Spoiler Kill the Villainess - Helena

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by BlueRoseJuliet, Apr 7, 2020.

?

Do you hate Helena?

1. Yes

40 vote(s)
    19.6%
  2. No

62 vote(s)
    30.4%
  3. No opinion. I want to stay away from her

62 vote(s)
    30.4%
  4. It is complicated

40 vote(s)
    19.6%
  1. tobioboi

tobioboi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't wanna be rude but imagine doing something you don't want to. this counts as abuse too. and she is a maid - a count’s daughter-, what else she can do or say to crown prince? she tried to stop him several times because he was acting rude. when he slapped Eris she got shocked for a second. and i don't think she stayed calm after this, i belive she said something. plus og Eris was always acting rude to her. how can she act good towards her. i mean she is not all pure but you can't hate her. AND i saw someone saying i hate her because she is so dull. i mean what the hell? how can you hate someone cause they are a boring person. please learn some mannerisms.

and please would you even try to help someone who doesn't want to be friends with you or always acts rude to you? think necessarily

2. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you a teen? Seriously. I ask this cuase every women or person been through abuse knows thay just because you laughing and smiling dosent mean there not being abused. Have you never heard the horror stories of happy housewives and it turns put there husband was beating th back and blue. But yes just becuse they didnt look sad at all means they wernt abused. Astounding you figured it out. Wow much smartness. You should write a self help book for abuse since your such an expert on it

Yea the prince did force her to do it. And she was a commoner . She dosent have enogh power to rebuke the prince for slapping eris. Ypu eolle compson that she is a commoner sho she spuldnt frt close to the prince and yet in the same sentence you want her to insult him infront of everyone

Make up your mind on what she should do.Sheesh

You want want to force you "women aside from MC bad" onto her so your twisting the narrative and wilfully ignoring things that are common sense so you can mke her out to be the bad guy. "Oh helena a commoner didnt day fuck you to the prince after he slapped eris? REEEEE SUCM OF THE EARTH DIE DIE DIE AHHHHHH HELP ME MOMMY THERES ANOTHER WOMEN HERE BESIDES THE MC AND HER ROLE IS SOMTHING ELSE BESIDES WORSHIPPING THE MC MUH POWER FANTASY NOOOOO"

Uh oh dude you said something sensible. Be careful or the self inserts will come after you with there jumbled paragraphs that are barely readable and there colorful name for females that would even make a misogynist blush

You know im kinda glad that she didnt get with anakin or at least not that quickly. Round allot these people weird fantasy

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  3. Ze Wu Jun

Ze Wu Jun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Apparently I was wrong, because I thought someone like you would think before talking. But it was high expectation from someone who insults when s/he can't find reasonable sentences. Also, no need to be so passionate, because these people are fictional. You this.... Right? :blobsmirk:

4. tobioboi

Reading List:
    Link

i wonder if you even read it because she tried so hard to stop prince before he acted rude for several times? and plus when he slapped Eris he didn't even wait for Helena to stop talking. did you even look at Helena's eyes? she was so shocked and scared. even Eris herself said if you act out to crown prince even she, the crown princess can go to jail.

and PLUS she even tried to stop Eris because she was acting rude and the crown prince wouldn't stay calm about it. i mean i find our fl cool too but helena is trying on her own way too.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  5. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm doing that because your implying that people who look happy cant be abused

Because you eerily sound like all the peole who defend abuse in real life. Take a good hard look at what you wrote

Thats disgusting and insulting to all abuse victims.

Nice backtracking btw with it's all fiction.

6. LazuliBean

LazuliBean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think maybe the author is trying to make Helena look bad because it’s going to smash the trope that all heroines are actually evil, mean or airheaded. Spoilers say that the prince is forcing her so she’s probably just acting this way out of survival and Eris happens to be unintended collateral damage. Now I will admit I don’t like her chasing after Eris but if the spoiler of Helena dying is true she may be doing it on purpose so that she can die too.

7. Ze Wu Jun

Ze Wu Jun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, now I understand. You judge people by their comments and their favorite characters that how they're like in their real life. I wonder what will you think if you know I'm am actually fan of the villains and villainess in novels and mangas:blobsmirk:
    I see your point. But you know, I couldn't approved much of her actions, because she terribly reminds me of Trashta in 'Remarried empress'

spchntrt and peach.pudin like this.
  8. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    "She looks happy so that means shes not abused, checkmate ahtiests"
    "Omg it's a fictional character stop calling me out stop judging me based on the fact that I defend abuse"

Bruh your trying to backtrack now that I called you out on your balant abuse apgosim Instead of going "hurr durr it's all fction" maybe you should reflect on why you wrote that

9. tobioboi

Reading List:
    Link

yeah i can understand cause my blood boils when i see trashta too but to me helena and her are way too different.

10. PrincessBubblegum

PrincessBubblegum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It goes back to my question on why she wants to be friends with Eris when she wants to survive and Eris doesn't want to be friends with her. It's quite contradictory.
    Yeah, Helena didn't steal anyone but the prince forced her in relationship even though he is or was engaged to Eris. In the eyes of society (which is usually andocentric especially towards affairs), it would appear she's either the mistress or stole the prince from Eris.
    Yes, I agree that forcing someone in a relationship with you is abusive. Just because some ppl aren't into Helena or not like nor defending her, it doesn't mean ppl are ignoring her struggles she has. So it's unfair to generalise everyone as 'abuse apologists'. For me, I haven't read the story, so I didn't want to judge Helena too quickly nor have the confidence to talk about about sensitive issues such as abuse when I don't the know the story myself. I prefer to read the story first and make my own judgement. Again, I respect all opinions made here and I hope everyone can too. I get that we don't always share the same opinions so if you disagree, make your points why and back it up. There is no need for disrespect. But this is a spoiler thread. So hopefully we can get more spoilers ❤️

11. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not saying everyone who dosent like her is an abuse apologist

But there's a lot of "she seems happy so shess not being abused" and "why dosent the abused commoner speak up against the cp" going around
    Thats abuse apoligosim

And wasnt it said that all of them including including helena and eris were childhood friends?

mallekei and 322098054 like this.
  12. PrincessBubblegum

Reading List:
    Link
    Oop my bad, still sad that Anakin was the one to burn her but I'm glad he didn't have to kill her :blobsneeze::blobbunny:

322098054 and Wapdyne like this.
  13. PrincessBubblegum

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, I'm glad you pointed that out. Just seemed like you were taking it out on everybody that ain't keen on Helena.
    And thank for clarifying the meaning, that's the sad thing about abuse, victims do hide it for various reasons such as embarrassment or not seeing it as abusive. (Still haven't read the story so I wont make a judgement regarding this until I do so)
    I don't know bro, got to read the story first :hmm:

322098054 and karls like this.
  14. LyreSecondString

LyreSecondString Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So everyone's debating over Helena...
    The debate/discussion took several pages, so I just jump from page 3 to this page..
    I just finished reading until the last update, chapter11.

From what I understood, the Helena, is from a prestigious family, though she is now a commoner. Back then, the First Crown Prince was executed for "intending to commit treason", the Empress was supposed to be implicated but since she was pregnant with the current crown prince (Alec), she survived. After that, she made her friend Countess (Helena's mother) as the Crown Prince's maid. That's why, Crown Prince and Helena grow up together.

Helena is indeed annoying, when Eris went to the palace, when she saw MC, she run into her which surprised Eris which made her accidentally pushed her. When Eris asked her why didn't just call out to her, Helena said: Because Alec likes it when I did that. *rolleyes*

When Eris saw the scratch on her hand, she ask Helena if she was hurt, Helena said she can just ask the Imperial Doctor to treat her. And why would an Imperial doctor who only treats imperial family treat her wound? Helena said: Because that person likes me ^-^ *rolleyes*

Then she started speaking informally to Eris again. Bla bla bla.

Then Eris told her, that the reason why she, a daughter of Marquiz, speaks formally to her, a COMMONER is because the Empress and the Crown Prince are fond of her.

So where did she get the gall to speak to her informally? Even telling her that she treats Eris as her friend when she doesn't even think of Eris all those times!

Although she is really innocent, she is just annoying! no her character design is!
    When the Crown Prince came and asked about the scratch on her hand, the way she speak is so misleading! And the crown prince is even more annoying, always so bias, just outright slapping Eris for scratching his "possession".

When I read that part, I really really want to transmigrate in that scene and give him hard slaps until he looks like a pig!!!!

**Eris is actually even more annoyed of the Crown prince than she does Helena.

15. BrytteM

BrytteM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some of y'all seem to have this weird misunderstanding that just because Helena's situation devolves into pitiful somehow her every fault should be excused.
    First of all, she may have the commoner status NOW but she is actually the daughter of a fallen count, whose WIFE, HER MOTHER, is favoured by THE EMPRESS and also is the nanny of the crown prince.

I keep seeing this virulent need to just defend these types of characters - be here this bitch, Jieun or Jeannette, the dialogue used is the very same.
    "They have pitiful backstories! They were also abused by the ML in the future! They are not at fault at all!"

Which... listen. I don't hate Helena merely because she is the dullest bitch on earth or because she eerily reminds me of Angela. Not because she is the Always Happy and Friendly Mary Sue-White Lotus.

I hate her because she keeps forcing her presence on Eris, seeing directly and for a long while that it only brings Eris more hatred and violence from the Crown Prince and that other dumbass knight, and keeps up.
    She keeps hounding Eris even when the woman has many varied reasons to not want anything to do with her, sees the damage it causes her, and keeps it up.
    That is not "wanting to be friends" that is turning someone into the scapegoat to make yourself look more pitiful and cute.

So yeah, I hate Helena and wish her an equally bad ending as the three main idiots. We have seen "heroines" trapped in bad situations with Yuri Elizabeth, and you know what is the key? NOT bringing your stalkers rage upon them unprompted.
    -
    That aside because really there is no more point wasting breath on that thing, part of me is queasy at the MC's og family.
    They seem to highly favour their son and basically ignore their daughter, so my guess is more on the fact that this was similar to the DITOEFTV in the sense that she had apparently grown and left the abusive/neglectful situation and gotten her own damn life, in a modern world with all its benefitsn just to be drawn into a shitty ass novel universe like this so

16. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link

Okay the reason people defend these characters is actually a reaction to readers hating on them for just breathing then turning around and sucking the dick of every abusive ML in sight (like claude from wmmap and debatabley ruve)

Ita a double standard and people are tired of it so you get more rabid defense of females side characters cause people are tired of seeing all these shitty reasons that are mostly rooted in misogyny

See how you keep referring to her as a bitch? For being forced into a relationship. What do you call the annoying ML btw? Is bitch only for females? I can tell you dont even reallize what your doing

Yea some people have legit reasons for disliking a caharacer but 90 percent of reasons are internalized misogyny. You can tell since the hate only comes out when.the character is infringing on the MCs dating pool or did in the OG novel. Like god forgive the female lead in the of novel showed an intrest in the ML. Readers will eviscerate them alive since we are bought up to view eachother as competition. You say yuri as an example and yes I love her too but the only reasons readers like her is cuase shes loves the MC and not any of the MLs. Also yuri is diffrent. She knows shes in a novel. You cant compare it

See above. 2 of the characters you mentioned arent even evil. It's really wild you want them to have bad ending.just for being annoying or showing intrest in a dude. Most readers want female characters to have the worst ending for being annoying while for the males its "oh they already suffered enough". So fuck yea I will defend these females characters to my last breath. I'll defend them till people realize there hypocrisy and double standarda

Now its getting annoying with the "OMG WHY DIDNT SHE SPEAK UP REEEEEEE" so I'm not gimma repeat it again since people forgot how to read and only belive what they want

In the end you hate helena and nothing that the novel will say or do will change that. Good luck I hope you grow out of that mindset. I did

17. BrytteM

BrytteM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are assuming an awful lot, which is to be expected since I have seen you cut down people through most of this spoiler thread for not worshipping Helena.
    Listen to yourself.
    Did you even read? Where did I say I hated her for being forced in a relationship?
    I specifically said I hate that she keeps hounding someone who gets hurt by her every attempt to "become friends" and disregards it time after time because her WANTS are more important to her than Eris'.

I will go TO MY GRAVE saying that Ruveliss was a pos who deserved to die, I dropped TAE because they just pulled that bs ending with her just forgiving him because he "had a tragic past" and everything was just a "misunderstanding".
    Claude is an idiot who screwed himself over along with everyone else.

Neither of those factors take away from the disgusting actions the female leads took on their own.
    Here, Helena is living the life of the favoured pet, untouchable and able to disregard every notion of property because of the pet status.
    So what if she later is forced to marry the crown prince?
    That doesn't take away the fact that her constant bothering Eris got the later bullied and abused by her "protectors".

And that is truly it.
    By all means go on to worship them, I care not, but don't come here pretending to hold the moral highground when you don't.
    People are perfectly in their rights to hate these fake White Lotuses, just as we are allowed to hate Rashta, because guess what, being a woman trapped in awful pasts and power dynamics does not justify bringing violence upon other women who wanted nothing to do with your bs in the first place.
    And now go on to argue in circles, but I've seen all your arguments and none have moved me because appealing to my emotions here is useless when you keep justifying everything bad they do with what will eventually come from the abusive MLs.

TL,DR: No, actually, recognising that certain og female leads go out of their way to bring harm upon the mc (in this case, Eris, and I will limit myself to her since it is the novel of the thread) when they could. You know. Listen to the MC and leave them be, is not internalized misoginy, it is recognizing their own toxic ass behaviour.
    Also, future abuse by shitty MLs does not justify the FLs' own shitty actions, in this case, hounding the Crown Prince's fiancée who has established quite clearly she wants nothing to do with you, several times. ESPECIALLY when your actions bring harm (verbal and physical) upon them. The FL wanting to make the MC her friend does NOT justify bringing harmful attention upon her.

18. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link

No your assuming. No where did I say your the one who defends shitty MLs.? 'm talking about the majority of people polpe not specifically you. I'm talking about why some readers are so inclined to defend them since that's what you seem to be wondering.

How is she bring harmful attention upon her? There still engaged. Lmfao you wanna blame everything that happens on her cause you too wrapped up in your ownprejudices even when the and the author themselves show that was not the case

Its funny that this novel subverts all yhe villaness novel tropes of the evil OG FL uet people cant see past there need to bash them.

Like why even read this novel when you completely miss the whole point of it

And lol you say it's not internalized misogyny but using terms such as bitch and white louts unironically does not convince anyone otherwise. But sure delude yourself into believing you hate her for ahem "wanting to be the MCs friend" (lmfao what a weak ass excuse) and no she's not the one bring had attention to the MC the MC herself knows this but you just want to hate her

We all now of the MC was in thos position youd be glong "awww poor girl uwu"

But since readers can only sympathize with the MC shes a bitch for not defending her from a dude who's forcing her into a relationship and is a psycho

Taruna, mallekei, mmonstra and 4 others like this.
  19. Despaireon

Despaireon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG ARE WE STILL FIGHTING OVER THE USELESS (No she's useful now,now that she's dead) airheaded Heroine. I want spoilers please and thank you. People Helena whatever her name is isn't the Mc anymore. So let's get back to spoiling (THE VERY REASON WHY WE HERE) Small little opinion of my own since we're talking about her... Fck Helena. Nobody cares. She's a hopeless dead as she should be girl. Now get over it and spoil me of the prince please tell me he got a bad end PLEASE. Mfs like him should fall butt first into a steel railing

20. LyreSecondString

LyreSecondString Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Helena is not even the main character and she already occupies a large portion of this thread.:facepalm: Really Mary Sue:blobrofl:

It's just a matter of perspective, if it was Helena who's the MC, there wouldn't be that much debate, we'll just find it funny how oblivious and innocent she is. Maybe we would be annoyed of Eris since she keep being "harsh" on her. Hate Eris, Pity Eris since she was always misunderstood by everyone.

But again, Helena is not the MC!!!