Recommendations Kingdom Building / Transmigration / OP

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by dvces, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Locketts

Locketts Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Hahahahaah i never expected the day someone actually said Lord of the Mysteries is shittier than an average xianxia.

Yes there are great xianxias but manz xianxia is notoriously known for shitty boring bland tropes that keep repeating. The famous i offend young master -> young master bro -> young master dad -> clan / sect wadeva -> mysterious more op sect that owns this sect -> rinse and repeat. The plot summary mostly ends up as "JUNIOR YOU DARE" when ppl gets offended by underdog mc being better than them through plot armor

Just admit it. You just dislike cuttlefish novels cause the mc cannot 1 shot every enemy he meets and collect his army of wives/ followers

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    Daresan and dvces like this.
  2. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I disliked harems after a year since I started watching anime, that was before reading webnovels, that was more than 10 years ago.You don't know what you're talking about boy, just as sad as the other guy I blocked.
    Just because it's a different genre of CN/JP/KR webnovels doesn't mean it's any better, just different when you get sick of xianxia. However this author manages to make even more retarded characters and writes about creating inventions like he barely passed elementary school physics class.
    I got sick of xianxia and all the other webnovels here before your mama even let you stay up past midnight, seriously the delusion you newbies have...

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  3. dvces

dvces Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I concur,
    It seems our interest align with eachother's

Thanks for the juice. I read all of them already tho. Gotta hit me with some low key bangers that are needles in the haystack at this point :)

Mhm, indeed, this is my suggestion to you if you have not already read it. I think you would enjoy this novel very much.
    Record of a Mortal's Journey to Immortality
    Lol, I am embarrassed to say that I, also, really really do enjoy novels with the MC you speak of. Collection of wife army, 1 shotting, mhm yes, i do enjoy that very much...
    however, i also agree with you that LOTM is actually a banger, i dont dislike any type of novels tbh. its more of just like, oh, hes kinda a sissy-bitch but its interesting. It also adds to the depth, making it relatable. Some people use wits, cunning abilities, and intelligence to get past what these peoples 'retarded OP MC' would be able to do otherwise.

However, interestingly enough you brought up this point.

Whilst I do really really enjoy reading the OP MC powerhouse novels, 90% of them are straight up 'trash' quality wise. The MC's plot armor becomes a fucking plot 'Great Wall of China'. like cmon??? Really... they experience only 1 if ANY 'setbacks' and 'cruelty' caused to them is just not logical.
    example- just finished reading Spirit Realm last night. took 3 days. 5/10 book. regardless.
    part of the book, his pretty much step sisters get abducted by enemy clan. IN A REAL CRUEL CULTIVATION WORLD, LOGICALLY THINKING, in their minds the entire clan of these people are ANTS. so, why would they treat them so nicely etc. I wont get into the rough details you get the point.

same shit, the world just is not logical for the emphasis these people put on the MF 'dog eat dog' darwins theory bullshit.

"oh? we have a life or death grudge and you wiped out 500 of my disciples? let me just goto MC's house and capture his family. to wait for him to powerup until he crushes me like an ant."

retarded unlogical and annoying.

anyways you get the point idk why i randomly ranted about that shit, interesting to know if you agree

Locketts and Daresan like this.
  4. Daresan

Daresan Well-Known CN Master

Reading List:
    Link
    I put this list long time ago on similar thread. You can check some of these novel and find out if you like it or not. I can answer anything you want to ask about if you want to know more about these novels.

Faction building/ kingdom building

1.War that transcends timeline.(Orginal)
    2.Out of space. (Orginal)
    3.Age of Cosmic Exploration.
    4.Road to crown.(Orginal)
    5.Time traveller's guide to feudal japan. (Orginal)
    6.Sword of dawnbreaker
    7.Empress's gigolo. ( RTW + I have mansion mix)
    8.Building the ultimate fantasy.( Power trip+ KD)
    9.Magic industry Empire.(Harem+Power trip)
    10.King of german Mercenary.(KD)
    11.Holy roman empire.(KD)
    12.I am king of technology (Orginal and kinda bad but works)
    13.Black iron glory. (KD)
    14.Tales of Reincarnated Lord(KD)
    15.The World Online (Vmmorpg personally dont like the genre)
    16.Lord's empire (Vmmorpg)
    17.World domination system (Orginal)
    18.losing money to be tycoon.(money)
    19.I am god of games. (God complex)
    20.Low dimension game (God complex)
    21.Shepherding humanity (God complex)
    22.Soul of Negary. (Dark)
    23.Extraordinary genius. ( Money)
    24.Godfather of champions.( Football)
    25.Gourment of another world. (Food)
    26.Dady's fantasy restaurant. (Food)
    27. Monster Factory. (Machine + Money)
    28. Master of Untold Daos ( Most similar to HN1F)
    29. History's strongest senior brother ( Same author)
    30. City of Sin
    31. The Human Emperor.
    32. Monarch of Evernight.
    33. Gamers of underworld. (Comedy)
    34. Chuhultu gonfalon. (God Complex)
    35. Chyrsalis ( Orginal)
    36. Plague doctor. (Dark)
    37. I have a mansion in post Apocalyptic world ( Harem + Power trip)
    38. Kingdom's bloodline (Very good + Schemes)
    39. king of the worlds (Fast food Universe building)

(Note :- Orginal does not mean good, most of them are sub par, it just means Webnovel orginals written by people like you and me)

Faceslapping

1. Gourment of another world ( Cooking)
    2. Dady's fantasy restaurant (Cooking)
    3. Building ultimate fantasy ( Power trip)
    4. Losing money to be tycoon ( Money)
    5. Godfather of Champions ( Football)
    6. Almighty Game Designer ( virtual reality game making)
    7. Scholar's advanced technological system ( kinda Scifi)
    8. Strongest Abandoned Son. ( Harem Power trip)
    9. Superstars of tommorrow. ( kinda slice of lifey)
    10.. i have mansion in post apocalyptic ...( Harem power trip)
    11.. Re-birth of godly prodigal. ( Harem Money)
    12. Elixir Supplier ( Medicine)
    13. Extraordinary genius ( Money)
    14. Shepherding humanity ( Power trip)
    15. Netherworld investigator ( Detective)
    16. Crazy detective ( Detective)
    17. Paradise of demonic god ( power trip)
    18. Genius detective ( Detective)
    19. Gamers of underworld. ( Power trip)
    20. I am Really a superstar ( Modern/Faceslapping)

Evil Mc Stuff ( Cultivation included but different type not usual kind)

1. Paradise of Demonic Gods. ( Recommended for cold mc with zero emotions no romance at all and absolute face slapping, Anti-hero)
    2. City of Sin ( hotblooded kills lots of people and dark world , Harem though but unlike other brainless ones)
    3. Building the ultimate fantasy ( Kills lots of people, calm , super op , mostly focus on side characters no romance )
    4. Eternal Sacred King ( Hotblooded, kills lots of people, anti-hero, Romance but only one probably good waifu )
    5. Way of the Devil. ( Nice power up system , Cold and ruthless Mc , Anti-hero ,Romance but only one probably good waifu)
    6. Renegade Immortal ( Cold and Ruthless Mc , Anti-hero, Romance good waifu, Technically 2 but Mc just loves 1)
    7. Nightmare's call ( Interesting power up, Cold Ruthless MC, Anti-hero, No romance yet )
    8. Warlock of magus world (Legend )
    9. Reverend Insanity (Legend)
    10. Reincarnation paradise (Good novel needs mtl)
    11. Divine Throne of Primordial Blood (New Cultivation path, Anti-hero)
    12. Death sutra (Tragedy+ cultivation)

Scifi + Apocalypse + infinity

1. The mech touch (Orginal)
    2. Super Gene. (Power trip)
    3. Oracle path ( Orginal + Very good)
    4. I have a mansion in post apoclyptic world. ( Sorry had to mention cause its sicfi)
    5. Super Gene optimization fluid.( Fastfood)
    6. Forty millennium of cultivation. (Cultivation)
    7. Dark age blood. (Apocalypse)
    8. The First Order (Aftermath of Apocalypse)
    9. World's Apocalypse online (Harem)
    10. The Strongest Gene. (Power trip)
    11. Superstars of Tomorrow ( Slice of lifey)
    12. Mutagen (Orginal)
    13. The Ultimate Evolution. (Infinity + game)
    14. Galactic Dark Net (Cliffhanger very bad)
    15. SSiezed by system.( Comedy)
    16. Battle Frenzy (Harem)
    17. God and Devil World (Not recommended)
    18. Epoch of Twilight ( Not recommended)
    19. Terror Infinity (birth of Infinity genre)
    20. Godly Model Creator. (Ok)
    21. Devil's cage ( infinity + Game)
    22. The Legendary Mechanic (Game)

My most recommended novels
    1. Lord of Mysteries (Mystery)
    2. My House of Horrors (Horror)
    3. Trafford's trading club (Psychological)
    4. Martial Arts Master (Romance + Modern)
    5.A record of mortal's journey to immortality (Xianxia)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    Hanada and dvces like this.
  5. dvces

dvces Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Daresan likes this.
  6. Locketts

Locketts Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well all I have to say that novel likes and dislikes is entirely subjective. You cant force people who like apples to like oranges. Nevertheless, calling people boy, kid, I was doing so and so when you were a mama boy all these pretty much shows how mature you are.

As dvces said, I also liked stuff like Coiling Dragon, CCG, MoE but I just don't understand your hate for certain novels just because it does not suit your taste. The fact that you can say Throne of Magical Arcana is all about retarded mc creating inventions like he barely passed elementary school physics class shows that you read the book with rose tinted glasses. Yes, it is a novel lower quality than LoTM mainly cause it's the author's earlier works so there is a gap between the music and the science part of the novel. However, if you ignored LoTM entirely because of hating Throne you should give it a try. That novel is a masterpiece on worldbuilding and plot and on a much higher level than Throne.

*dislikes harem, one shot op mcs -> reccs is full of power trips, god complex and harem hehs*

Calahan, dvces and Daresan like this.
  7. dvces

dvces Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, as i thought, it does feel good to communicate to other people with intelligence every now and then :blob_grin::blob_grin::blob_grin::blobpopcorn_cool:
    If you have some spare time, feel free to drop your recommended novel list. I think im going to take some time to re-edit this thread and add about 3-5 hundred of my favorites.
    Also...

I don't want to plug my own shit because its annoying and I have not even completed a single real chapter, but, it would help me out a bunch if you or the homie, Daresan, could peep my novels synopsis. I came to a breaking point after reading so many novels that I felt I had to create one myself. Lol.

Lmk whatchu think if you do so, would appreciate it :)

heres the link btw https://forum.novelupdates.com/thre...e-synopsis-of-my-novel-3.124784/#post-6322514

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    Daresan likes this.
  8. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Record of Mortal's Journey is decent from what I recall, I was reading it when it had less than a 100 chapters. Who knows what I'd think now when I'm not new to xianxia, not really interested to get back.
    Well at least you know that these novels aren't actually good, nothing wrong with having a guilty pleasure, as long as you're not delusional like these two I blocked that they're something great.
    I'm not afraid to admit my guilty pleasures, I followed MGA for over a thousand chapters lol. I still check on TDG every half a year, it's one of the first so I find it nostalgic, it's not that I enjoy it much, I think it's silly now. Or for fanfics Harry Potter and a Chance at New Life is exactly of the quality the title suggests but it's a decent empire building, I can ignore one dimensional characters for this since SG is my favorite fandom, in other words it has a shitty harem, otherwise it'd be much better.

chillidude likes this.
  9. chillidude

chillidude Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think u just like different type of novels, i don't really fancy some of the works you mentioned like martial world(brain dead), while i feel some of the others are OK or Great.
    Cultivation Chat Group is a good example, its really really REALLY boring for me.
    While others like World of Cultivation is silly and boring, but good overall story, it had enough bite in it to make me come back.
    Coiling Dragon is the best so far, and Throne of Magical Arcana is in the same ballpark for me.

I would call the rest average, and i have not really read the last one you mentioned(Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?) so i cant comment on that, but i will give it a go, the description seems interesting.

Thank for sharing the fanfics, i really enjoy them. i cant really find the links to where they are though, can you add hyperlinks.

You may dislike Throne of Magical Arcana because it has a very boring start with the music Ark in the beginning, i hated it, it was even more boring for me than Cultivation Chat Group, but after that part, it was very good.
    Its like the author woke up one day, and his brain went from 20% to 100%.
    Also i did enjoy Cultivation Chat Group, i just found the pace to be Extremely slow for me, the story was so static.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    Jojo775 likes this.
  10. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the idea of Throne of Magical Arcana, it's just horribly written and has a poor translation as well. I mentioned Martial World as an above average xianxia, it's not something I'd enjoy now.
    World of Cultivation has a slow boring start I agree, CCG is about the same but less so. I heard that CCG went downhill but what I've read wasn't bad at all, anyway the translations stopped at some point so I didn't bother finding out.
    I always get confused when giving a link to my ffnet profile as one of them is not visible to others but I think this is the public one https://www.fanfiction.net/u/9071421/ just scroll and you'll see my list of favs.

Some of honest TMA reviews

A poor man's Release that Witch, with majority of the novel being the MC masturbating from pretending to be smart. There is barely any action in this novel, just a whole bunch of wanking. He steals Beethoven's music and pretends its his own, and somehow the author thinks its a great idea to write a story about that for half the novel. The other half is the MC stealing science from our world, then applying it to magic to get wanked off for being a genius by the magic community. It's boring. The entire novel is just a wankfest of which the main character deserves nothing. There are a few short and poorly written combat sequences, but otherwise from that the story consists solely of the MC shamelessly plagiarizing,

God, even with such a small cast of relevant characters, Throne of Magical Arcana manages to have absolutely zero characters with depth, including Lucien. Extremely one dimensional, predictable, and the most boring dialogue known to man. There's no soul, and if they're getting a lot of time in the novel, you bet it's because it's a plot device to progress Lucien faster through his magic ranks. Otherwise, they get discarded or barely mentioned despite it being an "important person" to Lucien.

And this review by Nocturne, it's long so I won't be pasting the text https://www.novelupdates.com/series/throne-of-magical-arcana/comment-page-2/#comment-163585
    As for Lord of Mysteries I haven't tried it since it's from the same author and kkgoh is mostly a decent critic https://www.novelupdates.com/series/throne-of-magical-arcana/comment-page-2/#comment-163585

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021