Spoiler The Frost Flower Knight / 얼음꽃 기사

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by dunnoperson_, Jan 16, 2022.

1. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    i think it would be a lot better if they had just stuck to the og look (since we as real poc cannot get uncursed lmao) and that wouldve made the novel a lot less generic than it is rn.
    also doesnt help that she changed 180 degrees from "dark", masculine build and muscles to the epitome of feminine which i honestly find quite stupid because her body entirely changed so her muscles are gone, how is she picking up the sword lolll

manhwa character designs for female mcs generall piss me off with how literally white they are but i gloss over it but damn this one was making me super mad lol
    (they could be living in the desert and still be milky white)

also also i love your pfp gwennie best girl

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
  2. Fostofina

Fostofina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would have preferred that she would have stayed with her original looks too. It would have taken it from a generic revenge story to one where the MC has to grapple with an internal conflict and outside prejudice as well. I guess she used her powered up mana to compensate for the muscles but she should at least be fit with lean muscle and not so wiry.

It's so strange how snow white all the heroes usually are while any darker skinned people are usually either literal demons, villains or perverted side characters. Especially considering how most of the asian population isn't so pale. I read before that asian media is more focused on presenting 'perfection' rather than being realistic, but still the inevitable resulting subliminal messaging in these type of portrayals is so bad.

thank you so much <3 It was between Gweenie and Prez

EDIT: Also I literally just noticed that MC is often mocked as an orc. there's literally such a huge debate about how evil orcs are black-coded and if Tolkien created them with a racist attitude in mind, either against black or japanese people.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
  3. manvugu

manvugu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, MC did feel out of place in her "cursed" state when she was at the ball wearing dress and her muscles were bulging up. It didn't look good to me, but I feel bad and I also don't think she's hideous, more like a more masculine woman. I think it would've been fun if she could tap into both of her appearances, but her OG appearance is more appealing to me in the sense that you get genuine reactions from other people. Now that's she's "beautiful" or deemed that by society, it's kind of boring because obviously she'll receive a ton of male attention, everyone (ish) will be smitten. It's predictable, we already see a lot of that on other manhwas. Bet if she had the confidence she could've snag herself a hottie, but , ah, that's not the manhwa/novel's intention. sigh.... I came here mostly wanting to know who's the ML - there's a 99% percent chance is the black haired commander, but it would be fun it was the green/blue haired guy. But his personality is not the serious type, so I wonder how he would fit a commander. Wait, is he also a commander??? Well, honestly I think Blackie fits the ML role for obvious reasons, vibe, demeanour, presence, blabla, and how his relationship with her is being portrayed - already shared moments of privacy, fellowship, etc, etc. But yeah, would be fun to see another twist.

4. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    i cant explain how amazing it wouldve been if they had used her og appearance and how great of a message it wouldve sent out.
    and yes!!! ive also noticed how usually the bad guys tend to be darker (darker than white atleast) but sometimes i really find it funny cause these people be whiter than white people. like removing the outlines, its literally the white background. not even somewhat skin color its WHITE

one of the rare manhwas where characters have actual skin colors is amina of the lamp lmap

Bella94, Jukki, DOHere and 6 others like this.
  5. buttercupsy

buttercupsy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. yoshinoyuuki

yoshinoyuuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh boy, the blonde haired bitch is someone who is from fallen nobility family, she don't have a good skill. That in the end join the Knights to seduce man, especially the black hair man aka captain of black lion. MC will confront the bitch later

7. Bobaaaa

Bobaaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you please Spoiler about the confrontation and does she get punished in some way? And I thought she would be a commoner because she said that she hates nobles :blobconfused:

8. Aksakov229

Aksakov229 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoiler please. :blob_plusone:
    Was the novel really that bad?

9. Pinkchik

Pinkchik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pleaseee someone tell me who is the ML:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

10. saibinu

saibinu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope she takes revenge on the prince and doesn't forgive him - or worse, she falls in love him again.
    I am already bored with the Stockholm Syndrome main female leads...

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    Jukki, Peerly, Blue_C06 and 2 others like this.
  11. miiika2410

miiika2410 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Camping for spoilers :sushi_sigh:

12. adrasteialavien

adrasteialavien Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoilers ab that golden hair bitch pls

13. Kawaii Panda

Kawaii Panda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Camping too. :cookie:Does the vice commander of winter troop will be bad? He kinda had a chance for redemption, especially when that bish gave him the dagger with idk what she did on it, so that he would give it to MC. But then, Chris (vice commander) grab her wrist and become angry, asking what she did on it.

As for the ML, there is a highly potential it would be the Commander of Black Lion(?) I sort of forgot the name but its something with black lol, its the other group that was fighting in frontline together with the winter. You could see it from their early interactions. Most of ML would be like that :blobReach:

I also like the blue haired guy from royalty, the one also had same experience as MC when she was cursed. Cyan, was pointed as a monster who devoured his mother when he was a child. If the Chris, the vice commander not redempt for his jealousy, the vacant vice commander seat would likely to be his. Im pretty sure he'll join at least one of the troop later on, in normal way, there is high possiblity it would be where MC is. From his aura, I had a feeling he would be the 2nd ML. If so, dang xD my kokoro is weak towards 2nd ML's. 2nd Lead Syndrome was about to attack:bloborz:

Bella94, Jukki, Peerly and 4 others like this.
  14. Kashish Bisht

Kashish Bisht Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok I call apas to be wife of the second ML :blobalert:
    Also please keep updating about the vice commander , I really don't want him to take wrong way :blobsad:

15. Vacidious

Vacidious New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The debate over who the ML is interesting.

Cyan (blue hair)is someone who relates the most to the MC. He's already insanely strong. He's been isolated to the same extent of the MC to the point where it drove him away. Only difference is that she was forced to interact with the Prince/Royals because of her position and skill. His playful devil-may care attitude doesn't seem typical with most ML I've read in the past. He met her first and they did not meet on good terms. She acknowledges he's a Swordmaster but he isn't one she knows of within the Kingdom. She did wonder who he was moreso then Kyrant because he's an undeclared Swordmaster. She's also upset at the thought of him leaving her to die because of her looks.

Kyrant (Black Haired Command of the Black Lions) is largely indifferent to the rumors about her and only got interested when he heard she was a swordmaster. He doesn't seem to really care about her looks. Him ignoring the Blonde chick tells me this. His attitude and personality seems to be more in line with the typical MLs (aloof/stoic, strong, honorable, a leader). Met her second. He liked her reasoning behind the joint training and her wanting to surpass him - he smiled at that.

Bella94, torte1315, Jukki and 16 others like this.
  16. pixel alien

pixel alien Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    all the characters are nice and all, but why anyone isn't talking about Eden who is MC's father junior one with long hair

Inasible, Bella94, mitch_97 and 5 others like this.
  17. yureipi

yureipi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm rooting for cyan. Please give some spoilers.

By.Eve, Sehzan and Fostofina like this.
  18. micahkung

micahkung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kyrant (Black Haired Commander of the Black Lions)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
    Bella94, Jukki, Celebrianna and 24 others like this.
  19. Reack

Reack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice hahaah
    Thanks!

Jukki and micahkung like this.
  20. Kawaii Panda

Kawaii Panda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :aww: now I'll mourn for cyan:blobcry::blob_teary:

Dobokan, harmoniche, Rovvo and 3 others like this.