Late, Late to work--You ever late to work?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cap.toon, Mar 21, 2019.

1. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :(---I was late to work-----:cry:

I jerked awake and found myself staring at my digital clock. “9:46” boldly glowed on the black digital clock. My eyes couldn’t believe it--couldn’t accept it. I howled inside, afraid of my punishment. I grabbed my phone, hoping my digital clock was malfunctioning. My phone screen lit up, “9:46.”

I gasped like the big artery to my heart just broke and blood was gushing out. I quickly dialed in my security pin and holly-molly, there was a text from my direct supervisor sent at 8:45am: “Are you okay? There is nothing on my calendar indicating you’re going to be in late today.”

My fingers paused a moment, wavering between lying I was sicked and skipped work or to honestly tell the truth as it was. I thought of the money I’ll lose if I skipped work and then my current financial situation--I hardened my heart, I’m going to work.

“I am so sorry. I don’t know what is wrong with my alarm clock. It didn’t wake me up. I’ll be in at 10:15am.” I quickly typed back and looked up. My digital clock read 9:48am. I couldn’t help myself from crying without tears as I rushed to the bathroom.

I scrambled out of the bathroom and was at a predicament--what to wear? I quickly put on yesterday’s jean and paired it up with a sleeveless, loose but professional soft brown top hanging by my cubic shelves; and top the whole outfit with a long fashion knitted gray sweater from Old Navy. I grabbed my computer glass and ran out like the devil was behind me.

This was when I thank God for my current job. Although, I’ll leave, unwillingly--eventually--at least right now when I was struggling the most, this job was flexible.

It was a tough morning. I sat outside my office, and drank my frapp on my break. I smiled and watched the usual guy flipped a page of a thick book. He had been coming to the Cafe across town for a couple weeks now, and I am positive he had a girlfriend.

AMissingLinguist and Madoqua like this.
  2. Hacalyhd

Hacalyhd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure if real life occurrence or teaser for a story you write :hmm:

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  3. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    So is everything alright with the direct supervisor? like did he/she say anything?

4. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    Im late right now
    At least its only 5 mins late

5. Nyanko

Nyanko Psychotic Cat Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    I was late yesterday. But then again we have a flex system, so long as you work your 7 and a half hours, all is good

6. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    If life is work, then I'm late to work. :blobfearful::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob:

7. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, you know I write stories? Nah--maybe you'r just guessing. It's a real life occurrence with a mix of fiction. Can you guess which part of it is fiction? :whistle: It is very obvious.
    She was cool with it. Not in trouble right now.
    If life is work, then we would never miss a day of work nor ever be late.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  8. AMissingLinguist

Reading List:
    Link
    If life is work, there would be deadlines and benchmarks for performance. :hmm::hmm::hmm::notlikeblob:

9. susanty.smile

susanty.smile [Insomniac]

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm not only late but thought that day was still a holiday!! it's 3 days after New Year and i thought i still have one more day left, but then i got called by my supervisor asking why i didn't notice him if i would be absent or sick. Fortunately it was still 9AM and we have half-day policy, so if i still want my half-day salary i should check in before 12 PM and since i was late whatsoever, i took my time and checked in at 11 AM

After the call tho, i called the HRD section to give my notice (the half-day thing) and my boss to apologize. Of course, i didn't say i didn't know that that day was not a holiday, doesn't need to have minus point in my performance. My supervisor know tho.

that's the worst experience i had about my attendance. i rarely ever late, it i was late, it was because other people mistake mostly. So, that experience really leave a bad wound in my soul >.<

10. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    If life is work, I would see a pay raise every year for my awesome performance, continuing education, and hard work.

11. AMissingLinguist

Reading List:
    Link
    .gniht a eb dluow gnittiuq ,krow saw efil fI

12. Dovey

Dovey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm always late

13. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link

I was expecting the punchline “But it was Saturday.” :blobrofl::blobjoy:

14. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm yeah been there done that
    worst case
    I mistake monday with sunday cuz too tired on hmm sudden extra hours on saturday
    :blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt:
    bonus deducted
    funny how those upper echelon yell for faster sudden damnit project
    :blobtriumph: