LCD Late Night Tales Of The Capital

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 27, 2019.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/late-night-tales-of-the-capital/

C1: I always wonder why these cultivators just instantly jump to the conclusion that they've been transported back in time. It would make so much more sense for them to believe that they'd been trapped in a beguiling formation or something of that nature. I've only seen one series that acknowledged this fact, but sadly, it was putrified garbage in every other way.

one hundred years seems a bit fast to have made it to godhood. He didn't have cheats in his last life too did he?

He still hasn't fulfilled his mother's dying wish. I wonder if the general will live long enough for him to make enough of himself to remedy that.

C2: So, the first realm has seven stars and nine ranks? Are stars not the same as ranks? If not, then what are they? Some sort of grading system for the quality of your foundation when you leave the realm?

Just how many systems of cultivation is the author trying to introduce here? And how is anyone supposed to keep them straight?

I get that he doesn't really care about money, but wasn't he out of money after paying the sedan? How did he pay for the meal, much less the room?

"There wasn't a need to make things plainly clear with words." In what way was that not clear? She basically just said, "Kill him and dump his body in the river." Just because she did it in a pretty fashion doesn't make it unclear or even subtle.

"By the way, I'll decide on your marriage in these few days. The only daughter of the Heights Lord of the Extinction Sword Heights, Lin Mei'er" Welp, she's falling for the MC. I wonder if he'll care? She'd have to be fairly extraordinary for him to remember her existence since there's basically no chance of them having met in the next thirty years (thus, not unrequited love) and I doubt he'd be interested in anyone whose name he doesn't remember from his last life.

I have to wonder what was in the other half of the book. It might well have been extremely important to anyone cultivating the first half. Also wondering how the sect that originated it managed to fall if it was such a superior technique, or what language it was written in if it really was spontaneously generated by the universe.

I wonder why no one noticed that. Is this place actually a backwater, even within the empire?

C3: Ah, so this is a backwater. If it only took the MC 100 days to enter Pre-Heaven originally, but his brother considers that level to be impressive, then it can only be a backwater.

C4: I wonder if they'll think their friend is gay...

C5: Why hasn't his brother attacked him yet? It's been several days, right?

C7: I wonder if his brother will try to pin this on him, and why he still hasn't tried to do anything to the MC yet.

C8: "After all, he had even reviewed a major case involving the massacre of over a hundred villagers." There's an extreme difference between a hundred villagers dying and less than half that number dying in a respectable part of the capital. The nobility won't really care too much about the former, but would be breathing down his neck about the latter.

She's definitely going to cause a scene when she see's his brother with another woman. I'm also expecting said other woman to ridicule her if she brings out that book.

C9: Just how stupid is this woman? Once she realized that he was much stronger than her, she should have stopped, apologized and prayed that her status was enough to protect her.

And his brother is even stupider. He saw that the MC couldn't be touched by his fiance and yet still failed to understand that the MC must have backing. And not just any backing, but someone with the prestige necessary to get him on that boat and the resources necessary to train the MC to that extent at the MC's relatively young age.

C11: Honestly, he's doing that idiot a favor, though I'm sure it doesn't feel like it. How the heck does he expect to take over the sect if he can't even adapt to a situation like that quickly enough to not be humiliated? He had multiple opportunities to see where things were going and prevent his own humiliation completely, but he ignored them all.

C12: Is a thousand tiles a lot or not? He's angry that he spent 1k on counterfeits, but the first counterfeit to come up this time is still worth almost 5k even if you know its fake.

If they sell so many counterfeits, then how do they still have a good reputation? One or two every now and then is nothing, but if everyone walks away feeling cheated, then why would they even bother coming back? And why wouldn't they exert their rather extreme collective influence to crush the auction house?

C14: So, basically, he's stealing his senior brother's good fortune. I hope he remembers to pay him back later. They were clearly on good terms.

C18: How would leaving on the boats be a good idea? A single iguana could take them all out long before they made it to shore, even if the iguana's weren't amphibious.

C20: "Ye Que walked down step by step, with Ye Que not far behind him." So, he's cloning himself?

C21: This author likes padding out the word count with pointless poetry far, far too much. Does it even make sense to use a weapon that requires you to recite a verse before each blow? You might as well just cut your own head off and hand it to the enemy.

I'm surprised that no one is blaming him for not helping out from the beginning.

C22: What exactly has his brother been doing with his cavalry troop? Oppressing peasants? Whoring? Parade ground practice? Why is he so scared to fight?

"Make a seven-inch cut on the Water Snakes to kill them." Doesn't that make them extremely easy to kill so long as you can cut them at all?

C24: Yeah, there was really no way it was going to end that smoothly. The MC would have lost his new treasures after all. Though, I do wonder if he'll be forced to take the Key somehow. I can't imagine anything less than it merging with his soul would convince him to do that at this point though.

C25: I guess this explains how those treasures made it into the cultivation world. After these sect disciples let all the mortals die, they stole all the treasure and sold off anything worth selling that they didn't want for themselves.

C27: "How could Ye Que, who's two levels below me, dodge my strike? " He's the MC. It'd be more surprising if he got hit. More importantly, how do you know his name when no one has said it in front of you yet?

If you want to specialize in long range attacks, then what kind of moron chooses a sword? It would be hundreds of times harder than a bow, tens of thousands if you wanted to reach the same level of effectiveness.

C28: Wow, the translation quality just straight up collapsed in this chapter. If that's going to happen, then honestly, I just don't have an interest in continuing with this series. It's not shown me anything that really sets it apart or captures my interest.

2. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read this novel, but wth is with this cover art?

[​IMG]

Why is he wearing girly armor, ie armor that just covers breasts and crotch. :blobneutral:
    Plus all those exposed blades. :facepalm: Every time he bends over, he'll gouge out his heart, appendix, and family jewels. :blobfearful:

fanobody and Capsize like this.