Kicked out of home at 18 years old

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ai chan, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Hasr11

Hasr11 [Cat] [Fujoshi] [JP TL in Hiding]

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s the opposite here...I know peeps in their 40s still staying with their parents (they’re unmarried tho)

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  2. Deadrule

Deadrule Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I read it in some articles too that this kind of thing happens often in America ,sad part is this whole thing defeats the purpose of being a family. Its better for those kind of parents to not have a child at all. Rather these kind of losers should not even have a family or get married. Even if we look at it practically who would take care of them when these parents would get old and unable to do anything for themselves? They would have to give up everything and check themselves up in an old age home . Humans are social creatures ,we thrive in families we support and love each other. Kicking out their child after some age is for beings like birds and other animals

3. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    < Kicked out at 18 with no support or whatsoever.

< Many years later.

< Parents gets old.

< Gets mad at the child for not taking care of them.

REEEEEEEE

HiroBlaze, asriu, reagents 11 and 4 others like this.
  4. zeroknight

zeroknight [Death to All Harem Novels] [Dumb MCs' Hater]

Reading List:
    Link
    Um...please dont put me with your asian character novel sterstereotype. I can move out on my own. What Im just saying is that Im allowed to live with them. Lastly, please don't order the people around what they do. You're not our boss

5. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe she was adopted from a very young age. From what I heard, she didn't remember any other family and thought of them as her true parents even while knowing about being adopted.
    Part of my disbelief is that people could raise a child from baby to adult and still not truly think of the child as theirs. Aren't bonds are more important than blood in these cases?
    It's all madness.

6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it's absolute madness... I generally think bonds are far far faaaaaar more important than blood, and like...

You don't adopt a child by accident, anyone that was adopted was adopted as a conscious decision of the parents after a long long process they had to go through... How can you not love a child after going through all those years together and after all the effort you had to put just to adopt them in the first place? It's just... Horrible.

7. Glint

Glint 『Waifu』

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow....what a depressing thread. I'm scared of reading the whole thread in case I get more depressed but did the person in question receive help?

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  8. Ram5

Ram5 [Noodle Stealer]

Reading List:
    Link
    No wonder the rate of homeless and jobless people spike up... the thought of one must have own house, do not live in parent house seemed weird to me, I mean, does everybody know how precious nowadays to have own house? Most people seemed good with the idea 'better pay rent' than 'live together with parent and I can save my money for future success'.

9. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I've heard, in my country, it goes like this:

Live on your own = get respect and financial difficulties. bonus: have to accept alot of crap in the workplace because you can't afford to lose your job.
    Live with parent = great financially, but get disdain from society. bonus: have to live with rules you might not like or agree with. extra: lowers romantic prospects.

You get screwed over either way.
    Some people want their children to leave as soon as possible for the same reason that 'live on your own' = 'get respect'
    There is a belief that making your own way in the world is the only way to become an actual adult. People with this belief think that if you live with your parents, it is because you are too weak or too childish to do things properly.
    So some parents who kick out their children do it thinking that they are doing them a favor.

I am not stating my opinion on all this. This is just what I believe the situation is, from what I have heard and observed.

10. Ram5

Ram5 [Noodle Stealer]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it is living with your parent that makes you cannot grow up, but how you are handling and behaving yourself even when you're living with them, simple little thing actually can represent the maturity of your character, for example: Do you make your own breakfast? Do you wash your own clothes? Have you clean your own room? Can you wake up beside your mother come knocking on your door? Can you sleep without your father tell you so? all of this doesn't apply to you if you live alone because you don't have a choice, but if you live with your parents, can you do all of that without any other factor affecting it such as work in the morning or going to school.

mir and Enny2209 like this.
  11. Enny2209

Enny2209 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In Italy too, even if they are out of the house many ask their parents for money to live outside or parents literally build houses for their children, there are entire buildings where family members live together this situation is so surreal, what kind of parents are they?

12. Dark abyss soul

Dark abyss soul Lurking. Eff 1702 notifications I am dead

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Dark abyss soul

Dark abyss soul Lurking. Eff 1702 notifications I am dead

Reading List:
    Link
  14. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    They're parents. When you should ask that question is when they don't behaves like one whatsoever.

15. Disgusting

Disgusting Fetishist

Reading List:
    Link
    This sounds so nice lol.

16. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you talking about Kindergeld, where German government taxes people who don't have a child or the child grew up, and pays that money to people who have a child under 18 in the amount of 194 euro a month? They indeed can receive it until a kid is 25, but they have to meet some criteria for that, not necessarily going to school. In addition, the money is for parents and not the kids. And parents don't have any obligations once the kid turns 18.
    Are you basically saying that this program prevents parents from kicking their kids out at 18?

17. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    Dont know what your problem is, dude. Nowhere in my post says I could order you. I just described my experience. I don't care if you live with your family or not. And sorry you have to feel that you're being stereotyped when its a common fanily arrangement even in your country.

18. Viator

Viator [Cult of Pyoo: Pyoo's Oak Tree]

Reading List:
    Link
    I was kicked out on my 18th birthday, after high School graduation, and spent my first month as an adult in a homeless shelter.
    Before you pity me, let me say I deserved it. My dad is a man who very much believes in personal responsibility. At the time, I was heavily into drugs and caused a lot of problems. He tried to warn me to prepare myself for becoming an adult once I graduate high school, but I was too busy playing around. Once that time came, he told me that "I could live my life anyway that I wanted. But as long as I continue to live the way that I was, I was not welcome in his home, and that I was an adult now. If I hadn't figured out a place to live on my own by then, tough. At the time I hated my dad for it, but now I realize how hard it was for him to make that kind of decision, because he really is a loving and caring man whose children are the most important thing to him. But in his mind, it was the only thing he could do to get me to grow up, and take a good hard look at where I was headed. It took a long time before I realized the importance of what he did. I do not blame him for it, and in fact I appreciate him all the more.

*Sometimes, and in some cases, what you don't need is support, but to have your supports taken away. People can get used to the support they've had all of their lives, and take advantage of it to live poorly. In the end, they make everyone around them miserable for it.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  19. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Not common in America but heard the circumstance happens often enough to know it’s a real. These are mostly case of family issues, bad parents , rebellious kid, etc

20. Finalbeta

Finalbeta Science Nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm 24 and don't plan living elsewhere in many and many years

Enny2209 likes this.