LCD Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by TUSF, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shun seems to be crippled now. He only got as far as he did because Shiro gave him a soul shield type thing. Which turns out was totally meaningless because ha ha she had a magic shield to give eeeeeveryone and the entire plot was actually meaningless.

I wonder when the author decided he had to finish asap? I think it must have been within the last ten chapters or so.

2. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Shiro put a protection around the souls of all the reincarnated people, so of course Shun is gonna be able to wring more out of his soul than any other Ruler skill holder. Also, ever since she was a spider she regarded the dragons as her biggest threat, and those weren't even the older ones with human forms. Everything Shiro put into motion to neutralize or co-opt all these threats to her plan was undone just before the hiatus, when D basically broadcast the truth out to the world.

3. strucker543

strucker543 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    didnt help kyoua

4. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if the light novel ending is better. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

5. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    He fought for days with his Wrath active, and is the reason that Shun is as crippled as he is.

6. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason Wrath was dangerous was not because of soul degradation but because it made him lose control of himself. The soul shield on him wouldn't have mattered much. The reason he lost the fight was because he was targeting the wrong enemies the entire time, which he recognized at the end for just long enough to try to do the smart thing.

7. gangbuntu

gangbuntu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think so; "fantasy creatures" (ariel, dragons, elf, vampire) were potimas' genetic engineering achievements instead of d's.
    i think huge monsters would die out without necessary skills to sustain themselves, but sophia (with her spartan exp.) should be doing just fine.

i don't think the greatest threat is her race, but her knowledge from taboo.
    although shiro has pressed the reset button, someone can reenact potimas' experiments.

------

will another angel be sent to replace sariel?
    will the other dragons come back?
    will other superior beings set their eyes on this revitalized world?
    the black/white game has ended with the white's "victory", but a new game (with a new rule) might be starting soon (or maybe not).

to me it's a decent end to a great story; my greatest disappointment is kyouya's demise.
    also considering that shiro spent her early days as an underdog (winning through trickeries instead of suppressing with op-ness), the fact that she repeated kyouya's mistake is disappointing. though there was the excuse/monologue (to fake her own death).

8. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Sariel wasn't sent there, since angels at her level are usually sent in groups, and are more of the mindless machine side of things, but you are right that others may come for that world when D isn't actively playing with it. It sounds like she's gonna treat it like a hobby garden though, just work on it during her free time.
    Kyouya's mistake was going completely berzerk knowing that his Wrath would only target whoever was closest, Shiro's was forgetting that the Blessing of Heaven skill of Shun would literally warp reality to give him unearned opportunities. It's also possible that it worked like a protagonist's luck to make both of them (Shiro and Wrath) overlook him at the right moment though.

9. gangbuntu

gangbuntu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    considering that d can read shiro's monologue, those blunders might've been acts; though the epilogue shown the extent of d's omniscience.

moving on to 1 word each from sariel to ariel and gyuri:
    - to ariel: sorry (1st candidate was "live", but i don't think ariel have much remaining and sariel won't impart empty words)
    - to gyuri: shepherd (i.e: continue to take care of the world)
    other opinions?

10. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gyurie is dead. Not much shepherding he can do anymore.

11. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Gyurie is alive-ish, he got his ass beat, but D says that he was taught a lesson.

12. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shiro basically killed him. His body was a corpse and his energy was at like .00001%, so that basically means he's just alive enough to get a farewell from Sariel, I think. Then he died. Just like Dustin almost certainly died even if the story didn't say it.

13. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically dead isn't the same thing as dead for a God, Shiro's inner monologue when she tossed the "corpse" at his people said so. It would just take him some time to pull himself back together, just like how it would take her some concentration and energy to repair her eye at the time. She basically left him in the same state she ended up in.

14. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shrug. I'm going to assume he died because his character arc was basically over and he wouldn't want to be alive anymore anyway. Not going to insist you do the same.

Also I decided that Sariel's last word to Ariel was "Grounded."

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  15. Zfglx

Zfglx Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The main problem I have with the ending is the huge number of dropped plot threads. What happened to the reincarnators on the ufo who decided to side with Ariel, or say gyurie’s clone who also decided to side with Ariel. It felt like there were so many moving parts the author just decided to vanish for a quick ending and it isn’t really satisfying to see shiro end up in such a bad way after all her effort. While she had to screw up somewhere and suffer consequences it feels like a bit much.

16. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Said it before, but it really bugs me that the story raised the plot thread of Dustin probably being up to some shady shit regarding the reincarnated people and then just never following up on it. That was so recent!

Though obviously the thing that bothers me the most is that thanks to the sudden ending we never get to see D face any consequences for her actions.

17. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Scion』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    D never was going to face consequences, without D all the denizens on the planet would have died. And the planet would have stayed dead.

18. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, if she had gotten like one percent more evil the cast would have been forced to confront her. Would have been cool. It'd give Shiro a good chance to show off too.

19. heroeric

heroeric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If your talking about a serious fight against D then it's pretty much impossible for D to lose. She's one of the top gods of the universe and it would probably require other top gods for a chance to win. Considering the cast are just a much a small fries with no connections to other gods there's no way they would be able to recruit such people.
    The strongest people on the planet are two low rank gods and one high rank god on the verge of death. Even if Sariel was at her peak she would probably be just an ant compared to D. The best attack they could do is probably use all of the energy in the system to to attack her. Except that basically what happened at the beginning of the novel and it pretty much had no affect on her.
    The closest thing to a punishment D could get is probably being forced to do her work which is already what Meido is doing.

20. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The story did go on at length about the miracle situation of an ant somehow defeating an elephant.