Spoiler Kill the Villainess - Helena

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by BlueRoseJuliet, Apr 7, 2021.

?

Do you hate Helena?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. No opinion. I want to stay away from her

10 vote(s)
    32.3%
  4. It is complicated

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  1. BlueRoseJuliet

BlueRoseJuliet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a thread to discuss the novel "Kill the Villainess". I know many fans of this work would like to discuss Helena among other things so I decided to create a place for them to do so.

Novel Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/kill-the-villainess/
    Spoiler thread link: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/kill-the-villainess.118265/

Description

“You… who are you?”

She was possessed by the villainess in the novel. When her fiancé, the crown prince, married their childhood sweetheart, Helena, she poisoned her to death. From the moment she realized she was possessed, “I” have only one goal: to escape the world in this novel. She tried to escape this world, even if it meant dying, but the world wouldn’t let her. But when she refused to follow the path of ‘Eris’ in the original story, the men who had ignored and persecuted her began to beg for her attention and affection.

“Who are you?”

Asked the priest who brought Helena back to life, and the hero who swore her eternal love.

“You have changed.”

And the Crown Prince who won Helena’s heart.

It was a new question. They didn’t even care about Eris.

She ‘the new Eris’ didn’t feel attached as time passed. She had no confidence in loving this world.

S011 likes this.
  2. Sutad Aatma

Sutad Aatma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/kill-the-villainess/
    Spoiler thread link: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/kill-the-villainess.118265/

I stumbled across this manhwa today and went through the spoiler thread (filled with an interesting fight) but any way, i noticed that this novel/manhwa does not have a discussion chat so i will post this here.
    After reading chapter.... uh i think it was 8? I forgot the number but, it was the chapter from Emma's pov
    after reading that chapter, i thought, what if Emma is a witch? like, she desperately wished for her lady's wish to be fulfilled and at the same time, the og Eris wished to disappear so perhaps that was the cause of mc Eris to transmigrate here since the law of casualty needed to be fulfilled

She left without knowing that someone she never expected had already shed tears for Eris. Poor Emma. She might be crying until the snow melts down by now.
    I feel really sorry for Emma. She devoted her whole life to OG Eris. Especially when Emma asked in chapter 9, "was there nothing that could hold my lady back?" I really wished that both Emma and OG Eris could get their happy end. But it is too late. These two are the most tragic characters in the novel >.<

I don't like the green tea. uh.... what was her name... Helena so far I have read, she seems all happy and bubbly looking at the world through rose colored glasses. and her energy is just too... bright for me. I'll go blind if I ever had her as a friend >.<

after reading the spoilers, i acknowledge that her circumstances are a bit complex and well now, I don't dislike her but if i ever did meet her, I would stay far away from her. she gives me a classic example of pig teammate for female friends. she literally does nothing to help her only (presumably) female 'friend' from being verbally and physically abused. I wouldn't hate her because in the end she did what she wanted for her own self-interest, and ultimately she is also human but if I was Eris, I understand why Eris hates her passionately.

Now, onto the fluff/bittersweet moments, which are also ending spoilers
    A man with an umbrella walked across the narrow street. I habitually looked at the man's face. And finally.

“Anakin?”

Everything was different, but somehow I felt strange conviction. I've always been confident that if I meet him, I'll recognize him at first sight.

To be honest, I don't know why groundless confidence soared so much. People usually call it fate.

The man looked at me reflexively at my question. He tilted his umbrella toward me to keep me from getting rained on, and immediately smiled.

His shoulders are wet again and again. In this situation, kisses are cliche, but there must be a reason why cliches are loved in this world.

Like the dazzling ending of a play, a movie, or a story, we kissed. Then like in movies, we never broke up again.

-End-
    I SQUEALED! I can't wait for this to be drawn! I hope manhwa is not dropped by then >.<

His master taught him joy, sorrow, fear and excitement, and the future. The fact made Anakin want to live again.

There was something I wanted to say to her. If one day the world is just one really big play like you said, now I dare to be your lead role.

Your lead, not the world's.

Oh, I hope my absence can mean anything to you. Everyone may find life boring because there are so many holes in it.

But not everyone needed to love the play. I just need one person to know.

“Anakin?”

One who will not leave him even when the curtain falls.
    [/QUOTE]

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh god! This part! The way both of them express the love for each other! I squealed so hard internally!!!!! Any way, I will continue posting updates as and when I read new chapters.
    What do you guys think of the plot of this manhwa/ recently-picked-up-novel?

P.S I just realized I have posted two main spoilers while fangirling. Is this okay? If not, please tell me. I will edit and remove it thank you.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    yukihibari likes this.
  3. asriu

asriu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    seem like two fangirl pop up at same time....
    really same weird

the section goes to lcd, Latest Chapter Discussion

slap slap slap

oi mod!
    one is lcd w

Ddraig likes this.
  4. BlueRoseJuliet

BlueRoseJuliet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! I've never really made a thread but I was tired of all the pages about Helena when all I wanted was some nice spoilers. Thanks for your help in moving this to the right place :cookie:

5. cookie_monster007

cookie_monster007 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys, someone just dropped a bomb in the spoiler section that Erin is Priest Fish's half sister? I mean, really?

6. Princess Alice

Princess Alice Member

Reading List:
    Link
    About Helena: I don't hate Helena but she is indeed annoying, the type of people I always try to avoid and ignore in real life. I would just put her on "seen" or walk away. I do pity her tho. I seriously think she's mentally slow and guys tend to like pretty girls with slow brains so they can easily manipulate them. If she came to me and ask for advice in life or a relationship I would help but I wouldn't start a conversation or try to get close to her.
    About this manhwa: I feel totally relatable, holly shit. My parents favor my brothers but I know they also love me unconditionally, they just don't show it as much as they show to my brothers, it's also because my brothers tend to appear cuter, nicer in front of my parents. However, I love them more than anything. I'm successful in my career, I have a family that cares for me, I don't have problems with men, if I get isekai into a world where everyone tries to make my life miserable I would try to kill myself too. I read these manhwas because I was born a weeb and I love dramas that have nothing to do with me (don't judge me, I like to observe). This manhwa feels so real that it makes me scared it would happen in real life.
    About OG!Eris:
    She's the most pitiful character in this manhwa, so hated, so misunderstood, so ignored. I think in the OG! Timeline, she killed Helena to get executed herself to escape that world also. I really hope she got reincarnated somewhere better but I need closure, I want the author to say she will be happy.
    About the dragon:
    I think the dragon that Jason killed was also a lost soul that got reincarnated into that world and cannot get out, so he manipulated the temple and Jason to kill himself so he can finally get out of that world.

7. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the manhwa three days ago and I feel pretty bad for the FL.
    I can never understand people like the crown prince. Even if he fell in love, Eris is also a childhood friend of his. He should be looking for a solution. Instead, he stays engaged to Eris and forcefeeds her dogfood.
    If I was Eris, I would be mad at Helena, because I can not deal with people who refuse to respect my boundaries. And I would be itching to kill the crown prince. I would do my best to avoid them and just do my basic duties, but as these cockroaches keep showing up in front of Eris, I guess at some point I would explode and get in big trouble.

This has a discussion chat
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/kill-the-villainess.124084/

Tt123 and Sutad Aatma like this.
  8. Sutad Aatma

Reading List:
    Link
    oh it was created the same time i did, no wonder i couldnt find any thread before that lol

also, the part where you said eris is also a childhood friend, i dont think he ever thought of eris as one. eris was only there because helena wanted her. plus, i have reasons to believe that cp probably hated eris because eris was good at what she did. she was the ideal nobel princess everyone expected her to be and she knew where she stood. cp probably hated eris because not only was he forced into this due to emperor, who killed his father, but also because eris was never good to helena.
    and even without helena as a variable, eris would still be hated simply because of her mere position of cp princess given to her by emperor

Baldingere likes this.
  9. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Helena did noting wrong

She is based. She makes self inserters seethe. That's always a plus in my book

Also as always fuck nobles and uh spoiler thread?

b21.png

Also this is now a pro helena thread

Otherwise I will come to your house and delete your one direction x bts self insert fanfiction

10. trixhenituse

trixhenituse Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this part is so sad :(( But Thank you very much for the spoilers! I've just started the manhwa :aww:

11. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Threads moved, and merged.

Look at the content. It's not a Latest Chapter discussion. It's a discussion about one person. It'll contain a lot of spoilers. Slap yourself.

Sutad Aatma likes this.
  12. asriu

asriu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh~
    sure~
    suuure~

13. Sutad Aatma

Reading List:
    Link
    what i like about this manhwa is that mc has said that hey, i did not have the perfect relationship with my family. it was quite strained and i avoid them a lot. but despite all this, she did not just go yolo let me start a new life with all this luxury at my feet. no, i want to go back. there were regrets and as she looked back, she started understanding more of what she had neglected. i feel like this part is often brushed off like in 'death is the only ending for villainess' where mc realized way way later (not her fault since that became the basis and the most important plot point).

I'm gonna go with guilty until proven otherwise for her. her navieness, just like janette in 'who made me the princess', is extremely deadly. plus, her insistence of ''no i'm fine'' instead of ''no, she didn't do it'' is pretty sus. the very fact she stood aside and watched eris being humiliated for all these years (even though she had the favor of everyone around her) without trying to help her a little is just too much.

are you projecting yourself onto helene?

14. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    Read the latest spoiler. Then come back to me with inncoent misunderstood innocent eris and evil two faced helena

After what eris and her family did to her Helena is legit a saint to even act nice to the OG her. Maybe even brain damaged

Girl is getting bullied by a spoiled brat and harrassed by a psycho prince. Shes the strongest character in the novel to go through all that and still come out as strong and kind as she is

Helena's family was brought down by Marquis Mizellian and her mom is a bit unstable because of it. Helena spent most of her childhood comforting her mother.
    It's not that Helena doesn't know about her situation but rather she doesn't really have any choice. No matter how much she tried to do her duties, the empress and prince didn't let her do it. They would always call her away. At first she was a bit stubborn and wanted to finish her duties. But she soon realises that if she wouldn't go, the servants would be still inconvenienced. She doesn't even have the right to refuse. And Eris bullied her a lot during their childhood. She even once locked her up in a dark place. She even tells her very condescendingly that if she wants to raise her status so much, it's better to join a brothel. Og Eris is very prideful and very condescending towards Helena. Later a maid rescues her and when the empress and CP inquire about the culprit, both Eris and Helena keep quiet. Eris even further pretends to be worried and happy to see Helena safe. So because of all this, Helena had some resentment towards her.

But one day she sees Eris crying alone in the corner. She knew she works hard, more than others to strive for perfection. She feels sorry for her. Just when the prince comes, Eris quickly wipes away her tears and smiles like a doll. Helena wonders whether she would have been the same if she had remained a noble. She decides to forgive Eris no matter what she did to her in the future.
    So the reason why the empress and CP hate Eris is because of Helena's mom. CP just plainly hates her for being the daughter of Marquis Mizellian. This Dumb bitch! As I mentioned before Helena's mom hates the Marquis and so channelises all that hatred towards Eris. She influences the empress too by badmouthing about her. One day helena got hurt during a hunt because of some inexperienced lady who couldn't manage her bow, but her mom puts all the blame on Eris. Her hatred is so much that she decides to poison Eris's tea. Helena decides to take care of the matter.

Anway I'm banned from that thread so i cant dab on the people who said Helena was evil and two faced for not helping out when quite literally she had no obligation after being bullied by helena all her life and couldn't even if she wanted to

I do salute the author for no going down the cliche of making the Og villanes actually misunderstood

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  15. Sutad Aatma

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhh
    After reading the spoiler, Helena is quite kind-hearted. I didn't see this one in the spoiler thread. Damn i feel sorry for helena
    And OG eris was a quite a brat, but then again, just like helena pitied her, even I pity her. she did so much just to never be acknowledged, and when she did not get any rewards, she lashed out. unfortunately helena became her target due to queen and cp.
    Can you spoil me on why Marquiss did what he did?

16. cookie_monster007

cookie_monster007 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys I'm just loving this novel. I did a mistake to read My fiancé is in love with my little sister which destroyed me mentally, so when I looked through spoilers of this MC's attitude of no bullsh*t and imma yeet out of here whether you decide to be my fishes (MLs) and apologize or not thinking, it's just brilliant. I'm lovin' it yeah....
    Also, please drop some novel in which the MC is like not-taking-any-cr*p.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    Sutad Aatma likes this.
  17. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    Walking my second path in life

cookie_monster007 likes this.
  18. Sutad Aatma

Reading List:
    Link
    wait, i have a question. why was my thread merged with this? Is it because of the ending spoilers? rest of it was lcd i think