Recommendations Just Looking to see if anyone got any good recommendations

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Ne0nReaper, Aug 22, 2021.

1. Ne0nReaper

Ne0nReaper Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was just looking to see if anyone got any good recommendations on any mecha/military novels or any mecha novels. Also any novels with like blacksmithing or engineering would also be welcomed. All recommendations are welcomed even if they are not really close to the genres i asked for.

2. Qiun

Qiun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Knights&Magic might work

Havisu likes this.
  3. AbrarMalik

AbrarMalik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Legendary Mechanic. It’s more of a power fantasy but has small details about Physics, Chemistry and Machinery. There’s also Army building but skimmed over.

Actual Militaristic Characteristics is probably Goblin Workshop

4. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    For mecha-military, i support this suggestion.

Had been reading KnM for way back before, it was pure bliss for mecha lover, especially those with tiny details. Because in KnM world, those tiny details can change the result of wars, so it's really important.

As for pure military, I would suggest "Gate – Jietai Kare no Chi nite, Kaku Tatakeri".

You might think Gate is just another isekai novel, but its not typical isekai novel at all.. this novel show us readers how big powerful country in our world use their politics, news and media, and many other things, to move people in doing works for them, either directly or indirectly. It actually so logical and scary how true the author depicted each big power will try to take advantage of each other for their own benefits. The only reason Japan is depicted as "good guy" in the story is because the Gate is in Japan itself. If the Gate is in another country, I bet Japan would also play it dirty like those other countries tried to do. So its logical.

Some people might say things like "this novel is just trying to show off how great japan military is", but just ignore those people because they don't know what they're talking about. In Gate, Japan almost never actually shows it's military prowess, but just the basic of modern military prowess, that most countries in the world are already capable of.

5. Noahswift1

Noahswift1 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tale of an Edible Girl . not the genres but a good short novel. (5 chapters)
    The Girl Who Ate a Death God . was a good military novel.
    The Emperor of Steel . kind of a mecha?

6. MMWO

MMWO *pout*

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Windsley

Windsley Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    how about Transdimensional Marketing

8. RockeyDise1

RockeyDise1 New Member