Spoiler Kill that man

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yukari_me, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Yukari_me

Yukari_me I Gotta Put Me First

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel: Kill That Man
    Raw name: 杀了那个男主

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/kill-that-man/

Yu Qing Yao is a pseudo-white lotus, a real green tea b*tch. She is a witch, a player, a bad girl. Reborn to a terrible ancient world like the Liao Zhai, and embarking on the path of cultivation. Her life’s ambition is to be the white moonlight in the eyes of all men and the softest cinnabar mark in their hearts.

Li Huaide is a cultivating genius. His life’s ambition is to marry Yu Qing Yao as his wife, even if he has to go through a hundred deaths, he has no regrets. But then he was really killed a hundred times by Yu Qing Yao.

His long pursuit of his wife’s road is so bumpy that its an inch of heartache and blood.

Will he ever hold the beauty?

Note : White lotus- A person who pretends to be kind and innocent.

Green tea b*tch- A beautiful and innocent young women who is actually very calculating. A woman who uses rich and powerful men for personal gain.

I saw someone review this novel and it kinda picked my interest. However, I’m still a bit sketchy about this. Just reading the sypnosis already makes me feel bad for the ML. I get that the FL is a white lotus and a green tea b*tch but if there’s already someone’s who’s willing to go this far for her, I kinda feel bad. So can anyone spoil me about this novel?

1. How did FL & ML meet?
    2. What made the ML fall for our FL to the point he’s willing to die over and over for her even tho she’s a green tea and a white lotus? Also, it mentioned in the synopsis that he has died multiple times for her, can anyone tell me why and how? What was his feelings then?
    3. Is there any cannon fodder that actually has brains in this novel?
    4. Some info about the MC please. Is there a reason why she’s acting like that?

BooBoo and JimmyFalcon like this.
  2. stony27

stony27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stayed up till 4am to MTL this but I can't continue anymore. My soul is bleeding from confusion and impatience. Here's all I could gather
    MC's name is Yu Qingyao and ML is Li Huaide. MC was originally a chaos-bringing demon princess who struck fear in everyone's hearts. One day she saw a beautiful fairy who all men adored and worshipped because she was so kind and pure. MC got struck with inspiration and decides to be a fake white-lotus/green-tea bitch character for the heck of it. ML is a genius human cultivator who fell in love with MC and begged his master to marry her. His master forbade their union so ML became dramatic and pierced MC's heart (thus killing her I think) and stole the God of Marriage's strongest red string of fate to tie them together. He wished for them reincarnate as childhood sweethearts who will get to spend their entire lives together in the mortal world and then killed himself to join her.

MC happens to be the Demon Emperor's only daughter, so he was very pissed off when he found out what happened to his daughter. He cursed ML to constantly be killed by MC but ML's master took pity on him and turned him into a chicken 100 times in hopes that she'd be done venting her anger. At first, MC reincarnates as a human girl in the mortal world who suddenly developed an interest in frying chicken after seeing a video on Baidu. She likes to kill the chicken herself, and everyday, there would always be one chicken in her newest batch that would show human-like terror at the prospect of dying. She doesn't know why but she hates the chicken very much and enjoys tormenting it. She always kills it last and notes that although it always shakes and sheds tears of grief, it never resisted whenever she reached for it. After killing the chicken (ML) 100 times, everyone thought that it would be over but then the actual reincarnation of the childhood friends fantasy thing happen. MC's Demon father tried to sever their red string of fate but since it was the strongest, there was still one strand holding them together.

Flash forward, MC transmigrate into the body of a Yu Qingyao, the daughter of a merchant. Her father was killed by bandits and her mother hung herself after her siblings stole what was left of their money from them. MC was childhood friends with and initially betrothed to Li Huaide(ML), the son of some significant village people. ML apparently loves YQY very much and even after she became an orphan, he still wanted to marry her. His parents wanted to break him to break it off but he was persistent. He later caught the eye of some Sect Master called Wang-something and became his disciple. Eventually, the Wang guy found him a new marriage match and his parents forced him to break off his engagement with (original)YQY. YQY was ashamed and killed herself, and ML's family got her a thin wooden coffin to have her buried because they felt a bit guilty. ML didn't know about this and was just on his way home with his master. MC "came back to life" but it freaked the villagers out and they wanted to burn her but ML and his master came just in time to save her. When ML heard she was dead, he became very heartbroken because he still wanted to marry her very much even if she could only be a concubine, but luckily his master sensed that the person was still alive and got them to release her.

It turns out the master had ulterior motives for coming to the village and finding ML a better marriage partner. Later on in the story, we learn that ML told the master MC's birth characters in hopes that he could compare it with his and tell his parents that they're a match made in heaven but the master realizes her birth characters are all "Yin", so she has a "human furnace constitution"(meaning if u fricc her ur cultivation goes whooossh). The nasty old master wants her for himself and that's why he came over to the village.

Afterwards, MC became the master's 17th disciple and initially ML was very happy, because he thought they could continue being childhood sweethearts but quickly realizes she's distancing herself from him. His family holds and engagement banquet for him and his new bride, but his heart's not in it and he keeps staring at MC and arousing his fiancee's jealousy. They travel to the capital and got MC officially recognized as a disciple.

After reincarnating MC also got a golden finger to curse people and have it come true. She started off only able to make people trip and sneeze, but realized if she could time it right, the accidents could be fatal. She killed her aunt and uncle who drove her mother to their deaths and embarrassed ML's family by making them sneeze into soup, shit themselves, or trip. She uses this trick a lot throughout the story but it really fucked with my brain so I just skimmed it.

In the sect, MC is quickly recognized as a genius and all the boys are infatuated with her. She pulls her white lotus act and treats them kindly and acts weak to arouse pity and love. Although she's nice to everyone, she's evidently colder to ML and it doesn't go unnoticed by him. He's eventually forced to marry his fiancee but he doesn't even consummate their marriage, lying to the bride that his cultivation made it necessary to abstain and made a fake "red handkerchief" to present to the parents. He reflects back to when he first met MC and how he became dead set on marrying her ever since. When her parents died and she had nothing left, he secretly sent people to take care of her using his pocket money. He still loves her and decided to cultivate faster to not lag behind her.

Meanwhile MC breaks through multiple levels of cultivation but the master still refuses to let her train in combat. She became suspicious that he had ulterior motives so she decided to do some snooping. While everyone else went to some sect competition, she was sent to cultivate alone and "build a foundation" or something. She was done very quick (MC actually could've done everything at lightning speed because she was originally a demon but she had to deliberately slow down to avoid looking sketchy) and left the place to go to the competition. On her way, she meets some guy called Zhou Xin--something (god im terrible at this) who's from some other strong sect and he falls in love with her and takes her everywhere. While watching the competition, she kept acting scared and weak and he's very sympathetic to her. The girls who like him antagonize her but she always give them verbal face-slaps back. They talked about cultivation and MC mentions how she's not trained in combat and Zhou is alarmed. He tells her about the special human furnace constitution and how she might have it. He said that her master was probably grooming her and prevented her from being able to fight so that when he wanted to use her, he could just kill her after he's done. Since they're master and disciple, it's considered "incest" if they got together so the master would not let people find out about that. MC pretends to be outraged and in disbelief but notes this information down. Zhou thinks that she's so pure and innocent and tries to comfort her.

Eventually, the master finds out she left her seclusion and becomes worried that she found out about his sinister intentions and rushes back early. When the rest of the sect elders leave the competition, Zhou launches an ambush but didn't manage to find the master. Everyone comes back to the main sect thing and ML approaches MC for something I forgot. She reveals that it was his fault they were separated and he is S HO O K and began to see the master in a different light. He now hates him but still tries to look reverent to avoid raising suspicions. The master still figured it out and schemes to kill him. He tells ML to infiltrate the enemy sect by appearing to fall out with his current one. Say that he attacked the master out of anger from him making him marry another girl when his heart was with MC. This was supposed to be fake but the master intended to betray him and have it turn into a real quarrel and have the whole sect turn against him. ML had no choice but to comply, but when he was supposed to stab the master, he hesitated and ran away instead, sending his parents into hiding and abandoning his wife because he knew the master wouldn't harm her. He joined the rival sect he was supposed to infiltrate but as a genuine member because he really hates his master now. The whole capital is against him now btw.

Some stuff happens, MC gets herself appointed to a senior position far away from the master to escape his claws and wins against a couple of sieges by combining her skills and curses. On ML's side, he reflects on all the sins he's committed now but decides her could endure it for the sake of marrying MC. The way he died was so random and -____-. MC cursed him with extreme fever and two other things and he died suddenly. MC makes a grand gesture of missing her former disciple brother and childhood friend. She makes a public offering for his soul and moves everyone because of how kind she is even though he's a sinner. She wished for him to have an earlier rebirth and lead a good life. Someone thought that if she could shed tears for them, they would happily die too. She then tells everyone that from now on, don't mention him to her because although she misses him, he was still a traitor and wanted to forget him.

Unbeknownst to everyone, ML's stubborn soul stuck around instead of going to the underworld. He's very moved by her public offering but became upset when she wished he would reincarnate faster because he wanted to stay around for her. He was also very peeved when she said that she wanted to forget him.

After he died I'm just like :/ ok then. I skipped ahead and he WILL be reborn into a bunch of other bodies and stubbornly continue to pursue her, but the MTL-ing is so painful I couldn't endure any more.

1. IDK how FL and ML met, but they met while she was still a demon princess and her was a human cultivator.
    2. It says in the novel that he thought she was "as beautiful as a white lotus". TBH I feel like he'd like her no matter what. She killed him as a chicken over and over again but he's still unwilling to let go. He doesn't sound very mentally stable as he went as far as to kill her for a chance to be together.
    3. I don't think there are any canon fodders with a brain in the story as of chapter 100.
    4. MC's a little demon, she likes to toy with people. The more she pretends, the happier she gets. One time, while she was a human cultivator, she went around the neighborhood and did "good deeds" like helping homeless people and consoling crying children. Basically show the whole damn town what a good person she is. Her pet/friend who was accompanying her asked what she had to gain by doing this, but she said she just had fun playing pretend :'))

kex503, BooBoo, Yukari_me and 2 others like this.
  3. ElleJaye

ElleJaye Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im at chapter 153 now.

ML has been killed twice by MC.
    Everytime ML shows up to MC, MC have this undeniable feeling to kill him.

I'm reading on MTL, so the translation is not that good. Lmao.

1st ML reincarnation is Gou Shizi, has a wife, no kids but countless concubines. A thorough scum man for beautiful women. Once ML was reincarnated, he turned over his body's reputation into a new light for MC. He didn't divulge that he is Li Huaide, fearing that MC wouldn't like him since he betrayed their Sect. In the end, MC got fed up with all the boys that was pursuing her in that area and so she made an escape plan. Also killing ML after she had gotten away.

2nd ML reincarnation is Ji Chongde. A prince in Zhou Country. No princess consort, with a side concubine and lower concubines. The side concubine has a son with him. Ji Chongde has a wasteful identity, he loves to play and drink most of the time. But in the dark, he is a genius and has a lot of hidden powers and minions. This time ML tries to vie for the throne while trying to get closer to MC.

At 153, he still haven't divulge his true identity. But will try to kill anyone who wants to marry MC. While MC in the other hand, loves gathering a lot of pursuers with her white lotus identity.

So far, ML believed MC's white lotus identity. Her kindness through and through. No wonder ML's immortal master said that ML is blinded by love. No matter what, ML does not believe that MC is an evil person, even if she was the daughter of the Demon King at that time.

Im dropping the novel though. It's still ongoing. Im afraid the cycle for this story is that ML will keep getting killed by the MC. He will still retain all his memories while reincarnating but has no clue that MC is killing him by cursing him to death. MC on the other hand keep touring the world, spreading her name as a beautiful white lotus and gathering a lot of male pursuers at the same time. She loves the attention and getting free accommodations and treasures.

Oh well. It was funny though. Poor ML.

BooBoo, Yukari_me and stony27 like this.
  4. adyaa

adyaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there is another thread for this

5. Yukari_me

Yukari_me I Gotta Put Me First

Reading List:
    Link
    ik this is very late but thank u for the spoilers and sacrificing ur precious brain cells! *bows* :notworthy::notworthy:

I’m glad i didnt start the novel yet or else imma just die of frustration *sigh*

stony27 and ElleJaye like this.
  6. Lilzz

Lilzz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I MTLed until chapter 400+ and there's no romance yet. The 'ML' just dies and gets reincarnated to a random body and because he tied that red string of fate, they will always meet. He has no redeeming characteristics besides him just liking her. I'm hoping they don't end up together.

FL doesn't know that he reincarnates and always has feels annoyed when she sees his different reincarnates. Alot of the times she kills him and the last words he hears is 'mentally retarded'

kex503 likes this.
  7. Sam7

Sam7 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, I know I’m late, but better late than never!

There is no love/pairing in KTM.

1. ML and FL met in the immortal world.
    2. It doesn’t explain how he fell for her, what their relationship was like, but his love is more like infatuation, its not an ideal/true kind of love. Let me tell you, don’t feel bad for the ML. Is his love worth it? I don’t think so, cuz he killed her and tied their fates together, but did he ever ask her how she felt about that, consider her mind, her thoughts? He thinks its okay becuz he did it out of love for her, but he never took her feelings/thoughts into consideration. A man who doesn’t care about her mind, i don’t think his love is all that. So I don’t feel bad for him and I hope he’s not the ML. I think you should read the first chapter, just give it a shot! It’ll explain a lot.
    3. If you mean side characters, then yes, there are smart characters. The FL is smart too!
    4. Its briefly explained in chapter 1 why she is a white lotus/black lotus.

Okay, so I read a lot of novels about scum woman, woman who play men/toy with their feelings and I think this novel is the best one! I would say that she’s not really a bad person, yeah she might toy with men’s feelings but she never really let it go that far. She might be playing men but she never let em know they were being played. Her relationships were always pure (she never fucked/never even kissed any man) its almost like a shoujo love or a puppy love. Even though shes a scum woman shes got her standards and bottom line.

Why does she like to toy with mens’s feelings? I think its just her hobby, thats just what she likes to do. This is one of the reasons why I like this novel, so there are a lot of novels out there where they need a reason for the FL to attack the male god, so they use the system! The system made me do it! But she just likes to attack men cuz its her preference!

This novel is simply written for the FL, like its HER novel, you might say its mary sue but even for a mary sue, its well written, with a bit of comedy.

She’s actually a very strong character. She never really relies wholeheartedly on a man or needs to. Like she’s proficient in medicine and magic but she’s very lowkey about that, she never shows off her abilities, she likes to keep her cards to herself. Rather she enjoys doing good deeds to show off her kindness. A word to describe her: schadenfreude. She enjoys the suffering of others, but only in private. Its hard for me to position whether shes good or bad, you could say she was an anti-heroine. (She once destroyed a whole village, and some ppl indirectly died because of her)

The whole novel is like a cat and mouse game. Will he ever get her, idk, questionable Sometimes I’m moved by Li Huaide’s love, thinking, yeah maybe I wouldn’t mind it if they end up together. But overall I hope they don’t end up together, because his love is not true.

Theres a part in the story where he wants to marry her, but he’s afraid cuz he doesn’t think she’ll agree. Some dude says just marry her(without her consent) and make it up to her after marriage, and he agrees! Once again, he doesn’t take her opinion into consideration. He doesn’t really care about her mind. He thinks he can use love as an excuse for his actions. Hmm, theres something wrong about that, thats kinda fucked up.

But overall, I think this novel is worth giving a shot! But if you are on the ML’s side, i think it could be frustrating for you. I for one, love this novel. And if you really wanna enjoy a novel, you gotta open up your heart to it, be open-minded. If you read with a closed heart/closed mind, you won’t enjoy it. A lot of ppl might be put off by her being a white/black lotus, green tea, but this novel is so much more than that!

Last edited: May 19, 2021
    BitterDaisy likes this.
  8. BitterDaisy

BitterDaisy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read about 200 chapters. And I have to say ml is really frustrating! I can't even consider him as the ml. He is like the villain. I mean he never really knew what kind of person the mc was or liked her truself or ever cared to find out... He is just obsessed with the idea of her.
    I think I could accept a ml who sees her black heart and enjoys that part of her.
    When I first started reading I thought it might be about two lovers reincarnating and falling in love, I'm really glad it's not.
    It pisses me off everytime I think' he killed mc just cz she is a demon... So let's meet again nxt life and get married attitude! '

Sam7 likes this.