LCD Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by TUSF, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Time to start reading the LN that I’ve been putting off for almost 3 years? When did Yen Press release the first volume? November; 2017, geez so long ago.

Gotta finish before next episode of the anime :blobphone::blobphone::blobphone:

Volume 1: I forgot how much I hate Yen Press translations, Mr/Mrs/Ms :notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob:
    Wouldn’t be so bad if they just removed it instead of translating San/Kun/Chan, off to smack the people at YenPress blob_crimeblob_crimeblob_crime

Just realized when she first builds a web she talks about how her natural instincts kicks in, didn’t realize that could be a foreshadow to her actually being a spider reincarnated as a spider and not a human into a spider.

Not a fan of how they made Oka-Chan speak, dragging out words is a pain to read.

“But that’s not the only reason I’m here, my deeears. I’m still a teacher, you knooow? I have to at least make sure my students are safe, you seeee. As safe as you can be after being reincarnated, anywaaay!”

Could just be a personal peeve of mine but they shouldn’t have translated her speech like that.

Finished Volume 1: It’s good, since it’s been years since I’ve read the WebNovel I can’t say how much is exactly different but there’s plenty of noticeable ones.
    Now off to volume 2.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  2. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably main reason they want to do that is not put off "new" readers (people new to Japanese novels)... but how many random people are going to pick up a title like this as their first Japanese novel? :blobexpressionless:

Yeah, there's some issues with the translation in general. I'd say it gets better later on. I've not noticed any clear mistakes in more recent books. And the value of reading the later LNs is very high since it's pretty much a complete re-write and you get a whole new story.

It's pretty much how she actually speaks... but in her case it's more of a sentence ending affectation so it works better in Japanese. Perhaps a case of translating too literally?

3. Not Red Yet

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah in the fan version they add ~ at the end to indicate stretching of the words.

YenPress is bad for literal translations, the kicker is that they also leave untranslated parts in some novels.

Volume 1-2 has errors mainly with skills.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    userunfriendly likes this.
  4. Ginsoul

Ginsoul Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Question
    After vol 10 of Light Novel. What chapter in the web novel should I read.
    Thanks Again

5. Not Red Yet

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure since last time I read the WN was when the elf place was attacked.

Just letting you know in case you don’t know but I heard the light novel adds more stuff later on that the web novel doesn’t have.

Ginsoul likes this.
  6. Ginsoul

Ginsoul Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, thanks.

7. Not Red Yet

Reading List:
    Link
    Volume 2 makes me remember how annoying Shun is to me. By far the worst character in the entire novel.

Ginsoul likes this.
  8. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm. Hard to say. Although at high level the story is basically the same in the LN, a lot of details are different.

For example, in the WN Shiro becomes a god much earlier and can use her full powers immediately. That has a lot of knock on effects. To be honest, you might as well re-read the WN from when Shiro becomes god (chapter "202 God") or a bit before.

Ginsoul likes this.
  9. Not Red Yet

Reading List:
    Link
    Good to see Kumo still thinks she is smarter than her other minds, silly Kumo not realizing she is dumb dumb at times :aww::aww::aww:

Time for Volume 3: Kumo thinking about escaping the Labyrinth and staying alive no matter what, but the whole time I was reading that passage I couldn’t get the song ‘Stayin Alive’ by The Bee Gees out my head :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

“Don’t worry, tee-hee! I’m not a bad slime spider!”

Finally got her wish against the Earth Dragon.

Now onto Volume 4:
    “Aye. They say it was killed like any ordinary monster, but I
    don’t buy it. A beast like that wouldn’t go down easily. If yeh ask me, it’s still alive somewhere, watching and waiting for its next prey.” So Kumo is Voldemort?:aww::aww::aww:

Finished volume 4, Now onto volume 5.

Volume 5: Good to see that she spends more time as a Arachne. Now volume 6 is at hand.
    Hmm noticed some errors occasionally, not sure if it’s translating ones or actual raw errors by author themselves.

Volume 6: Figured the Parallel minds would act up considering they got Mother’s memories and such.

Onto volume 7, Not like I need sleep or anything :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely: how I wish I had Kumo’s skill that allowed me to not need sleep :blobflag::blobflag::blobflag:

Volume 7: This reminds me of the movie Independence Day :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:, Quick upload the Virus.

Onto volume 8, not a fan of how the author just cut off the elf battle in the early volumes.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    Leo William likes this.
  10. Jinnai.l

Jinnai.l The Jerkaiser, Ruler of 108th dimension,Jinny

Reading List:
    Link
    I am calling it. After the pope sequence, we will have the sequence about the gods doing battle. Essentially, knowing who you are rooting for.

And that is where Dustin give up because he will witness Shiro’s history and come to realize that the entire mankind don’t have the shot, especially the moment where Shiro ‘s nest burn and she questioned the meaning of living. Remember Shiro is in this position between death and complacency and we know how it turn out.

Shiro story discredit the very ground Dustin view might be and he totally got caught surprise because he never understood Shiro-sama .

11. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Yen Press left out Onii-sama in Mahouka?!?!?! :mad::mad::mad:

12. Not Red Yet

Reading List:
    Link
    Unacceptable :blob_thor::blob_thor::blob_thor:

13. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, they did. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

14. Not Red Yet

Reading List:
    Link
    Well looks like I’ll have to go through and make my own edits to the book.

They kept Senpai in ‘Strike the Blood’ though, according to some people.
    I don’t understand their thought process at times.

Leo William and userunfriendly like this.
  15. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Fan translation via illegal aggregator(the very popular and well known one, starts with T) has all volumes, excepting the new series. :aww:

This is the fan trans I’ve been reading forever. Good quality.:cookie:

16. Not Red Yet

Reading List:
    Link
    Last time I checked 17+ were MTL with bad edits. This was on shite reddit so that could be why :blobthinkingsmirk::blobthinkingsmirk::blobthinkingsmirk:

17. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m hoping that the good editors show up, as they did excellent job past the Ancient city arc up to volume 19. :D But hey, still better than Yen. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

18. Not Red Yet

Reading List:
    Link
    True, How they did To be a power in the shadows was fine, didn’t notice anything wrong.

Just finished all 10 volumes of Kumo-Chan the wanna be idol, sucks that it’ll be couple more months before next volume.

Leo William and userunfriendly like this.
  19. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    The anime is great. :justabotheart::justabotheart::justabotheart:

20. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    In the anime when she says her natural instincts kicked in to become stronger, I think it could be the mother spider’s influence cause as we know, until Kumoko gets soul immunity, she’s being influenced by Mother’s control