Spoiler Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by snowdeity, Jun 22, 2016.

1. kavinh

kavinh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She'll kill them if they stand in her way, in the furthest part of the story there's already 1 classmate who was manipulated by her and indirectly killed. But she'll try to avoid killing them if possible because it'd make the teacher sad, she does seem to care about them to some degree so she's not completely apathetic towards them.

Cupcake likes this.
  2. ZXu2002

ZXu2002 I am a idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    so, thinking about restarting the novel, but only if I know this:
    Does what’s her name the MC ever meet the students and they find out her identity? And if so, where?

3. bob3002

bob3002 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. Kind of. The story is told in nonlinear order, so nailing down the exact points where people meet is pretty difficult.

She looks like Wakaba Hiro, but she's actually the pet spider from the classroom. None of the students have actually been told this.
    Wakaba is (probably) D, the most powerful god of this world, who isekai'd Kumo and the rest of the class to here.

Sophia Karen finds out in Blood 11. Wrath/Kyouya gets told in 254. The rest of the class finds out either during the elf village battle (right after 200) or after the war (starting around chapter 302).

bamboo_panda likes this.
  4. ZXu2002

ZXu2002 I am a idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, the nonlinear thingy with different povs was confusing, I’m currently at some conference chapter a bit after she gets human form, any idea how close I am to the hero classmate finding her not during timeskipping chapters?

5. gangbuntu

gangbuntu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    -- edit start --
    forget about my answer, apparently bob3002 has given a thorough one.
    didn't expect one to put a spoiler tag in the spoiler section
    thought they were part of his/her signature.
    -- edit end --

before i answered, i'd like to ask why would the answers dictate your decision to restart / not?

what's her name indeed, since she was/is a nameless spider.
    she would later took the name shiraori, just like 2 of the students (/underlings) opted to be called wrath and sophia (evolved goblin and vampire).

to answer the question: no. in the latest chapters all surviving students recognize her facade, but perhaps the teacher is the only one that knows the truth.

disclaimer: the thread is posted under the spoiler section, so it should be a fair game to drop some

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  6. ZXu2002

ZXu2002 I am a idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    I just wanted to restart it cause I was in the mood for some revealing secret identity stories, and from what chapter titles appear to say, I was about ten away from one in tsugi ga michibiku when I dropped it, so I was wondering if kumo desu ga, another one that I binged for a few days before stopping, was close to a big reveal (other than the she was a spider the whole time) one

7. earp

earp villainess trash reader ;)

Reading List:
    Link
    Is kumo a bad person in the latest chapters? How's the new hero? Spoilers pls!!

8. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The big reveals start after the battle for the Elf Village from Kumoko's point of view at Chapter 301. It's after the Past Arc and it's still an ongoing reveal.

From a standard point of view, Kumoko was never a good person to begin with. She was all about enticing adventurers to attack her so that she could collect their XP (and meat) in "self defense", and she's a huge fan of elf genocide. The author even calls her the Primary Perpetrator of the present, being the architect of the Human-Demon Great War, the reason for all of Shun's misery, and basically the mastermind of most of the messes in the present time.

That said, she's also the person working the hardest to save the world, and she's making up for the neglect (or active harm) of the other Administrators. It's just that her methods usually involve the mass slaughtering of people.

9. earp

earp villainess trash reader ;)

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm at chapter 151~ can someone explain to me why kumo change so much after taboo lvl10? It's kind of sad. I don't get the taboo effect?

10. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When you get Taboo 10, the voice of the system explains to you how the world works. It is a complete and utter mess, and Kumoko got infuriated over it. The heart of the story is about all the things she does to make things right. It's not a pretty process though.

bamboo_panda likes this.
  11. Seipherwood

Seipherwood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How far into the story is stuff explained? People said to not skip the side chapters, but after reading them up to the War chapters, it makes me not want to read any of the story. So far from the side stories, its all useless shit cause all the important stuff is done behind closed doors. Does Okas side ever get chapters?

12. MrAconter

MrAconter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You have to read the Side chapters Trust me all will make sense in due time, i at the start did to neglect them and hat to read the whole thing anew to not miss the connections to some thing that happen later on. Do yourself a favor and read them sooner than later.

13. zloi medved

zloi medved Well-Known Green Tea Bitch

Reading List:
    Link
    You have to read the side chapters to understand what's going, yes. Which is a shame, because the side chapters are boring as all goddamn shit out.

14. TsukiSetsu

TsukiSetsu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is kumoko shiraori?

15. KaPi

KaPi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does she ever turn into a human again, or does she stay as a spider?
    Honestly, I haven't really read much yet, but I kinda wanna know about that part..
    Thanks!

16. Das

Das Lazing around Devil's Luck

Reading List:
    Link
    she does

17. Dhampira09

Dhampira09 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just started. I'm not very far in. Can someone tell me whatever happened to her(stolen, not really hers) giant egg?:cookie:

18. SebaFrozen

SebaFrozen Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the egg there was a dragon that is her reincarnated classmate who bullied her, the egg was given to the 4th prince of some kind of country which name I don't remember(also he also is a reincarnated person)where she hacked and lived with the price as his pet as what did they do later which form she evolved you can look up on wiki

19. Azure_1802

Azure_1802 Procastination Expert

Reading List:
    Link
    The egg later hatched into a dragon who was a reincarnator and one of the classmates back in Japan, the egg was given to a prince who was also a classmate and reincarnator and later became her disciple (i guess? I don't really remember, i quitted after chapter 300 or so)

mallow likes this.
  20. elhystine

elhystine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who exactly is the mc's human form? I'm kinda getting confused rn lol XD