Spoiler Kill the Villainess - Helena

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by BlueRoseJuliet, Apr 7, 2020.

?

Do you hate Helena?

1. Yes

40 vote(s)
    19.6%
  2. No

62 vote(s)
    30.4%
  3. No opinion. I want to stay away from her

62 vote(s)
    30.4%
  4. It is complicated

40 vote(s)
    19.6%
  1. PrettyFujoshiLady

PrettyFujoshiLady Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Dude. What do you mean by "Even if Helena Did Steal Her Fiance. OG Eris Deserved it." They literally cheated on her. Proudly. Right in front of her. That's not just cheating or simple humiliation. That's degrading a person. Any person have the right to be angry. NO ONE deserves being cheated on. Lol. OG Eris have the right to be angry. It does not make her bullying Helena right BUT he won't be angry to that point if they treated her right first. They cheated first. CP can't even break off the engagement with her cause he's a coward. Helena can't do anything cause she got no power but that doesn't excuse her cheating. No one also deserves to be bullied but I'm kinda conflicted. Cause if it was me and the other girl clearly knew it's cheating, I would be furious and punch her and beat up the guy. I HATE the crown prince. I hope he gets hurt BIG TIME and slowly when he falls inlove with New Eris.

Btw, can someone spoil as how the other ml fell in love and suffer? Please

2. 322098054

322098054 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OG Eris Bullied Her First. The Forced Relationship Came Later. She Cant Treat People Badly and Then Be Surprised They Retaliated

She Got Karma and Then Killed Herself Cause She Couldn't Handle The Consequences Of Her Own Decisions. Maybe If She Was Nicer to Helena The Prince Wouldn't have Become a Simp For Her. She just Proved She was As Bad As Her Father Who hurt Innocent People. The Apple Dosent Fall Far From The Tree After All

Immernachtreich likes this.
  3. Haylaam12

Haylaam12 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you but isn’t what they did to OG Eris also bullying? Plus, I’ve seen many people telling Helena was forced and she didn’t have anything to do about it which is not logical. She receives excessive love from almost everyone. Helena can ask for help and run away but this is the hard option. I don’t blame her doing the easy one but for me telling she doesn’t have any option and she’s a total angel is not right.

4. Pansy25

Pansy25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True. It's not right. She's not oblivious enough to see that what they were doing was emotional cheating. She had a choice. She could have distanced herself from the prince or even told him to back off and be friendly to his own fiance but she did not. She could have defended Eris or even helped Eris when the crown Prince slapped her but again she did not. She is not innocent.
    I wish we could have more spoilers. I would love to see what happened to the others when she died. Helena's bitchy mother who started all this mess should also get what she rightfully deserved.

5. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why should she? Eris made her life a living hell. Why does everyone say she needs to help her. Even if she did eris wound probably hit her again?

Why should a person help her bully, that mcuh? She doesnt live for her only nor is she her slave? Why should she sacrafice everything for her. She already sacraficed her life but peple want her to pander to her no matter what does. They what her to devote herself to Eris even if she hits and abuses her which shes does btw.

We are talking about a girl who hated Helena from day one,abused her, hit her, locked her in a room and said shed sell her as a prostitute. And this was in childhood before this "one sided emotional cheating" stuff even happened

It's a wonder she doesnt have a ptsd attack whenever she saw her

Helena owes Orig Eris Nothing. The fact that she still tired not to hate her and took the poison meant for just shows how much of a better person she was. She was 1000 times the person orig Eris ever will be

And the person who actually started the mess was Eris's father. He plotted the downfall of the family and made the mom mentally unstable

Dad didn't plot downfall-wouldnt have lost there status-Helena wouldn't have become close fiends with the prince-he probably wouldn't have hated eris for her father's sins- would probably be okay with each other no need for isolation from others-no bullying- no eventual death

Side note. I do wish Orig Eris had survived
    I do think if they had talked to eahcother they would have understood eachother and Eris would have become a better person. Like my feeling aside there has to be a reason her maid looks up to her. Redemption is not in death. And honestly this is a genre where genocidal rapsits MLs get redeemed. What eris does in comparisons is pretty tame

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    Immernachtreich and radical6 like this.
  6. Haylaam12

Haylaam12 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you did not read properly. Pansy said she should’ve helped her when CP slapped her because it is a fact that Eris was surprised hence pushed her. It was not a specific attack made against Helena. Someone totally innocent was framed by maid and CP was ready to accept Eris did something bad to her and the only thing Helena did is “I’m okay”. This attitude never solves problem, actually it makes it worse and I think we both know that.
    There is one thing I want to ask you. Why don’t you understand OG Eris is also bullied by everyone, including Helena? Helena’s attitude is “I want to be friend so accept it”. People care for the ones they consider friends/or the ones they want to be close yet what Helena does is nothing. She knows CP is engaged to Eris but this does not stop her. The only explanation to this situation is because she was forced by CP which makes me mad because if CP is forcing her she has many friends, she can run away. Actually, in her situation she had to do that because obsessive creatures do not get better because they marry the object of their attention, they do get worse and worse. In the end she did harm both herself and OG Eris.
    Last thing I want to say is killing is wrong and there is no excuse but in OG Eris’ case it was preventable. Eris was not only bullied by CP but also other aristocrats and even by maids (remember the maid who blamed her). There is no one who is more pitiful than OGEris and she even wants to disappear from world. They intentionally pushed her into a state of madness. So in this story nobody is perfect including Helena. But it doesn’t mean she is a devil or the worst human being. She eventually helped modern Eris but it doesn’t mean she is as innocent as you think. Of course this is my opinion, you don’t have to agree.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  7. NyxEa

NyxEa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Created an account just to support the commenter before me. Man, even in the novel’s thread eris isn’t the main focus it’s as if helena is really the main character smh. Ik helena never do harm and og eris is kinda crazy but can we talk about the og eris before the current presided? She was freaking suicidal yall and i honestly felt her heplessness and how she struggled to do everything only to be neglected. Emma was the only person there for her :|

8. Aristes

Aristes [Archiver of idea], [Harbinger of the Fall]

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do I feel like the story of Helena was similar to Helen of Troy.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  9. Mon022

Mon022 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My mother said it like a habit. "Laugh no matter how hard it is, don't say anything and pretend as if you don't know."

Like an idiot without a screw, I lived like that.

- so how i understand it.. Helena's mother make sure that helena always have to be ignorant or at least pretend to be ignorant so people always forgive or symphatize if she does something to protect herself and since it was like mantra that she drilled to Helena, she became what her mother wants her to be which is to always smile, accept what the 3 ml and other people give since being ignorant is not a sin and only understand that she only follow orders at the end when she was forced to marry cp since he cannot say no.

- sorry cannot add here as well but it seems like helena also killed herself on original story line.. if i read it right... Helena's mother wanted revenge to eris family as they are the reason for the downfall? So she put a poison on the tea but since helena know, before og eris arrive she exchange the tea and died? And that's when she got revive by the priest and condemn the og eris to go to hell or to be killed..

Sorry i just created the account so i dont know how to include the spoiler talking about Helena..

Dont get me wrong i still dont like helena.. but if i got it wrong please explain it as there is not much spoiler.. its just how i understand it..

10. Gothita

Gothita Alive...

Reading List:
    Link
    Yet Helena is still doing whatever she wants.
    I understand your point tbh. But just because she was forced to love by CP, but that doesn't mean she can force a friendship to Eris.
    Even if Helena isn't at fault, but no one is dumb enough to be friends with a girl whom her fiance loves.
    Eris literally lived her whole life as the future empress. Was it wrong to expect love from her fiance?! Or is it wrong for her to hate Helena? I don't think so.
    Honestly we are reading story seeing Eris as the main character. So it's kinda OBVIOUS to understand or support her more than a mere side dumba$$ characters.
    And believe me pal it's not because ERIS is the main character, we hate HELENA. We hate her because she is a foking Dumb@$$.[​IMG]

Honestly acting innocent or actually innocent, normally when people act or be like all flowery, it feels fake.[​IMG]

So it's not because we hate Helena because we support ERIS. It's just innocent feels surreal. She's not toddler. She should at least respect Eris's felling.
    Just so you know, I dislike the MC of Fruit Basket too. Although her family is pretty trash. Bruhhh. I thought too much. Now my brain isn't working anymore[​IMG]

11. Veille

Veille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

This made me wonder why the hell did they reincarnate just to suffer again? Sometimes try to support yourself. These authors, idk what's up with them. They keep creating this "weak heroine" concept. Some FLs introduced as a badass heroine but as the story continues..they just.. became weak.

And just like the mc in "my fiance is in love with my sister", she was reincarnated, she knew what's going on. I think her whole reincarnation is nonsense and even useless. The author just loves dropping sad drama bombs that there's no sense in it. Just pain and stupid drama.

Unlike the MC here, she isekaid in someone's body but she doesn't want to suffer so she finds a way to go back to her real life, her real world.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    Deleted member 282232 likes this.
  12. Yamanka

Yamanka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry maybe you forgot that OGEris was also forced to be engaged with crown prince by the emperor. But no one feel sorry for her, her character in this story more tragic than Helena, OGEris being abused verbally and physically by crown prince if Helena was really sincere as her friend she would have defend her and i think crown prince will not get angry with her even if he get angry she won't be harmed by him, maybe he just give her cold shoulder but it won't take long for him to forgive Helene. It just my opinion

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  13. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Again why should Helena risk her skin for someone who harrased and bullied her for years ? Half of the stuff that happned to original Eris is by her own making

You all want Helena to do everything for orignal Eris but when has orignal Eris ever done anything for Helena?

Immernachtreich likes this.
  14. soledeadolci

soledeadolci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally sympathize with New World Eris (henceforth NW Eris in my ramblings) but I have some complaints. She read that book and after ending up in that world, her focus was on returning (totally valid), but thus far (up to chapter 22 on manhwa), she has yet to recognize OG Eris as more than a tragic character trope in a fictional world. OG Eris was a hard-working, loving girl who was twisted by the cruelty that she received from people who were supposedly her friends. We get to see her true character from the POV of her maid Emma loved her dearly, not because of a master-subordinate relationship, but because she saw that Eris was a person who was caring and willing to sacrifice for those she treasured. Who knows where OG Eris is and has become, but right now, she's still existing inside her shell. I don't know if I could do any better. But she just seems like she's grabbing onto whatever straw she can find because she doesn't want to suffer from OG Eris' fate (understandable) and not because she really wants to go home (for someone who doesn't seem to have a strong relationship with her "real" family members).

Helena seems like the kind of person who knows she is weak and knows how to use her weakness to the best of her ability. I have no idea how abused or unhappy she is (again, only ch 22) but she seems perfectly content abusing her position as special to the crown prince and empress to receive benefits that are far outside of maid. She seems like one of those people who wants everyone to love her, a naive desire. NW Eris' understanding of her, that her inability to understand others' hardships are a luxury that most people can't afford.

This is my first post, ever. There are no spoilers.

Volublekoala965 likes this.
  15. I_am_one_Hell_of_a_Butler

I_am_one_Hell_of_a_Butler Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So you are okay with her (Eris) being slapped by the CP and Helena being quiet? Never mind that shit, we went through that for 19 whole f*cking pages between Helena and Eris. (Excerpt: OrigEris was a b*tch too btw.)

Besides even an innocent person would know if you see your bully, STAY a 100 million miles away from them. Don't apologize or ask them anything. Just run. Away.

And who the hell is the Main Character? Original Eris or Eris (transmigrator)? Eris (transmigrator) shouldn't have to do anything of this (she doesn't even deserve this Original Eris did this shit so I have to apologize to Helena). Original Eris was born into the setting where lower castes or lower nobility where treated like shit (guilty or not). Helena knows this and SHOULD stay away from Original Eris. She should have flee when sees OriEris or run away when they meet eyes.

16. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You did not make a LCD thread. Your post was a discussion thread and the matter will contain spoilers. People don't appreciate getting spoilers in a LCD thread. Moreso when some people don't try and learn to use the spoiler tag. Hence, merge.

Veille and Sutad Aatma like this.
  17. Clars

Clars Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    okiee well mma add something to the discussion with helena skip if u want to and also sorryy if u don't like discussions going on a spoiler page >< well even i understand the frustations of not being able to find spoilers T.T...
    okiee soo everything apart i wanna discuss why helena sticks or rather still tries to talk n associate herself with eris..for that look we have to give credits to eris despite how bad rumors go around she could keep a head up high in the public tho we all know she was growing weak coz of this in private and now the new soul in her body coz she doesn't care one bit so all more the reason she has to not lay her head down...and i think helena admires this trait of her..look we haven't had a pov of helena we can only assume things...but i personally think that (even i agree) that helena is being forced...if u want to disagreee guys re-read ch5 where eris was slapped at last....u will see
    helena said she did things coz the prince liked it...now later when eris was slapped the prince words were excatly " you hurt my possession so mma hurt you" this .....guyss had prince not said it we could have assumed that helena cared for prince like a friend coz see if my friends liked a talk sweetly with them or hug them from time to time i would say yes..especially if i am with them since my childhood .... buttt given the speculation of helena being forced ... n whatever the trash said we can assume she wants to be friendds with eris coz she wants to be saved? look this could be a big part if we admire something (trait personality) abt someone n want it in ourselves too we befriend them or try to act like them ...like do something to get what we admire (the trait) in ourselves ...i think is the same with helena ..she wanna be good friend with eris..like thinking if show i admire her i genuinely care abt her and maybe in the starting she 'd find me annoying but what if one day we grow close to share our problems? she is cool i wanna be like her ..awesome ..i wanna be her friends (tho i yes i understand if someone rejects u ..u are supposed to understand...but what if helena is desperate (behind the scenes, look the suthor can't give us everything on our plate in the first ch) to get ut of the situation...what situation some 'd ask ...look threating / forcing her could be threating using ehr mother.... there could be a high chance that it could be happening ....
    i think she feels alone in this sense and was the reason why she was able to be friends with jason ..he was also lonely n scared of his fate...same could be with helena scared what would happen if she says no.. tells the prince she dislikes their relationship .....hence she could relate to jason ..u see she told jason she would always be with himm...it's like saying i give u mental support like i 'd want so that atleast u won't feel lonely n u'd also be there for me...nd it's not wrong...
    also i doubt the prince is a bit of yandere (like not the ml yandere we have that cold n threating to all n sweet to mc , also knows he wants to lock her up but knows that's wrong nd she would loose her happiness so nah mma control it) ..i am saying that helena tried to speak up..like no it's nothing ...yes we all agree she could have speaken up a bit more loudly...but seriously what if the prince hurts her later...look there may be no physical abuse but mental? rigghtt nd the miad there was the one who engraged the prince had the maid not been there the prince would have left after threatening...my guess coz he'd be scared that what if she is tells the emperor i think it was way of shhowing by author or more like hint that there could be something wrong... with their relationship.... anyway that's it
    ....sorry for all the ramblingg ><

Rin.rinaaa likes this.
  18. Joh483

Joh483 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno if people already point this out or if the author decided to explain more about helena but in MY OPINION Helena might be a victim (although she seems to be a real hypocrite).

Dunno if you guys ever read that novel "death is the only ending for the villainess"? If you guys read just think that "what if helena has a more controled role then eris?". Afterall the world will is pretty strong, I think that the only reason that "eris" could still be firm in her convictions to go home and even try to die was because her soul wasn't for this place....so the law of the world didn't affect her completely as it probably did with helena.

As i said I'm not saying that helena isn't dull or hypocrite(because I didn't read the novel...also I don't like her) buutttt if the author didn't explain maybe she was just trapped to do what the world will wanted. Thats why she have to.fall in love...thats why she can't help eris earlier.....but well is just my theory

SilverOne likes this.
  19. Veille

Veille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Helena is just a "meh" character for me. One thing, that annoys me about her is that, she was aware that the Prince and Empress ( & everyone that likes her hate Eris) really hates Eris. Why is she still keeps on asking her to be her "friend". Becauseeeeeeeeeee it will more likely create a scenario and trouble for Eris. Y'know what I mean? It's the best for Helena to stop asking Eris to be her friend because it won't really help Eris. Just saying.

There are really "kind" people who can hold a grudge at someone. ( Because they're human too y'know. You can be mad or angry etc etc. It's normal. ).

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  20. Njay

Njay Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My observations on Helena:

Helena would have been the protagonist if this story was written from her perspective.
    If you see a bully you can't always run away .
    If she doesn't do something she will be hurt if she does something she will be hurt.So she decided to simply watch and behave yet she would still be implicated.
    Had a tragic childhood definitely worse than orgEris as Eris could simply live without a family but Helena couldn't not because she couldn't but she didn't want to ,
    Living with a psychotic mother ,
    And forced to be mature at seriously young age.
    Yet even after that she still lives as puppet.

And you don't need to hate some one like her but also you don't need to like her.
    She is just someone who is stuck in a cage.A person to be pitied.

Immernachtreich and mallekei like this.