Kobato's defense

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by kobatochandaisuki, Sep 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    How did the posting times match up between discord and that forum ?
    As well on that other thread, after kobato there were two separate 2 or 3 digit numbers, but there were two different sets for accounts named 'kobato', what do those numbers mean?
    I mean, either it sounds like you were set up and framed, or you had a somewhat self-destructive lapse of judgement.

And as much as I like your novel translations, the argument of 'It's too idiotic to do something that dumb, thus I didn't do it', just isn't good enough much of the time, as that can be countered 'Just because noone would do something that idiotic, noone would consider them for actually having done it', thus making it a circle argument.
    I'm assuming you're using a browser that has a history cache ? Go to the specific times for the post in your log and take screenshots of it and post them.
    If you were doing a lot of things at that time and the minutes don't show you visiting the site then, and no 'somewhat suspicious timegaps' around that time, unless you have some other timelogs of what you were doing, or if you were playing and can get someone to corroborate your story or similarly, then you're pretty much clear.

If you're unable or unwilling to share those details, then you'll have to come up with some other way of convincing the currently swayable people if you care about public opinion.

Though considering this is a longer history of events, posting a record of all those events with brief summaries and end results as you know them might be helpful.

Or well, you can let them say what they want, confident that they'll be unable to convince enough people to believe them to affect you or not.

It depends on how serious you want to take it.

On the internet or social media more commonly, first reveal catches the most attention, and unless their argument has a lot of loopholes or they sound a bit too full of themselves, those impressions stick.

Innocent until proven guilty, but they've presented something that makes you appear guilty, thus you either need to debunk that proof or present your own.
    Social justice on the internet nowadays is not pretty.

OwnerBu likes this.
  2. kobatochandaisuki

kobatochandaisuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you but somehow, I just couldn't let this go unspoken...

3. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    A history cache? How do we check that..?
    Also, very soon after i ranted in my discord, I was off because I had my family's guests and i was with my family and the guests the whole day today until late...i discover all this at night

4. SugarHighWolf

SugarHighWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wasn't going to reply but I'm both bored and a believer in "innocent until proven guilty". I don't know either side nor do I know any of their history other then what is posted in both threads.

What I see is that someone did some venting in their discord but its open to the public. So "someone" took what was posted on the discord and then posted something similar on a korean forum that will obviously be seen by the other party. Basically, its all "he said, she said" BS.

I love conspiracy theories and I'm very bored, so why don't we say that the other thread people had someone in the discord that saw the discord post and decided to start drama by doing a cut n paste, then SS'd everything and came here to start something by blaming you for it all.

There is ZERO proof that you posted on the korean forum and it is VERY easy to make a user name. You have said your piece, my advice is to get offline and go do something else. Haters won't believe you and most people simple don't care. You are getting worked up over nothing and honestly, all of this could have been started on purpose to cause you stress.

5. OwnerBu

OwnerBu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you say it was me? Ha then I did it, let the world hate me for what I've done. Let the world hate me for such a weird coincidence. But I would never try and prove myself innocent, why? Because I am in fact guilty. Guilty of the crime that my wording sounds way too close to the Korean version. Guilty for the fact the timing is too coincidental. There's too much bad blood between the both of us. So why don't I just say I'm guilty and be done with it. I would never be emotionally shatter. I would come out and no matter if I'm in the wrong or in the right. I would say I'm guilty.

6. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    Moreover the korean forum doesn't say kobato but says ㅇㅇ for all anynymous people (like 4chan saying anonymous).
    But the guus replaced that and put kobato in all their claim to make look that every anonymous is me

7. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    Whoa whoa, hold the phone. "Everything is guilty until proven innocent." No, that is absolutely a horrible mindset to have. It's why false rape allegations cause the damage they do. Kobato could be innocent, and could not be. But until then, we take it as he is innocent.

8. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    I won't say i'm guilty when i'm innocent.

9. OwnerBu

OwnerBu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm maybe I do have a horrible mindset, I always assume everything in the world is against me. In this world? Only I can trust myself. So like I said, "Everything is guilty until proven innocent". It's just my mind set. And I agree with you Kobato could be innocent. But it's not exactly like we're setting up a trial and jury here to decided if he is innocent or not.

10. lordbeirut

lordbeirut Emperor of Perdition

Reading List:
    Link
    You can't prove a negative. The burden of proof is always with the accuser, not the accused. No one should need to prove their innocence, the accuser must instead prove their guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  11. Delirious

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, I don't care how you feel. Take that emo shit elsewhere. You're right, this isn't a jury. But it is a public place and allegations are judged by your peers. Even though I think Kobato handled this poorly, he is still innocent until the other party claiming him otherwise has indefinite proof he is in fact guilty. That's why it falls upon Kobato to prove his innocence.

12. Delirious

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course you can. If someone claims you did something, but you have proof you didn't, you just proved the negative wrong and it proves your innocence. You don't go into a courtroom, and only let the accuser talk, do you? No, you defend yourself and try and prove that you're innocent.

13. OwnerBu

OwnerBu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not saying Kobato is guilty nor am I saying he's not guilty. All I am saying is no matter what proof he comes up with handling it poorly shines a bad light on him. My point is just I think everyone's guilty until Kobato manage to prove himself innocent. I am agreeing with you. Why are you angry?

14. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    It's probably right i might have handled and reacted poorly but I don't see how else I should have done while I would still feel okay and moreover, like I said, i'm broken mentally and emotionally due to thsi so i just couldn't find anything better...it's too late anyway but I'm innocent and I have to say this or I wouldn't be able to bear staying unspoken

15. Delirious

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not angry, I just think you're confused and don't what you're talking about. "I think everyone's guilty until" by saying this, you are NOT agreeing with me. It's not that hard of a concept bucko.

16. lordbeirut

lordbeirut Emperor of Perdition

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course, I defend myself. But I'm not legally required to provide proof with regards to my innocence. Again, the Burden of Proof lies with the accuser, not the accused. It's the principle of defamation suits, or in this case Libel since it's a published statement. When accused of something, the accuser must provide proof that verifies the accusation, otherwise, they can be sued for calumny and defamation. If I call someone a prostitute, that person has 0 obligations to provide proof that she's not one. I, on the other hand, MUST provide proof backing my statement, or be sued into oblivion.

17. Xigua

Xigua Unknown member

Reading List:
    Link
    Apparently, you have never faced the United States' judicial system.

Ghost_Spawn likes this.
  18. A Wandering Panda

A Wandering Panda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As an outsider, I have to ask. Did the other group ever contact you recently? Did you have any sort of interaction with them that made you angry enough to rant about their licensed work?

To be fair, I believe this was brought up because you said something on your discord server that led to the Korean post being made.
    Neither party liked each other and what you said only added fuel to the so-called drama incident.

19. EggyIsBestGrill

EggyIsBestGrill Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn. Tough guy.
    It's like I'm back in freshman year in high school.
    Been a while since I've seen someone so edgy, naive, and ignorant of society with such a childish mindset.

Ghost_Spawn, kenar and Delirious like this.
  20. Delirious

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao. By defending yourself, you by default are trying to prove them wrong, and what's the best what to do that? By proving you're innocent. You literally do not go into a courtroom and say " your honor, I'm innocent,". While the other person shows proof of what he is accusing you of and that's all you do. That's what this is. The other party, whether it is factually true, is unknown, has shown some kind of proof Kobato did something. While Kobato's response has only been " I didn't do nuffin". Again, this doesn't mean Kobato is guilty. But to prove he is innocent, he needs to actually prove that, right?

This whole situation is just comedy really, so it's nothing serious. But that's the gist of it. Sure, Kobato isn't required to do anything. But he can't just go "I'm innocent!" and expect people to believe him, correct?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.