Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? I thought it was part two of the fight, I mean, the pillar gods just appeared at the fight, and there were no conclusions like Alda screaming and stuff.

Edit: School chapter most likely would start a new arc, before a new arc we would need an ending to the current one + character profiles of the chapter, and that's not including Side Chapters, most likely god and kingdom related showing the after effects of the battle: Alda's side, Rodcorte's side, possibly Amid Empire's side since they may get a divine message, Asagi's group, and possibly also an amiable conclusion for Vida's action, with the gods deciding their new course of action, and considering that Van is 12 now... An occasional child making short story? :x

The arc title is about the Devil King's continent after all, if they are leaving it for now and come back later, things still need to be tied.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  2. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right at the bottom where you get the date the the next release

3. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, it changed overnight. Okay, so basically Densuke originally posted "I'm planning for the next chapter to head back to school on 1/13" when the chapter first came out, before correcting it to "I'm planning for the next chapter come out on 1/13". It was either a typo (the particular Japanese terms he used for "come out" and "head back to school" have the same spelling, so if I'm being honest this is probably the more likely case), or a Freudian slip.

So false alarm everyone! But now we know he's thinking about it. :blobspy: Well, or not.:blobsweat_2:

4. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure it was either Alda has 2 and rod ahead 3 or the other way around, but I am sure that only Alda and rodcorde are in possession of the soul fragments and that no one else has one.

So either
    Alda ) 2
    Rodcorde ) 3

Or

Alda ) 3
    Rodcorde ) 2

But I prefer the one where rodcorde has 3

5. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, right, also this was Zantark, Botin and Peria throwing Borkus and some Demon King fragment made swords he brought over. How did google go from "Borkus" to "Volcano"? Who knows! :cookie:

Bla8bla, hillo315, Mesaphrom and 2 others like this.
  6. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Just as expected of Google-sensei, there has to be a meaning to it :blobrofl:

Mesaphrom and jubjub3000 like this.
  7. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    That's interesting, so next arc will really be School Arc. Please, let Pauvina go too! We need her at school too!

Boorukus and Boorukeino... There you go

8. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    This, we need to see everyone's reactions to the first female half-noble orc half human, also should bring Zadiris along and even Basdia.... let's not forget Vigaro.... F it all, bring the whole crew, time to make everyone's face cramp in style. :blobowoevil_horns::blobpopcorn_cool::cookie: (brb, need to get some coke (possibly 5 2liters) and some ACT II popcorn)

jubjub3000, Mesaphrom and ssj4maiko like this.
  9. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, it's not even the half-Noble Orc that is the interesting part, just imagine a 3m tall little girl, stronger than the instructors and telling everyone "I'm Van's imouto!", and everyone looks between the giant girl and the small guy.

Let's not forget that Pauvina will also hold Van in her arms like a doll most of the time even in school. Pauvina at school increases the possibility of comedy acts by too much just to be left behind, and she has a reason to be there, that is, to learn how to be a proper adventurer. :x

10. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    They're gonna find out anyways (primarily due to her ears) lol :blobrofl:

jubjub3000, Mesaphrom and ssj4maiko like this.
  11. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, Alda absolutely has only 2 fragments, this has been confirmed in a translated chapter. Rodcorte also seemed to have been mentioned as having 2 fragments. This was in MTL, but I'm pretty sure. (we should find out for certain since it was mentioned somewhere during book 9 and then again in book 10, so we're drawing close to having it translated.)

It is also absolutely confirmed there is a 5th fragment somewhere and the holder of that 5th fragment has never been named. It could be Rodcorte has 3, but if he does then it was garbled in MTL, because when I read it it seemed to say he had 2. The MTL chapter pretty much said that the Alda gods still knew better than to trust Rodcorte too much and so they gave him Guduranis' power and memories, the fragments that had the least of Guduranis' personality. (this same chapter names the aspects of the other 3 fragments as well, so whenever it's translated we will get the entire profile.) Basically, they didn't want to trust Rodcorte, but they still gave him 2 fragments because he was the only one they knew was strong enough to handle them.

jubjub3000, hillo315 and Mesaphrom like this.
  12. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless it's Mei's first day of school and we get an Origin arc. Let's start the hype train early guys

13. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link

14. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    On the topic of meis first day of school, do you guys think van and Mei will start on effectively the same day as each other so we have two school arc in parallel?

15. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    I kind of hope so. It'd be nice to see the contrast between the two worlds at the same time.

16. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do agree that doing the parallel would be very cool, but I don't think it would do quite so well as a contrast between the worlds toward making any sort of statement because Mei would be in a commuter pre-school and Van would be in a boarding school for elites ages 7+, mostly leaning toward 10+. That difference in and of itself would make a huge contrast even if both schools were in the same world.

hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  17. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    What if there was a magic time skip? or just show Mei's brother schooling instead?

18. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Time skip, not going to happen. It's been made abundantly clear that in this world setting time passes at the exact same rate in all worlds.

Following Hiroshi in school, unlikely. Ever since Banda arrived, all Origin chapters have been primarily from Banda's perspective. There have been occasional cuts to other POVs, but that's around once per book. I can see them cutting to another person's POV, but I REALLY do not see multiple chapters being dedicated to Hiroshi's school days just for the sake of showing how it's different from Van's school days.

Also, why do we need a contrast story anyway? The parallel is fun enough on its own. You don't need to make some kind of statement to show how Origin's schools are different from Lamba's schools or anything. Rather, what I think is likely to happen is next book is going to be primarily an Origin arc with 30-40% of the chapters featuring what's going on with Van at school and 60-70% of the chapters featuring the turmoil going on on Origin with Avalon finally making his move.

hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  19. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Heh. Google-sensei borked up Borkus.

When was the soul fragments mentioned, again? I keep forgetting the chapter. Death Mage is so long that TV Tropes ought to give it a recap page.

20. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Going by patterns, in order for TV tropes to have a recap page on this series, I'm thinking one of us are going to have to write it.

2. I don't remember the exact chapter when it was first mentioned about Alda having 2 fragments, it was somewhere either during or after the Hartner Duchy arc. (Actually, if memory serves, it's somewhere during the Scallia arc soon after Van receives the suction cups and ink sacks from Maribivell.)

3. It was the still untranslated chapter somewhere in the 9th arc currently being translated that it was mentioned there were 5 fragments. This same chapter also mentions Rodcorte has 2 of them, and also names all 5 fragments. The affore mentioned chapter that mentions Alda has 2 of them doesn't name the attributes of the fragments, give any mention to how many more of them there are, or even hint at who else may have one. All that chapter really does is introduce that there is another type of DK fragment from the ones that Van has started collecting. It's the one during arc 9 that really goes into depth on what the DK soul fragments are all about.

Mesaphrom, jubjub3000 and hillo315 like this.