JUST FOR FUN: I just realized that my original creation is a translated web novel (detail follow)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Yukkuri Oniisan, May 11, 2016.

1. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    dream on~

2. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah... I need to retype it... since OCR is evil.... they failed to differentiate my a and u

3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    :ROFLMAO:

4. nikomaru

nikomaru 「Will of the Newtype」「NullPointerException」

Reading List:
    Link
    would be great if the raw writen with this font [​IMG]

Vrethalya likes this.
  5. Echoes

Echoes 【Wandering Monk】

Reading List:
    Link
    Good idea.
    Sansakerta is epic.

6. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    that's kawi :ROFLMAO: despite it rooted back to sanskrit

7. Yukkuri Oniisan

Reading List:
    Link
    ꦏꦸꦭꦺꦴ ꦧꦺꦴꦠꦺꦤ꧀ ꦱꦒꦺꦢ꧀ ꦗꦮꦶ

ꦱꦪ ꦠꦶꦢꦏ꧀ ꦧꦶꦱ ꦧꦲꦱ ꦗꦮ꧉ ꧉ ꧉
    ꦆ ꦕꦤ꧀'ꦠ꧀ ꦱ꧀ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦗꦮ꦳ꦤꦺꦱꦺ꧉ ꧉ ꧉

As a side note. Maybe I will use Javanese Script to render the native's language to the player's ear.
    While using mishmash Cyrilic, Armenia, and Georgian alphabet to render player's language in the native's ear...

8. Yukkuri Oniisan

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I will edit Chapter 2 Part 7 and render the native speaker in Javanese Script

9. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    hee use google translate then :ROFLMAO: nah IDK bout javanesse font

10. Rafu the Shield Slayer

Rafu the Shield Slayer (;^_^)ッ☆( ゜o゜)

Reading List:
    Link
    Yukkuri-sama~ Don't push yourself, but please translate more of: A Realist Kingdom Reform Chronicle

Teehee~ Just joking~

11. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    It's funny, because so are mine! Granted, I'm Malaysian (Hi neighbour!) but some of my English stories did start as Malay stories. I demand my fictions be listed.

On a more serious note, Yukkuri onii-sama, wanna make our own nusantara qidian or syosetu together? I already planned on doing this myself, but I don't have the budget or the time until late this year or early next year.

12. Yukkuri Oniisan

Reading List:
    Link
    As per @Shio said, we need to post the raw first :p
    I agree... but what I dread for is the lack of writers... Granted, I know a lot of KPOP fanfictioners... and even some amateur fantasy writer... But they mainly prowling in forum... so...

13. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    No fanfiction, please. Trying to program the website so that it will exclude fanfiction from getting into the top serials will be a total pain in the butt, considering that fanfiction writers will neglect to tag it as fanfiction and exclusion will have to be done manually.

Also, I will definitely put my foot down on any xianxia. You have one xianxia somewhere and within a year the whole site will be filled with xianxia until people finally realize that it's actually a stupid genre when written by amateurs. But by then all the real readers and authors who can make a difference already left for another site. Wuxia is fine, though.

My idea is not a non-profit story archive like RRL and storiesonline. It involves active profit-taking, though people can still read and write without limit. Only difference is, both the site owner and the top authors make money. I agree though, that getting enough authors to jumpstart the site will be the biggest hurdle of all, especially when I vetoed xianxia and fanfiction.

14. Yukkuri Oniisan

Reading List:
    Link
    This is what I really concerned...
    Most writers that I personally met and known is mainly fanfiction writers (just like my imouto). The few fantasy writer that I know were mostly keep the story to themselves (they belong to finish the book before showing type of guy). Although I realized not every Indonesian, or Malaysian writer would be like this, I'm still concerned about the number and how to attract reader...
    Since most of the normal (rarely watch anime or read manga guy) people that I know, mainly access internet using their phone, then the Novel Site, must be able launched or browsed using an App (people here is too lazy to use internet browser), like Bakareader. And if it possible, can also be written using the app and not only by uploading Doc or writing in the browser.
    Also, I don't really mind the profit part. But the hardest part is how to attract writer and reader...

15. Vrethalya

Vrethalya Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    wellp, just post it, people might get interested in it, who knows?
    "A journey of a thousand li starts beneath one's feet"
    some friend i know who wrote fan fict and original novels (except for the ero one...) rarely post their work online, since "not that much people do so, and it's quite embarasing" (quoting what they said)
    and those who really do so rarely got that much attention (wellp, some twitter novel writer got famous though)
    because most local teenager dont have that much enthusiasm toward local indie writer (wellp, so do i, but im an adult, so im off the grid...), and it's not well known
    but since we have NUF here, and i believe there are many asian (other than chinese and japanese) member, or lurker here, it might help~
    go shake the world @Yukkuri Oniisan and @Ai chan
    *cue to epic pokemon opening theme