Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    New chapter.

Heinz and co. are doing their thing. Heinz has been killing copies of a lot of old figures, some of which we don't know much about. He still hasn't reached Guduranis.

Edgar is suffering from the Demon King's soul powder, which is "more cunning than Rodcorte thought". This is officially Rodcorte's biggest fuckup thus far.

Carlos was granted Van's divine protection in his dreams. Van gave him a glass of red liquid. He was swimming out of an abyss through blood. The end.

Van said he had a weird dream about letting Carlos drink a lot of his blood. The senior gods noted that he probably gave Carlos his divine protection. Van said he has no control over who he gives divine protection to, but it doesn't matter because it's only given to those Van is okay with giving it to.

I'm still catching up to earlier posts. I hope that there isn't more to catch up to by the time I finish...

Korleone, Bla8bla, Claus and 2 others like this.
  2. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    and i have to say, this says alot considering his past fuck ups.

jemini, hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  3. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    It's hard to top "implanting one of Alda's heroes with a non-negligible fragment of Alda's most evil and fearsome enemy". I mean, he even knew exactly what he was doing this time!

By the way, I have no clue why, but Rodcorte kind of reminds me of the Swedish Chef. Maybe it's the way he bumbles about when he does his job.

Turn on subtitles. You're in for a treat.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    Reman Scimitar and jubjub3000 like this.
  4. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, but considering who we're talking about, i think we can assume that he'll top it somehow in the future, by maybe giving him more fragments as a way to fix it or something stupid like that.

Korleone, Bla8bla, Mesaphrom and 3 others like this.
  5. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    i love the music in the middle, what song is it? it's just so weird. shrimpee
    its this song

hillo315 likes this.
  6. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're forgetting the stupid he's already pulling in Origin too, telling Avalon about Banda and their 3rd life. So, that IS something interesting I hadn't 100% been figuring into my assessment of how things would go down in Origin. The Origin plot would be over pretty easy without much fuss if Banda showing up when he kidnapped Mei was a surprise to him, but if he knows about Banda then the way it will go down is entirely different. He can actually plan ahead knowing the literal strongest being in the world is invisibly hovering over the little girl there, and said strongest being in the world has far stronger DA magic than the girl in question he had his sights set on.

Some people have fronted emotional manipulation of the parents, that's quite likely since he is forewarned. He's definitely going to drop something about it to Narumi in order to turn her against Amamiya, I'm not 100% on what he's going to do with Amamiya, and he's probably going to play them until he can estrange them somehow from Banda at the very least.

(I'm rooting for a twist where Narumi is the one who does the really drastic thing and, opposed to what some people have been saying, Amamiya is the one who sticks steadfast in defense of Mei.)

7. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah i forgot about origin there
    who ya gonna call ghostbusters?

yeah i can't imagine him doing anything else but manipulate the parents and that once he's got Mei he won't go anywhere near her himself, he would at most use metastasis or just leave it to some disposable grunts.

just imagined something else, (but its mediocre at best) a raid at her school, using mercenaries taking all her classmates hostage, smuggling her out with the invisibility tech, they could stop van from taking any action by having a maintained radio/camera link with the van and if anyone dies by banders hand, the classmates die as well.

hillo315, Reman Scimitar and jemini like this.
  8. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooooohhhh yeah, that would certainly do it. One problem with that idea though. Mei is 18 months old. She is not even old enough for daycare or preschool yet.

Normally this wouldn't be too big an issue, it would just mean they would need to wait until she WAS that old. However, I don't see that happening. The rate things are going in Lamba with possible Guduranis revival coming soon, I think we are going to pass by the climatic turning-point battle really soon. After Van saves Lamba from Guduranis, someone who's revival was entirely the fault of the Alda side by every component, the Alda side will have lost so much moral and there is also nothing they could do to top an event like that.

Plus, Bellwood will probably be revived by this point. A lot of the truth is going to start coming out. Also, Botin and Peria will be awake. Alda's side is going to have to seriously start doubting themselves once they have all the other living major gods against him and saying he's wrong.

Bellwood being awake will make Heinz doubt his support over Alda, and he's already set up a foundation that is weaker but more maliable in the face of Vida's side of the story coming out, kinda earthquake resistant in that sense, but while it's resistant to stuff coming from Vida's side it will crumble to dust if faced with Bellwood saying the only right way is to kill all the Vida races.

EDIT: (It's very difficult to try to get people to go back to hating each other once the two sides have seen that the other side is not really all that bad.)

There is no route for Alda after Guduranis' defeat that doesn't result in the complete destruction of the Alda side, there are just too many cards in Van's hand and Guduranis is the last real threat he will have to face. I mean, I'm sure he's going to have to take on Bellwood, but that's just going to be dessert after Guduranis as the main course.

Also, I can't see Guduranis NOT wanting to get his soul back completely. After getting his body back, he will also need his soul in order to be fully restored. That's going to mean he will launch raids on the Alda forces before he goes after Van. So, even more damage to Alda's side. Plus, Alda is personally holding 2 pieces of Guduranis' soul. Gudu may even take away the moral ambiguity and be the one to personally deal the death-blow to Alda. (because, honestly, it's going to feel good to see Van trounce Bellwood, but Alda has the air of being mislead despite the horrible things he really has done. Then again, that kinda puts him in the same department as that earl or whatever rank he was who was part of Darcia's murder, the commander of the Mig Shield Nation.)

9. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    that is one very good point, but can't they kidnap the brother instead and hold him ransom for Mei only too take them both hostage and hold them in separate facilities on different continents and threaten death to the brother (and Mei) if bander doesn't cooperate with his plans?
    all this would be done by proxy and he wouldn't be anywhere near the facilities.

hillo315 likes this.
  10. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe if they get Hiroshi first while he's in school, that's the one and only way, but since Banda share's Van's skills and Van has recently gained a double-awakened "Dark Emperor Magic" for his death magic skill level, the sensitivity of Banda's Danger Sense Death ability will likely be sharp enough that he can sense Hiroshi is in danger today just for going to school.

It will be subtle since it has a lot of conditions attached, but so long as the threat of death is involved then it is going to trigger something. This doesn't necessarily mean it won't be able to happen, but I can't see Banda's reaction through danger sense being weak on something as major as that. All there is is a question on whether or not there is anything Banda can do to act on this information.

Don't get me wrong, I actually think you may be on to something. This is not like the previous time on the Amemiya = douchbag argument (with other people, not jubjub, to 3rd parties reading this,) this time I'm trying to explore the issues in the reasoning with you. Try to force each other to find the flaws and improve the theory.

jubjub3000 and hillo315 like this.
  11. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Would lose too much killing both Mei and Hiroshi, instead that would either give Van what he's aiming for and bringing the children into Vida's cycle (gut feeling, even though it's still Origin), OR really just dug their graves if Van finds out from Bander.

Avalon can hide wherever he wants, won't stop Van from hunting him like a mongrel and will prob end up destroying more DA facilities in process (not even going to guess how much was lost in building the sites, training personnel, and the cost to keep them a secret that would make A-51 look like a standard military installation).

jubjub3000 and jemini like this.
  12. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thing is, the point is not to kill either of them. The point is to use Hiroshi as a hostage against Banda so that they can study Banda and Mei, or maybe just get Banda to tell them all the secrets of death magic. They don't actually WANT to kill either of them, but having a hostage accomplishes their goal.

That said, this does bring up the point that, once again, Banda's Danger Sense: Death screws everything up for them. Danger Sense: Death can detect if it's a bluff, and if they actually do mean to carry it out then it is a case where they only have one bullet in that gun and once it's fired then Banda is 100% uncontrollable for them. It's an Ok plain, but it has a LOT of major weaknesses.

hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  13. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, I just thought up exactly why this plan, while it very plausibly may be exactly what Avalon does, will absolutely not end well for him. Again, the bluff-calling capacity of Danger Sense: Death gives Banda an insane advantage. More than that though, Van has been seen to use his Danger Sense: Death ability on his own ideas as he thinks about them in his head. There's no way he's not gong to consider just busting out of there regardless of the threats.

As I said, if they kidnap Hiroshi, there is only 1 bullet in that chamber. They are not going to waste it on just killing him the second Banda starts thrashing about. They are going to want to use him as a threat to try and calm Banda down in order to get out of the situation. His Danger Sense: Death ability is going to pick up on that. Once it does, he's going to realize the best course of action is to pretend that he actually doesn't care whether Hiroshi lives or dies.

14. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah if you think about it long enough you'll find a lot of weaknesses, but the major point is that the mastermind (avalon) would be safe monitering the situation from his house or something, he would basically be untouchable if the plan were to succeed in subduing bander as bander would not move without confirmation that hiro is safe, but Avalon doesn't have a full grasp on bander' s power so he might underestimate or overestimate what he can do (all he can go off is D-01 and buff the hell out of it)

hillo315, Reman Scimitar and jemini like this.
  15. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gotta agree there. Well, I think I'm satisfied with this theory. We very well may be onto something in terms of how things might go down. The issues I pointed out are not issues that would prevent Avalon from acting and actually doing this, which means it might very well be exactly what happens. The issues I pointed out are merely how Banda, unbeknownst to Avalon, has a perfect way to counter it and very likely will be able to manage his way out.

As a matter of fact, a formula like that actually raises the chance that might be what Denske does with it.

16. Isekai07

Isekai07 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gudu will obviously be no threat to Van. After all, he's just a portion of the Gudu's soul, so it'll just be a weaker version of his attribute values and skills. Maybe he has something like 1/10 of his original strength (betting it's stronger than S-Class) if he gets his whole soul back, but the DK fragments aren't in his possession, so he'll still be weak. Even if he does combine with the mimicked DK fragments from simulation, I still doubt he'd be stronger than Borkus. If he combines with Bell like you said however... that might fit the story in terms of plot and irony (Bell being the one to defeat Gudu).

With any luck, he'll take back all (or at least reclaim the fragments sealed/possessed by Alda's Faction) the fragments and personally deliver them to Van :blobpopcorn_cool:.

But there is one thing I'd like to ask:
    Can Guduranis use Soul Break? It's a skill that he has used before, and it might be a skill linked to his Soul. So in theory, he might have a chance at permanently destroying Van. Oh what am I saying, I bet Van's soul and soul break skill far surpasses his. Although, Rodcorte may do the stupid thing and actually assist Gudu into beating Van.

Gudu: :blobdevil: "Well if it isn't Zakkart, Hillwillow, Arc, and Solder. Ready to get your soul broken a second time?"
    Van: :blobunamused: *Uses soul break on Gudu*
    Gudu: :blobfearful::blobdead:
    Van: :blobamused:
    Us: :facepalm::blobrofl:

17. Isekai07

Isekai07 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If Banda has all (or pretty much most of) Van's skills, can't he just use Long Distance Control on a copy an invisible copy of himself? Send one copy to Mei and send the other to Hiroshi? It's not like they can fight him let alone detect him?

:hmm:Hmm... 100 Bandas vs 100 Bravers...
    This deserves a fanfic.

18. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, as I said before, the copy Curatos made of Guduranis has 100% of his original strength. All he needs is to be able to take it out of the dungeon and he has 100% of his physical capabilities, although maybe not all of his skills as he will only have a portion of his soul. Thus, yes, he will be weakened for not having his full soul but it will be like a computer with incomplete software. Or, more accurately, a robot. The capabilities to do a LOT of damage will still be there.

I can legitimately see that happening.

EDIT: And yes, Van's soul break ability is in an entirely different ballpark in terms of how superior it is to Gudu's soulbreak ability. Gudu needs to do basically what Van did the 1st time he ever broke a soul. 1st kill the body, 2nd rip apart the spirit in order to uncover the soul, 3rd crush the soul between the fingers.

Gudu cannot do anything like how Van can break a soul while it is still in the body, and Van's ability to turn his blood into microorganisms that eat your soul after they infect you is something Gudu could never even dream of doing. Plus, Van can attach soul break to any one of his attacks, which includes the Hollow Cannon.

19. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    They can't go that far away from the original, maybe at a very big stretch 1 mile?

hillo315, Isekai07 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  20. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't van almost invulnerable to soul break attacks, because with enough time he can put himself back together again.

hillo315, Isekai07 and jemini like this.