Discussion Kaleidoscope of Death

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by EUGEO SYNTHESIS, Jul 28, 2021.

Tags:
  1. EUGEO SYNTHESIS

EUGEO SYNTHESIS Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OK, So I finished this novel in less than two days. Actually I didn't have much confusion in reading this novel, however I have some doubts.

My doubts lie at the 12th door. Previously as we know the existence of the door is something that can make you avoid a death, and "Like others people say" after passing through the 12th door you will be reborn.

But as we know, when Lin Quanshi was at the 12th door he was sent back to redo everything back in the world that Ruan Nanzu created. This is because Ruan Nanzu fell in love with Lin Quanshi and wanted to be a part of his life's journey.

After being reborn Lin Quanshi made through the 12th door again and back to his real life. That means the real effect of the 12th Door is to be completely free from the death threat right?? (Whether it be from illness, accident, being chased by assassins etc) which is the same as rebirth.

But it is told that after Ruan Nanzu came out of the 12th door, the 12th Door was finally sealed. Which doesn't mean that people can't be reborn and return to their world because the door is sealed??? I mean yes, most people will end up choosing the illusion world but it doesn't mean that no one chooses the 12th door for example is senior Ruan Nanzu who's forgotten, isn't that the effect of returning from the 12th door after completing the 11th door???

Btw Lin Quinshi's first 12th door also explains the reason why at the end of the story the leader position of obsidian was given to Ye Nio, and there is not even a sign of Chen Fei and the other two obsidian old members.

Because in the real world (Where Lin Qiushi was the obsidian leader) i think there was never such a thing as Chen Fei and the other obsidian old members.

After all they were the ones Ruan Nanzu had invited before Lin Quishi entered the door, which meant that if it weren't for Ruan Nanzu they wouldn't be connected to obsidian and this also applies to the twins.

Besides that there is also another question I have is aren't all souls in the 11th world real??? And if so, doesn't that mean the world of repetition that Lin Quinshi entered is a completely a real world and not just an illusion??? Doesn't that mean Ruan Nanzu created a new world??? And that means he is the same extension as god???

2. c.decora

c.decora Holy Cardinal, Ascended Mouse

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm going to pick and choose things to respond to...

If I understand it correctly... Those that get involved with the door (firsthand) tend to be close to some immediate death. Upon completing doors, this threat decreases until it is negligible (as evident by the more door someone passes, the stronger they become, etc) but this does not affect the fact that they are now bound to the doors. So they are "obligated" to continue or directly die. Therefore, it can be reasoned, by the 11th door, they have essentially escaped the initial death and the loss f the 12th door is essentially just cutting short their journey, making it easier. Though they may or may not lose out on some additional strengthening or blessing from fully passing through all 12 doors. Cultivation, ascension, or becoming god isn't something mentioned in this story but... it probably stands to reason that given ML isn't really human, there is leeway that passing through all 12 doors probably give some god-like abilities for their happy ending.

I don't believe the MC passed through two 12 doors, I think the plan was that the entire story was his 12th door.

I think it's debatable how "real" the 11th door as we know it is. For one, it is a copy of the 11th door recreated in the 12th door (as far as I believe from my reading). But certainly, I do believe the ML can be considered the overseeing god of the 12th door with the ability to shape that world (which he essentially rebuilt a copy of the real world and inserted himself into it for the MC). Assuming both the created 11th door and the true 11th door is of the same premise... There is a difference between the souls of dead players and all other people. Overall, that world is a manifestation of the combines dreams, expectations and happy endings all the players have wished for. Because of this, for me, they are the only real people in that world, so no, I don't think all the souls are real there. And even those that chose to stay, I feel like it's more like there was already a simulation of the real world (with relevant player information loaded as soon as they pass the first door or something) in door 11, so when the true soul comes, it would essentially "transmigrate" into his own copy, taking over the default setting of the simulation.

As for the rest of the people and whether or not they exist in reality... That's hard to say since it was implied that in the 12th door world, The ML essentially borrowed the MC's character, in reality, i.e. I think everyone the ML had come across, the MC should have once came across as well. For the twins at least, recall how those that pass the 10th door starts being forgotten by everyone (or was it those that enter the 11th door?), I think this is sufficient to pave the way for how some might be missing as they should have been relatively far along with the doors. By the end of it... The one with the least doors would be the latest recruit, and with his skills, out of the remaining, he would be a good choice to lead (at the very least, he may be able to lead a bit longer than the others).

3. albeldayuia

albeldayuia Can't-Re Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been months since I read that book, Idk if I get all the facts right.
    The whole process can't be called rebirth, after they successfully finish all 12 doors, the threat of death just suddenly got eliminated, they'd go back to continue their life as before. Not a new life that the meaning of "rebirth" inferred.

After the 12th door is sealed, it just means that if they pick the right choice at the end of the 11th door, then that's the end, they'd go back to the real world and be free from the threat of death. No need for the 12th because Ruan Nanzhu no longer wish to do the job

Old Obsidian members do exist in real world, probably. Since Ruan Nanzhu is in Lin Qiushi's place more or less, Ruan Nanzhu's life before the plot started must also be Lin Qiushi's in real world. There's no reason to doubt their existence. The position is given to a younger member because old members should have died already? Any member with a higher level of door than Ruan Nanzhu would only have two options of retiring after completion, or death.
    And here I have a suspicion that the senior in Ruan Nanzhu's mouth that he said he had forgotten is actually the real world Lin Qiushi himself.

Well yes basically he's god, creating worlds and lives (or the illusion of them) inside the 12th door. So only a god of that door. Or is he? How is Ruan Nanzhu suddenly got accepted in real world? Replacing Lin Qiushi's place in Obsidian, out of thin air creating a new space for one person inside Obsidian, Ruan family, at schools, etc. His power is bugging me, I'd like for more explanation but I'll just accept it as it is.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  4. EUGEO SYNTHESIS

EUGEO SYNTHESIS Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes I can actually understand what you mean, actually this was also explained in the story where when Tang Yaoyao appeared, there he said that this could be meant as a reward for those who fought at the door, because everyone who died at the door seemed to be born or transmigrated to the 11th door where life is 100% normal, but they also forget everything that happened before.

But even so I feel that its implementation is not like transmigration, but rather like adding characters like Ruan Nanzu did at the end. Because the people associated with the door who have not died are not have trace in the 11th door. As for those who are not related to the door. I guess they are NPCs, after all it's an illusion world.

And for the 12th door itself, for the MC I think it's a special case because of Ruan Nanzu. As for the general case, as you said maybe they got something which is not clear yet, but for sure they will be detached from everything related to the door.

To answer this I will return to the original topic of the world that Ruan Nanzu created to be with the MC. The 11th door has a strong hint that it's an illusory world, as me and previous previous comment explained. But the world of repetition that Ruan Nanzu make I don't know it's just confusing as hell.

Maybe you don't remember, even though Ruan Nanzu takes the place of MC, that doesn't change the fact that the first door of MC's is about "Giant ghost (I don't know what the ghost's name is)" which means the MC was not the one who added the old members and the twins from the start. So doesn't this against the truth that Ruan Nanzu replace the MC role??? Because like we know other old member and the twins was invited by Ruan Nanzu (There's even a bonus chapter on how Ruan Nanzu invites the twins to join obsidian).

Btw this was the scene when Ruan Nanzu seeing MC first door :

Lin Qiushi was walking on a small path. Two people appeared at his side, and they were both people Ruan Nanzhu recognized—Xiong Qi and Xiao Ke, whom they’d met in their first door. Ruan Nanzhu held his breath, eyes stuck to the image on the screen.

“Where are we?” The young Lin Qiushi looked very youthful, and harbored terror in his dark eyes. He carefully asked next, “who are you guys?

Maybe we can say this as a story hole??? However I couldn't relate these two no matter how many times I reread it.

5. c.decora

c.decora Holy Cardinal, Ascended Mouse

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think they are traceless as you said in the 11th door. It's just that they can't be found in the relevant copy. Moreover, the 11th world is essentially based on the premise "had there been no doors," so it is highly possible everyone (those alive)'s NPC version is somewhere but just no longer affiliated with Obsidian because there is no Obsidian in that world.

In some dimension, it may well be a true and real world. But that goes into the laws of the universe, etc.

The thing with the 12th door is, we don't have any indication anyone has ever successfully passed through that door. In a way, the special case may include the fact our MC is the only person to have passed. It would seem that there is only one 12th door and one overseer or the 12th door... It is also highly likely that a 12th door is personal (the player would be the only player for their copy) and each copy is personalized to be the "ultimate tribulation" for them (similar to the 11th door)... Recalling the fact that ML is a perfectionist, etc, I'm under the assumption he isn't someone to lose before meeting the MC... So I think it's fairly certain no one had or will get the ultimate prize from passing all the doors aside from the MC.
    I think this may well be just a warp of the timeline. Or just the case that the ML (knowing all he does from MC's 1-11th door), he copied and pasted the resulting role (MC's) which he reinserted himself as at the starting point of the 12th door before catching up to reality.

... It's (probably) his... love for drama coming through again with the underlying idea that "MC is like this (already the leader of Obsidian and would invite promising people etc), I must become this person when we meet for the best first meeting etc." and so probably poached those "old members" from somewhere to make the play.

On that note, yeah, not completely everything of the role is copied... I think all the acting is 100% ML... o.o