Kenkyo Kenjitsu: Enjou POV [fanfiction]

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Red Bean, Nov 2, 2017.

?

How do you want updates to happen?

Poll closed Nov 27, 2017.
  1. Shorter chapters but frequent updates (probs in a 2000 or less range)

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
  2. Long chapters but less frequent updates (probs 3500 word range)

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. KazenoTsuyoi

KazenoTsuyoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been meaning to ask @Red Bean but isn't it a sprained leg?

MightyBrosXX likes this.
  2. Red Bean

Red Bean Tired Bun Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhh that. Well, when I read the novel while making it, it just said “injured leg” and “busted leg”, and in fanfiction.net it said “he he hurt his leg/foot”, so I assumed it just got broken somehow.

KazenoTsuyoi and MightyBrosXX like this.
  3. laexdream

laexdream Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't realize that this thread was still active... I had no notifications even though I'm watching this thread... What the heck? At least I got to binge read from chapter 2 xD Thanks for the brilliant Enjou perspective! So amazed with how many chapters there were, and gosh did I love the salty and jelly Enjou moments. And the stalker ones too xDDD

4. Codenamezero00000

Codenamezero00000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get no notification and I still come here every day to refresh just to check if it updated.

Red Bean, Tim Tam and Silverwind like this.
  5. Yueki24

Yueki24 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same

Red Bean, Tim Tam and Silverwind like this.
  6. Shadowdrop

Shadowdrop Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He turns seven a little more than a year later. He should be five at that point & six when he meets our adorable Kali.

Also, love this story. I often add my own Reika/Enjou scenes between the lines, but it's more of a behind-the-scenes extra for me. Reading a whole new story is even more fun!

Red Bean and MightyBrosXX like this.
  7. AzuraValle

AzuraValle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Red Bean I LOVE YOUR WORK!!!

I began reading 3 days Kenkyo Kenjitsu and caught up after binge reading for 2 days straight and then immediately felt sad and wishing more would update when i came across this forum and read your fanfiction.

I have been shipping Rekia and Enjou since the beginning so I was really interested in this forum only to realise that it had far exceeded my expectations.

The story greatly follows the plot and matchs the storyline prefectly so that it doesn't interfere or change the original novel. Everything is well written that it feels like your fanfic is actually part of the story itself. If i didn't know any better, I'd have thought you were the original author or Kenkyo Kenjitsu writing a spin off to the only storyline. That's how good it is.

I can't wait to read the next chapter!!! :giggle::giggle::giggle:

Good luck and thank you very much for taking time out of your busy life to bless us with such great works.

8. Kogi

Kogi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Red Bean thank you!!! O(≧▽≦)O がんばって
    Finally I do not need my shipping glasses to get my favorite ship for Reika-sama :blobnosebleed: Your writing is so good, I am already mixing it up with the original material :whistle: It also gave me another view of Reika-sama that is not distorted by her own point of view. I mean it was already a 100 chapters ago since I last thought of Reka-sama's front image of a beautiful doll-like girl, right now in my head she is still stuck with her goofy Cornet-chan that everyone loves (besides bird brain) image :p

9. AzuraValle

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not gonna lie. When i got a notification for this thread I thought another chapter updated.
    I've been so looking forward to an updated, that's how good this fanfic is

10. AzuraValle

Reading List:
    Link
    When I was looking through other threads with the Kenkyo Kenjitsu tag, I came across this news by chance. That someone else had translated the novel further ahead and that you could read more if you search up fanfiction Kenkyo. I looked it up and it was true. All 299 chapters!

I haven't read any of the chapters yet cause i was too excited and decided to share the news for all those who can't wait any longer for an update, so i don't know if the translations are any good or not.

P.S this isn't any diss or betrayal towards this current translator for the novel. I know they work hard, and their works are done really well. I just really wanted to read more chapters.

11. kryokori

kryokori Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I come across it long ago and for comparission read a chapter that was already translated by esteemed Holy Sheeprabbit. The feeling was kinda "flat". I decided not to venture in that lecture and only read the comment section of people who read it. In that comment section there are few short fanfiction too, quite good actually.
    If you go there, please look up comment section for "KuQ Ku" short fanfics :) you should like them.

kanjipills, kxep, silereamer and 2 others like this.
  12. AzuraValle

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, thanks. I'll go check it out

13. kimjeana

kimjeana Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same here. I want to read the next chapter so badly. I check every single day

14. Yueki24

Yueki24 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much for ur info. Even i always check fanfic web i didnt realose they got kenkyo

AzuraValle likes this.
  15. gaianova

gaianova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Red Bean Thank you for doing this fan fiction, really love your work :blob_grin:

Red Bean likes this.
  16. libraryrocker

libraryrocker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Love of creepy things confirmed
    Thank you for writing these stories, I I'm always entertained.

Red Bean and MightyBrosXX like this.
  17. Mdrm

Mdrm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Red Bean, when are you going to continue this master piece? Your work is exelent! Please don't drop it!

rienayen019, Red Bean, Darcy and 5 others like this.
  18. Red Bean

Red Bean Tired Bun Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Part 26
    ----

Reika has a really ugly crying face.

I sat on one of the higher seats in the auditorium as I watched Reika congratulate the Romeo and Juliet pair.

She has snot running everywhere.

The girl- Kasumi-senpai- was holding Reika's hands and her snot-filled handkerchief. I couldn't really hear what was being said, but it probably was something sentimental since it restarted Reika's waterworks. Senju-senpai smiled and his hand went up, and gently patted Reika's head while he had this amused look on his face.

"Shuusuke-sama," I felt someone touch my shoulder and I turned around. Oh, it was the graduated seniors from the Pivoine.

"Congratulations on graduating, senpais." I smiled at them and I saw their faces flush. Wow, how weak-hearted.

I sneaked a glance back to where Reika was, and saw that she was still being comforted by Kasumi-senpai and Senju-senpai.

Ah... so annoying. Get your hand off her already.

---

"So what happened?" I asked Masaya as we had tea in the Kaburagi Manor private rooms. This was one of the ones that Masaya particularly favored, as his father had remodeled the room to suit Masaya's tastes. It was pretty indeed, and the largeness of the room and interior designs were great, but the room felt closer to a throne room than a simple private room. He really was raised like a little emperor, wasn't he...

As I mulled over the thoughts of a toddler Masaya being dressed in ceremonial robes and tyrannically ordering people around to build his throne room, Masaya seemed to be glowing with vigor. "Masaya?"

"I've decided," he said slowly as he put down his cup. When he looked up, I saw a fierce and bold light in his eyes. One that I hadn't seen in months. "Kisshouin has shown me that I cannot just wallow in despair. As Yurie moves on with life, so should I. I cannot wait for her forever and if she cannot see me as anything more than her brother... then I must accept it."

"That's quite a change in tone. What happened exactly after I asked you to check on her?" I had an inkling of an idea what had possibly happened, which was why I sent him, but considering he's been surprising me and Reika has never conformed to my plans that much, I had to make sure.

Thus, I was regaled with the tale of how Masaya had found a crying Reika and formed some odd camaraderie through both being broken-hearted and rejected by the people they love... Not. From my understanding Masaya had not even let Reika explain herself to him. I have a feeling this is really all one-sided on his part.

"I hope she doesn't do anything too rash. I told her she can come talk to me if she has any troubles, but I wonder if she will..."

I stayed silent for a moment as I pondered over his words. Hmm...

"It would really help her if you stayed close by. You'd be nearby if she needed to talk to you, and she probably wouldn't feel so alone then." I smiled at Masaya as I put down my tea.

"Oh, good idea! I'll even give her the love anthology you found for me. It helped me, it would definitely be able to help her!"

"Wait, Masaya, I don't think that's a good idea..."

He had already run off to look for it before I could stop him. Wait, you idiot, I'm not done talking to you!

---

He ended up giving it to her just before classes started.

Reika had this unsure and confused expression on her face, as if she really did not understand what was going on but did not want to be a part of it. She tried to return the book, but Masaya pushed the book back to her firmly.

"Our feelings are in this book..." He said solemnly as he had a hand on her shoulder.

Oi! What's with those easy to misconstrue words?! Masaya! You're doing this on purpose, aren't you?!

The people around them had been frozen solid as they watched this take place. I heard someone mutter "a royal love affair" and I immediately looked around to find the source. Which one of you said that?

Its not like I don't understand what they mean though. The handsome and dominating Emperor and the beautiful doll-like Empress standing together in the hallway with the Emperor handing over a love anthology while looking into her eyes sincerely... its a scene straight out of a shoujo manga.

It made me want to throw my bag at Masaya full-force.

Masaya seemingly noticed all the stares that they were garnering, so he allowed his hand to fall from her shoulder as he looked at her seriously. "Also, Kisshouin, take care about your crying face. You look pretty horrible."

I immediately saw Reika's face flush, and I heard the gasp of the people beside me. The Empress had cried and the Emperor had seen her, and possibly comforted her? I could already hear the rumors spreading before they even opened their mouths.

What is with this bastard and his ability to misconstrue things? Did he learn it from me? I thought he never listened to me when I talked, seems like I was wrong...

Apparently Masaya had said all that he wanted to. So with a satisfied expression, he turned around and left for his classroom.

I'll shave his head.

I smiled in thought as I imagined all the ways to get back at Masaya. The little bastard. Does he not notice how easy it is to misunderstand his words? Then again, he always acted like that... I'll just replace all his sugar with salt.

I was about to leave, but then I noticed Reika was still frozen in the middle of the hallway. Ah, I guess I do need to thank her, she did turn Masaya back to normal.

“Because of you, Masaya’s looking a lot better now. Thanks.”

I said this sincerely, but she just had a dark look in her eyes as she stared at me. Oh, she was probably mad at Masaya... why was she so tense? It looks like her shoulders are too stiff.

I quickly left after that, deciding that I shouldn't get too involved in her business. What was the promised price I would pay if she managed... did I ever tell her? Oh well. Knowing her, she would want me to stay away or quell any of the bad gossip surrounding her... that would be easy to do, right?

Or not, I think as I stepped into my classroom, which was abuzz with the news of Masaya giving Reika a love anthology. After my presence was noticed, however, the room went silent. My classmates had varying degrees of pity on their faces as they looked at me. What the hell?

"It's okay, Shuusuke-sama. I'm sure that you are still the Empress's favorite!"

What the hell?!

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  19. AzuraValle

Reading List:
    Link
    @Red Bean omg. Welcome back and thanks for all the hard work :aww::aww::aww:. Love the new chapter:blobokhand::blobokhand::blobokhand:

MightyBrosXX and Red Bean like this.
  20. Red Bean

Red Bean Tired Bun Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Part 27

The finals came then went, and the results were published for all to see a few days later. The rankings looked like this;

1. Enjou Shuusuke

2. Takamichi Wakaba

3. Mizusaki Arima

・・・

5. Kaburagi Masaya

Huh, I actually expected him to get into the top three. Well, that's to be expected when he spent more than three months depressed over his failed love life.

I quietly thanked the girls congratulating me for first place as Masaya stared up at the board wordlessly. He's probably annoyed that he didn't stay in the top three. Actually, I don't think I've ever seen him go lower than top three before, other than the time he went missing, so this must be new to him.

I glanced around as I waited for Masaya to return from his reverie. I caught Reika looking over at us, but she promptly stormed off. Why is she so mad all the time, geez.

I glanced through the board again, and focused my attention on the lower ranks, looking for her name. Did she not get in this time? She looked upset... what if I go tutor her? She'd definitely be happy if she can get back on the scoreboard, right?

"Shuusuke, let's go."

"Coming." I muttered as I walked away. Would she let me tutor her is the bigger question. I have the feeling she would reject me before I would even bring it up...

---

It's White Day today, huh.

About two weeks after the graduation of the seniors finals, and the publishing of the test results, Suiran was full of annoying love-decorations and lovestruck students flitting through the halls and passing presents. The sheer amount of love coming off of them was enough to make me want to leave school early. I would have too- if it weren't for the fact that I was unsure if this day might cause Masaya to regress. Sure, he's been fine so far, but I can't be too lax.

At around lunchtime, Masaya said he wanted to go take a walk around the school alone, so I let him go. I walked to the third story window and observed the lovestruck fools of Suiran quietly in peace.

Wait a moment, is that Reika? Why is she running?

I watched as Reika came to a halt and skipped the rest of her way over to the duo near the gates. Thats... Senju and Kasumi, right? They seem to be holding quite a few bags...

I felt my gut churn and I looked away. I felt frustrated as I went down the stairs and headed back to my classroom. Tch. It seems even Reika's been infected with the lovesick atmosphere thats infested Suiran.

I thought about it for a moment and scratched my head, "Thinking back... wasn't Masaya headed in that direction too? I wonder what he would do if he saw that."

---

I heard a really fun rumor when the class day ended.

"Uhm, yeah. Kisshouin-sama was holding a bunch of bags and she seemed to have given Kaburagi-sama a White Day's gift. She seemed pretty embarrased though, because as soon as she gave it to him she ran away as quick as she could. Kaburagi-sama seemed to be frozen still in the hallway as he watched her leave."

Fun~

"E...Enjou-sama?"

"A White Day's gift, is it."

Tap, tap, tap.

I ignored the frightened looks of the three guys before me as I tapped my fingers against my desk. The rest of my class had gone home, and in quite a hurry I might add. I wonder why, we still had about five minutes before homeroom was to be dismissed, but everyone ran out as soon as Class Rep said it was fine to leave.

I wonder...

Tap, tap, tap.

The door to the room slid open, and Masaya appeared. He seemed to be chewing something.

"Masaya, eat at the cafeteria if you're hungry. Don't walk around while eating, it's bad for your stomach."

He swallowed his food and opened his mouth, "I heard it helps digestion. Anyways, if I didn't eat it now it would've melt."

"Melt?"

"The French marshmallow Kisshouin gave me. It was peach, by the way." He said it cheerfully enough.

I felt my mood plummet as I stared at this satisfied guy.

"We... we're going to go now!"

"Good bye, Enjou-sama, Kaburagi-sama."

"Bye."

After they left the room, Masaya looked at me and raised an eyebrow, "Why do you look so upset?"

"Nothing." I gritted out with a smile.

But really though... why was I this upset over it...?

---

It was the middle school graduation the next time I saw someone make a commotion over Reika.

"Haruki," I called out as I saw him shout loudly at a car that was already speeding away. I glanced at the plate number and held in a sigh. That was the Kisshouin car... looks like he's been disrespectful to Reika again, huh.

"Haruki, what was that?" I asked him as I crossed my arms, looking as disappointed as I could.

"That... I..." He stuttered as he looked back between me and the disappearing car, his face ashen as he realized he's been caught.

"What was my warning last time."

"But it was her fault this time! Seriously!"

I raised an eyebrow at him and wordlessly nodded, encouraging him to continue. Thus, he told me how Reika had told him a fake cursed story about ghost samurai coming to take his head...

I won't even question why he would even think it was real to begin with, but what the hell. I rubbed the bridge of my nose and contained my sigh. I feel like I'm dealing with a child.

Well, then again he was younger than me.

"Shuu? Haruki? Whats with the tense atmosphere?" I heard a saccharine voice call out to us. Haruki stiffened as the woman approached, but I didn't even turn around.

Oh... she came.

I stayed silent for a moment then put on a smile, "It was nothing, Yuiko-san."