Just hear me out...Isekai Cheat Magicians.

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by userunfriendly, Aug 28, 2019.

1. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    ....kinda the reason I only go to youtube to watch the edited fight scenes of SAO, IBO, anything with battles. So that I can skip the cringefest, the politics, love hexagon/pentagram and other things I find remotely boring.

When Shield Bro was out I was in massive doubts, but at least they decided to do a proper intro of SB's descendance to hatred.

From outside source, Arifureta seem to go straight to OP town and not Hajime suffering (Masochist moment), sex sells, but there is a limit really...

2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

3. tornberry

tornberry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same here, I also enjoyed isekai cheat magician although it is a bit cringy. Or rather that is the series I looked forward the most each week for this season, along with dumbbell.

I also enjoy maou-sama retry just because his voice sounds so unique and the series is quite funny as well. Haven't started on danmachi but I do plan to watch it, I hope it wont disappoint me :D. No comment on arifureta since most of us here have probably finished the webnovel already

4. lighterxx

lighterxx Hoshi stan before a human °^°)

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont touch light novels simply because i dont want SNAFU to be replaced as last and best light novel anime :blobmelt:

....and anything with possible harem nature makes me want to kill myself

5. Kaminomikan

Kaminomikan 神のみ感

Reading List:
    Link
    not all isekai manga/novel are good to animate... is like they are trying to kill the industry...

firefox1234 likes this.
  6. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't watch/read any of them, except Maou Retry & ICM manga which is quite decent for my taste (yeah, there are some cringy moments in Maou though)
    Been trying "reverse isekai" of Cop Craft. It's quite good IMHO, if you could pass the horror stuffs
    My pick for favorite this season is Enen Shouboutai
    And same as you, waiting for Youjo's movie + hoping/looking forward for Bookworm in next season

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  7. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Danmachi is very good. I have no idea what ICM is. I saw users on reddit writing the studio rushed Index III because they really wanted to get to NT. I hope they were right because NT is incredible xD

8. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah... The emotions are all over the place.

One sec it's "Oh no, it's over"
    Next sec it's "We can keep going!" ... with more energy than when the whole battle even started...
    Third sec it's "Oh no, I can't keep going"
    Fourth it's "If only Taichi was here *sob sob*" ...
    Fifth it's "Taichi!" with even more energy than ever.

9. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, yep...

Luckily I’ve downloaded the light novel. :D

:ROFLMAO: Despite the fact I’m watching ICM for glimpses of elf pantsu?:ROFLMAO:

Cringy in a charming OP way...:ROFLMAO:

SNAFU? Of course Arifureta is all about the harem...:ROFLMAO:

Actually I’m looking forward to Make My Abilities Average...it was basically designed for anime.:D

Bookworm for da win! Average for da jokes! Tensei Slime season 2!:)

Isekai Chest Magicians. Oopse, I meant Cheat...though both works.:D

I know...all powerful plot armor.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  10. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    ICM has OK production, but the plot is pretty bad and seem to getting worse.

And for some weird reason I really can't get Taichi's conversation with the assassin girl out of my head.

Taichi: When I handed you over to the guild, I thought you'd be able to live a normal life

Reality outside of 3rd rate isekai: The guild would torture her for information till near death, then hand her over to some noble/merchant who she probably killed their family members in exchange for favors where she would die a painful and excruciating death.

But in a 3rd rate isekai: The guild master is a kindergarden teacher who puts her in an unguarded corner to think about all the naughty things she's done. Then with a half assed promise to work for them, she is let go in days without any supervision.

Spoiler: The Elf girl sucks (Figuratively), her performance is WAY below of what it should be considering her rank.

11. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    But her bust size makes up for it. That’s the idiotic logic in Isekai.:rolleyes:

The idiocy helps me with enjoyment...:eek::oops::ROFLMAO:

12. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Her bust is definitely magical as she can take a dragon breath and somehow come out with only a stab wound.

userunfriendly likes this.
  13. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    As the target audience are Japanese high school boys...:ROFLMAO:

14. Regalia1896

Regalia1896 Lady Sagittarius of the Moonlight Procrastinators

Reading List:
    Link
    TBH, I'll probably stop watching From Commonplace to world's Strongest after they meet up with either the legal loli teacher or the passive healer classmate. I read the novel (I somewhat enjoyed it) but i felt like the harem bit was forced. He's this angsty magician with (almost) supreme power and he cannot get a rabbit girl, a widow, a masochistic dragon and a herbivore healer to leave him TF alone?! I just needed him to be consistent in his attitude. His other antics are funny tho

15. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    He’s not a magician...he’s a mechanic.:ROFLMAO:

But the only reason I’m still watching this horrible anime TRY to stomp on my fav LN, is for Hajime hosing down thousands of monsters with Gatling cannon.:eek::confused::p

16. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm watching it and I'm leaning towards this being the worst isekai this season. Everything about this show just irks me and I think it's because the show only tells the audience how to feel. Everything is forced in the plot and the circumstances behind the plot are even worse.

17. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, the plot does suck...but then does most of the season.

I even liked Magi’s Grandson...I just watch it for the action.:p

18. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Magi's grandson had a little humor and some likeable side characters.

Cheat Magician has a MC who fills what each episode needs so if an episode requires flirting he'll do it even though the previous episode established his character as someone who'd be embarrassed flirting with someone. As for the supporting cast you have an assassin who forgets she was an assassin. An elf girl who forgets she's supposed to be someone strong. A childhood friend who folds under pressure like a lawn chair. Random harem girls who show up out of nowhere in a goblins den.

At least Grandson tried to not force the connections between characters too much.

userunfriendly likes this.
  19. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wish the main guy would have a nude make-out session with the lead girl. Just avoid an SJW nagging Flat-Earth mother-in-law who lives in a van down by the river with Seymour, a Chris Walken-sounding and silent film-watching vegan cannibal zombie moose.