Spoiler Lady to Queen (webtoon)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by nenuphar, Jul 16, 2019.

1. VioletBlue

VioletBlue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really, a marraige can be happy with a couple didnt fall in love simplest example is arrangements marriage , how they treat each other, loyalty, acceptance and agreements is more important. If 2 people in love it’s not enough for a good marriage.

In any marriage, the couple must keep in mind there will be situations when they can’t agree in something, and one will have to give up in that matter.

for example, let say one of the couple have a job that require them to travel a lot for days and weeks, their partner will have to accept that, and not just take the excuse for divorce or cheat or separation. There will be times when those seems like a solutions but ofc they are NOT because every marriage can have this kind of problems wether arrangement or out of love. Which why before deciding to get married, the person must know what they want and think about their own future to diced if their partner is good to them or not. Ofc before marriage or even the engagement the couple must talk about those .. if they did and then changed their mind once the real thing come this exactly what a half assed attitude is.

Half assed attitude is exactly what the queen did. She married an emperor, she accepted it when he took a concubine, but she changed her mind because of pregnancy matter and changed her word? and tbh even lucio’s father at fault. he didn’t pay attention to his son who have been abused, he didn’t tell him about his mom or help janet to met him. he might be good as an emperor or lover only but as a father and husband he isn’t at all ..

2. WinnieS

WinnieS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The way I see it, as of now (haven’t know the side story of Queen Alissa n Janet n previous Emperor) she/Queen Alissa was probably eaten up with misery (for not being able to give birth, not being loved, and now have to see the product of her husband with another woman he love to be the next to sit on the throne, though she’s officially the Queen, but she’s practically has nothing compared to the other woman. If she has her own child, and her husband is civil towards her and his mistress knew her place, probably she will not end as jealous as she is) that leads to her overzealous attitude that ultimately drives her mad. But it’s just like some says, it’s indeed depends on the expectation from the marriage itself when they formed it. Like Rizi, she knew what she’s getting into when she entered the marriage so took measure to protect herself/heart, but what was Queen Alissa’s expectation from her marriage with the previous Emperor? Did she have the talk like Rizi n Lucio where he told her flat out that he loves another, and she can’t expect love from him? Even at this moment, Rizi also put the conditions that her child must be the next emperor and even sent Rosemond the infertility perfume. That’s how important the child is to the one not favored. You could say that, that’s the last line of dignity they hold for not being loved despite sitting on the position of the legal wife. Even when Rizi came to know about her “infertility”, she was devastated and consider it humiliating to go through another test to confirm it even if she didn’t love Lucio. I wonder what kind of “respect” the previous emperor has for his wife? After all he did have a mistress. Is that respectful? Though in a way it can’t be helped that he has to fathered a child with someone else, because the queen’s infertility. That someone else being the woman he loved is a bonus I suppose. After her/Queen Alissa infertility confirmed, does he still fulfill his duty as a husband in bedroom matters or ceased to visit her at all? This could also be one of the reason that triggered her evilness. Loneliness, jealousy, probably darken her soul to the unthinkable (making the son to kill his own mother). And I find Lucio’s father so far as better than him. At least he didn’t plan to dethroned his Queen for the woman he loved. I suppose this is him treating his wife with respect? By not taking away also her official title? On a different note, there’s no excuses for modern husband to cheat with another woman just because their wife can’t have a child. The medical technology has advanced to enable in-vitro/tube pregnancy and if not there’s also surrogacy as an option. So to hell with cheaters.

3. Diraaroo

Diraaroo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Totally agree. Even nilla in the previous life cant help, but to expect love from his husband. Maybe Alissa is same like Nilla in the past. Also it is right love isnt enough for good marriage, but even for arrangement marriage, you can fall in love after live together, as far as i see, almost royalty story, always have an excuse that royal marriage is common without love and just for appearance and position. But, why dont you try love your first wife first instead searching and fall for another woman. Hehhe btw, once again it is my personal opinion. Dont take it too much of it guys~ lets enjoy this ride together.

DAsky12 and WinnieS like this.
  4. VioletBlue

Reading List:
    Link
    You telling me a man who supported taking his son away from his mother and didnt bother paying attention to him to releaze something wrong with his son who been abused is a better person??? Even the queen own father didnt agree with her adopting lucio knowing something isnt right .. and she clearly changed yet did the emperor even care? I really dont see how you can say he is any better. Also he only met janet after been married so how could he tell his queen about something to not expect love?

Janet knew her place from the start. And a king isnt strange to have a concubine so why should it be that shocking for her? she married a king and didnt expect that? I understand she might want to be loved tho
    However, it have been said she lived good her whole life but only when she got jelouses over janet and her child. So she destroyed her own life and the others by her own hand. It's more like spoiled brat who things didnt go thier way for once and got mad about it

I get your point but I would like to point she had the choice to hold back, the emperor could care more and things wont go as bad and his son mental wont go insane. In the end she has no exuses but if her husband taking a concubine exuse what have she done then lucio has all the reason to take rizi down just because the law wont allow him to make rosemond a queen and rosemond has alll the reasons to be a snake because she simply cant become happy until she is a queen.

There is no single person who don't face hardship, some people might more other but dose this ever exuse them to hurt someone innocent?

Zeref_96, MiserableSOUL and rock.doll like this.
  5. WinnieS

Reading List:
    Link
    I had specifically said the father is better in term of not scheming to dethroned his wife. That’s all. In fact I wanted to point out that as a father and even as a man who loved his woman, he failed miserably, but my writing was focused on Queen Alissa being an evil woman. He/father probably wanted to be righteous, hence allowed Queen Alissa to adopt Lucio, because that’s probably the only way he could think of holding the “peace” in his household, which sucked, because he supposedly love this woman so much but allowed her to suffer the separation from her newborn, and ripped her off the chance to love him and for him to love her as his mother. Lucio didn’t even know that she’s his mother, that speaks volume of the father’s incompetence. More so for enabling the abuse, though it’ll probably hard for him to notice, or him in denial, since Lucio mentioned how pretentious Queen Alissa is when in front of others with her loving mother act. Ultimately, he was the one that was the source of it. He had chose to love his maid and impregnated her, but afterwards he seems to just goes with the flow just to maintain the facade of a peaceful household. Janet is indeed pitiful and she sounds very reasonable. She let herself be used because she loved the man, and because of that would rather let go of her own son for the sake of “peace” that this man wants to uphold. I bet if she was given the choice, despite loving him, she will choose not to entangled herself with him to begin with since he’s a married man, but who is she to say no to the king’s approach. As for Queen Alissa holding back, that’s probably not possible, just like Rosemond, they were driven mad with with jealousy and power. If only Janet has the same resource like Rizi, she’ll probably be able to survive the scheme of the villainess, but then we will not have the story of Rizi. Which get us to the point, why is the women has to do the fighting/hard works that the men has started and those men only wait it out? Like Rizi has to cranked up her brain to fend off Rosemond while Lucio was just waiting on the sideline? Same with his father. He started the affair that made his wife evil and killed the other woman(this woman has to lose her life for being entangled with him) and ruined his son too.

6. RomanaTri

RomanaTri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 135 of the novel a.k.a side story chapter 27

Chapter 132 of the novel a.k.a side story chapter 24

Chapter 97 of the novel

7. VioletBlue

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought you meaned he is better over all than lucio just for not detherone his queen and I almost lost my brain cell of shock :blobjoy: sorry about it my bad.

I don't expect to see lucio take real actions any sooner, knowing how passive and how he always has a mental problems I just don't see it happen exept if he got mentally healed which take a long way and rosemond would be died by then. But no argument thos men left the real job for the women in the end :blobtriumph:

And trust me, if his father was caring enough he could releaze something wrong with his son, imagine having a son or a daughter who always quit and dont laugh or smile much, As a parent wont you at least get worried about it? And knowing thier family sitution he could look into it but it show he really cared about his dick more. He just choice to be clueless as you said ..

For me the queen always has the choice she knew she was doing something bad .. exept if someone forced her she always had a choice. As luico's father always has the choice to try and help janet met her son but choiced to not to. As rosmonde when she could simply become queen by getting adopted earler. As lucio for not get someone fall for his rosemond to become a queen. But ya this is not a real life and things will go different for this story ..

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    WinnieS likes this.
  8. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats why I dont like the dude as the ML. After everything tha happened hes all like "oh I love you pls forget". He literally had to suffer no consequences and got what he wanted. When he didnt love rosemond anymore threw her out and got with rizi easily.

He lost nothing. Narratively he didn't earn his happy ending. That's why i feel no satisfaction

magical_al00 and WinnieS like this.
  9. StrawberryPie

StrawberryPie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you @RomanaTri :bloblove:

flamingorangesoof likes this.
  10. WinnieS

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed. That’s how I feel about him.

11. KimiKazoo

KimiKazoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want to put something out there for food for thought. Lucio was never given a chance to "earn" his happy ending since he was the ONLY main character in the story that did not get a chance to reborn to an earlier time to amend his mistakes and make better decisions. For him specifically, this is a story about how his life will end up had he met Rizi in comparison to Nilla. I mean there wouldn't even be a story if he had reborn...everything would have been resolved by him alone.

Also, Rizi and Nilla are so awesome right now mainly because they are reborn. Had Nilla's story been a prequel, she would have been that ditzy girl who falls in love with the king at first sight and tries so hard to win his affection despite knowing he already got a lover. Not exactly the type of story I like.

12. Kikimichu

Kikimichu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoilers please XD. Did Lucio find out that Duke was behind his mothers murder?

13. Kikimichu

Reading List:
    Link
    So apparently, i read from somewhere that there will be a woman claiming her child is Lucio. Is this true? Or somebody made it up?

14. Galileaseye

Galileaseye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And no to mention!! The emperor fulfilled his duty to Alissa only in accordance to the law, including sleeping with her, so he actually preserved her dignity until she undid it at her own hands!!!

the Queen Alissa/the official wife was not the actual victim here and I think that’s hard for some people to accept, that the concubine was indeed the innocent one. Most importantly, JANET WAS GOING TO LEAVE THE PALACE FOREVER!!!!

15. Galileaseye

Galileaseye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so the nobles want Lucio to get another royal concubine because they still think Rizi is infertile (this is before Rizi finds out she’s not) and Lucio does not want to. Rizi is the one to convince him because she thinks it’s best for the empire that the throne continues with a direct line instead of another family member. It pains Lucio to do this but gives Rizi the option to chose who the concubine will be. So Rizi basically picks another Rosemond who at a party introduces herself to Rizi and then starts shaming Rizi for her infertility saying that she’s not even qualified to be queen. Before Rizi Can really say something Lucio swoops in and defends her honor. Lucio went IN on this women, publicly humiliated her, and denounced her as a potential concubine. The women can only continue to be on her knees from fear/shame, she ends up living in solitude after this.

Blozzy, roshiku, augacutan and 40 others like this.
  16. hjnffnjh

hjnffnjh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to know a detailed end of rosemund. Although it has been stated earlier in the discussion.

lazynoodles likes this.
  17. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WOAH....this was like a bomb stuck out of nowhere.:blobwoah: I mean, this is the 1st time I hear of a SECOND CONCUBINE?! OMG! Was this after Rosemond death, like really proposing another concubine after 1st one made a total mess (two attempted assassinations of both Emperor and Empress, public shaming of the Queen/Empress, Ephreney's downfall, etc.)? I really want to see those stupid nobles' faces when Rizi announces her pregnancy...that would be so S P E C T A C U L A R. PERIOD.

Thank you a lot for spoilers! This is really new and out of nowhere!

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    Zeref_96, Fujoneko, Kikimichu and 2 others like this.
  18. Herodanish

Herodanish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whoa2. This is really unexpected. Finally lucio did something to worth as a ml.:D

19. SilverSoul1

SilverSoul1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly my thougts too! If one day he's bored with Ricy, he might as well do the same thing to her and her family, just like in their past lives, just like Rosemund too. He's the emperor of course, HE CAN DO AND HAVE WHATEVER HE WANTS. Bullshit. I rather see him suffer hard like Stupidshoe in Remarried empress

20. Kikimichu

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you please give us details on the second concubine? Also what did Lucio said to the bitch number 2?. Did she actually become the royal concubine or another person?

Last edited: May 31, 2020