LCD King of Gods

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by strixflash, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Xester

Xester Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s moving to webnovel, which is Qidian’s western site. I wouldn’t mind them at all but they function on a pay per chapter instead of subscription service at a cost that will suck the money from you.

2. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You get ~10 spirit stones every day for logging in.
    5 spirit stones for voting for a random story.
    5 spirit stones for voting for a future story
    ~12 spirit stones for watching an ad on the phone app (I personally use bluestacks because no way in hell i am letting them into my phone. And don't actually watch the ad, just start it then minimize).

You might reasonably want to avoid the ad watching as it is odious. But the other 3 things are super fast and easy. so basically 20 free spirit stones a day. Which is enough to read ~1.8 chapters a day for free.
    Qidian is ridiculously expensive if you pay IRL money for it. But it runs on the "free2play" model of video games. Which is moronic, but it does mean you can just read it for free
    They pick up all qidian paywalled stories, it is unlikely for this to be the first ever exception

3. Xester

Xester Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know about all that already. I tried it for many months. I found that it was unsustainable for me, literally wasting my time. Moreover, if you miss a few days due to other obligations, it’s too easy succumb and pay for the chapters you missed, essentially creating a system that punishes not using the app everyday. I don’t like being forced to watch ads every day to keep up. It’s different form youtube for example because watching ads I the only barrier. Whereas on webnovel, you have to watch ads, spirit stones are limited, you can’t miss a day, and even then, it’s sometimes not enough for the chapters you want to read for the day.

Trying to make webnovel work was way too tiring for me. The emotional cost isn’t worth, while the sting of dropping the novel will fade in a few days or a week.

4. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It takes literally less than 20 seconds to grab 20 spirit stones every day. Which is almost 2 chapters a day free.
    ... or you can just continue reading 1.8 chapters a day, ignoring what the current chapter is.
    Personally, with bluestacks ad thingie increasing it to 3 chapters a day i find myself having a spirit stone surplus.

5. TheHoblit

TheHoblit Peak Dual-Cultivator

Reading List:
    Link
    bluestacks ad thingie?

6. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    I have recently started reading this novel and have reached chapter 300. Can someone without spoiling tell me whether it gets better/worse/stay the same in terms of quality etc.? And overall opinion of the novel?

7. TheHoblit

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion the quality stays about the same, the plot/MC goes in a wierd direction for a bit IMO but it doesn't take anything away from the quality. I really like the novel but it sucks to see it moving to QI premium.

8. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    There is always LNMTL. Honestly, it wouldn't lose much in terms of quality... Heck, I have seen some MTLed CNs with better quality than QI translations...

9. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am referring to what I said earlier:
    Bluestacks is a an android phone emulator for the PC. So on my PC I can just run bluestacks, open the webnovel app, set it to watch the ad, then minimize it for 20 seconds while I do other stuff. Come back, collect spirit stones, and shut down bluestacks.

I was saying that even if you don't bother with that, you still get 1.8 chapters a day. If you have such poor impulse control that you will end up paying for chapters, then satisfy said impulse control via bluestacks ad thing that pushes you up to 3 chapters a day without paying real money. Which is more than enough

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  10. Dark lord

Dark lord New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    blood devil sun bloodline

11. TheHoblit

Reading List:
    Link
    and it's heavily mutated, so it will evolve way past what the Blood Devil Sun was supposed to be.

12. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    From the 12th of October its officialy Qidan Premium with 10ch a week ...

13. Slightly Canted

Slightly Canted Grey Warden

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG the author is seriously milking this level up thing :mad:

Something that should have taken 10 chapters is taking 100. Shiiiiiiiiit.

14. AKIKAN

AKIKAN The Dicktator

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm expecting the reunion between Zhao Feng and Zhao Yufei. I wonder if our best heroine would secretly praying to heaven for Liu Qinxin to stay dead!

Rou likes this.
  15. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    Caught up with translations. It seems that I will keep reading KoG till it moves and then have to switch to mtl. Still better than reading QI

16. Cole-Right779

Cole-Right779 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Black Serpent Dragon AKA Empreror of Death V2.

I wonder how long ZF will be hunted down this time.

Mercy and Slightly Canted like this.
  17. Slightly Canted

Slightly Canted Grey Warden

Reading List:
    Link
    True. I just hope we won't have another cultivation re-start. That'll take another 1000 chapters.

Mercy and mrttao like this.
  18. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys, I used to read this novel back when it was just starting and I read till the floating trial part where our mc got the cat and the stopped as bei Moi was a bitch, but I started from the beginning again as it's so high in the ranking and finally I know bei Moi isn't a bitch, my question is when does feng find that bei moi isn't a bitch and what happens to the hai Yun master ...? And his reaction when he knows bei Moi betrayed him?

19. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    Bei Moi is a confusing character...And Hai Yun master dies around ch 500 ...(Might be less than 500 or even 500+ dont remember)

20. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    Why confusing?