Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    While that could be true, my understanding on the text is that it was explicitly mentioned that the cola they were drinking was moved from another world, that while considering they were talking about the Gods of Origin and trying to help them.

Why mention that the Cola was transported in a similar fashion as the context they were talking about if that were not the case? I'm not sure if they were in Origin or Lambda (I would say Lambda, because Ricklent was also there), and I'm not sure if what they were mentioning taking Cola from another World, or simply taking Cola from the mortal realm to their God Area, however, context would say it was the first case, they got the Cola from another world.

Also, statues of Zuruwarn are inside the Mountain Range, because the barrier is not going down any time soon, they can't get anything from inside, nor even enter. The best they can is show their consciousness during their debates. To get Cola, Zuruwarn can only get it from Origin or Earth

2. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. I've been waiting for the plot to reach this point.

Here's the entire timey wimey speech.

And here's a fun little reference to said speech.

I really want this to happen. It's just too perfect a setup to not happen. Densuke could have been pulling our legs, though.

Avalon has been relying on his luck to guess everything correctly. He's getting everything right with minimal effort, and that irks me.

I'm not sure why Van is hiding from Mei's parents either. I'm sure there is a perfectly valid reason, but I don't know what it is.

Hold up. I'm very confused. Is Avalon giving people a death attribute affinity by making them undead, something we know shouldn't work?

Where does the death attribute even originate from? Where do all attributes originate from, for that matter? The mysteries of magic and metaphysics, everyone.

Banzai! :blobReach:

So if I'm getting this right, gods can't descend to a foreign world because it takes a lot of energy and they have no believers there to descend to or receive worship from, and demigods die from not being compatible with the local physics. Makes sense. The first problem actually isn't a huge issue for Van, because he already has 3 believers on Origin, one of whom is bound to his spirit clone. The second problem requires thorough biological modification on the molecular level, which is a lot harder to tackle, but definitely possible for a genius like Van.

This is an ideal solution. Van's usual "reincarnation via offspring" method is not perfect because the subject will gradually lose memories during prenatal development, just like they would as dead spirits. The Root of Life is a perfect vessel that avoids that problem.

I wonder what Van would feed the Root of Life for Mei. With Vida's blood, the Root of Life is a-okay with Lego biology. What glorious body shall he craft his worthy successor? :blobowoevil_horns:

Well, it's more likely an office, living room, or laboratory. But I'm sure the room is damp and dank and poorly lit. Standard villain schtick.

Good. That will take time he could otherwise spend on more forbidden research and other villainous things.

So now there's more focus on the horror mystery stuff? Neat.

Flag identified. I'm not sure what it means yet, but there will be violent conflict, probably ending in death.

Not that we didn't already know that.

Hurray for guidance hax! A little bit of supernatural charisma goes a long way.

Avalon is not quite right about something here. Killing people does not produce death attribute mages. If the 8th Guidance could use the death attribute after being brought back from the dead, it has to do with how they were revived, not just the act of reviving them.

I could be misinterpreting this, since I didn't yet read the chapter myself.

Changed color how? Was it a permanent mutation to a different hair color, a change to a different hair color for all grown hair, or the destruction of hair pigments?

Different results include immediately returning to Rodcorte or immediately returning to Banda. :blob_ghost:

What are the chances that Van and Urd will be classmates? Fairly high, I think.

Other worlds see interworld travel routes as an invitation for heroes? That explains a lot.

In the event that Mei is dead or dying, Van wouldn't have any obligation to explain himself anyway. He can just crush Avalon and take Mei without revealing himself to anyone else. If Mei is alive and well, Van can descend to Mei so he doesn't have to spend so much energy manifesting his disembodied soul.

Alda: "Life is sacred and shouldn't be tampered with!" *proceeds to extend lifespans*
    :facepalm:

Van got the recipe for cola and reproduced it on Lambda. It turns out that Zuruwarn really likes cola. :blobxd:

Van is already working on that with the transformation equipment, so maybe we'll see him actually send Lambda's enchanted metals and Talosheim's death attribute magic tools in arc 13. Interworld trade is cool.

Puella Magi Mei Magica is a go!

Those drinks are only as real as the appearances of Rodcorte's familiar spirits, and are based on previous experience drinking the real thing.

If the cola wasn't transported from another world, then it's a recreation of cola from another world. Or it's Van's cola or a recreation of Van's cola. In any case, the point is that Zuruwarn's cola originated from another world somehow. How it got to Zuruwarn doesn't matter as much.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  3. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I imagine the colour is changing at will, like a chamelion in that one minute it's blue, the next it's red and the next it's black and white stripes.

How it's doing that, I don't know, magic I guess?

From what I gathered it was that if someone lost all of their attributes (which apparently some people figured was possible) and then place them in a state were they are neither death or alive, then bring them back to life again they can become limited death mages.

Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  4. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    Death attribute magic can be used to mutate living things. If hair color is changing at random, it's probably that.

That makes sense, at least in theory.

5. mai.rain

mai.rain Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it not because they hate death magic,also they kind of killed him... together... whilst holding hands looking edge lord as hell, then let the eighth guidance go back to being lab rats as they played hero whilst fucking up that world... definitely people i would like to talk to. i might have embellished a little.

Now i wouldn't really want to talk to people who killed me... even if i came back to life i would ghost them... i'll see myself out

6. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To quote my personal philosophy teacher: "Ugh, times is not made out of lines! Is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!"

Wouldn't Van descending be actually possible since he is know as the 8s "god"? Yeah, they may not know it is specifically him, but it is an asspull that may end up happening. And since Pluto is part of Origod, she should be able to descend as long as it is in her human form.

7. LokiTheAccursed

LokiTheAccursed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That philosophy teacher also hates babies.

hillo315, Mesaphrom and jubjub3000 like this.
  8. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    And is as strong as a bull. Nature compensating his lack of a functional brain. Also, it is never his fault, no matter how much friendly fire he provokes, which is also not his fault, is the fault of the guy standing in front of his gun.

9. LokiTheAccursed

Reading List:
    Link
    Tucker did it.

hillo315, Mesaphrom and jubjub3000 like this.
  10. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    Caboose: "Bom Chika Bom Bom
    Tucker: "What did I tell you about saying that!"

Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  11. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't there quite huge age gap between them?

12. mai.rain

mai.rain Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    there is but i believe the age for humans is only 5 to 15 whilst for vida races its older as a form of harassment (like 10 to 15)

13. LokiTheAccursed

Reading List:
    Link
    about 7 years

hillo315 likes this.
  14. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    That quite huge

hillo315 likes this.
  15. LokiTheAccursed

Reading List:
    Link
    depends on the race

hillo315 likes this.
  16. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    and how old they are...

if one's 1000 and the other is 1007 then not much difference there right? even if it's still that 7 year difference

hillo315, Reman Scimitar and mai.rain like this.
  17. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My pet theory after thinking about it a bit today is that the devices Avalon is using to make these partial death attribute users were made from existing death attribute artifacts that Van made back in the day (given they're trapping souls in containers, a thing we've generally only seen Van with his death attribute magic really do).

As such, they're infecting some of the souls they're used on with small amounts of death-attribute mana, and thus these new death attribute users are getting their power not from the dying itself like Avalon thinks, but having their souls directly exposed to death-attribute mana. Which fits with how Van, Mei and Eight Guidance all got their death attribute abilities. Whether continuous exposure to minute amounts of the death-attribute will actually allow Metamorph to become a full death mage when Van and Mei both needed to be exposed to massive amounts of the death attribute to get their complete powers though remains to be seen. (personally guessing not given Avalon trying to take Mei has kinda been set up as the next step in a lot of characters plotlines, but who knows.) :hmm:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  18. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally got to properly read the latest chapter.

Yeah, the Ark (aaku) thing was fixed to Earth (aasu) already.

Hmm. Curious that Avalon completing his research is liable to cause a 2nd "Pluto explosion"... only much much worse. Why though? Nothing springs to mind. Maybe he's trying to clone Pluto or the specific methods he's using is liable to trigger another person with her powers...?

Interesting to get some detail on what it means for gods to cross over between worlds. At least typically. The Demon King and co sure were an exception. And even for Lambda's gods to get some champions depended upon a bunch of unusual circumstances - I guess that helps explain why they were originally willing to go to Rodcorte for help instead.

However, while gods would quickly die on another world, "champions" would be fine it seems. While Van has the demi-god skill, I wouldn't classify him as a true demi-god (more like an artificial demi-god). So he should be okay. And in particularly he already has the divine protection of Origin's gods. Also, in the short term he has been planning to send over some magic tools rather than go himself.

My general impression is that things aren't going to go pear-shaped just yet on Origin. Dunno how long it'll take though

19. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll adopt your pet theory.

Avalon wants unlimited death attribute magic. He can produce limited death attribute magic as much as he wants, but he wants to go even further beyond. So he'll keep experimenting.

Guduranis and his followers brought their mortal worshippers with them (or just quickly spawned more) so they would not be weakened by crossing worlds. The exception proves the rule.

I would rather say that Van is not a born demigod. He is a dhampir, and dhampirs are not demigods by default. Therefore, dhampirs can use the status system. QED. There isn't another relevant distinction between Van and other demigods, as far as I can tell.

Hypothetically, anyone who can take jobs or ranks can become a demigod eventually, because that is the logical conclusion of gaming the system as much as Van has. Van is just the first to actually do so, that's all. And since Van put in a lot of hard work to get to where he is now, I believe he is the only individual on Lambda truly worthy of being a demigod. He earned it. Behold the power of one who lives his 3rd time to the fullest!

Yep. But what exactly is Van's plan for the magic tools he'll send over? He can't just dump them in the Amemiya house and assume they'll know what to do with them.

...Maybe he'll dump them in the Amemiya house with an instruction manual. :blobamused:

You mean it's not already pear-shaped? Both Van and Avalon expect things to come to blows.

Korleone, Claus, jubjub3000 and 2 others like this.
  20. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Instruction manual for Hiroshi might be plausible, but no Amemiya Hiroto or Narumi (might even be used by Van's Origin 'followers' (aka Mentally Broken and guided) ).

Claus, jubjub3000 and Nakakure like this.