LCD Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by TUSF, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mother didn’t really influence her until she grew strong and chose a different evolutionary path. Stated such in the LN.

2. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    The first thing she experiences when she is born, is the voice telling her to be strong.

3. Not Red Yet

Reading List:
    Link
    Must be anime only because that’s not in the LN.

I didn’t hear it when I watched the anime but considering I was tired while watching it oh well.

4. waleuska

waleuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So we have gotten new chapters in the LN because I only got to the part where

5. Wannabe-shutin

Wannabe-shutin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If some god offered shun to save the world in return for sacrificing katia and sue, pretty sure he would refuse, not seeing the irony

6. lotus.eater086

lotus.eater086 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    currently reading the LN vol-02
    should have started reading this one a lot earlier
    its fun
    worth the time

7. Not Red Yet

Reading List:
    Link
    So I heard Volume 11 has no Kumo in it, or very little. :blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful:That’s depressing :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  8. Remlin379

Remlin379 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The synopsis says so, unfortunately.
    Man, becoming the hero of all humans at the age of six? That's rough buddy. But you know, sometimes life is like that. Hang in there kid and maybe I'll...wait, what do you mean I don't show up at all this time?! This is outrageous!!

9. lotus.eater086

Reading List:
    Link
    So the whole story revolves around Goddess D because she's a fantasy-who** , wants to try something new.
    Also our mc/spider girl is a toy from the beginning till the end.
    Well , I kinda get it cause our real world is also maybe a simulation created by some intelligent species maybe just for amusement.

10. lotus.eater086

Reading List:
    Link
    In the LAZY DUNGEON MASTER light novel , I like the mc(hero+demon lord) who doesn't pay a flying fuck for who lives or dies.
    Basically that mc is an ideal one I think . His life is simple > eat , sleep & sleep .
    Who cares whether humans/gods/demons/monsters survive or die so long as my fellow friends survive ! That was his point of view.
    It was refreshing that at least there's one novel with a somewhat healthy brained mc.

11. Kphone89

Kphone89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I'm reading from the WN side.. and I have a theory question.

The question is about the World Quest.
    Do you think Kuro's route is a trap? Is my guess on the TRAP realistic?
    The decision is to pick Kuro or Shiro but I feel like D wins both ways.

Shiro:
    Sariel is saved.
    50% of humanity dies (worst case all dies).
    Probably less than 50% of human souls collapse.

Kuro
    Sariel dies.
    Kuro dies.
    The world is saved?
    Trap

What's the trap? That's related to my question!!
    Assuming the system works like programming (which it probably does)..
    1. When Sariel dies, the system will have no god in the nexus and it will shut down.
    2. The skills/MA on every human would be ripped off; some humans would die and some souls collapse
    3. 1-millionth of a second later, Kuro replaces Sariel in the nexus.
    4. System reboots (and MAYBE still thinks humans MA levels were the same as before it shut down..)
    5. Kuro sacrifices his life to fully restore the planet? By dying, the system will have no god in the nexus and it will shut down again.
    6. The skills/MA on every human would be ripped off again; more/all humans would die and more/all souls collapse. (note: The souls of those who died when Sariel died would be in the system and they would have their MA drained again if they didn't already collapse, likely collapsing those souls.)
    7. Without the system, those who survived (the reincarnators) would have no skills and be forced to fight the monsters and likely die.
    8. Assuming the survivors survive the monsters, they'll have to be wary of dragons returning and gods showing up... GAME OVER
    Do you think Kuro's route is a trap? Is my guess on the TRAP realistic?
    Even if Sariel's death doesn't cause the system to momentarily shut down (and drain MA from their souls), when Kuro also dies, the system nexus should be empty and the system should shut down, removing their skills (the MA)....
    And they'd still have to be wary of new gods and returning dragons.

No matter how I look at it, Kuro's route is so much worse than Shiro's route.

12. Neiden

Neiden Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's something I also tought of at the time.
    Because what Sariel, Kuro and Dustin wants to do is based on the fact that, when there is no more god-batteries, the System will shut down in a manner that won't kill half of mankind.
    Which means that they need to trust the Worst Evil God D.

So I think they just live with hope and don't think too much about the technicalities of their plan.

13. heroeric

heroeric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For monsters I don't think they will be to big of an issue once the system is removed. At least they won't be anymore dangerous then they are currently. Monsters are also empowered by the system so their strength will be greatly reduced without. Their stats will be reduced greatly to the level of normal animals and it would be crippling for some monster that are extremely reliant on skills such a some monster that rely on poison. And some monster would are likely to quickly die off without the system support such a large monsters no longer being able to support their own weight and monsters that live in lava immediately dying from losing immunity to fire.

Anonymousbb likes this.
  14. CommonSense

CommonSense Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's an easy answer for how the Pope will earn energy required for human continuity.......
    He should only able to come this answer thanks to D, for doing what she did. There's an enormous energy perfectly available just a dimension away.

Yes, the answer is : the "real" world, the world Shiro and others come from. D and Shiro has proven that it's possible to access that dimension using appropiate skill. What's preventing them from taking energy from that dimension?
    Given that Kuro will become next battery, i think that Dustin aims to be the next GM, and use the authority to take energy from that "real" dimension.

15. Kphone89

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it works that way.
    D-sensei already made it obvious that the energy of a God (and their life) comes in many forms. As an example (not the actual numbers), 1 God is equivalent to 1 Billion MA energy, however, the energy comes in many types, and if you were to convert it, it may only be 100,000 MA energy (Oshiete D-sensei side stories).

Next, looking at Shiraori and her attempts to save a few special people, she's already using a lot of different types of energy to save maybe 2-3 people (bring them to Earth).
    As a followup, the humans souls, and reincarnators (with n%i=w), cannot leave the other world. The system locks them there. In order to leave the world, they need to be removed from the system and be able to create and use Dimension Magic without system support. Even Shiro couldn't freely use Dimension Magic at the start and only by using hundreds of clone attempts did she begin to use it. #ShadowClone
    Also, don't forget, the previous Demon King and hero from 2 generations ago only tried to kill Kuro. Rather than sending a person to attack D, Sariel only redirected an attack (a conceptual thing that had no physical body) to attack.

Kuro is not the next battery.
    I believe it was phrased to sacrifice his life all at once to fully restore the planet. Even if he becomes the next battery, there's no way D and Shiro will let him succeed. D would find it uninteresting. Shiro would be enraged for a multiple reasons.
    Shiro could easily erase the system as it is. She isn't destroying the system because she is trying to save Sariel.

Edit:
    Oh there was another chapter translated. It doesn't change my evaluation though. There are gods on Earth. Meido-chan won't let D not protect Earth. Dustin is literally grasping at a straw that isn't there.. Forget this other world, every last human soul will be destroyed if Dustin is thinking that... Meido-chan is that last person you should piss off in this story.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    Arbelbyss likes this.
  16. lotus.eater086

Reading List:
    Link

D isn't "WORST EVIL" god ; MEIDO IS
    meido knows activities of D but still doesn't do anything ; damn care mentality
    just turn your brain off & enjoy the LN
    if you turn it on > won't be able to enjoy the LN because of lots of flaws in logic , char. development

17. Kphone89

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh? WN reader here.
    I don't think Meido is evil? I thought she was the strongest god, and the one who limits D's antics and forces her to do work (rather than sit around playing games on a computer all day).
    Isn't it because Meido limits D's antics that countless planets are still around?
    D literally wrote a book on killing stronger gods (Beginner's guide to Godhood; or whatever it was called) and handed it to Shiraori. If that's not her saying "if only Meido wasn't watching me 24/7, I could kill almost all other gods for some entertainment," then I don't know what is.

18. Wannabe-shutin

Wannabe-shutin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am kind of hoping that Dustin manages to block Ariel's access to the system. Then, once he believes to have won, Shiro returns victoriously, making him realize that he has completely lost :blobcat_hyper:
    After all, the only one who could potentially stop her at that point is Shun, but I'm sure he won't spend the precious MA energy in the system to stop her; that'd just be stupid and pretty much doom them all.

Arbelbyss likes this.
  19. sirin423

sirin423 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    don't underestimate how stupid an ignorant fool can be

20. IMACOP

IMACOP Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a quick question about the side stories. After vol 5's side story (WN elf battle) when White appears, it's the end is it? There's no continuation even now?