Spoiler Lady to Queen (webtoon)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by nenuphar, Jul 16, 2019.

1. bored leo

bored leo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally. I been looking for their ending.. I truly wished for them to have a happy ending even if they were seperated. Both of them have their story and excuses for their action. Lucio wasnt really at fault here. In my opinion, as a mentally unstable person with a huge amount of responsibility and burdens, its really quite easy for anyone who have brains to take advantage of him and manipulate him. While MC really had been hurt so much that even though I really ship them Im still prepared for them to get separated. Both have stories so realistically relatable. So Im truly happy that even with those scars they carried, they still dared to gamble with their future. I love them <3

Its still sad that ML got so much hate... I mean... being mentally unstable is not an easy thing... I mean if it was other people they either be psycopath or have some wierd habit bastard... I saw a lot of people liking ML even they were really a bastard for no logical reason... they do rape and shits yet they receive less hate than Lucio.. When will people take mental health seriously?

Its still sad that ML got so much hate... I mean... being mentally unstable is not an easy thing... I mean if it was other people they either be psycopath or have some wierd habit bastard... I saw a lot of people liking ML even they were really a bastard for no logical reason... rape

creatorfreak and ArkiV_10 like this.
  2. Princess Alice

Princess Alice Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finished reading the novel, I hate both the bitch and the shit. I can give a fuck about your daddy and mommy issues but if you touch my family you are dead meat. However, I understand why Rizi forgave him in the second life because he did not kill her sister or harm her family, he even saved her in the first assassination. But in the first timeline, he was a piece of trash and totally look good with rosebitch. I honestly don't think someone who has mental issues should be the king. I'm so glad he was dethroned and executed together with Rose. For the second timeline, I think he is just a needy person with lots of mommy issues and needed someone to be there for him. I think if Nilla or even a mere maid found out and showed a bit of sympathy, he would fall in love with them too. I still don't think he's worthy to be a king but he definitely, needs helps.

81ganzy, Shoo, WinnieS and 2 others like this.
  3. BeastieKarma

BeastieKarma Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You do realise that that's a different timeline where different stuff happened right? Like it's basically an alternate universe. In my country we have a story about a woman who was crying cuz a block of salt will crush her baby IF it fell. Like yeah IF the same things happened the ML will kill the FL's family but those things didn't happen lol. It's like getting mad at your s/o cuz they cheated in a dream lol

miyuki_14 and creatorfreak like this.
  4. Ayu4fun

Ayu4fun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes exactly. At least Lucio tried to save Rizi from assasination attempt, and showing his will to change, to work on their relationship. and in side story, Lucio still love her and keep on making Rizi trusted him. Even when Rizi ask him to take a concubine, Lucio get angry and feel sorry to make Rizi said that. i believe that the most important is the will to change and effort to do so

5. twenyfour

twenyfour Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone put this post on the first page?

6. Luxie_Spades

Luxie_Spades Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is just offensive, we are not sexist.

Spoiling Queen likes this.
  7. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How did the Duchess's son die? Was January involved and the Duke really January's son's biological father?

8. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. He got infected by a contagious disease in the country where he stayed at.

2. Not sure about this but it didn't seem like she was but she probably influenced the duke to make certain decisions at some point. In the novel, I don't remember if she convinced him to let the son study overseas since she wasn't really mentioned much in there unless someone is willing to correct me about this info.

3. The duke is the biological father of January's child.

i_am_here and rock.doll like this.
  9. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!

It's pretty audacious of him to take a mistress when he isn't even the head of household - The Duchess is. And the title is associated with her bloodline, not his. His status was originally much lower than the Duchess that is why he tricked her the way he did into marrying him.

January was very arrogant to assume her son would have any claim to the title when it was up to the Duchess to decide on "adoption" its a whole different kettle of fish to adopt the thot Rosemund as a spare piece to your family than nominating your husband's mistress bastard a position that was supposed to be for your own son. No wonder the Duchess flipped at her. She was too brazen for her own good and didn't know her place.

To allow her and her son to live on their estates like parasites since they were no relation to the Ephereney household but the upstart consort of the Duchess was more than generous and tolerant. I think many people probably found that dynamic odd considering the Duke's origins, how January would just swan around like she was a lady of the house.

I think January's ambitions made her too greedy and in the end, she ended up with nothing. Leaving her and her son destitute. If she was going to be a mistress to a noble to elevate her status, she should have at least chosen a better suitor.

Blozzy, Th.ay, phamtasia and 2 others like this.
  10. Ayoe4fun

Ayoe4fun Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some sweet moments
    Lucio heard about in resulting he imported all kind of berries and sending them to Rici. He bake strawberry shortcake and bring t personally to Rici.

You’re the person I love the most in the world and you also carry my child in your womb, that’s more than enough to become the most beautiful person in my eyes.” He looked at her, studying every feature of her face and continued, “You’re not ugly just because you’ve gained a little weight, Rizi. In fact, I hope you earn more. You’re still too thin.”

Patrizia sighed. “I can’t believe I earn more from here. I’m going to become a mockery.”

Lucio shook his head and gently reassured her. “Never, if anyone does that, I will immediately executed them for insulting the royal family.”

“Your Majesty, the baby is listening.” Patrizia silenced him.

“Oh, sure,” Lucio said and immediately closed his mouth.

“I can’t believe you said such harsh words when the baby is growing in the stomach!”

Embarrassed, Lucio quickly lowered his face to Patrizia’s belly.

“Baby, forget what I just said, okay?”

“Very good, papa,” Patrizia answered in a cute voice, and Lucio raised his head smiling.

And they had ~~well you know what is it :blobpats::blobpats: well it's safe for Rici and Lucio doing it according to the doctor

Lucio always sleep with Rici in her palace but their son want to sleep together too. Lucio sulking said that they can only sleep with the one they marry.

Dylan the said that he will marry his mother. Lucio not wanting to lose said no, they can only marry one person otherwise their partner will be sad.

After long conversation, Dylan ask them for a sibling and got tricked into sleeping by himself for the sake of making him a sibling.

Lucio and Rici has 8 years triplet girls with different personalities. They prepared gift for Rici's birthday.
    Lucio gave her handmade scented candle.
    Lucio said "giving a candle means wishing for eternal love.” "i will love you forever, my Empress"
    They kiss by their kids enthusiastic request. Happy end :blobmelt:

11. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope ALL Rizi's children are included in the webtoon version. Her son AND the triplets.

12. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't be bothered to go through the thread to fish it out but there was a comment that basically stated that Lucio isn't that bad because he was a "victim" that Rosemond exploited due to his. I can't agree with that.

By this same reasoning, Rosemond is also a victim since she was subjugated to rape/incest by her half-brother and was treated like crap by her "parents" after her stepmother had her prostitute mother killed.

Much of the schemeing Rosemond did in the beginning (selecting a Consort that could be easily disposed of) Lucio was in on.
    For example, when they both knew Patrizia was "infertile" but she didn't and Lucio made that promise to Patrizia in bad faith that her children will be the only ones to inherit the throne. A really shitty move in my opinion.

As Patrizia rightly says, Lucio should have known better after what he experienced with the previous Empress Alissa that his actions were only setting up to create another Alissa who was the very source of his own trauma.

As much of a villainess Rosemond is, she had no real power or status without Lucio. If it wasn't for supporting or enabling her actions much of the evil things she did or tried to do would never have been able to occur.

Although, I don't blame Patrizia or think badly of her for making things work with Lucio since he didn't really have an option:
    • he refused to divorce or dethrone her
    • he wouldn't let leave the Palace
    So she was basically in a situation where I think she decided to make the best of a bad situation and fulfill her duties as Empress which she took very seriously.

Free Ocean, Th.ay, aasin and 7 others like this.
  13. Ayoe4fun

Ayoe4fun Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with your statement. Lucio and Rosemond, both are victim, Lucio and Rosemond was abused, raped and many unfortunate incident in the past. That doesn't mean they have right to do bad things to other. They change from victim to perpetrator.
    I know that Lucio blinded by his affection to Rosemond at first so he agreed to make Patricia miserable at first. I won't say he loved Rosemond as he once said, he saw himself at Rosemond. And eventually he know he did wrong to Rizi.
    I love this novel, but sometimes I think Rizi deserve better. But in the end, she choose to stay as she said she actually in love with him. And so they both tried to make it work. Sometimes we can't just discard thing as we please and have to repair what's once broken.

14. Ghost123

Ghost123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol

15. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link
    My point is the only one who was in a position of power was Lucio. That is one of the core dynamics of their relationship that spanned a decade was Rosemond was able to rely on Lucio's support to do whatever she wanted. Otherwise, she would not have been able to do anything or have any status.
    It's not like he was none the wiser. He is not a "victim" when it comes to the present era of the story and the fatal consequences of his "love" (even Patrizia felt he was quite fickle how easily he relinquished his "feelings" for Rosemond) entailed for others.
    I mean even AFTER he is fully aware that Rosemond tried to kill Patrizia the first time, he still tells Rizi that he doesn't want her to be executed due to his "attachment" to her.

Yes, he did redeem himself in the end but let's not pretend he was not equally as villainous to Rosemond for up to halfway into the story.
    I mean Rizi and her family would not have been executed without him giving the order for it.

Shoo, snowberry, Enmea and 2 others like this.
  16. Veille

Veille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

That's why it's easy to manipulate lucio because of his weak mentality.

Rosamond was taking advantage of that through manipulation. She made him feel dependent on her and.. that's kinda fucked up.

But in the end she was also executed because of her greediness. She was executed as queen from the past timeline because of her greediness and negligence.

And I remember before execution, she threatened Rizi that she will exposed Lucio as a murderer of his mother. She knew Lucio's weakness that's why she can manipulate him. I like how Rizi defended Lucio and Rosamond was all like "He's a murderer! He should be ashamed and dragged down with me!"... without knowing Lucio's side.

Shiro_Gekkei, Th.ay and snowberry like this.
  17. adorablecheetos

adorablecheetos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, so Lucio's dad is actually favouring his concubine than Lucio's mom? Then WHY the fuck did Lucio do the same thing as his dad?

Someone help cause I can't find where the post explaining behind lucio and rosemond(?) relationship or post about his childhood tragedy

81ganzy and Enmea like this.