Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Another new chapter posted.

Seems like Juliana's sisters? are going to become new magical girls. Kanako is encroaching more people mentally than Van at this point

2. Ingenuity

Ingenuity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It isn't a spoiler because I don't read ahead or anything like that, but I thought of an easy way for van to "teleport" besides dungeons.
    Once he gets Vida's machine up and running, he could build himself multiple bodies and scatter them across the world and set up some means to keep them alive. If he ever needs to go some where he can just kill his current body and reincarnate into a different one.
    Another idea hould be to form a dungeon within the corpse of a giant beast. Once dungeon is formed, bring beast back as an undead. Equip with insect binding and he'll always have a dungeon with him for emergency use.

3. Claus

Claus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that I've stopped to think, this is true. What's more, Kanako has gained the Venus ability that allows her to "glue" feelings, memories and wishes into her and into other people. Thus explains why Zadris has already accepted his fate as a magical girl / idol magic.
    I am looking forward to the Vandalieu vs Fitun fight, after all he is a god that was born of a human who had several achievements while still alive, unlike the other gods that Vandalieu has fought to date. Probably after the fight several of his abilities to level up and also should achieve a new unique ability as happened with that god who forgot the name (Curatos?) That the Vandalieu ate in the labyrinth of Alda.
    This new title "True Ruler of the Red Light District" gives me hope that the Overlord work for Vandalieu still appears.

hillo315 likes this.
  4. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link

It seems like you hit upon one of the things that Van is doing later in the novel.

hillo315 likes this.
  5. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link

Yeah Kanako seems like she's having a lot of fun with Van and friends. I don't know how much she has improved her abilities by but I don't think that her ability will work with van.

For the second part I think the next chapter will have Fitun's POV for a little bit of it. Do you know what other jobs are available for Van? If I remember right one of the new jobs was to take on Curatos's ability/place? If that's the case couldn't he theoretically reproduce everything about a soul with that ability?

hillo315 likes this.
  6. Claus

Claus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I remember well the job that he can choose after eating Curatos was the {God of Records} in addition he got the unique ability.
    For the Vandalieu jobs afterwards I try to translate and post, after all there are a lot of "unique" jobs.

hillo315 and FussyBadger like this.
  7. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks I appreciate that since I can't make heads or tails out of that list.

8. Ingenuity

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice! It's just as well I posted my speculation in spoiler then.

9. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link

I can elaborate for you but I wasn't sure if you wanted details

Ingenuity likes this.
  10. Ingenuity

Reading List:
    Link
    Please do. I don't mind spoilers at all. If I did I would be in the wrong thread. Thank you.

I Ship anything cute likes this.
  11. Wannabe-shutin

Wannabe-shutin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He uses the pieces of the demon lord to create an artificial body which he can remotely control with a small soul fragment (there is also an independent fragment in Origin)

As for travel: he gets an eccentric space goddess elf loli and creates dungeons in every base. He also made communication tools (shrunk goblin heads that talk, prototype)

12. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    For your part about teleportation (also if someone could tell me how to format this better I'd appreciate it)

Van himself doesn't get the ability to teleport. Instead he receives a gift from Zuruwarn, the members of Eighth Guidance + Gazer. When they are brought to Lambda they are reincarnated into a lump of meat known as legion. They keep all their abilities as legion except for Gazer's abilities from Rodcorte. Which allows them to still do their teleporting all over the place. Later Van has another ally who can alos teleport join his inner circle.

For the part about multiple bodies
    This is the one you were closest to. Van later gets an ability to create split bodies that he can use over a long distance away from each other. He also managed to leave one of these split bodies in a very strange place.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  13. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    New side story posted.

Banda/panda seems to be learning the differences in combat between Origin and Lambda. He is probably going to accidentally revive Eighth Guidance in Origin

14. Claus

Claus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is likely to happen. I am afraid of what Vandalieu's spiritual clone will do in Origin from now on, just thinking of him teaching magic to the children of the Amemiya family ... Oh, poor god of Origin.

15. Claus

Claus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, about the statues that Vandalieu's followers are making of him to be worshiped, so he can gain experience of the work {Demiurgos}, frankly he found a waste after all, after reaching level 100 he will change jobs, then I remembered that he has more jobs related to deities and will increase in the future.

16. Wannabe-shutin

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe he teaches non attribute magic to the son. That would be quite beneficial to his (son's) psychological health since he has a hard time dealing with his mediocracy.
    Edit: I just read the chapter and noticed that he planned to do exactly that...

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  17. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    Its probably a good thing that his split body doesn't have the charm skill but if the daughter has it when she learns death magic then he probably will revive Eighth Guidance. I mean when he first came to origin he revived it for a day with that dream.

Demiurgos already gave him diety status so I wonder if he'll get a specific role among Lambda's deities or if he will create a pillar for Death Attribute.

I wonder how he'll do that. Will he posses the son or have the 2 year old girl teach him? I'm still waiting for the chapter where Amemiya's marriage breaks apart because he's been keeping Van's death a secret from his wife. I mean how's it possible that only 3 people have figured it out considering how unique Death magic is to Origin. You figure that someone would be suspicious that it had somehow showed up when all their crazy powers appeared

I Ship anything cute likes this.
  18. Wannabe-shutin

Reading List:
    Link
    There should have been documents describing the process of the discovery of death attribute.
    Namely the fact that someone without any talent or attribute has been discovered and after an unknown number of experiments it somehow happened. All the others have a fate connecting them with each other and multiple attributes along with unique abilities.

19. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    If I remember correctly they left the documents to one of the bravers and he figured out that Van was one of them. I believe that he's also one of the bravers trying to investigate/research death attribute.

What I was going for is the fact that while the bravers are well off there was one missing and at the same time as their missing member a new magic attribute was discovered. I think that more than one person could connect the dots here since that attribute was discovered in someone who happened to be the same age as the other reincarnators. All the Bravers had met up before killing Van which means that people knew that Narumi was looking for the other Hiroto. A bunch of people simply forgot about him but you figured their homeroom teacher might at least remember the number of students he had in his class. I know its Endou's fault that they couldn't find Van before killing him as the author already said he was too specific in asking his ability.

Its kind of funny that the following statement isn't false. Endou's inability to properly utilize his ability caused him to commit suicide.

Edit: I forgot to comment on the destiny part. I know that they were all supposed to meet because of the destinies Rodcorte gave and without actively looking for him they wouldn't find Van. I just thought that someone might have connected some of the dots to figure out that he could possibly be their missing classmate. Instead only a few found out and neither of the remaining ones want to say anything.

I mean Hiroto (brave leader) could have used that information to say that they couldn't reproduce Death Attribute because he was similar to them. Its just one of the cards they could have used to stop the research into

20. DragonkingKyo

DragonkingKyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hiroto is afraid his wife would have left him if she found out that he had her kill the guy she was looking for which is what I think the reason why he won't mention it