Kobato's defense

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by kobatochandaisuki, Sep 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Szefowo

Szefowo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But last time they try talking to you, didnt you run to forums to make a slander post against them? What reason do they have to trust you a second time...

2. kobatochandaisuki

kobatochandaisuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you seriously still here on as well about this and commenting so much as well? man, people have moved on faster from this issue or thread than I realize. Many people just comment one thing or reply to two others but you're still here to slander me or make me look back but you're still making yourself look the good and right one in every comment? I think you should just move on if you want to move on so much and stop staying in this thread. Think about something else.

3. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    I did try talking with them, tried being friendly and seek a way to cooperate but they refused to talk nor cooperate soon after I got to know I was tricked and lied. They made fake promises just to fool me. So I did release in public because I won't let myself be fucked over. a slander post? No, I just released facts.
    What reasons do people have to trust you when there's posts all over about it on NUF? Wait, no you just can't see it because you see only what you want to see. Unless being too lazy to look into it or already taking sides, it's up and all open.

4. OwnerBu

OwnerBu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your are right, why shouldn't I make myself look edgy and cool and awesome in every comment? Should I make myself look pathetic, broken and sad about everything I post? Should I make myself look logical and back up my arguments with facts and proof. Well I should definitely do 2/3 of those options. I think you should choose 2/3 too. Plus I'm bored and I'm here to mess with you. It's what being a shut in means. Maybe I should change my username to that. hm? HAHAHA

5. TangFeng

TangFeng Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Use voice dictation to respond faster

6. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    You are just blabbering after all the non-sense you already spouted. You can keep doing your rhetorics, cool boy chuunibyou, I don't care anymore about you.

7. Szefowo

Szefowo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Instead of responding to this, respond to our others valid questions.

8. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    Which question? I though i already answered to your comments and others

9. A Wandering Panda

A Wandering Panda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what?
    Am I the only one seeing the contradiction here?
    They can't do this but I can?
    So what if people talk about you, just ignore it.

10. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    1. No contradiction because I just asked the intention of whom I replied. Never said they shouldn't.
    2. I was the one who was being questionned in the first so i replied with that. You don't even consider the context.

11. A Wandering Panda

A Wandering Panda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    On September 14, 2019 - 12:31AM Pacific Time Zone, Kobato made the following statement in his discord server.

[​IMG]
    Converting that to Korea time, it's 4:31PM September 14th.

[​IMG]
    Checking the source URL, the post was made on 6:01PM Korea Time [1 hour 30 mins after Kobato]

The topics covered on the post and the writing style were very similar to Kobato.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Only Kobato calls 100 White Salts as 100whitesalts without any space or simply 100WS.

[​IMG]
    [Discord] I saw 100WS now meteor strike talked about the new novel they got.
    [​IMG]
    [Forum] I... found the once renowned meteor-strike (originally an illegal translation group called 100whitesalt)

[​IMG]

[Discord] A novel that's not great as i've already read and dropped
    [Forum] Is this really the novel I read? (I did drop it midway)

[Discord] I dunno why they make a new cover page that looks ugly as fuck
    [Forum] the cover art they made looks really weird

[Discord] And their cover looks like Big Daddy from Bioshock but in a fucking space
    [Forum] If so, why is it like some kind of comic horror + space bioshock? ROLF

Kobato has always stated his strong hatred towards 100 White Salt / Meteor Strike Media
    [​IMG]

He also talks about how the novel was mistranslated without even caring to read what the novel is about.
    [​IMG]

SlimIcee has stated that

I've asked a Korean TL from a scanlation group to give me a summary of the novel and she said that Warlord is not a proper way to translate the novel as the story revolves around normal civilians bearing arms to fight against a hoard of monsters without any support from the powerless government & military.

Militia by definition is a military force that is raised from the civil population to supplement a regular army in an emergency.
    Warlord by definition is a military commander, especially an aggressive regional commander with individual autonomy.

Since the novel focuses on growing one's military force to fight against the monsters, I also believe Warlord is a poor translation and that Kobato was wrong.

Kobato's defense so far has been that he doesn't know how to get browsing history of his computer and when people taught him how he said that he cleans the history every day because of family member.
    All he has presented were weak excuses and we still haven't seen any solid evidence as to why he doesn't have ANY REASON to rant against MSM as he has a history of doing so in his discord server.

If he can fluently speak Korean, what stops him from ranting on the Korean forum posts? His only excuses was that he never uses any forum sites except NU [being one of the biggest forum sites for novel discussion].

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    Szefowo likes this.
  12. Szefowo

Szefowo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wow, this is impressive investigation. Makes kobato look more suspicious...

13. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    What's more suspicious is that it looks "too obvious" since I did not do that.

1. why would I write a post in a korean forum 1 hour and a half later my discord? wouldn't I either write earlier if I did it on a whim, or in a much later date to not leave any suspicion towards me? Also, why would I write something similar on both discord and the korean forum? That would only lead to me and ruin my reputation. Why would I do something that would obviously lead to me? But of course, you are not going to question that because you're convinced it's me anyway so whatever you see, you will only see me in there.

2.Only Kobato write 100 White Salts as 100WhiteSalts or 100WS? That's the stupidest logic you could bring. Why should I bother with spaces or whatever it is when I write a name? Why can't I just say WS to shorten it? Then I should ask you why you refer me as only Kobato when the exact name is "KobatoChanDaiSuki" (and don't forget the capital letters). Also, kids, remember that you have to write all copyrighted and corporate names like NINTENDO in all capital letters. RIDICULUOUS. and if the post was not written by me, then it should be someone who copied my text so it's kind of normal the name was also copied although the s was missing in the korean forum. wait...the s is missing and the capital letters are also missing! That's not how I write! So that can't be me, right???

3. I'm just talking about the new novel, the post in korean forum talks about pirate/unauthorized/illegal translation. What did your brain process??? Is that the same thing????????? Moreover, be it 100WS or me or a huge majority of the translation community belongs to that category. Why would I spit in my own face by using such term? And that puts everybody including me in the same boat. And you see that as a proof it's me? if not, what is your intention???

4. if copied from my discord, of course it would say more or less the same thing anyway. Dropped or not dropped. So if I said I didn't drop or the post saying it did read until the end, then it would mean it wasn't me then? ridiculous again.

5. same as point 4. ugly or weird whatever. No, I think it's ugly as F so I would never say just weird for sure. Ridiculuous.

6. same as 4 and 5, you just make me repeat since it's a post (i did not write) that takes from my discord. *facepalm*
    But hey, why you can't see such obvious thing when you see "obvious things" everywhere? Ohhh right. Selective is the word. right.

7. about the warlod:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Even in the novel, IIRC the MC says the country is shattered and powerless so he'll become the warlord (군벌).
    Building a regional power. Within a country that's falling. Said by the MC. It's not because he fights monsters that being a warlord is denied. If you say so, as figthing monsters is all he do, he must be like a "hunter" with a special power. wow.
    If the word "warlord" looks not good enough, then let's say "military clique" then. Also, Militia is 민병대.
    MC is building a power/a group within the nation and to reign over.
    the 군벌시대 is also translated as the Warlord Era (google it), where there were militaristic cliques/ warlords.
    Even if you look in examples given or taken from texts, 군벌 is warlord/warlords.
    If you really insist I'm also wrong, then let's say it's "military clique". Moreover, the MC is not just building an army.

8. If I hate = I did it???? fantastic logic. speechless. so if anything will happen again, everything is me behind then? because I haaaate so much I'll make sure everything that happens to you will be me scheming. Sure. Wait, MSM/100WS hates me so what everything bad towards me is them behind I guess. You must be sent by MSM. Ok, good enough.

9. Well, there was a confusion during the time I was mentally broken and somewhat panicking so I misunderstood but then as I've gradually taken my composure, I got to see what the kind guy who advised me kindly said. But so what if a shared pc has something that cleans all the cache and such? doesn't mean it's me who does that or who had installed or made anything for so.
    It's like my server, I got help from a friend to build it because I have no idea about the backend things and stuffs, etc. But with your logic, since I have a server and a website, so automatically, I should know how to code and build a sever and host a website! Not even plugins, not even provided widgets! All me, me and me.

10. Well, what solid evidence do you have other than that post to say it's me? And why should I provide more evidence to prove my innocence? Moreover, I was away the whole time anyway when all this happened. Why did I not monitor all the things or why did I not take more time to scheme and make things more subtle and discret? Obviously you didn't even consider that but you see what you want to see, you interpret everything the way you want things to be. You decided that the culprit was me so you build everything around me to say I'm the guy who did, I'm the guy who lies, I'm I'm and I'm.

11. Am I the only one who speaks fluent korean? Hey, you have korean speakers too, so what tells me that you are not actually the ones who created this to slander me? If it was written in dutch, arabic or spanish, it wouldn't be me? But wait... but what does dutch have to do in a korean forum???

Believe whatever you want, you are convinced of something so I know whatever I say, you will only think the opposite way. I think I've answered enough to a wall. Up to the people to believe in what they want to. There's stances in both sides.
    But hey, funny how MSM and MSM supporters claim I did defamation and slanders but they just end up slandering me. And they still have the audacity to brag about professionalism or maturity.

14. Beholder

Beholder New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just made account to mention one thing...
    MSM has direct contact with the author. The author knows about the fucking title and accepted it. And he loves the cover page.

You bitching about the title makes 0 fucking sense as it's basically arguing with author that the English title is bad.
    From what was said he is building military group from commoners thus militia fits... But as I said, MSM has direct contact with author who speaks English and Korean. So please stop giving whatever excuses that you have to the title translation.

Also about 9.. You were just asked about browsing history.. Not about setting up website yourself or anything. Even kids know about browsing history, how to access it and remove stuff from it for obvious reasons.

And 11. It's written in Korean. "But wait... but what does dutch have to do in a korean forum???" As you said... what does it have to do with Korean forum.
    Please get off internet as you are having meltdown of your tiny brain.

Edit. "World's strongest military clique" sounds terrible. Before you try to provide different names for something next time.. try to see if it sounds at least passable before writing it down.
    But seeing this and other stuff... I doubt you are good at coming with good names for stuff like this.

15. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    re-7: just said what I thought was correct and ranted. My bad but I have the freedom of expression, as much as all of you do take it freely.
    Also, I didn't say military clique cuz warlord sounds more fit and correct in my opinion when I ranted. that's all. but still not a proof that the post was done by me. Also, all the more tells me 군벌 is translated generally in any case into Warlord. But well, you don't care so give it to a wall.

re-9: it just means that not because there's something setup, means that I know how to do it or whatever. I took it as example but seems it went above your head. And I clearly said I was not in the state of mind to understand correctly and recognized I misunderstood.
    But seems you are a perfect human who never fails or do mistakes maybe?

re-11: seems the irony or sarcasm went above your head as well. not because it is written in korean in a korean forum that it's me, i said.
    but no, you can't understand.
    You talk about tiny brain but γνῶθι σεαυτόν (google it).
    Well, you also clearly see and interpret the way you want to. Unlike some A-holes, I recognized my errors and mistakes so I'm done. But still, not going to admit things i'm simply innocent. You are not going to shove it in my mouth.

PS: MADE AN ACCOUNT JUST FOR ONE THING. HMM NOT SO SUSPICIOUS AT ALL. BUT I'M THE ONLY SUSPICIOUS ONE HERE, right? I see.

16. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    I only made my account about three years ago but I'll side with kobato on this one according to my gut feeling.

17. Beholder

Beholder New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm introvert. :"D And honestly most I wanted to say was about authors connection to them and accepting the English title mostly.

About 7: "If the word "warlord" looks not good enough, then let's say "military clique" then. " I was pointing at this as it doesn't sound good. :p Warlord sounds better when compared between those two but I feel "militia" fits story.

About 9: It was way overblown for an example with the rant nature of it. And I do lots of fuckups IRL. So I ain't perfect.

About 11: I'm terrible with sarcasm/irony >>" So yeah. And I just was biting at the part with languages.

And I'm not saying it is you who did it. I just honestly don't care tbh.
    I know what I think about this situation and what was shown. I was just reading through to see if there's any solid things coming up as I'm bored after exams in college.

Should the situation be treated differently imo? Yes. It should be more as announcements to groups that there may be bad stuff being said about them on Korean forums.
    What do I think about who made those posts? It's for myself as it really doesn't matter in this case.

I didn't say in the previous post that it is or isn't you that made those posts. I was just pointing at the parts of that long ass post.
    And I won't say who is in the right because there's too little known. And I think it should be treated differently too as I mentioned.

18. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    Militia sounds ugly to me. But seemgly my opinion is wrong all the time, certain people say (not just you) so okay, i'm wrong and wrong. No Warlord, just militia cuz it's sound cool and the author said okay (tho even the korean forum, you see that the author replies concerning the pen name that have been changed as "advised by the MSM" and did accept because he knows nothing about the NA market, etc. maybe the same case here. It was shoved into him because probably he doesn't know much about english and all. but wait, MSM did lie about it when u get to see their translated version of the korean forum post! hmmmm~ smells like media control.)

re-re-9: well, everything must sound overblown for you anyway. Not gonna dig further because I'm fed up having to repeat and you bend everything your way. Fine fine, I'm always wrong. You have won, yay.

re-re-11: well, nevermind, people who would understand have understood I guess.

You are not saying it is me who did it but I guess you are somehow convinced I did and you probably show that vibe directly or indirectly (or i'm wrong cuz I'm always wrong apparently).
    Too late anyway, MSM did slander me and made false claims. But they will believe in what they want to.
    I even start to think if this might eventually be their scheme because it seems well prepared against me somehow.
    Wait, sorry. I can't get suspicions but only they can, right? Privileges. boohoo

Well, sorry if I'm edgy but this is my current state. just edgy.
    But I have my reasons to be edgy after what I'm going through I guess

19. dam1433

dam1433 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

Just red that the Author HIMSELF has approved of the Title. And you see it as ugly? dude, you need a doctor

Szefowo likes this.
  20. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    why though? it's not like he's blindly saying his opinion. He gives his explanation about his opinion so I'd like to call it as constructive criticism, though a he put a little bit emotion into it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.