Other Request Korean light novel version of "Level Up Alone"

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by walterf1205, Jan 29, 2021.

1. walterf1205

walterf1205 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Level Up Alone/혼자 레벨업 합니다
    (NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH "I Alone Level Up" aka 'Solo Leveling')
    Author: 신필
    Manga Link: -removed-

Really like the few chapters of the manga but I need a bit more to chew on. Looking for the light novel or web novel version if there is one, if not, let me know.

UPDATE:
    Was given this URL from another site help page. It's the raw, so I hope you love google/bing translate.
    https://novel.munpia.com/67011/page/2/neSrl/997308

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2021
  2. RichardNova

RichardNova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've found the website where this series is released, but... autor has sent a note he have stopped writing I level up by myself.

His post about it is brief and lack details, he just has said he was under some sort of contract to write the story and isn't going to continue anymore.

I couldn't find any other website where he may be continuing this series and it bugs me that there is a webtoon about such canceled project.

Have the autor completely abandoned this work or he is intending to write for a webtoon version? Does anyone knows?

3. judeiiro

judeiiro radish

Reading List:
    Link
    Kakaopage : 1 free episode per day
    RidiBooks & BookCube : needs purchasing, has sample of volume 1
    edit: Oh! If you're on android, you can try to check if the ebook is available in your region through the playstore :> you'll need to buy it but you can MTL using google translate by highlighting the text

Google Translate can autodetect RidiBooks but I'm not sure about the other 2 sites (Kakao is in image form)
    while I personally don't read this novel, is it really abandoned? Kakao marks it as complete :0

Wujigege likes this.
  4. deego4829

deego4829 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its complete on Kakao with 589 chapters. I also saw that notice but that was from 2016 and the notice was about him stop releasing it free since it became licensed. So Kakao took it and completed it. Only 53 chapters were released before the notice found in the first post link, drop a link if anyone has more without purchasing :)

5. M4rcosR3is

M4rcosR3is Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well, i don't even know if it is ilegal or not to post this here but i found this novel on google books, not google search, again google books.
    that is service for those that don't know, that release books for free and cheap for people to read in a legal way, since google itself have made a "deal" with the publisher(similar Amazon books), most of the time is the authors/publisher who posted the work there.
    the book is going for less than 3 dollar a volume and 1 volume is free.(with 365 pages)

so if anyone have a interest in doing it, you can get first volume for free, to see if people like or not before going on and buy all others volumes that as i said before is going for 15,90 reais (that is my country currency since it shows the currency based on location) it is less than 3 dollars, i believe that is a lot cheaper than buying in kakao or other pages.

Attached Files:

judeiiro likes this.
  6. judeiiro

judeiiro radish

Reading List:
    Link
    as long as it's not an unlicensed aggregator, it should be fine lol and yeah, google books is definitely cheaper and more accessible. it's too bad that there's only a limited selection of titles (and occasional shop region restrictions) though

7. c.reo

c.reo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't know that this actually has a novel. I thought it doesn't have any since when I searched for this it doesn't even have a page of its own. It's quite sad since I really like the manhwa.:blobcry::blobcry:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  8. deego4829

deego4829 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL its hard to find anything related to the series without being directed to Solo Leveling. i couldn't even find the Kakao page myself so i too thought it didn't have a novel until seeing others post it.

9. walterf1205

walterf1205 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the manga is up to chapter 36 now so I'm caught up with what parts of the novel I've read so far.

10. rei_hunter

rei_hunter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Raws are up to chapter 39 as of this post. (Every Monday for the Webtoon release it seems)
    You reading the novel raws with mtl yeah?

walterf1205 likes this.
  11. ja98701

ja98701 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello
    How do you translate it with google ? I bought volume 2, I do not speak Korean, and it opens not in browser but in some strange application and I do not know how to copy/paste it into browser

12. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Any fool and his dog can sell on Google books.
    A pirate was selling Reverend Insanity on Google books.
    If it is not sold by the publisher then it's a pirate

13. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Use Chrome browser. It works with Ridibooks

14. judeiiro

judeiiro radish

Reading List:
    Link
    for Ridibooks, use the Chrome browser! it usually kicks in automatically
    as for Google ebooks, you should be able to highlight the text in the Play Books app

oh dang, welp. didn't know this bit

15. M4rcosR3is

Reading List:
    Link
    i know, that's is exactly the reason i stated: that i did not know if we could post google books or not in the forum since it is at best a grey zone since we can not confirm if is the author or not using it, even by reading the description, where the guy say's he is the author, we can not really know for sure in the end.

judeiiro and Wujigege like this.
  16. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Munpia will have to pay Google to sell on their platform.
    They rather sell directly.
    Also, most Korean publishers built their English platforms.
    There is zero chance that it is being sold by the publisher.
    International rights are very valuable.
    Most publishers take it from the author

17. M4rcosR3is

Reading List:
    Link
    to be fair man, google books is pretty much international, so is not really zero % that some korean publisher or Korean author post their books there as well as well just like any person from any other part of the world, so we can not really believe that "is impossible" for the publisher or the author to post the novel on google books as this novel: level up alone seems to be!!

Since we must also remember that pirated work is pretty serious business in korean , i believe there's no one here who does not understand how hard is to find korean raw because of it with all the removal of links etc.

so we must beg the question: how the f*** they have not removed "level up alone" from it ? it was posted in 2017 to 2018 depending of volume, is like a 3-4 years already on it.

i find hardy to believe that is not official version and posted by the publisher/author as they said they are instead of someone "posing" as them and posting it given the years that is on that already without being removed.
    probably was some form of partnership made by them that allowed "level up alone" to be on there, this would explain why is so rare to see novels on "google books" posted by official publishers.
    of course i don't have any basis to say that is legal or not, this is just my opinion on this subject and this book.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    judeiiro likes this.
  18. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    This is my answer
    https://play.google.com/store/books...nsanity_1_A_Demon_s_Nature_Do?id=nDrADwAAQBAJ

Things will also always fall through the cracks.
    If the book was sold by Munpia or Tencent then it will be real.
    But sold by author? That's ridiculous.
    It is only in the West that authors have rights
    Source:
    https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.co...s-protest-unfair-work-conditions/3043759.html

judeiiro likes this.
  19. M4rcosR3is

Reading List:
    Link
    is being sold by golem factory, i believe they are a publisher too.
    as i said, they are being sold by publisher-author, as the author wrote the comment section> saying hey this is the author bla bla bla. about the book.
    but the one posting is golem factory, account is golem factory.
    of course, i don't know if that is a "official" golem factory account too..
    plus your "answer" is a English version of chinese novel being posted for a westner audicence , is worth nothing if we compare to korean novels, it literally means nothing since korean novels and korean pirated works is active being deleted by "the holders of the right", everyone know that is super hard to find korean works-raw, where Chinese we have literally dozen of chinese websites, why would anyone care for a English tl's one?where with korean in on a complete different "level" of care.
    i believe that everyone can agree that, korean's have done a good job to keep pirated works away, yeah is not perfect and we can still find them somehow but still, is a lot harder, a LOT, i call that a success anyway since at least it stops 90% of everyone searching for pirated korean works on the net.

20. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    My example was one with the author which is obviously a fake.
    A publisher is more believable as I said