Movie Justice League

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by sal880612m, Nov 19, 2017.

1. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    Just got back from watching it, and found it to be something of a letdown, especially since I just watched Thor: Ragnarok last weekend.

The story was nothing new or interesting. In that regard Earth Two from the Nu52 was more exciting.
    The visuals were good.
    The characters felt weak, but had the potential to be more. Looking most specifically at Aquaman and Cyborg. Flash was actually pretty good, but material-wise it's retreads of the Arrow-verse.

Ultimately I feel like DC jumped the gun, and really should have dug deep and taken the hit on putting out a cyborg or green lantern (despite their previous failure) (or even Martian Manhunter) solo first to help build up the world. Gathering the heroes would have been a more natural extension of their abilities/associations than some file batman stumbled across.

It's pretty bad when the things the movie did best was excite me for things that weren't actually in the movie. Green Lantern, more Cyborg, more Aquaman.

2. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean...it's DC, what did u expect?

3. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When in line for Thor: Ragnarok, I told a friend who was gonna go watch Justice League that is was a waste of money. I on the other hand, knew the value of my money :D

4. AHKoT

AHKoT [FA sect] [2nibyou] [ReverseEpi] [Htrap]

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't watched it yet but is it that bad?

5. kooly

kooly Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not that terrible. I mean the CGI was decent, action scenes were actually pretty well done and I enjoyed them. Nothing too in-depth that'll move you, but it's enjoyable.

6. AHKoT

Reading List:
    Link
    Is that so? Well not much of a surprise then since that's also my impression of all the previous DC movies anyway. I mean the only thing they have done right by far is the action scenes.

7. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    I enjoyed both Thor and Justice League. Im not a critic, Im a comic book fan.

If you have Thor on the back of your mind while watching JL, dont. Comparing Comedy vs Serious doesnt work.

Flash having the same story background as tv show flash......it is Barry Allen. Whats wrong with that? Different Universe.

For Martian Manhunter, they probably went with New 52 lineup.

8. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't suppose you live in Florida do you? It would be cool if we had went to the same theaters, although I doubt it. I am in the same situation and complete agreement with you. Saw it only a couple of minutes ago and thor a couple of days ago. Not the worst movie, but definitely lacking.

9. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    It wasn't terrible, and I definitely liked it better than Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman, but it lacked any real oomph. While Thor was a fun movie going experience, Justice League is a forgettable one.

In terms of plot it's almost like the pulled they story from Nu52's first issue of Earth Two, changed the one thing that made it interesting (the trinities deaths) and threw in Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman.

It was an incredibly lazy plot.

if you think people aren't going to compare Thor and Justice League you're out of mind, bat-shit crazy. It's going to happen. If you think people shouldn't compare comedy vs serious I guess I can generally give you that but the fact that they are both comic movies kind of nullifies that.

Flash being Flash isn't really a huge problem. Ezra Miller does fine, the problem is he doesn't do anything new. It makes his portions of the film seem tired and overdone much like Uncle Ben's death. For a big blockbuster I expect better, and quite frankly I think we deserve better.

There is nothing wrong with the Nu52 lineup. I don't even have an issues with any of the actors or characters, it's just that none of them amazed me or surprised me either.

10. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    No, wrong timezone, unfortunately.

11. AHKoT

Reading List:
    Link
    No one amazed you? Not even Gal Gadot? :D? I mean when I watched WW with my mom the only thing she can remember about the movie after 2 months is: that film with an incredibly beautiful actress xD

12. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, and I felt the same way ... when I watched Wonder Woman. In Justice League she fell far short of that. More because of how the story used her than any particular weakness on Gadot's part. It was the same for most of the other characters and cast as well. It was a mash-up of a forgettable villain, a forgettable cast of characters, and a forgettable story-line, the whole movie felt like a set up for solo movies. So while I don't particularly like MoS and BvS on the whole I would give them a better rating than Justice League, because at least I disliked them enough to remember them.

13. AHKoT

Reading List:
    Link
    So basically DC successes in choosing the cast but fail at the storyline then?

14. lucaman

lucaman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    totally medicore and dissapointing im looking forward Yoing Justice Season 3 Next Year Aquaman movie?he was most boring alongside with cyborg i would later watch aqualad instead.

you cannot save the world alone more like only i can save world alone.

15. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    There are still some casting issues. I don't dislike Jason Momoa but I'm not sure he was the best choice for Aquaman. Not that I could name a better one, just that his performance felt a notch below the rest. Maybe because it felt so similar to the character he played on SGA that it just didn't scream Aquaman. Perhaps with more time he'll be fine, and it isn't a terrible interpretation, it just felt so much like they were trying to make Aquaman cool that it backfired. I think one of the reasons that Marvel succeeded while DC keeps failing is because it let it's lesser known characters have their solos before the team up. Think of it this way Suicide Squad is/was a fairly divisive film, now imagine if instead of just having those villains get together you had a series of solo films where the heroes beat said characters first, then you got suicide squad and justice league. There wouldn't need to be a bunch of shoe-horned in origin stories because that would be established in the solos and you would be able to focus more on a proper story.

AHKoT likes this.
  16. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't actually mind Cyborg. His story was rather boring, but that was because there wasn't any part of story in the movie that wasn't. But at the very least it felt to me like Cyborg at least had potential to have an interesting solo movie.

17. lucaman

lucaman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    honestly,i enjoy cyborg in JL material so far is Justice League Action.his personality was pretty the same in Teen Titan cartoon series

18. MarkReadz

MarkReadz Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Teen Titans GO!!!