Discussion Just caught up with Reverend Insanity

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by erocommander, Dec 11, 2018.

1. O_Yudie

O_Yudie New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you'll understand why Fang Yuan lives his life that way after this quote.

“I had once screamed, gradually, I lost my voice.

I had once cried, gradually, I lost my tears.

I had once grieved, gradually, I became able to withstand everything.

I had once rejoiced, gradually, I became unmoved by the world.

And now!

All I have left is an expressionless face, my gaze is as tough as a monolith, only perseverance remains in my heart.

This is my own, an insignificant character, Fang Yuan's — Perseverance!”

2. cultivation geek

cultivation geek New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bro, just look at the ending of coiling dragon:sick:.like the author didn't even put in effort and a lot of things were not explained in that novel

3. aml.1908

aml.1908 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is what I think makes him such a good protagonist.
    Because he only commits evil for the purpose of furthering his goals it makes you understand and root for him.
    The fact that FY is not only cruel to other people, but also so cruel to himself, makes him a genuinely compelling character.
    He also gets tempted very easily, witch can get him in to these crazy situations, because he never rests and never lets go of any advantage he can possibly get.
    This may not be the best example of this, but when he makes the Teleportation Gu and teleports to the top of the mountain to get the space for himself, when he could have easily just teleported somewhere safe and trained for a while.
    FY just couldn't let go of this opportunity. He will fight so hard for what he wants and cling to anything that can further his goals even if this gets him into a worse situation than before.

This also makes it feel as if your entire worldview is falling apart, when he finds out that he has been controlled by "the heavens" this entire time.
    Because he fights for himself so hard, it makes it seem impossible to be controlled or for him to work for someone else.

He is just so active as a Protagonist.
    He makes the Plot happen, the Plot doesn't happen to him, you know?

I know this is weird to say, but i genuinely admire him for fighting for his own goals and dreams and never giving up, even if the entire world (literally) is against him.

If this is not living your life to the fullest, then i don't know what is.

4. CaptainHomelander

CaptainHomelander Member

Reading List:
    Link
    good choice for a novel, i am also bored and currently trying to search more like this