students out of the building and in the vehicles, it’s earlier than expected!”

The screams of panic around and students clambering onto the coaches are deafening. But of course, I am completely calm. Or at least that’s what it looks like. Even though my face looks completely tranquil and normal, I’m panicking on the inside. I run just behind the other two about to get on the van…

SMASH

I stupidly stop and turn around and witness a wave hit the building we were just in. The force is immense, smashing the entire top part of the hotel where our room is, or was, causing it to slide and come crashing down, being followed by the rest of the building. I simply stare up at it. As it feels like time slows , it creeps towards me while I am unable to move, like death itself is encompassing me and holding me down.

“Yuudai!” (Tatsuya)

“Yuudai-kun!” (Masanori)

They are still worried about me, but with the size of this they are most likely coming with me. As will be the rest of the students and teachers indiscriminately. There’s no escaping this.

With the rubble only a few feet above me and getting closer, a female voice resonated in my head.

“Go”

And so I did.

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter, I'm going for the Japanese light/web novel kind of vibe so if I could do anything to make it more loyal to that feel then please tell me. Thanks for reading.

3. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Go Scribblehub and make an account?

4. Arisutea

Arisutea Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Done, but what does that help with?

5. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Create a story?

Like, create more than just one chapter.

Have at least ten in hand. Release day by day.

6. Arisutea

Arisutea Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry dude was just seeing if anyone was interested in reading otherwise I won't bother uploading. Thanks for the help though I'll get to writing.

7. Arisutea

Arisutea Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 2: What in tarnation? Oh, isekai reincarnation.

My consciousness slowly returns to me, my body feeling stiff as if it had been still for years. Eyelids feeling heavy, I wonder.

(Was that just a dream? A pretty realistic one then, was that one people would call lucid? No. Something is obviously wrong here, I don’t have the ability to sleep while standing after all)

Brightness returns to the world as my eyelids lighten and before me is quite the abnormal sight. A blinding white space. Everywhere is white and there is no sense of how far away the walls and ceiling actually are. It feels like I could walk for miles and never reach them.

(Well at least I’m not alone in this strange place)

All around me are other students from my school, some panicking as to where they are and others still asleep while standing like I was.

(I can’t see Tatsuya or Masanori-kun anywhere, not even any teachers)

I am in the third year and of average height for my age so I can see over most of the other younger students’ heads, but because it was the whole school that went on the trip, there are a lot of people and it’s hard to spot just one or two individuals.

(What exactly is happening here though? We were just at the hotel with it being destroyed so why are we in this place all of a sudden? Maybe…)

I start racking my brain, trying to figure out what is going on until a voice echoes out through the crowd.

“People of Earth”

I am at the back of the crowd so I cannot see too well but it seems like a woman is floating at the front and speaking out to us.

“I am Lumina, Goddess of the Sun. You all are probably wondering where you are, are you not?”

I can only slightly make out her face. Young features but with the feeling of maturity she is giving off she seems to be in her mid-twenties. She has bright blonde hair platted to one side and a singular golden accessory in it. Her clothes were also befitting a self-proclaimed ‘Goddess’ since they are a mix of a toga-like top and a long dress. Well, no matter her appearance, the only responses this so-called ‘Goddess’ got were:

“We’ve been kidnapped! By a crazy cultist!”

“She’s floating! Aliens!”

“It’s probably fine, she’s cute after all”

A range of reactions from paranoid students and crazy theorists to just plain lazy playboys.

“There is no need to panic, I mean you no harm. In fact I am here to help you. Don’t worry, you are all safe” (Lumina)

And she responded with a calm demeaner, befitting a so-called ‘Goddess’. With her last words, my shoulders relaxed along with the people around’s as well. Her words had a calming effect on the entirety of the population in this white space.

“Make a line in an orderly fashion with this table as the front so we can get started in moving you all along towards your journey” (Lumina)

Everyone starts forming one long line as told, and I move alongside them.

(What is this feeling? It’s as if some force is pushing me towards the line. Like the order is so absolute that my body will follow it even if my will denies it. Guess that’s a Goddess for you huh)

I have already accepted the fact that she is a real Goddess. Truthfully, with these circumstances it’s hard to deny.

I move closer to the line but it is already mostly formed, so I end up…

(At the back. Haah)

I stand at the back of the line and peek around the others to see in the distance a man with a large pile of papers to his right and a fortune-teller style crystal ball to his left.

(All of these signs, they are all pointing towards that situation)

Yes, I had somehow ended up in an isekai reincarnation plot.

(It’s so exciting, but with this many people the chance of being the classic ‘isekai protagonist’ is very slim)

My school is relatively well known for not being very large and having very few students. It isn’t a particularly elite school or hard to get into, it just has a small building and therefore not much space for students. There are only three classes in each year and only about 15 students in each class, meaning about 45 in each year and 135 in the school altogether.

(With the teachers here as well and me being at the back of the line, this could take a while with having to wait for them to go through 150-odd people doing whatever thing they are doing)

And so I start to wait until my turn.

(Haah, if only I had to keep me company, like a game or something to watch)

After around 2 hours of waiting and thinking, there are only two left until me. I can hear what the man is saying but it still doesn’t make much sense to me.

“Hm, an intermediate resonance with Summoning and Umbral, send her to Luna-sama” (Man)

“Yes, sir”

A girl around the same age as me appears out of thin air and takes the girl who was at the table’s hand.

POOF

And they both disappeared.

(Woah! It’s really magic! Do I get to do that too?)

As my excitement is building up the man at the table calls.

“Next!” (Man)

The person in front of me walks to the table.

“Put your hand on the ball please.” (Man)

The boy in front of me puts his palm on the crystal ball and it glows bright green.

“Hmm. Advanced resonance with Wood, take him to Silvia-sama”

“Yes, sir”

Another girl who looked very similar to the previous one appeared and took the boy in front of me.

“Ok, last one” (Man)

I stepped up to the table, heart beating. Thinking only of the adventure that I am about to begin.

“Place your hand on the ball please” (Man)

I do as I’m told and put my hand on the crystal ball on the table.

It glows slightly but the colour doesn’t change from white.

“Hm, a large mana pool. However no resonances to speak of” (Man)

The man furrows his brow while looking at a piece of paper.

“Only one skill? And an unusual one at that. It seems to be an appraisal type but I’m not too sure how it is different from the normal. Haah. I guess I have to send him to her then” (Man)

“Really sir? Her?”

Another one of the girls transporting people had arrived and had a concerned look on her face after hearing the man’s words.

“She doesn’t come out of her room and hasn’t had a visitor in centuries, are you sure it’s alright to send a mortal as the first in so much time?” (Girl)

“There’s no choice, we can’t bother Lumina-sama with something as small as this, and the other Goddesses are busy with all the visitors being sent to give gifts to. In this case, we have to send him to the Goddess equivalent of the only element he has” (Man)

It seems like the two of them were arguing about something, but I’m not really paying attention. My heart was just shattered and my dreams of having a fun isekai adventure were put to rest.

(No magic? No cheat skills? Not even normal ones? Just an analysis skill? What will happen to me if I have to fight monsters? Just call out their skills and hope they leave?)

“Very well, then I will drop him off outside” (Girl)

The two of them stop talking and the girl grabs my hand. I get startled for a second and then have a feeling like floating, as if my weight had been reduced to nothing. My sight goes blurry for a second and then returns.

“Please open the door and go inside, there will be someone to direct you as to what to do next. Do not worry they aren’t anyone dangerous that will cause you harm, at least not physically. If you need any medicine for migraines then just give me a call” (Girl)

(I don’t like the sound of that last bit)

I turn to face her to ask a question, but once I do she is nowhere to be seen.

I turn back to the door, it looks like any normal door you could find, brown wood with a metal handle. I reach my hand out, twist the handle, and pull. It doesn’t budge. I pull harder with all my weight behind it. It doesn’t budge.

(After coming all the way here, it’s locked!)

My frustration is building from just a simple door.

“It’s a push not a pull, idiot”

A voice from inside the door spoke out in an annoyed tone. I tried pushing the door and it swings open much easier when compared to before.

Standing just around a metre away from the doorframe is a girl who looked to be in her early twenties, dressed in a white t-shirt and denim shorts. Her loose hair a shining silver draped down to nearly her knees, eyes red as rubies staring me down. Any sane human would say that she is the most beautiful creature in existence even if they were held at gunpoint and told to say otherwise.

After a moment of silence, this incredible girl staring at me introduces herself.

“I am Nashia, Goddess of the Null attribute. So, who are you boy?” (Nashia)

8. Arisutea

Arisutea Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    3: The Goddess’ gift, and a Carpet Rift

“I am Nashia, Goddess of the Null attribute. So, who are you boy?” (Nashia)

I look down at her to meet her eyes since she is slightly shorter than me.

“I’m Hirano Yuudai, nice to meet you” (Yuudai)

“And why exactly are you here at my quarters? I presume not just to attempt to tear my door off its hinges” (Nashia)

Awkwardly I avert my gaze from hers and instead my eyes dart around the room behind her, curious to see what a Goddess’ room might be like.

(It’s just a living room)

It is as ordinary as could be. A sofa with, in front of it, a small wooden coffee table with a glass tabletop and a large TV on a stand behind that. No pictures on the wall, however there are windows with some simple white curtains hiding the outside.

(I wonder what the view is even like in a place like this. I mean, this is heaven right? Or somewhere that Gods live so is there even an outside?)

Returning back to my senses, I answer the Goddess.

“No, sorry. I was brought here” (Yuudai)

“By whom?” (Nashia)

“A young man and girl teleported me here” (Yuudai)

“Hm? Oh, I see. It’s that time already” (Nashia)

The Goddess-sama seems to have already understood the circumstances and turns around.

“Come in and take a seat. We need to have a little chat” (Nashia)

I follow her order and sit on the sofa. The engulfing softness is out of this world, as expected of a godly sofa used by deities.

“So, what exactly did those two say? I doubt anyone would bring you here without reason. Especially the angels, they never do anything unless their told to by one of their higher ups” (Nashia)

The Goddess sat the other side of the sofa and got straight to the point.

(Oh, so those two were angels huh. Maybe I should have been more polite to them, well if I ever see them again then I should at least apologise)

While thinking about the two from before, I respond.

“Um, they said something about me having a large mana pool but no resonances. Also they said I have only one skill and it’s an appraisal type one” (Yuudai)

(Whatever that means)

The Goddess furrows her brow.

“So that’s why they brought you to me. Because the only element you have is mine and they most likely didn’t want to trouble any of the other busy goddesses with such a trivial matter. They could’ve gone to Senko-chan or Mei since they won’t be doing any reincarnations, but I guess Mei is extremely busy as always and no-one can reach Senko-chan right now so that’s out of the picture. Hm, well I wouldn’t usually do this but since you’re the first visitor I’ve had in a while and I’ve been running out of sources of entertainment recently, I’ll help you out” (Nashia)

She smirked at me and held her palm out facing upwards.

It glowed bright white and a singular shining orb appears. She pushes it towards me and it floats over. I hold my hands out to receive it but it fades straight through my hands and into my chest.

“I have given you a skill, I’m not sure what since it is random for each person and there are hundreds of ones even I haven’t discovered yet, but whether it is strong or not depends on you and how you use it” (Nashia)

“Thank you, I shall use it well” (Yuudai)

I bow my head slightly and gratefully thank her. She smiles at me and carries on.

“I do not have a country like a lot of the other Goddesses so I shall drop you off near the most free and passive one, the Wind Kingdom, Libertia. I guess I should also make you look the part as my only transport” (Nashia)

She waves her hand around in a circle over my face and inspects me afterwards.

“Yes, that will do very well.” (Nashia)

The Goddess, looking very proud of herself nods and smiles to herself.

“It’s more entertaining to watch someone better looking rather than the average human face. Well, now all there is to do is have you set foot on the ground” (Nashia)

She stands up next to the coffee table and holds her hand out. Another light envelops the room and the table contorts and dips into the floor, spreads out, and becomes a circular portal with a swirling void inside.

I stare in awe at the miracle and look at the Goddess performing it before me. She looks at me and beckons me to the portal, I stand up in front of it and she looks satisfied like she just finished a good days work.

“My job here is done then” (Nashia)

The Goddess turns around to walk off but as she takes a step, the carpet slips under her, moving the portal closer and causing her to fall backwards, straight into it.

“Ah” (Nashia)

“Ah” (Yuudai)

I reach out to grab her and catch her hand, however I instantly have the feeling like I am getting assaulted by a million headaches at once and let go automatically.

“Aaaaaaaahhhh!”

The Goddess plummets straight into the portal, screaming all the way.

I move away from the hole and sit back on the sofa, not knowing what to do.

(The Goddess fell in the hole. Well she is a Goddess so she should be able to come back soon. I am supposed to go in there too but just in case she doesn’t come back, I’ll stay here and report this to one of those angels. I’m sure they would like to know what has happened when one of their leaders has gone missing. Yeah, I’m definitely not just worried about going into that thing)

I decide to wait and so I sit back on the sofa and do just that.

Five minutes later and nothing has changed.

(She isn’t coming back. I should go and try to get someone)

I stand up and start walking to the door but get stuck after taking only one step.

Putting all my weight and strength into walking makes no difference, I can’t move forwards. In fact I am ever so slowly moving backwards, towards the hole.

(Oh shit. Is it dragging me in?)

As if answering my question the pull suddenly got stronger and I trip very close to the hole, almost falling in.

(Well I guess if I’m going in anyway)

I accept my fate and nosedive straight into the hole, subsequentially getting covered in a bright light.

As I plummet at an insane speed, a dark silhouette falling, just like me, appears. At first I thought that it is the Goddess, but with the outline of her clothes being a large dress which is nothing like the shorts and t-shirt of Nashia, I perish the thought immediately. This silhouette holds her arm up and a bright yellow orb appears in what looks like her palm. It floats towards me and just like Nashia’s one, goes into my chest.

The silhouette disappears as easily and quickly as it appeared and without time to question who is was, the light faded to darkness.