Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, but there could have been some undiscovered ores down there somewhere just waiting for a team of earth mages to discover.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    Mesaphrom, Nakakure and hillo315 like this.
  2. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When is the next chapter due?

3. LokiTheAccursed

LokiTheAccursed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tomorrow

hillo315, jubjub3000 and FussyBadger like this.
  4. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you recon the chances of it being an alda/Heinz/rodcorde chapter are?

hillo315 likes this.
  5. LokiTheAccursed

Reading List:
    Link
    50-50

hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  6. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, well it should be coming soon if not now

hillo315 likes this.
  7. LokiTheAccursed

Reading List:
    Link
    I said Tomorrow so not now.

hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  8. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    I know, I meant now as in next chapter

hillo315 likes this.
  9. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The pattern for the past few books has been 2 side stories at the end of every book. That said, the comment was that this next chapter was going to be something of a wrap-up chapter, so it may be a main chapter that wraps up the story with the next two chapters after that being the side chapters. If we're going to get an idiot/hipocrite/incompitent chapter, it will most likely be one of the side chapters.

10. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess this question is for Kari but has there been any author comments about other reincarnators? I'm curious what he has planned for them.

11. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure, and I think Densuke has generally made quite a lot of his antagonists very interesting by giving them ample screen time and relatable motivations. But that doesn't make it right. Heinz working to turn all those people who have gained guarantees on their life and liberty into second class citizens doesn't just become okay because of his bigoted upbringing. It's not by accident that Densuke included a foil like Schneider who did exactly those things. This isn't even something that "couldn't be helped".

I don't think he is? I mean he's an adventurer right? He finished off Ternecia too. And tried to kill Van with Curatos.

Uh, anyway, the main point was that Heinz's first reaction wasn't "I don't know what to think", it was "but the humans!" and this shows his priorities when put in an unguarded, unfiltered situation. And why should Van be responsible for reforming Heinz? Heinz's the one who says he's the one who wants to reform things. Van is one of his victims. Heinz can't expect Van to act any differently after what he did to Van, and if Heinz does want to do what's "right" by Van, trying to inflict additional violence on him certainly isn't it.

Lamia. Maybe this is the real trick to stopping Heinz's for good, send a bunch of pretty snake ladies at him and he'll renounce adventuring and all that once and for all! :blobmelt:

They go over this in the chapter. Heinz and co specifically say they've subjugated ghoul settlements, and that standard adventurer operating procedure is kill everyone. Van then admits while killing combatants is one thing, he questions if villages they had no evidence had attacked anyone, and innocent babies and children, deserved to die too. From the 5-Colored Blades reactions, it's pretty clear they did both.

No, no, remember, Asagi thinks the problem is the Death-Attribute. :blobpopcorn:

It's funny that none of the antagonists on the ground really understands the actual problem with Van is his "empty frame", the very thing Rodcorte gave him and then powered up more by cursing him. Like Van points out, with his mana that reaches into the realm of the gods, even with something mundane like fire magic he could easily create a miniature sun and liquify the planet. Also it's his grotesque soul that let's him devour other souls. He doesn't even need to break them!

Well, the hypocritical part in my mind of that sequence is that Heinz and co. equivocated their and other Alda believers' responsibility in actions that raised tensions earlier in the discussion, and then Heinz yells at Van for raising tensions himself.

Though actually this particular point you're making "Heinz believes violence generally isn't the answer for political stuff." may get to the heart of why I think Heinz is so much more garbage since the 200 confrontation. Because sure, Heinz believes violence generally isn't the answer for political stuff... except when it comes to Van. With Van, killing him is entirely a reasonable solution to Heinz, where it wasn't with the Alda extremists, or Marshukzarl. And the fact that he may not see this is a political act is, woo boy, utter irresponsible trash person garbage.

It's an utterly political act now. Heinz knows Van's a head of state now. He knows he's plotting an assassination. How many lives could be saved by assassinating Marshukzarl? How about the new extremist pope of the Alda church? The fact they're off limits to Heinz but Van is fine shows the double standard inherent in his worldview. In all parts of his worldview. People who aren't humans, elves or dwarves really are second class citizens to Heinz, because he'd never think killing a human or half-elf leader wouldn't be a political act. But killing the dhampir is just doing what has to be done, nothing political about it. :blobangery:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    Korleone, Bla8bla, hillo315 and 2 others like this.
  12. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you should not ignore the whole context to pick on a single instant and generalize it. Heinz's team were in a Dungeon, they were aware that the enemies they were fighting were not real, and that they were selected there as a test for Bellwood. When they saw Van they were confused, specially with the 2 vampires, but it was either fight or die for them.

That's also the brainwash that the gods were making on the team, not only putting Van as an enemy, but making his copy work with the 2 vampires, or making his allies to repeat sentences as if they were brainwashed and that Van was the most horrible Demon King.

The gods, I'm not sure if intentionally or not, are also kinda brainwashing the team to their own convenience.

And then you have the natural ignorance. Yes, it's not easy to think outside the box, sure we live in modern society and are used with the expression, but that's not the same in a medieval type setting where you need to fight monsters to survive. Heinz is not a politician, he is not a strategist, he is a fighter, a party leader, but nothing more.

Let's remember, Heinz is not a reincarnator, he doesn't know Earth, nor Earth, nor Origin nor anything else, he is native from a world called Lambda where the only remaining Pillar God that gives messages to people said some stuff and is considered right. He had to face a difficult situation to start thinking that "maybe we did something wrong". He needed a battle with Van to learn that he did more wrong things like killing people. There is no school in Lambda where you spend over 10 years of your life learning modern basic education, history where you learn about problems and how to not repeat them are also biased towards religion.

Let's also remember that their lifestyle is not the same as ours, they need to kill monsters, there are multiple races of people, and there are some monsters that have human limbs too. Slavery exists and is not considered necessarily wrong for them, don't expect a guy native from such a word to have the same ideals that you have. What did the slaves from Talosheim did? Wasn't the war 200 years ago just? That's what everyone said, wasn't it? Aren't they criminals or something? Remember when they were prepared to go to the Trail of Zakkart again, how they comment that after deep studying they learned that many credits initially from the creation heroes were given to the other heroes/gods.

They don't live in the age of information, God is biased, information is slow and biased, how can you know the truth when you think that you are in the right religion, and there is hardly any way to learn that "ops, we are not"

Nice, I had forgotten that detail, good trauma for the girls.

Oh yeah, he is researching the Demon Fragments because they seem somehow related. You are right, Heinz doesn't know about Death Attribute, but both indeed consider the DK Fragments to also be something that must be sealed or destroyed (or whatever).

Van is the Demon King, similar to Guduranis, if he loses control of the fragments, the whole thing will go wrong, in this case, I give him credit, it's similar to Bellwood and Zakkart: We need to blow him away to avoid more problems in the future, but Bellwood says that defeating Guduranis with that whole price is not good.

Let's remember that they don't know that Van has complete dominance, I don't even think they know his titles and know that somehow, the fragments are reacting positively to Van, to them, even if Van can control them now, he is a time bomb.

Pretty much, from Heinz point of view, they chose the Zakkart strategy, and you are saying they should chose Bellwood's. Or are you saying that Zakkart was a musclehead that could only think about violence when he decided to try to defeat Guduranis with heavy impacts in the world for such a shallow reason?

NekoMK2, hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  13. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does he (or most of Adla's church) even recognize it as a legitimate state though???

14. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Such sweet irony, how many politicians also recognize Vidal Empire as a legitimate territory should also be tacked on the question.

NekoMK2 and jubjub3000 like this.
  15. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which ones specifically? There’s lots of them in lots of places.

There were various comments on Mei’s parents recently, for obvious reasons.

If you mean Asagi then no, nothing recent.

16. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    I kind of left it vague so it would include both worlds. What are the one's about the Amemiya family?

17. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m pretty sure I posted them all already in previous weeks. The main one is basically that the most important factor for what happens to Mei long term is what her parents think. Or something like that. My interpretation is that if they reject her then Van will take her to Lambda and if they properly accept her then he’ll do what can to support her on Origin. Van will do what he thinks is best for Mei’s happiness.

18. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The fact he clearly doesn't the way he does with Amid and Orbaume is my problem. :blobpeek:

One Marquis, One Duke, an entire family of Earls, two S-Class honorary nobles, One Emperor, and 6 High Gods! :cookie:

Also don't think too hard about the fact at the high god level Alda's a lone lunatic now, working with another god who literally tried to leave all Alda's believers incapable of having children and destroying most if not all plants and animals native to Lambda. It's not like Heinz would know. But it is some serious dramatic irony. :blobpopcorn:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  19. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw, regarding Heinz. He’s not a terrible person like Alda or Bellwood but he’s still a failure as he’s only doing enough to assuage his guilt. He’s not making truly hard decisions. He hasn’t truly reformed and he hasn’t earned redemption.

Korleone, Claus, Bla8bla and 7 others like this.
  20. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    You might be right but if he was the MC we would, as the readers, think he'd be doing enough to redeem himself.