Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    For me i got Makoto from Tsuki ga Vibe

Korleone, Szmiiit, hillo315 and 3 others like this.
  2. mai.rain

mai.rain Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get what you mean my thoughts were more of the group binding inside the body as that is more like Farm espically with the mosquitoes and undead he can summon and Vans Insect hordes and undead, then Tsuki which is more of a defensive skill which he doesn't really use for tactics in battle

hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  3. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Saria and Rita is cute, it shame the flash back is when they are r*p*d.

hillo315 likes this.
  4. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    Shame on me! Shame on us! We forgot to comment on the most important info in this chapter: Diana is now officially a magical girl, as Van made a giant Transformation Stick! YAY!

5. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Eeeeeeeeh well Moon and magical Girl seem perfect match right

hillo315, jemini, Claus and 3 others like this.
  6. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Magical moon transformation gear?

A device that turns the moon into a sentient moon sized gurren laggen!

Nakakure and Reman Scimitar like this.
  7. sirin423

sirin423 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is not it a bit strange that he has got a title, or something to be the creator of magical girls in that world?

8. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He has the title "変身装具の守護聖人" - Patron Saint of Transformation Equipment

hillo315, sirin423, heiro001 and 2 others like this.
  9. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She's not. Van hasn't made her a stick yet. But she's on the list. Diana seems awfully not interested in having one, but Talos asked Van to make her one, so Van figured he'll make her one for the heck of it, and then Diana can decide if she really wants to use it or not.

It's then noted making a transformation stick for a Colossus (Yoshi changed True Giant to Colossus so let's go with that now) is kinda insane, but Van didn't question it because Talos is a god worshiped by him and his people and all, so he figured Talos hadn't just made a random request he barely thought about the actual logistics of at all (which is of course exactly what actually happened. :blobfearful:)

He did: [Patron Saint of Transforming Equipment].

edit: ack, kari-no-sugata already addressed it.

Bla8bla, hillo315, Claus and 5 others like this.
  10. sirin423

sirin423 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ah, my mistake, I had not noticed.

11. SnowDorian

SnowDorian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe it to be a waste of time before Van picks up all these souls Gufadogarm had already done a special job on the souls of Jane Doe encouraging the weariness of the personality and then the silent pressure of Van wanting to find out that it is Martina among them made all the souls made an instinctive effort not to be true Martina (I do not know if I understood correctly but all the souls acquired the appearance of Martina!), so at least for me it was clear that Martina is lost forever and Van is not going to destroy a a lot of convenient space spirits just to destroy an empty shell that once was his enemy....

12. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The "Sephirotic tree" is something from Christianity that is supposed to be a conceptualized tree, not a physical or divine object like the world tree of Norse mythology but closer to the concept of a "family tree." A more accurate comparison to the Sephirotic tree would be the "food pyramid." It is supposed to be a means by which the 10 virtues (called the 10 "Sephiroth" in this context) of Christianity and spiritual divotion are listed in terms of how you are supposed to follow them. (It is also largely outdated and not known by many Christians today.)

The Qliphoth tree is often depicted as the roots of the Sephirotic tree as it is the inverse of the Sephirotic tree. It portrays 10 vices, or "Qliphoth," which lead a follower of god to ruin and cause them to stray from their path.

It would be best to think of the Qliphoth as an alternate version of the more famous 7 deadly sins. (Ultimately, the reason why the Sephiroth and the Qliphoth are far more obscure terms in Christianity is because the 7 sins and 7 virtues concept was so much more popular and more preferred, and they both essentially covered the same type of information. There are differences though, the Sephiroth and the Qliphoth are more spiritual and meditative in nature while the 7 sins and 7 virtues are more worldly.)

In other words, Van's "inner world" adds an item inventory to his group binding. I think it's funny that in most RPG game-like isekai the item inventory is one of the very first cheats the MC gets, and it's considered a common cheat for the otherworlders to have. In the case of Death Mage, it's a god-tier ability that comes in near what is looking like the final approach toward the endgame.

Actually, I did not read it that way. What I got was that the guild master was confused as to why Van and all them would be so seriously asking him about the entry requirements for the adventurer school and was basically having an attitude of "Oh, it's just a fighting exam. I know you all will pass it easy, you are WAY over qualified if your performance in saving this town is any indication." Then, they informed him their concern is not failing the exam, but standing out too much. At that point, he realized what was up and started explaining to them properly.

Korleone, ssj4maiko, hillo315 and 4 others like this.
  13. Culaio

Culaio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [
    But isnt there more to it, like the whole, Kabbalah, position of God that cant be found on the Sephirotic tree and understanding god's territory, well my understanding of this is pretty shallow but heard some stuff here and there ;p

Nakakure, hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  14. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, okay, there is more nuance than I summarized, but it's not quite that either.

The actual set up of this is very much like entrance exam cram school prep. Bellard is confused at first why Darcia is asking about the entrance exam because the entrance exam to adventurer schools usually isn't a big deal. Like as long as you have the most basic capabilities they'll train you in most places. But he doesn't know about nor bring up Van and Pauvina defending the town either (Van's involvement in the Fitun incident isn't public knowledge, most of it was attributed to Darcia, Miles and so on). So he (and I quote) "reads too much into it" and figures 'oh, she must have some kind of concern about the adventurer school exam in central!' and goes on a business trip there to get the details.

He basically assumes Darcia is being a protective parent and trying to over-prepare her kids for the exam, so he goes to find out and then explains how the central exam is tougher and various elements like that as he thinks she's concerned about them having trouble passing even if he personally thinks they'll do fine. And indeed, Darcia says she's not particularly worried about their results, and then Bellard responds "yes, if it's your son and daughter, I'm sure they'll succeed." But then:

"However, She then confirmed the directions they and Bellard were thinking in were, in fact, completely different. For Darcia and co, what they were worried about wasn't failing, but simply the consequences of producing far too excellent results and standing out.

[o, oh, I see...]"

So yeah, Bellard thinks Darcia's afraid about her kids failing the central exam, so he goes out of his way to learn more about it, only for it to turn out that Van and co just wanted to know the basic elements so they wouldn't stand out too much. :sweating_profusely: Poor Bellard wasted an entire business trip for nothing. :blobcry:

Korleone, ssj4maiko, Nakakure and 3 others like this.
  15. NekoMK2

NekoMK2 Lazy cat, [self proclaimed GM_Rusaku Disciples]

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm somehow knowing about that adventure school more prep school rather than like noble school who main point is sociality kinda let down, i mean van pretty much no need anything from there also even to form social connections kinda eeh, unless that central school kinda close with typical noble school in other WN/LN who main point is to form relation with other houses

Nakakure, hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  16. SnowDorian

Reading List:
    Link
    Van already has all the rest, social connections is the thing he needed most since the beginning of history since Van wants to make Orbaume openly an allied nation is already equivalent to a checkmate in the faction of Alda since the Amid empire would be closed in a battle of two fronts that would make several leaders of vassal and noble nations of the empire want to desert a war of certain defeat and this would give more force to the oracles sent by Botin and Peria to its believers in the empire ...:sweating_profusely:

Korleone, NekoMK2, jubjub3000 and 2 others like this.
  17. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    That's if everyone is willing to side with Van first, Orbaume Election Kingdom is a collection of 'countries' (got some who're willing to join and some who are hesitant/not to willing to side with Van as well).

jubjub3000 likes this.
  18. SnowDorian

Reading List:
    Link
    I do not think this is really a problem, Orbaume has already proved to be a much more political than religious nation, and if you hear duchies religiously go to the Vidal empire, what will happen is that they are weaker than those who support the medium and long term provoking political instability in the territory and either the dukes or the duques give in to the pressure or they are deposed:blobmelt:

19. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Not referring to religion tbh, otherwise there prob would have been quite a religious reform in parts of Orbaume, but the political aspect which you brought up is what I'm referring to, how many nobles are willing to side with Van if only the higher ups knows the truth but doesn't disseminate it to the other nobles?

-Hartner already felt the Hartner duchy castle shifted and also read on the mountain mine being destroyed (Van used Flame Imprisonment crushing the mountain after freeing the imprisoned titans).

-Sauron duchy/Scylla Autonomous Region was already been read up by the higher ups, but not discussed with by the lower nobles, other than the SAR AO is off limits due to undead and mental threats.

-Then we have Devouring God (not gonna bother with Evil Gods names anymore, way too long for me to type lol) and Fitun and Birkyne/Evil God of Joyful Life being killed off (again not many nobles save a selected few and those who witnessed it) plus the QoL being drastically improved.

Remember they all believe it's Darcia's doing and not Van's since they see him as a child.

Bla8bla and jubjub3000 like this.
  20. SnowDorian

Reading List:
    Link
    All that you have said is most of the reasons the dukes will want to marry Van, Van is not one that can be ignored and he is an absurdly dangerous enemy What is a thing as serious as the possibility of being rejected, a time people can be ignored by policies that usually have a different view of the population and all the evils You can easily be explained in a diplomatic conversation with ...