LCD Kumo Desu Ga, Nani Ka just broke the game

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by tahzib1451, Feb 6, 2020.

1. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    long story short: she fought with a big spider, levelled up, evolved and was visited by trainer-kun for the most common cheat in game history........
    1.JPG 2.JPG

Fossil, Havisu and kiara8 like this.
  2. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually got stumped, did Kumo had this power in the LN?
    Also, I count it as somewhat a nod to what she will become in the future, something outside of the system, that is why she cannot be killed by those within it. That is like, a 2D character straight up pops up to kill a 3D character, I am looking at you Re:creator.

3. xacual

xacual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The wording for the skill there is kind of important.

4. Eldau

Eldau And now for something completely different

Reading List:
    Link
    Thinking of the WN? The manga follows the LN quite closely as far as I understand, if not 1:1.

And yeah, she had this in the WN, which was exemplified by her ability to use eggs as a respawn point (how gamelike).

5. XXXXX

XXXXX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes
    but certain semi-admin magic can still kill the people with the skill
    it was obtained with millions of points, or a species that wasnt supposed to exist.
    as the previous evolution had a suicide attack that kills the user, but mc didn't die because of certain title effects

6. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh? I didn't remember mc had this title in the wn

7. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think she did. After all,
    I recall Ariel nearly killed Kumo right before she became a god. And Ariel is definitely within the system.

8. xacual

xacual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read the skill properly.

9. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, in the novel, if I remember correctly she became a class that has a skill that basically kills itself. But because she recovers by leveling she was able to survive that class and reached an advancement in class that should have been impossible to achieve.

she becomes a fucking god!! Like, immortality is a given by then, right? Also, the demon king loli grandma is also immortal. Vampires are probably too. But is anything in that's not a god really immortal? Whether you reincarnate or live for a long time, your soul will start to decay right? So nobody is truly immortal there unless they become a god. Just their bodies are theoretically immortal.

10. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't read the manga yet, but isn't this immortality supposed to be the type that means she won't age and die but still can be killed? Similar to the demon lord.

11. Granitefish

Granitefish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Skill in all versions WN, LN, and Manga prevents death within the system. However the Soul is not within the system.
    Ariel used Hell/Abyss Magic which attacks the Soul. This is not an Attack within the System but outside it. Meaning the Immortality does not prevent it from killing her.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  12. Teunayven

Teunayven Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the LN Kumo becomes a race that has a Corrosive Attack. The problem with that attack is it hits you as well as your opponent. If you use it without any resistance it will immediately kill you so there is no way to slowly build initial resistance. There is however a way around that problem.

If you get the Gross Eater Title by eating things containing poison. That title gives you poison resistance level one and corrosion resistance level one.

Now just having level one resistance doesn't necessarily save you sadly because as Kumo found the attack will still destroy your body part. Kumo loses a scythe arm the first time he uses the attack. So if she didn't have the full heal upon leveling she would be crippled after using it the first time until she evolves again.

As for Immortality being OP. As someone else pointed out the restriction is that it makes you Immortal within the system. So if someone struck you with Administration powers that won't matter. Also if someone uses something like Abyss magic which offers your soul to the system it also won't really work.

13. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    aint that the skill of Maple?

userunfriendly likes this.
  14. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Hydra=Eyes of Extinction.:eek::eek::eek::eek:(y)