[Kingdom Royale - Unification War] Game 6

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by Blitz, Aug 29, 2019.

?

Who'll win

1. Ginger the evergreen

15.0%
  2. Enigma the hat owner

5.0%
  3. Fourseasons the seasonal

10.0%
  4. tilgarial who is not really chaotic

10.0%
  5. nyan who goes nynanynyayn

5.0%
  6. Zone who never inhales toxic fumes

15.0%
  7. Gonz who is out to target a certain someone only

10.0%
  8. ddraig who somehow makes miracles

5.0%
  9. wraith the bag of haunted gas

10.0%
  10. I just like polls

55.0%
  11. Down with tony

30.0%
  12. I wanna join the next game

25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobxd: you officially made me the queen the third night :blobokhand::blobtaco:

2. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    Humu... I see. Understood.
    Mmn... but with 10HP one would need to have a lot of grudge to have 3 players visit you and dedicating themselves to stab you. As shown in this game, Tilg, Meatbun and I had 3 visitors, yet none of us die. No player have any info D1, so they would make partners N1. A coup d'etat like FS' death is only achieved once we have more or less sufficient information.

Meanwhile with 8HP one could die from having 2 visitors alone, increasing the cautiousness of anyone who was visited by 2 players or more. Especially more. It's a mind game, really.
    I was about to say as well; poison sounds more for mafia or a totally new game.

AliceShiki, Evil_Ginger and Enigma like this.
  3. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    kr sucession war has poison prince which is a little similar
    [Poison] - Can choose one player in a shared chatroom to poison (only once in the game). Target will not be able to regenerate health and instead loses 1 health every day, and will not be told that they have been poisoned.

AliceShiki, Zone Q11 and Evil_Ginger like this.
  4. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. I wish I could go back and play it differently.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  5. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm... Blitz, can you host a KR-lookalike game where poison is the main theme?

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  6. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    Guardian is now the Taste Tester, Assassin is Poison user, Sorcerer is the Physician, and King can be Medicine Master, while Warlock is Rougue Physician.

7. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    Or would Taste Tester be better as the Double in a normal KR game?

8. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    King - Medicine Master, Head of the Medicine Hall (gives the order to Physicians to heal or give an antidote to target, tell Poison Master to poison someone)
    Double - Taste Tester (can use their ability to take an attack that would normally kill the Medicine Master, knows enough to take over should the old Master die)
    Prince - Disciple (immune to poison created by the Medicine Hall, takes over master position should the old one fall)
    Guardian - Physician, one who wishes to save others (despises how the Medicine Hall does things, wants the leaders gone. Can hand out antidotes or administer a lethal dose if the poison Master is dead)
    Sorcerer - Poison Master secret tool of the medicine master to get rid of enemies. (Versed in the ways of killing without being caught, but is highly eccentric. Difficult to control)
    Assassin/Revolutionary - Rogue Physician of an enemy medicine hall. Wants its leaders dead and uses sinister toxins and poisons with no known antidote, save for the special pills concocted by the Medicine Master himself)

9. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    Essentially a KR skin, though. No need for a poison effect. Just changing the flavor text a little.

10. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    Forgot it was 10 hp. That was my bad.

11. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    >.> I get confused between games. On one we have 8 hp, in the next it’s 10. I blame my horrible attention.

12. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    @Blitz I would rather have 10 hp. Odd number of stabs sound better.

Fossil, Zone Q11 and Evil_Ginger like this.
  13. Blitz

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on the player number but for unification war 10 is definitly the best. Too fatal to have 8 with so many players involved

Fossil and Nyann like this.
  14. Blitz

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather than a simple reskin a variant of me where instead of knives you use poison and antidotes sounds interesting. It'll be such that no one will at least die on night 1. The interesting part will be that in general no one would know how much HP they have

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  15. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it's a fair amount of enemies for sure... And it would be a bit weird to start putting more enemies for the sorc when it has always been a role that chose allies according to the situation...

Mmmmm, yeah, looking at it this way, the Warlock definitely needs to be taken out of the Guardian's Win Con, I don't even remember why it was put there in the first place tbh, it's been so long.
    Well, I like the terrifying aspect of 8HP, makes stabs a lot more dangerous~

6HP on the other hand is like... Well, I dunno, it could be fun~
    Well, maybe for an entirely new game, but it would be hard to add new powers to UW without messing things up.
    *nod nod nod* When it's 8HP, I always assume anyone with 3 visitors will be dead by the start of the day because 2 people should be able to stab them... With 10HP this doesn't become nearly as much of a certainty though.
    Btw, another idea that I had a while back, but this one can be quite taxing on the host, is to actually allow everyone to choose 2 night partners instead of only 1.

Essentially, the idea is that in a normal KR game you should generally be in a chat with 3/6 of the players all the time (one you chose, one that chose you and yourself), but in UW we only get in chat with 3/10th of the players, which limits our access to information and increases the chances of dying due to someone randomly deciding to target us. Having the ability to choose 2 people would make you stay in contact with 5/10 of the players, which would be the same proportion as normal KR.

I think this would greatly increase the information flow in the game and reduce some of the randomness... At the same time it would be quite chaotic and could be quite troublesome to manage as well. (I mean, 20 night chats would be a LOT to go through)

It's an idea though~

Zone Q11 and Evil_Ginger like this.
  16. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably to "even out the amount of enemies", because now that guards don't need to kill the warlock, they "only" need to kill assassins (officially) while the warlock "only" need to kill sorcs before fully becoming a neutral party.
    Let's have @Blitz host these experimental games then~!
    At any other Nights perhaps, but N1 really is only suited for information gathering unless 2 people decide to gamethrow and kill someone randomly.
    I am heavily against this. At N1 it might come in handy, but after 2 assassinations and some sorcery kills, the player amount would be reduced heavily. In addition, with the little information a player had gained in N1, they would start making alliances very quickly and deceive anyone else with whatever information they may have.

I think that the KRUW is fine as is when it comes to choosing night partners.

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Possibly, I guess the Warlock was put there because we wanted more enemies for the Guardian... Mmmmmm, yet another random thought I got would be to put both Sorcerers and the Warlock in the Guardian's win con. But well, no clue if that's really a good idea or not, just throwing thoughts out there.
    Well, I think all nights are good for killing, and the sooner people die, the sooner there are less possible threats to you~

So... I think using your knives as early as N1 doesn't hurt~
    Well, but everyone would have gotten plenty of intel and start deceiving others, so... Isn't it alright? I mean, it's the same as what happens in normal KR~

18. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    Bad idea. That would mean that 2 Guardians would have to kill 2 Assassins, 2 Sorcerers and 1 Warlock. This is half of all players in the standard 10-player game. In other words, when playing as Guardian and getting visited by a random player, you will have 5/9 chance of stabbing an enemy.

A Guardian's Deathblow Ability only opens up after 2 Sorcerers are dead, which is a good news for Warlock. But if you put the Warlock as the Guardians' kill target as well, then there is no real reason for the Warlock to help the Guardians.

If you do this to the Guardians, then they will become the most hated role of this game.
    This is the wrong mindset. This is the mindset of a maniac. If you randomly kill people without hearing anything from their side, then you will undoubtedly kill a potential ally.

If you continue playing with that mindset, you will always lose because you will only increase your enemies in the end by killing your allies.
    If intel was so easy to gain, then what's the point of night chats and day phase in the first place? We might then as well as play an open game where everyone just stabs each other without thinking at all.

Part of the thing what makes KR special is the fact that we cannot gain all information. If you proceed with giving everyone 2 night partners, then it just wouldn't be worth playing the game anymore. You might as well have the host make 55 night chats in N1 and let everyone deceive each other FWIW.

19. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    True true, this would be pretty bad~
    Well, I think a maniac mindset works pretty well in KR! xD

That said, hearing their side is pretty important, you can always schedule the stab at the end of the night phase after all, so there is no need to forfeit the possibility of gaining intel on enemies~

Generally speaking though, I prefer to think of KR as a FFA game instead of a team game, so I think reducing the number of enemies is generally preferred over making a temporary ally~
    *rolls laughing* My idea was to let you have chats with 1/2 the players, just like in normal KR. You still shouldn't have all the info, that would remove all the fun.