Discussion Kobatochan's Malicious Attack on Meteor Strike Media

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by SlimIcee, Sep 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TangFeng

TangFeng Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened then? This is what I asked my novel discord server what happened to SSS?

2. Szefowo

Szefowo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What about the KCDS response post by MSM from last time? it said the following. makes it sounds like you (kobato) are in wrong.

Neria approached KCDS and asked to become a TL
    KCDS approved and offered a few novels to work on
    KCDS and Neria agreed to start working on SSS
    Neria had substantial difficulty in getting the chapters proofread and raws in a professional and timely manner.
    In the meantime, Neria did want to work on other novels, such as RM
    (Neria/Kobato’s chat logs)

** Note that Neria did not request any payment, only Editors and Proofreaders to assist in the translating process which were not supplied

Neria approached 100WS to translate RM (Neria/Aster0x’s chat logs)
    By the time KCDS was able to provide a long-term proofreader, 1.5 months have past and Neria had found 100WS to assist in the process.
    During this time, Neria realized 100WS has the infrastructure to support working on SSS as well
    Neria approached KCDS to approve working in tandem with 100WS, KCDS approved, and 100WS approved (Neria/Kobato’s Chat Logs, and Neria/Aster0x’s chat logs)
    Agreement: KCDS releases original ‘true’ TLs and 100WS releases ‘westernized’ chapters
    **KCDS did not supply him with raws, and Neria was forced to find his own raws of SSS

Drama:
    KCDS makes demands of 100WS to cede NU ‘turf’ ‘to KCDS and artwork created by 100WS resident artist for his own released chapters
    KCDS has not contributed to the project past chapter 1 and minimal raws, planning to act only as a platform for SSS.
    100WS resident artist requested that artwork only be posted by & for 100WS chapters

Upon review, KCDS did not supply any additional assistance to the project past Chapter 1 and made additional requests/demands of 100WS, including but not limited to: control of NU postings, artwork provided by anonymous artist, merger (with KCDS control) with 100WS.

3. TangFeng

TangFeng Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok that sounds so much fucking worse lol

4. kobatochandaisuki

kobatochandaisuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are modifying or exaggerating some truths to make it look worse but then nevermind, you take their instance and I'm fed up to argue further when there's threads on both sides available. Slander me as much you want, people who would believe you would believe you in any mean and whatever u want.

If anybody wants the truth and facts as they are, you can search and read the both sides and then judge on your good sense.

5. Szefowo

Szefowo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But I never read response in old threads from you that proved this wrong? Why not?

kobatochandaisuki likes this.
  6. TangFeng

TangFeng Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    What? I've written countless number of times so if you can't see that, then you simply didn't want to read them at all and don't care. proofs are on NUF and available to anybody who wants to read, there are threads on both me and 100WS's side and clearly you read only in 100WS's views

8. Szefowo

Szefowo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But your proofs were easily dismissed?

9. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the last time i answer on this thread and will stick to my thread.
    That's how deep my hatred is and how deeply impacted my emotion was.
    You never wish anything bad to someone you hate for various reasons?
    I'm done.

10. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    That's in your mind and what you want to see.
    No answer anymore here, I'll be in my thread. period.

11. Szefowo

Szefowo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So you did something other than recommend the novel to the translator from old post? You didnt ignore for over a month and then get surprised when they look fro help in other ways? You didn't demand for sole NU rights, something that was in the chat logs everyone can read? LOL

12. TangFeng

TangFeng Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not saying that lol, but kinda hard to defend someone who is being accused of ratting out a group to the author when he goes to what he thinks is a private channel and says that they hope more bad *Jinx's* happen to them lol. You can't really tell someone you would never shoot them and then turn around and say you hope they get shot?

Szefowo likes this.
  13. A Wandering Panda

A Wandering Panda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    On September 14, 2019 - 12:31AM Pacific Time Zone, Kobato made the following statement in his discord server.

[​IMG]
    Converting that to Korea time, it's 4:31PM September 14th.

[​IMG]
    Checking the source URL, the post was made on 6:01PM Korea Time [1 hour 30 mins after Kobato]

The topics covered on the post and the writing style were very similar to Kobato.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Only Kobato calls 100 White Salts as 100whitesalts without any space or simply 100WS.

[​IMG]
    [Discord] I saw 100WS now meteor strike talked about the new novel they got.
    [​IMG]
    [Forum] I... found the once renowned meteor-strike (originally an illegal translation group called 100whitesalt)

[​IMG]

[Discord] A novel that's not great as i've already read and dropped
    [Forum] Is this really the novel I read? (I did drop it midway)

[Discord] I dunno why they make a new cover page that looks ugly as fuck
    [Forum] the cover art they made looks really weird

[Discord] And their cover looks like Big Daddy from Bioshock but in a fucking space
    [Forum] If so, why is it like some kind of comic horror + space bioshock? ROLF

Kobato has always stated his strong hatred towards 100 White Salt / Meteor Strike Media
    [​IMG]

He also talks about how the novel was mistranslated without even caring to read what the novel is about.
    [​IMG]

SlimIcee has stated that
    I've asked a Korean TL from a scanlation group to give me a summary of the novel and she said that Warlord is not a proper way to translate the novel as the story revolves around normal civilians bearing arms to fight against a hoard of monsters without any support from the powerless government & military.

Militia by definition is a military force that is raised from the civil population to supplement a regular army in an emergency.
    Warlord by definition is a military commander, especially an aggressive regional commander with individual autonomy.

Since the novel focuses on growing one's military force to fight against the monsters, I also believe Warlord is a poor translation and that Kobato was wrong.

Kobato's defense so far has been that he doesn't know how to get browsing history of his computer and when people taught him how he said that he cleans the history every day because of family member.
    All he has presented were weak excuses and we still haven't seen any solid evidence as to why he doesn't have ANY REASON to rant against MSM as he has a history of doing so in his discord server.

If he can fluently speak Korean, what stops him from ranting on the Korean forum posts? His only excuses was that he never uses any forum sites except NU [being one of the biggest forum sites for novel discussion].

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    Szefowo likes this.
  14. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    At the end of the day it's all just accusations one after another.

Take it to Court if you really mean business.

This drama reeks of personal grudges & lust for money.

kenar, kobatochandaisuki and GDLiZy like this.
  15. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    It's normal to curse the people who make your life hell. Pretty sure you would do the same if you're accused of doing something bad when you didn't do it and rallying people to attack you. The only difference is whether you make it public or not. That screenshot was from Kobato's discord, is it not? It is a private matter, with his friends.

I too have cursed people who pissed me off, during a drinking bout with friends. That Julia from corporate once kicked me off the promotion ladder by spreading lies about me to the big boss, stating that a mistake in the previous month's merchandising was my fault. I didn't even know that I was supposed to be working with her on that one. That company was just shit at keeping track of who worked on what.

p/s: I'm not saying Kobato didn't do it. It's quite possible that Kobato did do it. However, the 'evidence' is very weak. The former prime minister of Malaysia, Najib Tun Razak, is currently using the same argument, that the prosecution fail to provide evidence that prove without a doubt that he's responsible. They know he did it, but they can't prove that he was responsible for it. He said, and I quote, "The onus is on you, who made the claim to provide evidence that I am aware of such dealings."

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    AliceShiki, AKIKAN, kenar and 3 others like this.
  16. Beholder

Beholder New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's public discord. Avaible on his website. So I wouldn't say it's "private with his friends". Especially since anyone can join it and see it for themselves.

Szefowo likes this.
  17. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    still in their discord group. it's not like kobato ranting on msm's discord group.

Ai chan likes this.
  18. A Wandering Panda

A Wandering Panda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, but he's probably banned from MSM's discord group.
    Doesn't stop him from having alts in the server, but his main account probably can't join.

19. Beholder

Beholder New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. It's his discord but as it's publicly avaible I wouldn't call it private. If it was his discord without publicly avaible invite then pulling it from that kind of server would be shitty move. There he can rant and whatever.
    But wishing the group to just cease to exist where his readers are isn't too professional.

20. Antonyn

Antonyn New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am inclined to give the benefit of the doubt to the accused.

Not to mention working it out, outside of the public sphere so that it doesn't get as messy.
    Granted, KCDS did that before, and I don't really fault you for doing it this time either.

So, the way I took this, is that, this is merely a warning to KCDS to cease and desist such actions, and if such actions persist, there will be an escalation using legal means. There is still no definitive proof provided other than similarity in posting, so fact finding will need to happen if it goes further than this.

That is how I am understanding this, and you're well within your rights to do so.
    Hopefully KCDS was not the one that did so, and it was merely a troll copy-pasting things. Still bad, but it really is hard to prove such a case definitively.

I'll say good luck to you too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.