Discussion Keyboard lions(when your opinion differs)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Otakuotaku, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Otakuotaku

Otakuotaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good Evening,:blobhero:

It's late I publish it as a small release without the hope that anyone will watch this discussion.:blobpopcorn:
    You’re know this site is made to have updates and opinions on manga of any nationality, novels and much more ....
    But I find it annoying people who are obsessed with fantasy and if you don't have the same opinion they start insulting you ....:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
    Then when they start with comments like "you don't understand the author's intentions" (thanks :blobsalute: I'm not the author Oh but neither are you so to speak:blobunsure:), "there are misogenous people who don't understand ... (I wonder if writing this way it's not them same as the more restricted mentally:blobokhand:), "I wonder what kind of mentality do you have?!" (just because I don't think like you:blob_grin:).
    People when you don't have the same opinion they allow themselves to be "keyboard lions" by criticizing the opinion of others. To criticize those who do not know each other only on the basis of a post, which differs from the opinions of others and start insulting them, don't you think this is ridiculous ???:blobhyperthink:
    only when you have the same ideas they come up with phrases "oh I agree too ....", "I think like you", "I fully agree" :blobhighfive::blobhighfive:
    THEN IT'S OK!
    Oooooh then when hater compliment each other it's a sight to read:blobamused:
    For a square of a post that you write then they’re answer you with an infinite salmon:blobtaco::blobtaco::blobtaco:
    Beautiful when you think they are fantasy stories:blobwink:
    If someone write to me with any opinion, I promise I will not insult you (hahahhaahahha):blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

2. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I wrote my opinion on a UFC fighter and I poked fun of that fighter and why he won't be fighting for a long time.
    someone took the time to attack my opinion and went on to comment on everyone one of my videos which is currently 20+ I don't upload a lot mostly music mixes and some of my retro gaming streams.

Just because I said Jon jones has a better chance of fighting Scarlet Johansson than returning to the UFC ATM. <--- the joke part.

Otakuotaku likes this.
  3. Jackmeher

Jackmeher Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People aren't weird,They're predictable. The keyboard warriors you speak of are probably people with many IRL insecurities that project it online,I should know this because I was like that a few years back.They seek any validation in place of what they don't get in their own lives. If I had one thing to say about your post;it's that it's vague as hell and could apply to anyone on any spectrum of a discussion whether they defend a piece of media or hate that piece of media.(

4. Rickymex

Rickymex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude I looked at you recent posts and you got ratioed since you're criticizing a character for not changing completely in a short time period. Honestly for anyone who wants to put this kind of posts at least put examples of your posts and the responses you're complaining about.

Otherwise this is the equivalent of some dude complaining about cancel culture only to find out the dude's hobby is yelling slurs at people on the streets.

Honestly this reminds me of a lot of the people in the comment sections of wuxia/xianxia webtoons and even some isekai where they if the MC isn't fucking, murdering, or being a dickhead loner every chapter then the people just call him a pussy non-stop. Those people start reading stories with the most peaceful genre tags possible and then complain the foreign author writing the story for his readers isn't meeting the demands of some dudes reading a translated version for free on a pirate site.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
  5. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    It really depends on the situation for me. For example, I really like BL, but I'm not going to force people to like it or insult them if they don't like it. That's just their interest.

However, if I see some whiny unreasonable brat complaining about how "omg BL is everywhere and I can't seem to find anything else, gosh BL represents gross closet fetishes" or something, yes, I will be scorning and criticizing that person. Like... just ignore it if you know you don't like it. Lmao. It's like those people have no life and they're so bored they spent all their time hating on stuff. :blobsalt:

If that makes me a keyboard lion, I accept that title gladly. :blob_grin:

Nightow1 likes this.
  6. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What does this part mean?

7. Jackmeher

Jackmeher Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They probably meant ''sermon''.

Lissi likes this.
  8. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't have to be the author to get the author's intention, that isn't a two way street, you can't say that someone who gets what the author is trying to do suddenly doesn't get it because he isn't the author. You either get it or you don't and in this case obviously you missed the author's intention. Or you don't like it.

Very often, I find that the people getting insulted tend to either 1- grossly misinterpret the story and post what appears to be a biased review out there only to get bombed on by the fans or 2- phrase their opinion in a very insulting manner only to be hit by the public backlash. From this short post, I've no idea of what you did or if you were just unlucky to meet one or two people that are anti-social but I'd say that there are always 2 sides to a story.

In a lawsuit, the first to speak seems right, until someone comes forward to cross examine. Proverbs 18:17.

northerner likes this.
  9. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    books have a different genre for a reason.....if one genre isn't your cup of tea, just ignore it a go to other. If you don't like something and start commenting shit about it just because it isn't for you, you will only get linced for it.
    When people say they are giving opnion to improve something, most of the time are just complains and never costructive.
    Saying this is bad that is bad isn't helpfull, it's just cleary telling other that novels/books isn't for you.

10. simak

simak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Comments typically help draw attention to your videos, so if you want your videos watched, that's good.

11. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    The point is he took his time to click on 20+ video and write negative comments on every single video. I never plan on being a youtuber I just upload those video because youtube is a great way to store videos and keep my computer free from clutter. I don't even keep music in my desktop I pass them to my phone or external drive.

simak likes this.
  12. simak

simak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One one hand, you can roll with it & have fun triggering people. Some of them might even be roasting you for fun, so it's tit for tat.

The only people I would actively avoid doing this to are
    1. K-pop stans. They have the largest standing cyber-army on the planet. The vast majority do not program, but with the prevalence of off the shelf scripts, etc. out there, all they need is fanaticism.
    2. Nikki Minaj Barbs. They are genuinely crazy & will doxx you.

The ones accusing you of being an -ist or a phobe probably invest an inordinate amount of their own identity into the work. They derive a sense of purpose & value from being a fan. So an attack on the work is perceived as an attack on their sense of self. See the most extreme fans of Steven Universe or Star Trek: Discover or the recent Netflix She-Ra show.

Treat fandom as a trait & this video applies:
    Steven Universe fans try to bully Tumblr artist to suicide: https://www.vice.com/en/article/3da...blr-community-to-open-its-eyes-about-bullying
    Star Trek Discovery & fans behaving badly:
    When She-ra fans attack:

Yeah, that guy is a little nutty. I'm just pointing out a silver lining if you want views, his negative comments and thumb downs still help your videos in the algorithms.

13. Deleted member 363076

Deleted member 363076 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    The question is why does it even matter to you in the first place that people aren't agreeing with you~
    You are well aware aren't you? That the world has its own pace and people are bound to think differently since their environment, bringing up, company and mentality is not like you.
    I don't like for instance, Harry Potter and the fandoms and fanatics constantly undermine my opinion and right to voice. But what does it matter to me~ I do respect their choices but I don't agree. Majority and Minority is omnipresent, sometimes you are in the majority and sometimes they are in the minority it's all a matter of mutual interests and disinterests.

(Hmm. Things would be concerning if you are abused/threatened/traumatized due to ur contradictory opinions.)

Otakuotaku likes this.
  14. Otakuotaku

Otakuotaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Simply for my opinion on a character in which.
    I said that she cries too much in many chapters and that I prefer to see the gray in the characters that is I am passionate about different genres for which, I know works that have characters of various types with more accentuated complexity.
    Basically they say that I don't understand the story and they referred to my personality, as if from a post they understood everything about me.;)
    But then most started asking me my morality?
    If i have any problem?
    To call me misogenic ...:facepalm:
    For simple history fantasy:blobokhand:
    Concluding that I hated the character, even if I never said it (phrases: the haters of psyche-character name). :blobmelt:
    If I write a triviality but then they start to annoy me with opinions not inherent to the story, I get annoyed :blobhero:
    Since someone was curious about the comment i left it below:
    if I remember correctly the reason why Eros made Psyche the hereditary princess is because he wanted to have all the power in his hands. both the imperial one and that of the temple and the nobles. Psyche being “the child loved by god.” By killing her then he would have staged the loss of her beloved and would have everyone's approval.
    and he planned to blame the death of psyche on medea. for me in terms of intelligence both Eros and Medea are on the same level. In the first chapters we see how even Medea had not noticed the real plans of eros ....
    however I love all the characters .... it just seems to me that psyche spends too much time crying about everything ....

15. Deleted member 363076

Deleted member 363076 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    You needn't give shit abt others, bruh!
    Stop looking for affirmation~
    Rather and go find people to mingle who thinks just like u, if u think and place so importance in not being a misfit!