Kobato's defense

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by kobatochandaisuki, Sep 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kobatochandaisuki

kobatochandaisuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    below is the translation I did for the said korean forum because MSM's translation seems arranged to make things even worse: https://gall.dcinside.com/mgallery/board/view/?id=tgijjdd&no=198524

ㅇㅇ (83.88) *original post/thread writer* > "I was looking around in foreign novel communities and it seems the Metero-strike that was also got known here once (guys originally called 100whitesalts doing unauthorized translation) did buy the "World Greatest Militia". They say they are going to translate and sell it very soon but when I see the cover they made, it kind of look really weird lolololol.
    Even the title is ' World Greatest Militia' lol (while if directly translated, 'History's Strongest Warlord' is correct)
    And I thought it was a certain cosmic horror + space version of Bio Shock lolololol
    is this really the novel I read? (Tho I dropped it mid-way)
    But it is a bit suspicious the author is not Calten90 but 'Calten Park'. Did the author Calten90 really authorize this? no idea/confused
    But if this is real, it is impressive that it got purchased huh. but wasn't the novel not that popular?

Comments Below:
    카아알 *probably the author Calten*: Hello! First of all, it is correct that we signed the contract! Currently, we are writing the contract, sending the files and the translation process is on its way! As for the cover, it seems to me that it might be due to it giving a different impression from the korean one but... as I'm no expert in the North American market ㅠㅠ I'm leaving it to whom I have signed the contract with as for now.
    As for the pen name, I wanted to use Calten90 like here in Korea but since they advised me to use a pen name that looks kind of better looking pen name (?) in prevision of the possible events that may be...After thoughts, I've put my last name at the end of it. (Actually, just putting Calten would look more proper)
    > ㅇㅇ (68.183): But it does look a bit disturbing to sign with somewhere who did pirate translation. It's like what the Chinks did...like making a lot of money off with a pirate version of a game and then buying the rights afterward **yes, the comment says "chinks", a very pejorative way to call the chinese people and no, it doesn't mean mobsters at all**

카아알: Ah but could you perhaps tell me exactly which foreign novel community, please? because I don't know much about the foreign sides...
    > ㅇㅇ(68.183): seems he's talking about Reddit
    > ㅇㅇ(211.36): Wow! Congratulation, a foreign tranlation version
    > ㅇㅇ(83.77): I've read it on a place called Novelupdate. The so Metero-strike was advertising themselves tho?
    > ㅇㅇ(83.77): But the reputation doesn't seem so good. would that be alright?

ㅇㅇ(162.243): Those bastards are vicious ones LMAO when I've watched they were guys who did trash talk behind people's back and not afraid of lying lol
    Now when you see how they talk as if they were nice, they seem to think they are superior
    And they were saying they do rewrites as if it was because the korean authors lack **the diversity of** expressions tho?
    > ㅇㅇ(162.243): But it seems they don't have the ressources enough to sign with authors who works with Managements (moreover they are not so well-known) so it looks they are thinking about doing business with gullible authors without managements. **Managements are companies that act like publishing houses**

ㅇㅇ(162.243): Even the precedent time I saw, they were fighting with another translation team but it came out all clearly that they backstabbed and lied first lol
    >ㅇㅇ(162.243): Also, they act very often as if they know a lot when they actually don't know much. It almost would make the author pitiful **in other world, make me feel sorry about him as the MSM version says*

ㅇㅇ(223.39): the cover looks okay
    > 삐꽁개: I also think the cover looks okay...I guess this is a just a malicious post
    > ㅇㅇ(68.183): What malicious post? lol people all have different tastes
    does saying 'this is not to my taste' make it automatically malicious? lol
    But isn't the real point the fact that they are guys who were doing pirate translation, rather than the cover? For me, it looks kind of outrageous.

EggyIsBestGrill likes this.
  2. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    MSM supporters and slimicee is also mentionning about how I edited and lie about the discord chat log that happened in the previous drama but I already said the chat importer i used was simply ones that did not work correctly as it was apparently obsolete (G3 cube was it? or whatever it was) and the chat log was not only short, but it was also very broken. I did provide a full and not-broken chat log with a new chat importer after and informed but they still slander me with that. now, Neria did erase all of his chat but I think i still have the full log.
    But then what does that have to do with this?

Also, why did the MSM replace all ㅇㅇ in the korean forum by "kobato"? there's different identifiants (codes behind the ㅇㅇ) and moreover, they are all anonymous like 4chan. And the translation is very arranged to make things look worse and leading to think it's me.
    And if this was really me, why would i talk about pirate/unauthorize translation when almost all of us on NU is in that area?
    MSM and their supporters make me sound as if I make drama with everybody just for the sake of making dramas. I do not. And all translation groups that never seeked troubles with me, I never had any issues with them and I believe i have a fairly good relation with them (if not neutral because i simply haven't talked with them). Except with those who seeked for troubles, I never had any problems with anyone!
    But then again, what does this have to do? I always did moves after incidents, it is my principle to react but not act first. MSM signing contract would make me jealous at most but then what? the signing thing was not a direct aggression or attack they did on me so all I did was to rant in my group's chat like I always do (complaining or ranting in my group's chat). nothing more!

Even if the post in the korean forum looks as if it was copy+pasted from my whining in my group's chat, why would I do something so obvious and that would lead to me? i'm rarely online and even if i did, it's just to give a quick look at things and no more. I simply don't want to bother any further in anything.
    Moreover, I was doing better because my group got new translators and I thought my group was going to rise again. But this happens. It even makes me think this might even be a scheme against me because really, I didn't want anything and especially not to be in the center of polemics when i found ways to maybe solve our own issues and move over things.
    It's been years (probably around 10 yrs in total) I've been in the translation, from the glorious scanlation time with batoto and even now with novel translation but this is just killing me. Why does this have to become this toxic?
    Every time i reacted, it was solely for my group and me when facing aggressions or troubles. And now this is brought.
    I try to avoid getting involved in anything but why do i have to get involved once again and again? Why do you have to get me involved?
    I also barely check NUF except for recruitment for most of the time and I barely do or say anything so why me again?
    Sorry for being emotional but I'm seriously lost and I'm really fed up of all this. But I'm still too prideful probably to let myself go unspoken.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    don't mind me

I lack motivation ability to investigate~
    raccoon bread.jpg

4. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    It's really hard to get this thing out of my mind.
    MSM claim I did slander them and did all this scheme thingy (which I did not) but then they simply don't hesitate to slander me and make false claims about the current situation + about what happened before in a precedent drama.
    Really fucked up. Why do i have to bear their slander and defamation towards me? They are real assholes from the very beginning, saying they are professional but my ass they are professional.
    Where I am, if I were to bring this case to the court, I would be fucking dismissed at the very same instance and be asked to grow up and get over about such things on internet. They threaten me to file a suit for something I did not.
    Is this where the novel things are going? Really, it's so boiling down inside me but it's driving me crazy I can't do anything against them.
    I cannot wish anything good for them for what they do and did to me. I curse them although some may think this is not mature or whatever but then they brought me in this fucking mud again so F them. At least I have the freedom to curse those who affords to mess with me.

5. A Wandering Panda

A Wandering Panda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're only adding fuel to the fight for no reason. My best advice is to just move on and don't think about them. No one is saying you can't rant, but whoever was listening decided to make a post that lead to this so-called drama. Your actions had consequences, whether intended or not, so you are partly responsible for it [Once again, not just you but others too].
    Focus on what you do as those series are legit dying. If you don't have any plans to work on certain series, announce they'll be dropped so that other groups can pick them up. There's no need to shoulder everything and cry about how life is difficult. It's a choice of commitment to make.

Bad Storm likes this.
  6. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you don't know what is going on on my side but you still speak on my behalf somehow.
    First of all, i always stated that groups are open to come to me and speak/negociate about pick ups. Nobody actually did but still go on blaming me.
    Second, i got new translators and even one older TLer who got back from MIA. So I do and did my things on my side way before you say anything. But you probably don't care about that anyway. You are putting the responsibility on me even if partially saying i'm the cause, etc etc. Then the cause of this drama should go way back to the last drama which was caused by 100Whitesalts aka MSM so they are the origin of everything then? If they didnt mess with me and create troubles, and that that didnt make me hate them and rant in my space which may have incited someone who decided to write a post and then making MSM slander me.

7. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure which browser you're using, but i'll give an example for chrome.
    See the three vertical dots on the top right corner ? Press them, then choose history tab and then history again, or alternatively just use ctrl-h.
    Then either scroll down until the list of sites you visited or refreshed with the timelog to the side until you reach the time you're looking for. If the log is pretty full with new entries every few minutes, and you were visiting some sites a lot at that time, and there isn't any conspicious gap of ... long enough at the described times, then screenshot it and post it. Or you can search in history based on some keyword, either site or just word that comes up on several sites. If you previously cleared your cache, there might be some way of retrieval, but i'm not that sure about them personally.
    Additionally, one of things I mentioned which I was curious about is the whole kobato (aaa , bbb) and kobato (ccc , ddd) numbers that I saw on the other thread. What exactly did those numbers mean ? I'm assuming you're atleast familiar with the site, and if you are, you could probably share your own pair of numbers to confirm your account.

Basically, if you didn't do it and you care enough to use some effort to prove them as framing you, it's possible. That's all depending on whether you care enough for public opinion and want to help it along, or if they later on use it when and if they actually try a court case against you, in which case you're much more likely to want to have a good defence.

8. A Wandering Panda

A Wandering Panda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried to help but you clearly have issues.
    Shrugs, I'm not going to dwell on this topic, it's giving me Amy's Baking Company flashbacks.

9. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    I see what you mean. Sorry but I don't have the history log anymore as all cache, cookies history and everything is cleared up every day automatically. And I have no idea how to retrieve them.
    First of all, it's not written kobato on that forum but ㅇㅇ (double O in korean) as nicknames (like "anonymous" in 4chan).
    But then I'm not so familiar with that forum although I know it's the biggest in Korea but I never was interested to be active in a forum (and even NUF I'm barely here except for recruitement for most of the time) so I don't know much other than its existence...
    So I don't know what those numbers refer to as I've never used that forum and never cared to know more about it. So even less likely I have a number since I don't use it. The things I check with a browser are very selective anyway: news, naver webtoon, namuwiki and sad panda ( and even webtoon, i tend to read them on mobile with an app. And Munpia or any novels, I also use the mobile app to read them).

10. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    HELP? no, it's not helping me at all when you add lines that look like you are trying to make me look or feel guilty although you are doing in a subtle way. I can see it. Also, all your comments about this issue on this thread or the MSM's one, it leads to make think that you have taken their sides and give them reasons. So your intention is not to help me. You thought I was that stupid?
    And no, it's not because I disagree with you that it makes me ABC (Amy's Baking Company). You are the one who have issues if you see ABC flashbacks here and if you clearly can't differentiate this or that, it means either you don't know the ABC problem but just know as a meme or you don't know this issue at all or you are the one having issues, making things worse. If disagreeing with you makes ABC, then half of the world is ABC then (sidenote: I've watch the ABC eposide, even the re-visit episode + not just that episode but the whole season so I know what it is about).
    I did recognize my weaknesses and flaws, even mistakes I did but that doesn't mean I'll also accept fallacious claims or negatives against me like a donkey.

11. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    And moreover, your intention becomes even more clear when you repeat the responsibility and cause is me, etc etc
    You say get over with it but how you write it, it is in no way it looks with a good intention like other members did. You sound more like that I should just abandon and be defeated. That's the vibe you give along with everything you write.
    So you can shrug how many you want, that's not going to make me look guilty or whatever.

12. TangFeng

TangFeng Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh, SlimIce/Meteor made like 2-3 post about the whole topic to just let the community know, while you have made over 20 to 30 about this. I would just stop replying for while, make a nicely formatted post to consolidate everything and to stop replying after.

13. TangFeng

TangFeng Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also your browser history shouldn't be cleaned up every single day, that makes no sense? Want me to help you on discord? My tag is TangFeng0001

14. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    So me being more communicative and responsive is a problem? I don't see why that would be a problem because that's just how I am...

15. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    well, why shouldn't it be? moreover, it's a shared pc with my family and we always did this way. I don't know why I have to change something being done in my family because of today's incident. + I'm more on mobile except for things I need a pc to work on
    And what help do you mean, please?

16. TangFeng

TangFeng Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    already answered but here again:
    That's how deep my hatred is and how deeply impacted my emotion was.
    You never wish anything bad to someone you hate for various reasons?
    I let go my emotions in my group's discord so what? You did come expressly in my group's discord for that? Any more "evidences" on me or whatever that is to turn it against me?

18. TangFeng

TangFeng Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    already answered but here again:
    I'm not saying that lol, but kinda hard to defend someone who is being accused of ratting out a group to the author when he goes to what he thinks is a private channel and says that they hope more bad *Jinx's* happen to them lol. You can't really tell someone you would never shoot them and then turn around and say you hope they get shot?

19. OwnerBu

OwnerBu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you seriously still going on about this? man people have moved on faster from relationships then I realize. Slimicee just posted one thing and reply to two other comments but you're still trying to defend yourself every comment? I think you should just be like tang said, stop replying for a while. Think about something else.

20. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    MSM did make a claim against me and slandered me on the same way, so I'm the one who got shot in public. You never rage or express anger? If they have issues with me, they just have to come to me and face me instead of letting other to talk for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.