Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Arguably, the manner of Darcia's reincarnation may have made her and Van closer to one another genetically. Van received some of Vida's blood directly into his soul when he was first reincarnated as well as Zaccart's physical remains. Darcia received Vida's blood into her physical body (and arguably onto her soul as well) and then had her soul tuned to become Vida's physical incarnation.

By Darcia's soul tuning, she actually meets the Hindu definition of an Avatar, the origin of the term that has not actually been accurately portrayed by any fiction I have seen until Death Mage here. The Hindu term "Avatar" refers to a person who is simultaneoulsly themselves and also the physical incarnation of a god at the same time. In other words, they have their own mind and consciousness that are completely unique and not related to the god they are an incarnation of, but at the same time they are absolutely 100% that god too, usually being able to swap out their consciousness with that of the god who they are a physical incarnation of.

... Actually, with this whole bit, there could be an actual argument that Van and Darcia are siblings now. Darcia is both Van's mother and his sister at the same time. Normally this could only be accomplished with incest. Yay divine shenanigans!

To the second part, no. To the first part, by our western definition of virginity, because she is female yes. If she was male though, the answer would be no.

Yes, they are sealed with different methods. Botin was personally sealed by Guduranis himself, and it is mentioned that seals placed by Guduranis are some of the tightest and most absolute seals in all of Lamba to the point that no god of Lamba can even begin to understand them or attempt to break them.

The details in regards to Peria's seal are not given. In fact, I could be wrong, but it's entirely possible she's not sealed at all and is just in the same condition as Bellwood and taking a nap after having taken some damage. Or rather, now she has woken up but she's still playing at still being asleep.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    Mesaphrom and hillo315 like this.
  2. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, familial relationships between gods can be a bit shaky at times, especially when they incarnate into various mortal forms. Also, certain mythologies *cough*greeks*cough* show that the gods don't care who they're related to or who they make out with.

Banzai!

The "unbreakable" aspect of the seal is probably due to death attribute stuff, since Van and Luciliano are the only people on Lambda to research the death attribute in great detail since Guduranis was defeated.

Mesaphrom and Reman Scimitar like this.
  3. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While I could totally expect that from Densuke, and would love it if it was on purpose like that, it may also be just "Noja Loli" trope, which is part of the "Loli Baba" trope.

I love how she already pretty much gave up on losing her "princess" status and instead put her effort to curse as many people with the "Princess Curse" until it becomes so common it is no longer embarassing.

I don't remember in what chapter it was said, but Peria is indeed just taking a power nap after being heavily injured during the war, so maybe just like Zuruwarn and Ricklent she is just hiding that she is awake already which would also explain how she was able to give her blessing, which also may indicate she is on Vida's camp since for her to hide her status she would have to abstain from giving her blessing for those outside of Vida's reincarnation circle/Boundary Mountains.

Then again it may only be "any camp that is not Alda camp" at this point.

Claus, Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  4. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    You bring a good point, maybe it have more to do give the seal "eating" any mana that try to break it or maybe it transform it into the corrupting mana that EGs uncosciously release.

Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  5. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, things get weird rather fast once you do the things that Van and gods can do.

It could also be argued that Van is now like Darcia's father since he basically re-created and reincarnated her. Or like you say, a sister. If Pauvina is Van's sister then why isn't Darcia? :hmm:

Indeed. While we don't really know the details, Botin seems to be a special case while Peria is simply sleeping - or was until recently. While a number of Lambda gods fell in battle we don't know the detail in most cases. I don't remember any of them except Botin being specifically sealed by the Demon King though.

I wasn't expecting anyone to take that comment seriously, heh.

Yep. Vida is pretty kinky herself though she had a good excuse... allegedly. :blobangel:

Japan has some rather weird myths too. To take a particularly famous one:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_mythology#Amaterasu_and_Susanoo

6. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    Mother, sister, daughter... :blobconfused: The English language was not built for mixing these concepts in such intriguing ways...

She's the Goddess of Life and Love. Kinky is implied in the job description. What did you expect? :blobexpressionless:

Nakakure, Bla8bla, jemini and 2 others like this.
  7. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    But bad combinationis build for that! And is Moister.... Well, ain't that weird?

hillo315 likes this.
  8. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, as far as we know she only shagged Zakkart after he died. And she only shagged a pantheon of evil gods to help repopulate the world, not before. There's no hint at all of her shagging anyone else at any time even though it's clearly stated that she doesn't value virginity (or at least, she doesn't in her teachings).

Claus, Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  9. SnowDorian

SnowDorian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get the impression that everyone forgot that the bone fragment from Darcia's original body was put into the mix so there was the original DNA (and please let's not discuss whether Van's magic would preserve Darcia's DNA contained in the bone because Kateryne dried all my patience months ago)

hillo315 likes this.
  10. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    I said kinky, not horny. :blobsalt:

Reman Scimitar likes this.
  11. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Either cousins or familial adoption would be prime example at this point (even though they're mother-son by spirit and originality), Vida knows how to make things awkward between family members.

Edit: this is also kinda bugging me, I know Vida is a goddess and Darcia is a Vida's incarnation (technically making her a Saint), but why make Van (a guy, keeping the 30-40 years of age in mind) a bloody goddess? Why not just simply a God?:blobexpressionless:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  12. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe the god that governs over titles is getting up to the same shenanigans with Van's race as he is with Zadiris' "Princess" title. It's getting to a point of rediculousnes he's likely intentionally witholding the "queen" status from her just to troll her now, so maybe they're going after Van in the same way since he's self-conscious about his androgynous status.

On that note, food for thought, does HEINZ even know Van is male? I think Selen probably does though, because she heard about Van from the priests who in turn heard Van was Darcia's son via the grape-vine.

All that said, if Van happens to show his adventurer card to anyone and it has his race on it, they're all going to think he's lying about being male for sure. That said, I'm quite certain he's never going to have his race visible on his adventurer card specifically for the "goddess" part. Most sensible people would be hiding this for the divine portion of that term, but it has to be honestly admitted that he's going to withhold that information for the female gendered part of it and will absolutely not even allow his friends to see his race on his adventurer card.

(Also, hey, he got the DK falopian tubes as well. I'm pretty sure Denske is even trolling Van for his trap status at this point.)

hillo315 and Claus like this.
  13. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I was quite aware that the question was 100% random thought, makes you think sorta thing. Similar to how we came up with the thought that Darcia is simultaneously Van's Mother, Sister, and Daughter. However, I had an answer so I gave it.

To lay out the reasoning for why Darcia is now a Virgin but wouldn't be a Virgin if she were male, the term "Virginity" when it originated used to only apply to females. At that time, men who had not had sex were not considered Virgins, the term just plain didn't apply to men in the first place.

What the status of virginity meant at that time was a matter of determining family lineage. In cultures that track descent by male family lines, you have to know for sure whether or not the child is actually the child of that man. The only way to actually know this for sure though is if the woman the man had sex with had not had sex with a single other man before him, thus the cultural valuing of virginity. When western culture began to dismiss these old-time values, we also forgot why it was that the term virgin did not apply to men. Therefore, the term just naturally started getting applied to men.

As such, because virginity in women is tracked by whether or not a man having sex with her can be perfectly sure a child born between them is his, this makes Darcia technically a virgin again. However, virginity as it has been applied to men during the shift does not track and has never tracked things like that, so if she were male then the question would be whether or not "he" has had previous sexual experience, to which the answer would be "yes," which would make "him" not a virgin.

hillo315 and Claus like this.
  14. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    I can see it clearly now:
    Van and Heinz confront each other for the final battle. In the midst of a heated battle/conversation, Heinz accidentally refers to Van as female.
    Van: "But I'm male..."
    Awkward silence. They both just kind of stare for a while.

This demands a fanfic.

jemini and Reman Scimitar like this.
  15. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope.i can hear scream of Fujoshi.

Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  16. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder who will get [Empress of Vidal Empire] tittle. The other likely got [Consort something] title. Somehow i think there will be unique ceremony or competition to become Empress.

17. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    It can't be Darcia. The Vidal Empire already recognizes Darcia as Our Lady. They see her as a motherly figure, so it would be weird for her to be...

Wait... You were talking about Van's harem candidates? My mistake. :blobtongue:

I hope that Van will choose the most understanding and compassionate candidate as Empress (or First Lady, however the Vidal Empire's government works) and first wife, and the others come later as consorts.

I'm personally rooting for the trap Kijin. Van has fallopian tubes now, so producing an heir should be no problem whatsoever. :blobamused: I don't think Van would agree to that, but I can see a marriage between the two work out regardless. They both love muscles, so the ship has potential.

Someone make a fanfic of that, too. I'm on a roll now!

Nakakure and Reman Scimitar like this.
  18. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course i am talking about harem member , My friend.
    You really like Fanfic. Hmm if Vidal Empire will become more open like make direct road or train, i think Kanako as Guider and idol is more likely to become Empress, Unless Zadiris become Princess/Magical Girl Guider which likely to happen. I hope Zadiris will get Peria Divine Protection too.

hillo315 likes this.
  19. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, fanfiction is more often than not about realizing "what if?" scenarios that never happened in canon. Some of them would be really fun reads! Just think of the potential!

Nakakure likes this.
  20. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to see a fanfic between DM and Arifureta

Nakakure likes this.