Kenkyo Kenjitsu: Enjou POV [fanfiction]

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Red Bean, Nov 2, 2017.

?

How do you want updates to happen?

Poll closed Nov 27, 2017.
  1. Shorter chapters but frequent updates (probs in a 2000 or less range)

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
  2. Long chapters but less frequent updates (probs 3500 word range)

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. Hyperkaoru

Hyperkaoru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are welcome. No matter how much my fingers hurted, it miraculously cured when I saw your update.

Very great chapters indeed. I love Enjou stalking habit, trying to fend Reika's suitor off, (That solve the mystery why pretty oujo-sama likes Reika seems like she is forever alone) and his move, dear lord, call her bro is such an ultimate move. And Enjou worried over Masaya made me go ohhhhh over their friendship.

2. Red Bean

Red Bean Tired Bun Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Waaaah! Thank you so much for translating! Im glad my simple updates managed to cure your hurt fingers!

Enjou is the Stalker King. Reika is so misled to think that the Stalker King is Kaburagi, who is but a fledgeling following his (fake) father’s steps. (Yes, the mystery has been cleared~! Secretly, Enjou has been ensuring Reika’s continuous duty as the Chief of the Forever Alone Village!)

Dear god that move. Its so powerful, so deadly. Its like the best move to make in the entire novel if you want to prevent someone from going after Reika.

Enjou is good friend. Even Reika acknowledges it! :3

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  3. KazenoTsuyoi

KazenoTsuyoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice

4. Grace.tjhin

Grace.tjhin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for making this @Red Bean !!! Your stories always light up my day!! I can't wait to read more!

mw_mw_chan, Red Bean and Arrynne like this.
  5. Arrynne

Arrynne 『Bubo scandiacus』『Owl in NEED of Saving』

Reading List:
    Link
    What a way to start my morning 3 chapters in a row!!! Thanks for the update @Red Bean .:aww::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::aww::aww::aww::aww:

Reika x Enjou ship will continue sailing!!!:blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero:

mw_mw_chan, UmiCheney, Darcy and 3 others like this.
  6. Red Bean

Red Bean Tired Bun Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Part 34

Exam week had come and gone, and teachers have finished grading our papers. Today, the ranking board has been posted.

1. Takamichi Wakaba

2. Kaburagi Masaya

3. Enjou Shuusuke

4. Mizusaki Arima

What a dangerous development...

I was silent as I looked at the scores.

Last time Takamichi ranked first place, she had joyfully celebrated a bit in front of our shell-shocked classmates, and received their ire as a result. In order to stop her, I ended up having to warn Takamichi to not celebrate her successes in front of our schoolmates since it was detrimental to herself. However, the other students seem to have taken that as an indication of me disliking Takamichi. Thus, they took it upon themselves to give her a verbal lashing in the middle of the corridor, that only ended when Mizusaki came and told them to knock it off.

But now that she surpassed Suiran’s precious Emperor, of all people... I doubt that the harassment would end at some verbal lashing this time.

“…Shuusuke, this Takamichi Wakaba is in your class, right?”

I glanced to the side, looking Masaya whose narrowed eyes were transfixed on the ranking board.

“Yep,” I nodded lightly as I tore my eyes away from the board. “She’s a girl with a lot of energy.”

“Hmmm.”

From the corner of my eye, I noticed a familiar, messy-haired girl come up to gape at the ranking board.

“Ah, speak of the devil.” I smiled wryly as I turned around to face her. “Takamichi-san, congratulations on 1st place.”

“Eh... First!? Th… Thank you very much…”

Takamichi didn’t seem all that happy this time. Unlike before, she seemed to be hesitant to even smile about it. She did a good job, though. Its unfortunate the jealous and small-minded students of Suiran wouldn’t allow her to enjoy the fruits of her labor.

It really would’ve been fine if the conversation ended there. In fact, it would’ve been better if it had, because then the animosity directed at her would’ve been much less.

Masaya, however, was the undisputed Emperor of Obliviousness.

“So you’re Takamichi?” He questioned as he looked her up and down. Takamichi shrank under his intense stare, but she affirmed his question nonetheless.

The cogs in Masaya’s brain seemed to be turning, and I wondered what he was thinking. Unlike popular belief that I was a telepath and could figure out anyone’s thoughts simply by looking at them, I really couldn’t, and it was often me relying on deductive reasoning to figure out what people were thinking about.

And I had zero clues as to what Masaya could be thinking about.

Masaya’s gaze slowly lost its intensity, then he turned away, no longer focused on Takamichi.

When Masaya begun walking back, I bade my farewell to Takamichi, who looked like she had been forced to lie in a bed of nails.

If I’m not wrong, then within the week, the Pivoine’s President would be calling a meeting to discuss how to deal with Takamichi-san.

I tilted my head, wondering about that future discussion. Masaya and I have stayed as far from the politics of Suiran as possible, and with the way the Pivoine sees us, they wouldn’t attempt to waste our time over a rather pointless (in my opinion) discussion about an External’s behavior. If anything, I’m sure that they’d be calling upon Reika to deal with the matter.

Reika had brilliantly displayed the power of not only the Pivoine, but the Kisshouin group, and crushed a rebellious External group in her final year of middle school. An action that only furthered the divide between the Externals, Internals, and Pivoine, and cemented the Pivoine’s status as members of the elite class they could not dare to offend. If not me or Masaya, then Reika was the model Pivoine member. Perhaps she was even better, considering she was actually an active and diligent participant in the politics and survival game of trying to stay at the top. While Masaya was uncontested due to just how lofty his background is, Reika and I would resort to carefully handling the affairs around us to benefit ourselves. While I kept myself invisible though, Reika was too conspicious to ignore.

Considering how Reika was so engrossed in Suiran’s politics and was one of the most prominent members of the Pivoine, how she choses to deal with the matter could result in Takamichi’s fall from grace in Suiran.

... But, considering how Takamichi is neither threatening Reika’s position nor disgracing her in any form, I don’t think Reika would take any action against her. If anything, I think Reika would attempt to help her. I mean, she has always been generous... I just can’t see her actually destroying someone socially. It would be completely out of character for her.

As I expected, Masaya and I were not asked to the enter the discussion. That was fine, considering I only wanted to listen, but it really was something else to know about the Pivoine elitists, and actually hearing them talk.

“By the way, there’s actually a 2nd year causing problems…”

“Ah. That Takamichi girl?”

Oh, so it has begun.

I had my attention split in three ways; one with Masaya who was eagerly talking about sports, one with the President and her discussion, and one with Reika, who I had no doubt would be called to act on the situation.

In all honesty, other Externals did really well on the exams too, not just Takamichi. Mizusaki Arima, for example, had always been competing with Masaya and I for places on the top three, at yet no one had ever said a degrading comment about him. Sure, there had been grumbles amongst some members of the Pivoine who felt they were slighted by him, but all the positive comments generated by him far outweighed the negative, and no one ever dared to openly bully him, or make any attacks on his character.

Even I, with my distaste for him, held a fairly good opinion of him.

Takamichi, on the other hand, was a plain commoner girl who could be frequently caught with her mouth wide open and staring into the distance. Add in the fact that Masaya and I had spoken to her casually before, and the few times she’s walked around campus with a messy appearance, and you’ve gotten the recipe on how to anger every elitist member of Suiran’s Pivoine.

“Heavens… At any rate, we can all agree that she doesn’t belong in Suiran. To begin with, who knows if those grades are her own ability…”

“Beating Kaburagi-sama and Enjou-sama…? How could that ever happen…”

Well, if you actually studied than you’d probably be able to get on the ranking board. Besides that, she got first rank through sheer ability, since Suiran bought intelligent students so that the school wouldn’t be known for having only rich but stupid students.

The scholarship students get paid for their high grades.

I mean, they could complain to us and tell us to work harder.... Just kidding. There’s absolutely no one in the entirety of the Pivoine who would actually dare say that to us.

“At any rate, that girl needs to be watched. Those of us in 2nd year need to pay special attention to her. Reika-sama.”

“…Eh?”

I turned my attention to the conversation. So here it is...

“I hope you’ll cooperate with us on this matter as well. Please purge the undesirables.”

Her choice of words were scary, but Reika’s soulless smile was infinite times more terrifying.

I looked away, returning to my conversation with Masaya as I feigned ignorance of Reika’s dead gaze.

I can’t get involved without Takamichi receiving backlash, sorry. You’ll have to deal with this on your own.

When I came home, Yukino was happily playing around inside my room.

I know I spoil him a lot, but my bedroom is not his playroom... well, the box of toys over there are his, but its still not his playroom.

I raised an eyebrow as I saw something in his hand, “Yukino, whats that?”

“Oniisama!” Yukino called out happily as he stood up, and quickly presented the thing to me with a delighted expression. “This is a snow rabbit I made today with Reika-oneesama!”

I glanced at the item, a white hemisphere with green rabbit ears and a pair of bright red eyes.

“Oh, its really cute. Kisshouin-san helped you make it?”

Yukino nodded proudly. “She taught me what to do!” He eagerly hugged the rabbit then looked up at me with a smile, “I ended up telling Reika-oneesama about how you and Masaya-niisama would make snow rabbits and snowmen for me since I couldn’t go out to play with you. She seemed really surprised about that, but I think I managed to improve her opinion of you a little bit!”

“T...thank you.” I stumbled over my words as I held in my surprise. Huh, I didn’t expect Yukino to actually try to improve my relations with Reika.

Wait a moment.

“What’s the catch, Yukino?”

“Oniisama~ Nothing at all! Can’t I help you out without you being suspicious?”

I gave him a look and Yukino pouted.

“Cause Oniisama sucks at getting into her good graces, so I thought I should help. Even Masaya-niisama says your hopelessly raking up bad points with Reika-neesama.”

“I’m not that bad.”

I’m going to punch Masaya when I see him.

“Oniisama, when I told Reika-neesama the story she had a look on her face that screamed ‘this villain can actually be nice?!’. How exactly are you ‘not that bad’?”

“...”

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  7. Mdrm

Mdrm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Red Bean, thank you for this master piece! I really like your work!:aww: Good job Yukino! :blobxd:

8. Arrynne

Reading List:
    Link
    This is truly gold. Yukino-kun your onii-sama is probably a Yandere xD hahahhaha. With his dark smiles and good yet misunderstood intentions.

9. AzuraValle

AzuraValle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Red Bean you and your stories make me so happy. Gonna have good dreams tonight :blobxd::blobxd::blobxd:

10. Hyperkaoru

Reading List:
    Link
    I laugh so hard when Enjou think Reika is really good at politic and imply that she is somewhat social butterfly who is really graceful. Yes, I think she is good with social and politic but in Reika's pov, she made us thought like she try to survive in junkle and with one wrong step, she might get devour by Pivoine. It seem like Reika herself is an unreliable narrator.

Yukino is a little devil, might be worst than his big bro. While his big bro bullies the girl he likes in the front but help her in the back, Yukino plays cutie pie in the front but evil manipulate brat in the back. We know who is smarter. But we couldn't blame Enjou since falling in love tend to mess with one head.

11. Arrynne

Reading List:
    Link
    How the mighty have fallen, they say. Men in love in 'Kenkyo' are lovestruck teenaged girls.
    Note:
    Tsundere Stalker, Kaburagi.
    Yandere Stalker, Enjou.

mw_mw_chan, Elliana, Ninilia and 8 others like this.
  12. Hyperkaoru

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, I don't think toward the one he love Kaburagi is Tsundere. He is super straight forward, shouting from the rooftop, Yandere guy. But yes, I got the tsundere vibe from him, and that vibe is toward Reika in not carnal ways. (It's like Kaburagi is one of Reika's girl close friend)

Enjou is Yandere with both S&M issue. Yandere is mile wide especially in @Red Bean fanfiction but in clever ways. (He might not go punch a dude but darn, flipping Onii-sama card is likes, ensured Reika's forever alone status in the best ways) For S&M issue, He is super S for bullying Reika. He might not like Reika be sad but if he is the one who cause her trouble, he sure love it. And I give him a big stamp of M because, wtf, if you love her so much why you need to torture yourself? You are such an M.

13. laexdream

laexdream Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I must admit, everytime there's a new chapter of the actual novel up, I end up thinking "what would Enjou's POV be like here?", and tend to use RedBean's fanfic as reference to certain things. It's like I've subconsciously accepted RedBean's version as canon, Enjou's side. xD

14. KazenoTsuyoi

Reading List:
    Link
    This got me laugh. Nice one Red Bean :blobxd:

I'm always amazed (respect) at your choice of words.

Darcy, Arrynne and Red Bean like this.
  15. Red Bean

Red Bean Tired Bun Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Part 35

I stepped out of my car and headed to the entrance of the school. Coincidentally, I ended up bumping into a familiarly curled hair girl who you'd be hard-pressed to mistake for anyone else.

“Morning, Kisshouin-san.”

Reika noticed me immediately, and I am sure I saw her stiffen up when she looked at me. Rude. I haven't done anything to you in a really long time, there's no reason to look like the devil has cornered you. I look at her silently until she forced on a wide smile, returning the greeting with her usual composed and polite tone.

“Good morning, Enjou-sama.”

She had turned around and attempted to leave, but this was a rare opportunity to actually talk to her without having to rely on chance meetings when she was alone. Which rarely ever happened- Reika was always surrounded by her clique or at least had one or two friends following her. If I wanted to talk to her, I would have to either rush to her classroom the moment lunch break started, or go up to her when she was with her friends and take her away.

I had never done the former, though. I wasn't that desperate. Plus, the commotion would be way too big if I did.

We ended up walking to the second-year classrooms together, and ended up drawing a lot of attention to ourselves. Similar to Reika, I was glancing around the halls. The girls were blushing and squealing, meanwhile the boys had a terrified expression on their faces as they averted their eyes. When Reika had finished glancing around, she focused a resentful glare at me.

“What’s wrong, Kisshouin-san?”

“Nothing.”

“I see.” I smiled at her brightly, but she looked unimpressed. Ever since we met in elementary, my smiles have never worked on her. It was always a mix of feeling frustrated and feeling amused whenever it happened.

Today, it leaned on amusement. I simply let her irritation slide off me as we continued walking to our classrooms.

How unfortunate that we aren't classmates... it would be easier to talk to each other that way-- What the hell am I thinking.

“Are you not with Kaburagi-sama on this morning?”

“Well it’s not like we go to school together.”

Reika's resentful glare turned into a disbelieving look. I wonder what she's thinking... I swear if she thinks that Masaya and I are walking the path of roses together I'm going to give her trouble.

When she continued to look at me with disbelief, I hastily added on, “Wait, don’t tell me you think that each morning we happily ride the same car here? Wouldn’t that be pretty creepy for two high school boys? We go to school at the same time, so I guess we bump into each other a lot.”

“My, is that how it was?”

I felt my smile strain itself as I continued,

“Speaking of which, there actually was a period when I went to pick him up. I couldn’t really take my eyes off him at the time. I still have to thank you for your help back then.”

I will pay her back... at some point. I mean, I'm even making sure that those annoying schoolmates of ours quit bothering her with their stupid courting. I just need to pay her back in equal amount to her reviving Masaya... and possibly embarrassing her by sending him to her when she was in such a sad state.

“It was thanks to you risking life and limb that we somehow got Masaya to cheer up. Thanks again.”

“You are welcome…”

I changed the topic when I noticed her expression turn resentful again.

“And it looks like my brother has been in your care too. The other day he brought home this toy that he said you taught him to make.”

Reika’s eyes light up, and I forced my smile to remain neutral as she grinned at me without reserve.

...Cute.

“Oh, the snow rabbit!”

“So it’s called needle felting. I had no idea you had that kind of hobby. My brother was quite happy about it.”

“I see. Then it makes me happy that he enjoyed it.”

A joyous expression fills her face as she happily reminisces over my younger brother. I couldn't help but understand how she felt. When Yukino wasn't being bratty nor using blackmail material on me, he was quite cute. He had mother and several of our female relatives in the palm of his hand, and it seems like Reika is the newest addition to the long list of girls who've fallen to his cuteness.

Which reminds me, how does he know so much about Reika? She's conspicuous and famous, but he even knows about the Tsurahana Rebellion incident, and he wouldn't stop asking me about details. Or if he wasn't asking about that, he was talking about how graceful and perfect she was, or giggling over all the stories I've told him.

Like that one time she stepped in pigeon poop or the other time when a bunch of pigeons started raining down on her...

I was lost in my thoughts until I heard Reika start speaking again. Oops.

“It seems that the snow rabbit had special importance to him. He told me about how you and Kaburagi-sama built snowmen for him. You really spoil him, Enjou-sama.”

Well, doesn't that just bring back good memories.

“Well, we’ve got quite an age difference after all. And he hasn’t got the best constitution either. Doesn’t your own brother spoil you quite a bit too? Why according to the rumours, you’re practically a brocon, Kisshouin-san. Although lately it’s been leaning towards fathercon instead.” I smiled at her widely as I revealed a little bit of the information that's been circling through every party the Kisshouins either attended or hosted. Reika's brocon status was certainly something, since no one could deny that Reika was infatuated with her brother.

The fathercon thing was hard to believe, though. Especially when you saw the way she stiffened up and begun to grow resentful to her "dear" father whenever the topic was brought up.

Reika looks surprised but she quickly forced on a polite smile once again.

“It is certainly true that my brother and I have always been close, but I have not the faintest idea how the accusations of being a fathercon came about."

“Ohh? I see.”

Thought so. The fathercon rumors just didn't fit in with what I knew about her. Well, given her eccentric behavior, you couldn't be too sure. If you only knew the superficial Reika, she was a beautiful and perfect ojousama. But if you kept watching her whenever she thought she wasn't in public... she was quite clumsy and had a really long string of misfortunate accidents.

Like the bird poop incidents...Stop thinking about that, Shuusuke. What the hell.

We ended up reaching my classroom sooner than I expected, and I paused. "Oh, by the way."

I turned and grinned at her. Speaking of weird rumors concerning Reika...

“Is it because you love your much older brother so much that your taste is also for older men?”

“Eh?”

Reika's eyes went wide with confusion and surprise, and I quickly turned around and entered my classroom. I bit the inside of my cheek as I ended up chuckling. That surprised face is so cute, I wish I had taken a picture.

I placed my bag down on my desk and looked up, my classmates looking at me with smiles and smirks on their faces.

Eh?

"You look really happy today, Enjou-san."

Oh crap. "Um, yeah."

Class Rep gave me a side glance and spoke with a moderately amused but factual tone, "You walked with Kisshouin-sama to class today."

"...Yes, and?"

Class Rep grinned, "So when are you gonna pop the question?"

"I have no idea what you mean." I frowned at him but my classmates were already muttering among themselves over Reika and I. So annoying... I even heard someone say "The Empress has bestowed him royal favor!"

"Oh," Class Rep started, "Did you know Tagaki-kun goes to the same cram school as Kisshouin-san?"

"Tagaki-kun?" I asked. With amazing timing, the door opened and another one of our classmates walked in.

"Oh, Tagaki-kun! Speak of the devil, I was just talking about you to Enjou-san! Come here, come here. Why don't you tell him about Kisshouin-san?" Class Rep waved the shocked boy over and I put on one of my brightest smiles as I greeted him.

"Hello, Tagaki-san. I heard you go to cram school with Kisshouin-san?"

Eh, why is he shaking? I'm not going to do anything to you, so please calm down.

"Pl-please have mercy. I swear I have no intentions towards Kisshouin-sama, so please don't..."

"I'm not going to do anything, please calm down..."

"Enjou-san, I don't think we have even one classmate who doesn't know how fierce you are when it comes to Kisshouin-san." Class Rep muttered and walked off.

Oi, you only made Tagaki-san worse. Come back here and help me, you prat.

16. KazenoTsuyoi

Reading List:
    Link
    The path of roses and have mercy my favorite:blobReach:

17. AzuraValle

AzuraValle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Such a cute chapter. I feel all warm and giddy after having read it. Can't stop smiling :aww::aww::aww:

18. laexdream

laexdream Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can it get any better than this? I feel like the quality of your writing has gone up by so much. Not that it wasn't good, but the flow seems so much smoother now~
    I love Enjou's interactions with his classmates and their knowing looks! Cracks me up so bad xD

19. Arrynne

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the update.:blobparty: It's currently 9pm:blobtongue: and on my way to dreamland :blobsleeping:where I can dream that Reika x Enjou ship is sailing:blobnosebleed::blobhug:, thank you for enforcing that.:blobReach::blobReach:

Enjou-sama is fishing for information toward Reika-sama's male preference.:cookie::cookie::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn:

Someone needs to :blobpoliceangry: catch this shady :blobspy: cheesy stalker.

Inconspicuous Yandere Alert.:blobwhistle::blobwhistle::blobjoy:

20. Hyperkaoru

Reading List:
    Link
    @Red Bean -sama, Thank you for the wonderful treat today! It's amazing and I love the most when Enjou kept praising Reika side by side with him thinking about Reika's misfortune and emberassing moments. The hilight is everybody and their grandma know that Enjou is head over heels with Reika but the lady herself is so oblivious. lol