Oneshot Late Night Summon ( Yuri Writing Competition )

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by GDLiZy, Jun 23, 2019.

1. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally, it's below 2.5k. :blobcheeky:

A single drop of crimson liquid fell onto the hexagram, lighting up six extinguished candles. The lines drew in black ink trembled as their colour faded into the shade of blood, glowing in red light as a ceremony for the coming of the devil.

In absolute silence, an incorporeal thread emerged from the depth of the array, madly twisting as it opened a path between two realms. A crack manifested above the hexagram, expanding and widening in its size.

Vendera could hear a whisper of the darkness, taunting her attempt to research the forbidden knowledge. She only looked at herself nervously, shifting her attention between the two sheets of paper in her hands.

Not long after, her curiosity overcame her timidity, and she decided to glimpse into the rift. Before her eyes, a feminine figure stepped outwards, arriving into the mortal world.

The devil did not have blood-coloured skin. Her skin was pale-white and reflective, enchanting even Vendera.

She wore a long black dress, not revealing her body yet retaining her mature charm. Her black lace gloves enhanced her beauty, displaying her elegant demeanour without any showing of arrogance.

Her dark wings and tail remained still behind her body, reminding Vendera that she did not belong to this world. The most captivating thing about the devil was its pair of crimson eyes, full of vigour. Just by looking, Vendera could feel her unease melting away.

"Although we aren't benevolent, we always abide by our contact. What do you desire?" Although the devil's words carried the persuasive power, her nervous tone undid her credibility.

"Ahh—Please wait a moment." A similarly nervous voice replied. Vendera turned around and slowly walked away, using her hands to navigate her way through the darkness. Although the candles could illuminate the hexagram, they were not bright enough to cover the room.

"Eek—I'm sorry!" The devil could easily see in the darkness. Vendera accidentally knocked herself into something and cried out by surprise.

She quickly quieted down before she stole a glance at the devil. Her face flushed as she embarrassed herself, causing her to speed up.

The devil also tensed up, forcing herself to calm down and hold her laughter. Showing disrespectful attitudes would create a rift in their relationship later on.

"I'll be turning the light on." Reaching the switch, Vendera heaved a sigh of relief before speaking. It was so soft that the devil could barely hear it.

The devil closed her eyes, unconsciously retreated from the light. As she stepped backwards, her foot brushed past a candle, startling herself. Although she did not scream, her wings stretched outwards, forming a circular motion.

"So beautiful." Entranced by them, Vendera forgot herself as she observed the patterns on that pair of wings.

"Umm—Please stop staring." The devil blushed. Vendera had been staring for a while, and anyone would feel embarrassed by that.

"Sorry!" Vendera withdrew her gaze before she looked at her hand, reading from the sheet of paper. She took a deep breath before checking her attire and began moving around the room.

Because she had already prepared everything, Vendera promptly found her mini table and placed it before the devil. She also took out the candles as well as cleaning the mess that was the hexagram.

The devil saw Vendera rearranged the room, recreating its initial state. In contrast to her clumsy self, she became confident. If the devil did not see this herself, she would refuse to believe that they were the same person.

"Please wait for me to bring in snacks and drinks." As if the spell wore off, Vendera became timid as she spoke. Not waiting for any response, she walked out of the room.

Listening to the fading footsteps, the devil became convinced that Vendera indeed moved downstairs to get some snacks. She then sighed softly before walking towards the mini table, looking at the comfy seat pads deeply.

"It's not like what Lilith told me..." Muttered to herself, the devil sat down on the seat pad and waited for her summoner to come back.

Her eyes surveyed the pink bedroom, gazing over the cute dolls, newly-arranged bed, shelves, and a working desk. She felt that her summoner must have a peaceful life. What could she need from the devil?

"Sorry for the wait." Two knocks echoed, and Vendera opened the door before placing the snacks and two ice-filled glasses on the mini table.

"What would you like, miss—eh, devil...?" Seeing that the devil did not move and only stared at the glasses, Vendera panicked, and to her surprise, she forgot to introduce herself and ask for the devil's name.

"Please refer me as Lori Amor Est-Vita Zur'ih. Pleased to meet you." Taken back by her question, the devil spoke thoughtlessly, using her fancy wording as well as telling her real name to Vendera.

"Huh? Can you repeat that for me? Also, my name is Vendera. Thank you for coming today." Settled by the weird-sounding pronunciation, Vendera asked the devil to speak again.

"You can call me Linnaean. Sorry for the inconvenience." Sweats dropped from her forehead as Linnaean realised what she had done. She felt relief that Vendera had no evil intent. If not, she would have become an eternal slave of that person.

"What a lovely name, Miss Linnaean. Umm, would you like a cup of tea, maybe?" As she had no experience in this, Vendera felt awkward. Coupled with her pinkish room decoration, she resembled a little girl who had never led any friends in her bedroom before.

"I guess so—I mean, yes, of course." Not knowing the human's custom, Linnaean replied awkwardly. Fortunately, she managed to change her tone half-way.

After Vendera got her answer, she promptly lifted the teapot and opened its container. She removed the tea bags and poured the content into the glasses. The natural fragrance spread outwards, inviting Linnaean to immerse herself in their embrace.

As soon as the hot tea came into contact with ices, they merged into one, sharing their heat and cold. In only a short moment, the two glasses of warm tea were ready for both to enjoy.

As the guest, Linnaean took a tiny sip first. It was not too good or too bad. The first contact brought sweetness and bitterness into her mouth, submerging her thought in a land of tranquil forest, soothing her restless mind.

Although it was mundane, the devil shivered as a meticulous feeling emerged from her black heart. She could not pinpoint its meaning, but she cherished it. Even if it was just a gesture of good-will, Linnaean had never received any gift before.

Because of this, she determined to slowly savour this happiness and not rushed to fill her body with it.

"Is my tea not to your liking? I'm sorry..." Misunderstood Linnaean's intention, Vendera thought that she did not like it because of its poor quality. She dropped her head as a subtle sobbing echoed the bedroom.

In the past few days, Vendera had trained herself to brew tea, from the selection of the leaves to the relationship about tastes and quantity of them. She had tried many techniques, making various types of tea. Alas, Linnaean did not try to take another sip, making her felt crestfallen.

"Please don't cry. You're making me sad too." Getting all panicky, Linnaean leaned towards Vendera and extended her hand to touch her reddish cheek before pulling the lady into her embrace, sharing warmth and sorrow.

Even the devil could not control her desire to protect the innocent maiden. When Linnaean saw Vendera crying, her black heart bled in deep-felt pain, feeling suffocated by stress that never existed before. She did not know what it was, but she did not want to let go.

Vendera became confused and stopped crying. Just then, the warm embrace filled her heart with a sense of security and calmed her mind. No more pretence and deception, only pure and untainted feeling remained.

"Can I stay here for a little longer?" Without her usual lack of confidence, her voice sounded so innocent and pure, conveying the simplest essence of her intention.

"As long as you wish. For all eternity..." Her voice became soft, muttering to herself. Linnaean felt refresh, no longer having any stress in her mind.

Linnaean had a developed body. Her figure was taller than average women, allowing her to let the feeble maiden leaned onto her chest. With her hand stroking Vendera's hair, the two enjoyed each other company.

After a while, Vendera woke up from her dream-like state. The previous anxiety had disappeared without any trace.

"I'm sorry for my inappropriate behaviour. I'll be more careful next time." She said softly yet reluctantly. Although she wished to rest longer, she had to respect the privacy of Linnaean.

As the intertwined body unravelled, the hesitation and reluctance emerged from the two opposite hearts. Vendera softly sighed as she withdrew her invasion of privacy.

"I wish for it to last..." As her happiness was slipping away, Linnaean was not going to do anything. She tightened her embrace and chose to risk it all for this moment.

"Don't you think it's... inappropriate... for you...?" As her eyes got watery, Vendera asked a question she imposed onto herself every time she interacted with everyone else.

Having confidence in your manner, showing mastery in your craft. You must do this, and you must never do that. Hiding your feeling, showing only what they wanted. To live with others, you must adapt to their preferences.

Linnaean halted her movement before turning her head to face Vendera. Her slim fingers grazed the pure maiden's body, from her elbow to her gorgeous hair. The tickling sensation caused Vendera to feel delighted.

The devil's sharp vertical pupils glowed in black, staring deep into her soul, seeing all her inner worries, struggles, and pain. The hands that brushed her body seemed to enter her mind, caressing her mental self and removing all the anxieties.

The black tail coiled around Vendera's leg, pulling her into the sweet embrace of the devil that prevented her from falling into the void of emotions. The pair of wings sheltered the two, shielding them from the disturbance as they shared the moment they treasured.

"There is no need to focus on everyone else, Vendera. Just focus on yourself." From the depth of her pitch-black heart, the devil uttered her belief to the innocent girl, laying down all the pretence, evoking her suppressed emotions.

"I'm... sorry..." Despite her continuous sobbing, Vendera changed her actions from stripping herself away from her true happiness into clutching onto it tightly, refusing to let go.

"Focus your thoughts on me. If you care about me, then you should take care of yourself. As long as you are happy, I am too." As soon as her heart spoke for itself, Linnaean felt overwhelmed. Never would she think that she would put someone else's well-being above hers.

However, her inner thought did not lie, and she also did not wish to conceal it. That smile, that accent, that look, and that innocence, they melt her cold, black heart. She would gladly follow her heart and did what she yearned to do.

"Don't worry, I am here for you, always." As her slender hands caressed the maiden's face, the devil whispered into her ears, sending the heartfelt message into her soul, resonating within her heart.

Time passed in silence. The two remained soundless throughout their embrace, communicating through their emotions instead of sound. They shared their passion, getting to know the others better as they opened themselves. In the process of doing so, they gained a tiny yet significant place within the other's heart, forever lingering within that place.

"Thank you, Linnaean. I feel much better now." Instead of her usual shyness, Vendera's tone became confident with a hint of gentleness, fusing flawlessly with the pinkish atmosphere of her room.

"It is for the good of both of us. By the way, why do you summon me in the first place?" Although Vendera was okay now, Linnaean did not release her and continued to stroke her hair, savouring the maiden's feminine fragrance.

"I just wanted to have a good close friend..." Sighing in self-pity, Vendera stated her reason without any hesitation. She had changed for the better, turning from a nervous girl into a confidence maiden.

Hearing her sigh, Linnaean felt a sudden urge to console her, that no matter what, she would still be there for her. Fortunately, her self-control was powerful enough not to do anything embarrassing.

"So, it is like this." A sudden inspiration hit the devil. A gentle yet mischievous smile emerged in her face, implying that she had a plan.

Linnaean released Vendera from her embrace and stood up, retracting her wings and tail, stopping her playful hands from doing anything.

She looked straight at the confused Vendera. The atmosphere around the room became somewhat tranquil.

"Every deal needs to have a proper transaction. We have never mistreated our summoners." Her black wings spread outwards, forming a grand posture that attracted all attention into her.

"Vendera, you wish for a good friend who will be there for you, and you shall receive it." The black dress fluttered as a sudden breeze of cold air traversed past Linnaean before stirring Vendera's soul.

"As for your price, I shall take your heart!" All of a sudden, the devil let go of her ceremony before she moved towards Vendera, reaching her hands outwards and pulled the maiden in, submerging her body in the devilish fragrance that could steal all hearts.

The contract became complete upon the meeting of their lips, sealing the everlasting promise with their eternal love. The sweetness of the darkness had fused with the innocence of the whiteness.

The pure, untainted heart of total light intertwined with the flawless darkness of untarnished black.

The moment seemed to last forever. Vendera had no way of knowing anything.

The clock was ringing, screaming at Vendera that it was morning already. She would be late for her work if she did not wake up.

"Ehh..." In her muddled mind, Vendera got up from her bed and made her way towards the bathroom, getting ready for the day to come.

"What a weird night. I hate it when I couldn't remember my dream." Muttered to herself, Vendera looked at her calendar to see her schedule.

"Oh, a new neighbour is moving in today... How did I forget about this?" Vendera did not reflect on it. As an adult, worrying about everything would make her depressed.

As she was about to leave the house, a sudden ring of her doorbell echoed forth. Her neighbour was coming to give her a greeting present.

"Coming!" Subtly, her voice became shaky and filled with excitement, as if she was eager for the arrival of this person.

As she grabbed the handle, Vendera unlocked the door and opened it wide. In her vision, she saw—

This is my first Yuri and somewhat first take on romance, so please don't kill me! :blobsweat:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  2. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hurray, our first entry~! :blob_pompom: And with a cool-looking demon lady, too.

Can I ask what age Vendera is supposed to be?

3. GDLiZy

Reading List:
    Link
    I intentionally kept it vague so it's up to your imagination. However, she is not an underage girl, in my vision that is.

4. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    In this case, please put some confirmation in the story that she's at least 18. The rules don't allow the sexualisation of underage girls, so please don't toy with that line, even in the reader's imagination.

5. GDLiZy

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I just added in a bit in the end that told you that she is an adult, as well as implying that she had a job, so is that enough? I'm hitting the limit of 2.5k again.

Moonpearl likes this.
  6. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, that will do, thank you~!

I'll be able to accept this when the deadline passes, in its current state.

7. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Typo ? before she stole a glare at the devil.
    Glare is when it's done by anger or to show hostility, i think that should be "glance".

2nd typo ? "Can I stay here for a little longer?"
    Should be Can you

Kinnnnda a typo (more like a correction): innocence of the whiteness.
    innocence of purity. (But i am not sure but still a a little confident)
    Sure it repeat itself with purity a little latter but i think whiteness there is not right.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    Moonpearl likes this.
  8. GDLiZy

Reading List:
    Link
    The first one is a typo. However, the second one is not. She (Vendera) is asking for permission.

Anyway, thanks!

Moonpearl likes this.
  9. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Nono why should Vendera ask that ? Unless she asks to stay longer in the hug or something.

I had a third edit, look out.

Also this story sure is quite good, 17/20 maybe 17,5 if i was in a really good mood. Its' just..... that i felt like it kinda need more confirmation of the feelings of the devil girl as romance feelings and maybe a blush or 2 to show MC is also interested (in yuri) but don't really know herself that it's love. This atmosphere of "no love but it's friendship" can be a little annoying.

10. GDLiZy

Reading List:
    Link
    I chose the word to create a contrast between the black heart of the devil ( darkness ) and the innocent heart of Vendera ( whiteness ). Although in the opposite end, they are all pure in essence, so I did not use purity to describe either one of them because it might imply that the other was not.
    Yes, she is asking to stay in the hug longer.

I think it is pretty obvious when you read towards the end.

Fun Fact: The entire story was inspired by the last line.

11. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw... wtf with this signature it being full of tragedy fictions ?

Edit: I really feel like it's borderline romance like 9,99/20 (to show how close), feels like need a little push. But again it's just my personnal oppinion.

12. GDLiZy

Reading List:
    Link
    I like them. They gave meaning to my story. Without darkness, there is no light.

Tragedy isn’t everyone died the end. Tragedy is when you lost something precious to gain something else.

13. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    You now remind me of the author of Creator Mahou/Pastry/revenge healer:
    https://www.novelupdates.com/nauthor/tsukiyo-rui/
    Sometimes dark sometimes fluffy.

14. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw LiZy... *fidgeting* is there any hope that after tournament you can try to write 2-3 chapters of this oneshot ? Like them becoming friends or devil revealing the truth or them doing some COUGH ecchi COUGH stuffs together.

Edit: unless something even more fluffy appear i think i will vote for you and think that you got the highest chance to get first place as this story was quite good.

15. GDLiZy

Reading List:
    Link
    I can’t promise anything but I’ll try. If I got some inspiration from yuri songs then I might write more.

However, I have zero experience with yuri sex so I can’t promise that it’ll turn out good.

Moonpearl likes this.
  16. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    I just started a thread on Scribble Hub to help with that sort of stuff, if you'd like any help. You can find it here: https://forum.scribblehub.com/threads/the-yuri-writing-help-room-18.754/

GDLiZy likes this.
  17. crimson_carnation

crimson_carnation Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice description in the beginning and loved the way it ended :blob_grin: And they fit adorably well together~

GDLiZy likes this.
  18. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    This is now officially accepted for the contest~!

GDLiZy likes this.
  19. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh~ This was good~ I want more!