Resolved KTL Help!

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by perrieelle, Sep 22, 2022.

1. perrieelle

perrieelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "네, 마정석을 따로 가공한 걸로 검사를 해요. 마력을 측정하는 거거든요. 빛이 약할수록 마력이나 오러, 신성력이 적다는 걸 뜻해요."

"그 세 가지를 구분할 수는 없나요?"

"아직 그 정도까지는 발전하지는 못했어요. 아무튼, 저는 딱 평균 정도였어요. 오러 발현은 어떻게 봐도 무리라는 뜻이었죠."

마정석을 - Magic stone??
    오러 - Aura?

Please help me translate the red parts!!

세작에게.” << this one too?

TaniAndris likes this.
  2. TaniAndris

TaniAndris Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    마정석 is literally just another way to say 마석 so you're right, it would translate to mana stone or mana crystal
    오러 is Aura so you're correct

"그 세 가지를 구분할 수는 없나요?" - [Is there no way to differentiate between the three?]

세작에게 can mean different things depending on the context, so I'm not sure.

perrieelle likes this.
  3. astralmech

astralmech Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1.) "마정석" transliterated is "majeongseog" or "magic stone", which makes sense given the sentence you gave since it says something about measuring magical power/mana, though I don't have context so maybe that doesn't make as much sense?

2.) "오러" is also transliteration as "aura" so you're correct with that one.

3.) For the third one "그 세 가지를 구분할 수는 없나요?", The (그 세 가지) section uses "그 세" or "Those/that 3" with the noun "가지", which is a nonspecific noun, so "Those three things" with (를) which is a particle that directs the action, with the action itself being (구분할 수는 없나요). To understand it in pieces, (구분할) is a verb meaning "to divide or section apart" while adding (수는) can make it understandable as "the difference between."

So the full statement of "그 세 가지를 구분할 수는 없나요?" can be read as "Is there anyway to tell the difference between these three things?"

4.) And lastly, (세작에게) is a noun(?) with the particle "에게" which indicates going to somewhere or even turning into something. "세작" to my understanding has multiple meanings, one of which (according to both Naver dictionary and Wikipedia) is another way to write spy, so maybe this sentence is implying someone may turn into a spy? I don't have any context though so I can't be completely sure.

perrieelle likes this.
  4. perrieelle

perrieelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much!!

Thank you so much! I forgot to put context on number 4 but i think spy is correct.