Recommendations Kingdom Building Novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Tangshu, May 6, 2021.

1. Tangshu

Tangshu Lady Of The Wind ☁️

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: May 6, 2021
  2. Deleted member 318062

Deleted member 318062 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    "The Time i got reincarnated as a slime"

Tangshu likes this.
  3. tallrice

tallrice Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Took a look at your posts and found this.

Well, Kingdom Building is something I should be able to give some suggestions for... But without any romance, huh... there're not all that many of those.

I'd suggest trying out:
    • The Iron Teeth: Follows a goblin and is quite slow, but there is not really any romance, just some hints of possible romance near the end of what was written so far (it's currently on hiatus as the author writes another novel, but there's a decent chance he comes back to continue it)
    • Kingdom's Bloodline: This one is all about political intrigue with lots of plotting and magical weapons of mass destruction. It has a poor start with lots of contrived actions, but if you stick with it, it's a wonderful exploration of a fantasy feudal kingdom's politics, with a lot of great sociological details.
    • Holy Roman Empire: Another strong kingdom building novel focused on politics.
    • Chronicles of The Hardships of Komachi in The Sengoku Era: This one focuses on a girl who time slips back to Nobunaga's administration. It's focused on her contributions as a kind of economic/agricultural official under him
    • I am the Monarch: Fast paced, Korean reincarnation novel that shifts more into kingdom building later in the story. A romance does begin later on, but it's never particularly a strong part of the story.
    • Doomsday Lord: This one is very stats oriented, and focuses on a post apocalyptic world of game system city building. As far as I read (which is admittedly just 1/3 of what's translated) there was no romance. I found the novel slightly dry and lacking drama, but the kingdom building was decent in a litrpg style
    • The Human Emperor: This one is a great read for the first 400 or so chapters, so I definitely recommend it that far. However, it really drops off after that.... so be prepared to drop it if you try it out. At least those first 400 chapters are in a fast paced kingdom building and action style, and not really any romance, iirc
    I wonder if you'd also perhaps enjoy some of the dungeon core novels. The obsidian core, the bound dungeon (discontinued, but one of the best in terms of describing the ambience of the dungeon), Dungeon Hunter and the divine dungeon would be my recommendations.

Dungeon core novels are about dungeon building and trapping human adventurers into fights with mutated wildlife that has become the dungeon's minions, so they have a domain management aspect to them, though there's very little politics (there is some politics, but it's not usually very deep). A lot of them actually have romance... funnily enough... I think those three I mentioned are your best best to keep it dungeon focused.

Lady Lullaby and Tangshu like this.
  4. Faruk025

Faruk025 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey if you want a World building novel then World domination system is what you are looking for MC is OP genius(i mean reeeeaaaalllllly genius) and damn its all about army building!And for you to get interested in it,Let me give u a little spoiler:MC get a mission from system which is named as "World Dominition" sorry for poor english though.

Tangshu likes this.
  5. Tangshu

Tangshu Lady Of The Wind ☁️

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, this is very detailed. Thanks for taking the time out of your day to write this! I'll take a look at these!

tallrice likes this.