Question [KR] Please help to translate it

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by Elyriona, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Elyriona

Elyriona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please help me to translate three phrases. They are from “Best of Tomorrow” novel. Actually, there is manga adaptation, it is chapter 46. Maybe it can help you. And one notice here: phrase 선재 업고 튀네 is the nickname for FL.

“네가 이렇게 지고지순한 새끼인 줄 알았으면 걔가 선재 업고 튀네, 마네 했을 때 네 주위에 얼씬도 하지 말라고 했을 텐데. 그러지 못한 게 천추의 한이다.”

“튈 거면 널 업고 튈 것이지, 네 마음만 들고 튈 건 뭐냐. 도둑질을 어디서 이상하게 배워 가지고.”

Chapter 48

“오래됐어?”

It is translated as “How old it is?” But it doesn’t fit the content. Here it is:

Thank you in advance

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
  2. puukkiss

puukkiss I'm Keeping My Eye On You!

Reading List:
    Link
    Chat GPT:
    "네가 이렇게 지고지순한 새끼인 줄 알았으면 걔가 선재 업고 튀네, 마네 했을 때 네 주위에 얼씬도 하지 말라고 했을 텐데. 그러지 못한 게 천추의 한이다."
    Chat GPT Translation: "If I knew you were such a pushover, I would have warned you not to get close to her when she was hanging out with Sunjae. Not being able to do that was my biggest regret."
    Deep: translation: "If I'd known you were such a stubborn little bastard, I'd have told you to stay the hell away from her when she was jumping up and down on her feet. It's a shame I didn't."
    Goodle: "If I had known you were such a noble and innocent bastard, I would have told him not to come around you when he said, 'Bouncing around with a wire rod on his back.'

"튈 거면 널 업고 튈 것이지, 네 마음만 들고 튈 건 뭐냐. 도둑질을 어디서 이상하게 배워 가지고."
    Chat GPT Translation: "If she was going to run away, she would have taken you with her. What good is it to just take your heart? Did you learn how to steal from someone weird?"
    Deep: translation: "If I'm going to run, I'm going to run with you on my back, not with your heart, where you've learnt to steal so strangely."
    Google: "If it's going to jump, it'll carry you on its back. What's the point of jumping with only your heart on it? Where did you learn stealing in a strange way?"

"오래됐어?"
    Chat GPT Translation: "It's been a while?"
    Deep: translation: "How old is it?"
    Google: "Is it old?"

3. Elyriona

Elyriona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you)